• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've decided we need a playable mech in Smash. Not a summonable/Final Smash like Elma or Sakura, I want to actually play as a super robot. Now, obviously an actual Gundam is tragically out of the picture, but I feel like there's some mileage here. Mech suits are also acceptable. My immediate thoughts are D.Va, Tron Bonne, and a Super Robot Wars Original Generation character. I guess a Cyberbots character has a shot, but that's not very realistic.

Anyway, more mechs in Smash.
Level 5 gang rise up
Little-Battlers-eXperience-LBX-Dentsu-Entertainment-USA-Inc-Nicktoons-Logo-Van-Yamano-And-Achi...jpg

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone and here I am, in the last day of 2019!

Just to pass the time, LeakyPandy claims that promotional material for the next direct will be finished by January 3rd.

January 8th was always my guess for the next direct with FP5 being shadow dropped later in the same day(mainly because of amiibo theory and a major patch being due soon because of the average length of each patcher interval being around 2 months).
Oh..this is going to be fun. Thank God it isn't during my appointment date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Leaky pandy may get the CONTENTS of directs wrong

But he usually gets the dates right, so...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So wait, the "promotional" stuff being done by then would mean it's sometime after the third, right?

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Just to pass the time, LeakyPandy claims that promotional material for the next direct will be finished by January 3rd.

January 8th was always my guess for the next direct with FP5 being shadow dropped later in the same day(mainly because of amiibo theory and a major patch being due soon because of the average length of each patcher interval being around 2 months).
Isn't LeakyPandy the prime example of "Twitter insider that doesn't know anything but is trusted anyway just because they had one or two lucky guesses in the past"?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one key detail.

If Naegi ever got into Smash, I always thought that it could very likely be a Hero situation with Hajime, Kaede, and Shuichi. And it would combine moves from all of the forementioned games (the liar bullets, every single gadget and minigame worked into it, practically almost every pro you have mentioned combined).

How would you feel about that?
Kaede is my girl and one of my favorite fictional characters ever so, yeah, I'd be down. As long as each skin gets a little extra animation and flavor to represent them, that'd be cool.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Leaky pandy may get the CONTENTS of directs wrong

But he usually gets the dates right, so...
Do they? What Direct dates did they get correct? I'm not really up to date on their general track record, other than the fact that they don't really get much stuff correctly.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Do they? What Direct dates did they get correct? I'm not really up to date on their general track record, other than the fact that they don't really get much stuff correctly.
They got the 3/8/18 direct date right.

And they correctly predicted the timeframe for the 8/8/18 Smash Direct.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice

Assuming this is true, what does this mean? Would the Direct be a week after the 3rd, or an entire month? Not sure how far along it would be made when the promotional material is done. Side note, I have no idea what promotional material entails.

In other news, Not Sabi is doing... something.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Assuming this is true, what does this mean? Would the Direct be a week after the 3rd, or an entire month? Not sure how far along it would be made when the promotional material is done. Side note, I have no idea what promotional material entails.

In other news, Not Sabi is doing... something.
Having trailers from game companies that have games or DLC coming to Switch submitted to Nintendo before the deadline.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
leakypandy is somewhat reliable with direct dates but direct dates are also much easier to predict than the contents of directs

colour me skeptical because a promo deadline on the 3rd also means the direct could be any time within the next 2 months excluding this week and leakypandy could still claim that their info was correct, it was just internal stuff being organised

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Also many people pointed out that even IF this is true, then the Direct will probably air in late January/early February considering that material is gathered and put together weeks in advance of the Direct airing.

KillerCage

Smash Master
how do you Guys think his chances look for post pass dlc?
View attachment 255067
I think they’re good with mcc coming to switch
I wanted Master Chief in Smash ever since we got Cloud.
Considering Microsoft's current relationship with Nintendo, he is no longer an impossibility.
COME ON CHIEF! FINISH THE FIGHT!

Wait a minute. I thought LeakyPandy was unreliable.
What has he gotten right besides Direct dates?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't want the direct annoucements being leaked, if anything I would like to know when we can expect the direct to happen lol

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Also many people pointed out that even IF this is true, then the Direct will probably air in late January/early February considering that material is gathered and put together weeks in advance of the Direct airing.

Highly doubt it because every character release so far has coincided with every Amiibo wave (next one is Jan 17)

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Having the deadline for companies to have their materials ready for the direct be the third, is just weird to me since that is only 2 days after news years day. Doesn't seem like a good deadline since marketing teams would of only just got back from break.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know most people consider it infallible, but the amiibo theory could end up being nothing more than a freaky coincidence.

They released a bunch of Smash amiibo for the cut vets and newcomers, and each wave has released every other month, with April/July being the only exception (W1 - December, W2 - February, W3 - April, W4 - July, W5 - September, W6- November, W7 - January). So a Direct could possibly show up January, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was February either.

Also, I wouldn't count on this trend continuing for much longer. Now that all the base game characters have been added, expect amiibo releases to slow down.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Leakypandy is not a reliable source, and even if what they say is true, Directs are culled far enough in advance that a deadline at the beginning of January would be more indicative of a late Jan/early Feb Direct than one happening less than a week later. That would be unrealistic.

But, as said, they're not a credible source anyway.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I know most people consider it infallible, but the amiibo theory could end up being nothing more than a freaky coincidence.

They released a bunch of Smash amiibo for the cut vets and newcomers, and each wave has released every other month, with April/July being the only exception (W1 - December, W2 - February, W3 - April, W4 - July, W5 - September, W6- November, W7 - January). So a Direct could possibly show up January, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was February either.

Also, I wouldn't count on this trend continuing for much longer. Now that all the base game characters have been added, expect amiibo releases to slow down.

Once is a chance, Twice is a coincidence, Thrice is a pattern.

When it gets to Four times? I don’t even know what its called at that point.

There is a reason why many people believe in “Amiibo Theory” atm.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

It should be pretty obvious by now that the DLC characters were being deliberately released within the timeframe of each amiibo release. And Sakurai himself was even saying in his FP character moveset videos, of the new amiibo that were released or going to be released soon.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Releasing every other month isn't that abnormal for amiibo schedules. Quite a few of Smash 4's amiibo followed a similar pattern.

I don't really believe the amiibo are indicative of new characters though. They could've swapped the schedule and had amiibo release on every month we didn't get a character and people would still say that there was a pattern.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I don't want the direct annoucements being leaked, if anything I would like to know when we can expect the direct to happen lol
Seconded.

I can live without any specific announcements being leaked (even if it's something that would be exciting like one of my most wanted characters being the next, or two character reveals instead of one). Just give me a date, and I'll be a good little boy and wait.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

As someone who has laughed at theories like color and especially google theory. Something that gives Amiibo theory credit is how they actually have to patch in the data for the newly released Amiibo I believe as I don't think they were on the cart.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As someone who has laughed at theories like color and especially google theory. Something that gives Amiibo theory credit is how they actually have to patch in the data for the newly released Amiibo I believe as I don't think they were on the cart.
Doesn't necessarily have to coincide with the release of a character though. As long as they update the game before the figure is released, it doesn't matter when they patch it. If there's already an update planned, then sure, it'd make more sense to add the amiibo then and save people from having to update the game twice.

But like I said in my earlier post, I don't think this trend will continue much longer now that all base game characters have amiibo. It usually takes about nine months to make an amiibo, and since amiibo typically come out in waves of two or more, I think the number of character reveals will be greater than amiibo releases.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

oh noes.... i accidentally dropped a link to a full darkstalkers anime with decent characters and amazing animation. i really hope noone notice and ends watching it all since is it aged pretty well, and ends understanding Darkstalkers charm and why i still a fairly beloved "series" that havent got a new game in ages DX.

D

Deleted member

oh noes.... i accidentally dropped a link to a full darkstalkers anime with decent characters and amazing animation. i really hope noone notice and ends watching it all since is it aged pretty well, and ends understanding Darkstalkers charm and why i still a fairly beloved "series" that havent got a new game in ages DX.
I saw that OVA many months ago.

Overall: I loved the world it presented and the characters.

Darkstalkers in Smash would indeed be really awesome.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Daily reminder:
Darkstalkers-Not-Dead.jpg

Still waiting.

D

Deleted member

HOLY SHOOT WAIT WHA-

Nah nvm I saw that on Kissanime...dope anime tho

KatKit

Smash Lord
It is finished! This... wasn't as easy as I'd like, but it's a super fun concept, IMO. Honestly, I put wayyy too much effort into this, especially since I'm on mobile. But I think it'll make at least one person happy, so that's all that matters to me. It was also a neat challenge; I've never played the game or even heard of the character until today. I'd like this to be a reminder to just accept whatever comes our way with an open mind, because it'll fulfill at least one wish. Learning about the character made me interested as well; I had no idea this was the first circus based videogame. I tried my hardest to capture the feel of the acrobatics; I love how momentum-based the game looked.

Anyway, as stated, Charlie would be unrivaled in the air, at the cost of his ground game. To compensate, he has the unique ability to charge aerial attacks. Most of his special moves also make him airborne. Due to the nature of how some of the attacks work, opponents will be forced to carefully watch Charlie perform them before safely approaching. The battle will feel like he's putting on a show, and you are his audience!

Neutral Special: Monkey.

Pressing the button causes Charlie to place a monkey on the ground in front him. Charlie can only use one monkey at a time. It deals no damage, but it acts as a barrier/obstacle. Opponents can attack the monkey; similar to Pacman's hydrant, when opponents cause enough damage to it, it can fly and harm Charlie. Monkeys destroy Charlie's ball; avoid running over them.

Holding down the button causes the monkey to move and attack instead. The longer the button is held, the farther the monkey will travel. The monkey deals very little damage, but it breaks shields: it is more effective to jump over it!

Side Special: Lion.

Charlie mounts a lion that runs forwards. Press the special button again to jump. Press :GCU: to jump off of the lion. The lion can be used as an additional jump. The lion jumps in an arc like:

Down Special: Trampoline/Trapeze

This up special move has three parts to it. Simply pressing the button once causes Charlie to bounce upwards off of a trampoline.

Pressing it again spawns a trapeze. Charlie will be suspended in midair, first rocking backwards

Then forwards. The first time he moves forwards is an attack, but after that, the move no longer deals damage. Charlie can swing back and forth on the trapeze up to three times before falling off. If he is attacked while swinging, it will result in Charlie being put into freefall. Finally, pressing the button again causes Charlie to jump off of the trapeze. When Charlie lands on the ground, he takes a quick bow. If you listen closely, you can hear quick/quite applause.

Down Special: Ball Walk/Bounce

This move has two versions: 1 for the ground, the other for the air. On the ground, press the button for a ball to spawn underneath Charlie. Charlie can then try to roll over opponents. The ball's movement is slow, but it buries enemies that get hit by it. Press :GCU: to jump off of it. The attack lasts for 15 seconds, or until Charlie jumps off of it. You must wait 15 seconds before using it again. There's a deflated ball meter that gradually pumps up as an indicator for when the attack is ready.

When used in the air, the ball bounces and gradually gains momentum, getting higher with each bounce. You can control which direction the ball bounces each time. Each time the ball hits the ground, it deals damage to opponents. On the final bounce, Charlie is thrown high into the air, and the ball bursts. Charlie can cancel the attack at any time by jumping off of it. Here's a visual for reference:

Final Smash: Charlie rides a horse. If it hits you, cue circus performance, that one jingle, and an explosion.

Smash Attack: In the lion gif above, you see Charlie jumping over flaming jar things. He carries one of those and drops it like Villager. Leaves flame residue on the ground that doesn't damage opponents. However, this move can be used in tandem with Charlie's...

Forward Tilt: Charlie tosses a hula hoop ring forward. Does little damage. However, you can toss the hoop into the flames left behind by his smash attack for extra damage.

Up Smash: Fireworks like Villager.

Down Smash: Charlie carries two money bags and slams them on the ground. Has a rare chance of a coin popping out and hitting above him.

Grabs: Charlie's grab is a rope/tether recovery. If you're wondering why he's using as lasso, it's not because he's a rodeo clown. That rope is his tightrope!

He's a clown so I'd imagine the buzzer hand as his back throw, the squirt flower as his forward throw, etc. Cheesy little gags, to flesh out the character and reference the circus. Visuals for reference:

Victory animation:

His taunts are three different balloon animals: an elephant, a lion, and a horse.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I can assure you that Leaky Pandy is just pure trolling but seeing how it grows and become more noticeable is quite an entertainment.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I feel like everybody and their grandma is expecting a direct soon. Stop validating those attention whores.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
When I thought about the idea of zero Smash info at the game wards, I worried about the mental stability of the thread.

now we are nearing January, the idea of not getting any Smash info until February fills me a dread that very few things could.

D

Deleted member

I can stand 2 more months without Smash news, tbqh.

Had a worse time waiting for news on the X-Men DLC for UA3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom