• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd lowkey kinda be cool with Neopets appearing in Smash.

That's probably the nostalgia talking. :laugh:

(It doesn't really count as a video game though does it?)

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'd lowkey kinda be cool with Neopets appearing in Smash.

That's probably the nostalgia talking. :laugh:

(It doesn't really count as a video game though does it?)
I'd say it does. They're virtual pet sims, aren't they? Those are definitely video games.

SKX31

Smash Master
*Takes a look at current / recent exclusive Switch bundles*

Europe: Mario Kart 8
South Korea: Fortnite

Middle East: Battle Chasers Nightwar

A retailer in Taiwan:

"When the same news was posted on a Chinese site, someone advocated Civilization VI and I don't think that's a good choice out of health concerns."

Welp, since Christmas Vacation is coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be radio silence followed by a bunch of leaks on the final days of the vacation
I'm assuming people will start to get real antsy around / after New Years, and caught off guard when the leaks suddenly start showing up.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
It's funny; Terry was the fighter I knew the least about in the whole DLC pack, and he's the one I play in-game most. It's really made me more open-minded to the idea of Fighter 5 being someone I don't know well, because Terry is now my boy.

I'd still love a first party fighter but Smash is always a good way to get into a new series. I can definitely see Sakurai adding a third party that isn't really well-known worldwide for the last slot.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Padoru?

Quick what's that behind you?

But seriously how this, Sakurai asks you to add up to five songs from a video game to Smash, which songs would you pick?
Frozenheart- Dungeon Fighter
Ghost Train Boss BGM- Dungeon Fighter
Pink Bean Battle- MapleStory
Must Die- Blazblue
Bad Surface- Under Night in Birth

D

Deleted member

Ok, five songs I would add into Smash:

>The Sector 1 of SR388 theme from Samus Returns
>E.G.G.M.A.N.
>Pac-Man World trilogy songs
>The Bomberman NES theme but remixed
>One Winged Angel

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman

>E.G.G.M.A.N.
>One Winged Angel
Oh heck yeah I'll play this game.

- One Winged Angel (or anything else from a Final Fantasy game, really...hahaha)
- Storm Eagle from Mega Man X (I'd prefer a remix)
- Beware the Forest Mushrooms from Super Mario RPG (remix would be awesome, but I'd take the original...I want this more than Geno himself)
- Battle VS. Gym Leader from Pokemon Red/Blue (original)
- Viridi, Goddess of Nature from Kid Icarus: Uprising (the song after the reset bomb hits...so good!)

Honorable Mention: Super Pipe House from Super Mario RPG

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

>E.G.G.M.A.N.
>One Winged Angel
1. Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion)
2. Uncontrollable (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
3. Theme of Captain Falcon (F-Zero GX)
4. Anything from Astral Chain I guess
5. I Believe (Persona 5 Royal)

Any updates?
New leaks?
God I wish

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Thought about looking into the release dates of Devil May Cry 1 and 2 on the Nintendo Switch, to more or less estimate when DMC 3 might release, until I found out that the release date has already been announced; it being February 20, 2020. The cognitive gears began to turn, and I am beginning to feel convinced that our mysterious Fighter #5 of the current Fighters Pass might end up being Dante himself (despite all the deconfirms, yadda yadda). Firstly, we have Hideaki Itsuno's remarks in regards to Dante being brought to Super Smash Bros. In short he hypothesized that for Dante to be in Smash, Devil May Cry games would have had to have been released on Nintendo systems at some point.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...m-needs-bring-series-nintendo-platform-first/

Very well. Months later, Devil May Cry (1) was ported to the Nintendo Switch on June 24, 2019. A few months later, Devil May Cry 2 was also ported to the Switch on September 19, 2019. And now we have Devil May Cry 3 coming up on February 20, 2020. Hmm, February... yes, that month. Back when Sakurai first announced the Fighters Pass during the November 2018 Smash Direct, within the announcement, in fine letters at the bottom it read that all sets of the Fighters Pass (Challenger Packs) would be released through the end of February 2020. I know some may brush off the idea of these game releases having any sort of meaning in relation to Dante potential coming to Smash Bros. Ultimate as a DLC fighter, but Itsuno's remarks, plus the subsequent ports of the Devil May Cry games tells me otherwise. Sure, by February 2020 we won't have all of the Devil May Cry games released to date (4, and 5), but the first three were the ones that were originally released within close time windows, AND were the games in which Dante was the main protagonist (Nero taking over from 4 and onward). And if that weren't enough, Nintendo might be playing the 5D chess game if this comes to pass.

Dante is a demon. In March 20, 2020 DOOM Eternal, and DOOM 64 will be coming to the Nintendo Switch. Exactly a month later. Bringing these pieces together, I can now imagine a double January Smash reveal. The reveal of fighter #5 would be Dante, slated to be released sometime around late January, or early February (a few days after the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Open Tournament that will take place between Feb. 1-2). As Dante's cinematic reveal nears the end, we get the surprise of the second reveal (maybe immediately after Dante's, or around the end of the Direct, continuing from Dante's reveal), we see Dante looking at the next new-comer; the first DLC fighter of the second wave; the Doom Slayer. Dante being a demon, and them both being in a hellish environment, the misunderstanding takes place and Doom Slayer charges towards Dante. Challenger Pack #5 = Dante from Devil May Cry. Challenger Pack #6 = Doom Slayer from DOOM.

This is just me speculating based on certain facts (Itsuno, Devil May Cry ports, release dates). This is by no means a rumor, nor leak. But I'm feeling confident about this possibility. :2gud:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Its going to be quite a wait until we get news on challenger #5 of fighters pass or the announcement of a new Nintendo Direct in January.

But hopefully we will get the news on this soon.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
But seriously how this, Sakurai asks you to add up to five songs from a video game to Smash, which songs would you pick?
Fly Octo Fly (Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion): Link
Dire, Dire Docks (Mario 64): Link
Meteor Herd (Sonic Adventure 2): Link
Literally Anything from Jet Set Radio
The Key to All (Kingdom Hearts 3): Link

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thought about looking into the release dates of Devil May Cry 1 and 2 on the Nintendo Switch, to more or less estimate when DMC 3 might release, until I found out that the release date has already been announced; it being February 20, 2020. The cognitive gears began to turn, and I am beginning to feel convinced that our mysterious Fighter #5 of the current Fighters Pass might end up being Dante himself (despite all the deconfirms, yadda yadda). Firstly, we have Hideaki Itsuno's remarks in regards to Dante being brought to Super Smash Bros. In short he hypothesized that for Dante to be in Smash, Devil May Cry games would have had to have been released on Nintendo systems at some point.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...m-needs-bring-series-nintendo-platform-first/

Very well. Months later, Devil May Cry (1) was ported to the Nintendo Switch on June 24, 2019. A few months later, Devil May Cry 2 was also ported to the Switch on September 19, 2019. And now we have Devil May Cry 3 coming up on February 20, 2020. Hmm, February... yes, that month. Back when Sakurai first announced the Fighters Pass during the November 2018 Smash Direct, within the announcement, in fine letters at the bottom it read that all sets of the Fighters Pass (Challenger Packs) would be released through the end of February 2020. I know some may brush off the idea of these game releases having any sort of meaning in relation to Dante potential coming to Smash Bros. Ultimate as a DLC fighter, but Itsuno's remarks, plus the subsequent ports of the Devil May Cry games tells me otherwise. Sure, by February 2020 we won't have all of the Devil May Cry games released to date (4, and 5), but the first three were the ones that were originally released within close time windows, AND were the games in which Dante was the main protagonist (Nero taking over from 4 and onward). And if that weren't enough, Nintendo might be playing the 5D chess game if this comes to pass.

Dante is a demon. In March 20, 2020 DOOM Eternal, and DOOM 64 will be coming to the Nintendo Switch. Exactly a month later. Bringing these pieces together, I can now imagine a double January Smash reveal. The reveal of fighter #5 would be Dante, slated to be released sometime around late January, or early February (a few days after the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Open Tournament that will take place between Feb. 1-2). As Dante's cinematic reveal nears the end, we get the surprise of the second reveal (maybe immediately after Dante's, or around the end of the Direct, continuing from Dante's reveal), we see Dante looking at the next new-comer; the first DLC fighter of the second wave; the Doom Slayer. Dante being a demon, and them both being in a hellish environment, the misunderstanding takes place and Doom Slayer charges towards Dante. Challenger Pack #5 = Dante from Devil May Cry. Challenger Pack #6 = Doom Slayer from DOOM.

This is just me speculating based on certain facts (Itsuno, Devil May Cry ports, release dates). This is by no means a rumor, nor leak. But I'm feeling confident about this possibility. :2gud:
That would be great, though as far as I know, Doom Eternal's Switch version has been delayed indefinitely. It's coming to Xbox One, PS4, and Steam on March 20th, 2020, but we don't know when the Switch version will be out.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
That would be great, though as far as I know, Doom Eternal's Switch version has been delayed indefinitely. It's coming to Xbox One, PS4, and Steam on March 20th, 2020, but we don't know when the Switch version will be out.
That actually works in favor to this possible scenario since it would give Doom Slayer's release appropriate time to call in DOOM fans to Smash, while at the same time call in new players to the DOOM franchise and try out the previous games until Eternal comes out on Switch (which... shouldn't be too far from March 20th; perhaps an April release).

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Its going to be quite a wait until we get news on challenger #5 of fighters pass or the announcement of a new Nintendo Direct in January.

But hopefully we will get the news on this soon.
We likely (and thankfully) won't have to wait too long. February draws ever so closer, and so far the DLC characters have all been announced at least one month prior to their release. Unless they plan on saving the reveal for February so they can do a shadow-drop the same day, I figure we're gonna know who Fighter 5 is by at least early or mid-January.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Early January would be great.

Although not that it matters anymore to me. One of my new years revolutions is to be a better person which I'm starting to do early now. Sakurai has done enough for us giving us everyone back as well as our most wanted especially my three most wants. If he didn't want to he wouldn't and for him to make us the ultimate Smash game is more the reason to respect him.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
My five songs would be:

Orca's theme (Okami)
Fonsett Village (Xenoblade 2)
Mermaid Falls (Shantae)
Sakura Taisen (Sakura Wars)
Don't Worry (Xenoblade X)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Amiibo Theory has been solid so far which is why i'm banking on a shadow drop the day of the Direct for Fighter 5.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Amiibo Theory has been solid so far which is why i'm banking on a shadow drop the day of the Direct for Fighter 5.
Oh and to add to this, the next wave is slated for Jan 17th IIRC. Characters are usually dropped a bit before that so a Direct on the 8th makes a ton of sense.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I could easily fill that entire selection with songs from just one game, but I'll limit it to one song per game for variety's sake.

Tidal Rush from Splatoon 2.
Dark Samus Theme from Metroid Prime 3.
Devil Trigger from DMC 5.
Buoy Base Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy.
Scala Ad Caelum from Kingdom Hearts 3.

A number of these are just what I'm feeling at the moment, and if I were to be asked again later the selection would probably be pretty different.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

As a person who said a lot of the same thing you said and who really want Dante all I can say is that he's probably ain't going to happen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Assuming that it's limited to series that are already involved somehow...

Akuma's Theme (Super Street Fighter II) - I find it weird that all of the Street Fighter II themes are in the game aside from that one.

One-Winged Angel (Final Fantasy VII) - we need more Final Fantasy music

Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V) - we need more Final Fantasy music

Battle Theme (Final Fantasy VI) - WE NEED MORE FINAL FANTASY MUSIC

Life Will Change (Persona 5) - it was in Joker's trailer, but oddly enough, not in Smash Ultimate itself

Honourable mentions go to It Has To Be This Way (Metal Gear Rising, because I don't know how we managed to get zero songs from that game - even the instrumental version would still work) and Dancing Mad (because WE NEED MORE FINAL FANTASY MUSIC, though it would probably have to be a remix or one part of the song to get it down to a reasonable length - if they can't include all of the verses of the DK Rap, they're definitely not going to get a full 17-minute song in).

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Sega music pack is what I seek.

Streets of Rage music (Various tracks from the first and second game)

Jet Set Radio/Future

Ristar

Comix Zone

Zombie Revenge (There's a couple tracks from this spin off of HOTD that I'd love in the game)

Vectorman

Shinobi (Especially some of the PS2 game tracks)

Sonic (Still plenty of solid choices from his 16bit era)

Golden Axe

Panzer Dragoon or NiGHTS?

Gimme da muuuusic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As a person who said a lot of the same thing you said and who really want Dante all I can say is that he's probably ain't going to happen.
He can still happen. I see him as the liklest capcom rep right now. His biggest competition resident evil is gone and he comes from a Japanese franchise. And he’ll be able to meet :ultbayonetta:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
He can still happen. I see him as the liklest capcom rep right now. His biggest competition resident evil is gone and he comes from a Japanese franchise. And he’ll be able to meet :ultbayonetta:
Look, I want that. I thought of a whole trailer for Dante's reveal with Bayonetta that ends with them doing a Jackpot shot like in DMC3. It's just ain't going to happen.

D

Deleted member

Look, I want that. I thought of a whole trailer for Dante's reveal with Bayonetta that ends with them doing a Jackpot shot like in DMC3. It's just ain't going to happen.
But it’s likley to happen him getting in

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
But it’s likley to happen him getting in
He is as likely as any other character, meaning his chances are equally as small. There is nothing going on right now that actually enhances his chances any more than any other character. Don't falsely bolster your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom