• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Ok but Revali's dungeon forced me to either find warm clothing on my blind playthrough or to go straight to Ganon so **** Revali
You could literally buy it in the same village you met Revali.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You reminded me of this legendary fake roster from ca. 2003:

I dunno how you top this one though. I mean, King Boo / LM Ghosts and the Moon / Giants?

11 / 5 :4pacman:
What kind of dweeb wants Villager? [Animal X-Ing] is where it's at.

****posting aside I wonder why it'd have Mia without Isaac.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Since we're talking about archers... What character who would primarily wield a bow would you like to be playable in Smash?

Pit and Dark Pit only fire arrows as a single neutral special, same with the Links. I'm talking about a character who would shoot arrows as more than one special and / or as part of some normals and aerials, like Mega Man and Villager / Isabelle.

Claude has been brought up because he uses a bow, so he's a start. Anyone else?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How about Toad and Toadette as an Ice Climbers duo.
Hard pass. That sucks enough when the ICs do it. No need to double dip on that gimmick.

I feel like the bigger Super Smash Bros. gets, the less receptive people are to the lesser characters. If this was Melee I'd bet nobody would bat an eye at Piranha Plant.
I batted an eye at Ice Climbers, Game & Watch at the time.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Archers? Lara Croft and Aloy, for starters. If we're just naming cool ass bow users, there's her.

As well as Mercedes from Odin Sphere and H'aanit from Octopath Traveler.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Since we're talking about archers... What character who would primarily wield a bow would you like to be playable in Smash?

Pit and Dark Pit only fire arrows as a single neutral special, same with the Links. I'm talking about a character who would shoot arrows as more than one special and / or as part of some normals and aerials, like Mega Man and Villager / Isabelle.

Claude, Decidueye and Linkle are among the more popular suggestions.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Archers, eh? The only Archer I want... is Archer
03b9927175d0a97fa414f064965e20f6.gif

Ignore the fact that he is technically more of a swordsman than he has ever been an archer. Ever.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Banjo-Kazooie = Banjo Fanbase
Waluigi = Steve Fanbase
Before bear and bird got into Smash, there was the Great Banjo-Steve War.
934772_pingasoft_banjo-in-smash-in-a-nutshell.png

PS: haw haw better luck next time Wahaloogi, see ya in Smash 6 as an dumb old assist trophy. (Or as a fighter, who knows.)

Last edited:

Daisycakes

Banned via Warnings
Because Sakurai hates Memoryman, just as we all do.
Except that memoryman literally spoke against this multiple times, and even emailed Nintendo Co. Ltd and got a response for it.

People tried to twist it as a good thing but extensive testing showed that it was literally just a straight buff when Daisy got her turnips fixed.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Not a probable choice but Yukari from Persona 3 is an archer:

1576659634851.png

This is her Persona 4 Arena appearance, where her moveset includes kicks, flips, wind and healing magic along with sentai-themed gadgets and arrows.

D

Deleted member

Good evening everyone.

*sassily twists chair and sits down*

Any news lately, or are we still on this wild goose chase?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Considering we're supposed to get FP5 by February 29th, there's not really much wiggle room right now. Unless it's a shadow drop.

D

Deleted member

Considering we're supposed to get FP5 by February 29th, there's not really much wiggle room right now. Unless it's a shadow drop.
Shadow drop...

This kinda reminds me of the day Joker got released. I was busy playing pub games of Mobile Legends when the gameplay trailer dropped. Man, was I hyped.

If we're getting FP5 this way...

D

Deleted member

Except that memoryman literally spoke against this multiple times, and even emailed Nintendo Co. Ltd and got a response for it.

MEDIA

People tried to twist it as a good thing but extensive testing showed that it was literally just a straight buff when Daisy got her turnips fixed.
Are you MemoryMan, because that's the only person I can see defending them over an obvious joke.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, if we don't have any Direct announcements in the next 5-ish hours, we're not getting anything for the remainder of this year. That much is certain.

D

Deleted member

Well, if we don't have any Direct announcements in the next 5-ish hours, we're not getting anything for the remainder of this year. That much is certain.
It's still Wednesday at your place, am I correct?

D

Deleted member

Some friends of mine are saying Style Savvy as FP5 and honestly that'd be godlike to end the pass on, female character, first party character, popular franchise, more Ring A Ding, no possible thing to complain about
Style Savvy character?
Man I wish they already reveal CP5 because I wanna know if the whole pass is worth it or not.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, usually I would dery the pass because not one character was (yet) from a franchise I like but then again, Terry is bonkers to play, Hero gave us a lot of ridiciulous RNG clips, Banjo just fits perfectly into Smash as an old school Nintendo veteran and Joker is stylish as hell. Just my own fault for being so damn picky with the games I like.

I know myself. I will pre-order the next pass anyway so why should I try to argue against it? Geno? KOS-MOS? Giana Sisters? John Soldier Guy 117? At this point, anyone will do for me.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Hard pass. That sucks enough when the ICs do it. No need to double dip on that gimmick.
Do the characters make you hate the gimmick or do you just hate the gimmick? Regardless I do agree for the most part; I'd hate to see this mechanic shoved onto a pair of characters just because they appear together.

I batted an eye at Ice Climbers, Game & Watch at the time.
True but you do seem to be pickier than most; Only the best of the best should be in Smash.

Except for Kunio. He gets a pass because you liked him before hand. :4pacman:

Some friends of mine are saying Style Savvy as FP5 and honestly that'd be godlike to end the pass on, female character, first party character, popular franchise, more Ring A Ding, no possible thing to complain about
But Gweeeeeeeeeeeeen, that's a girl's game! I don't want no girly girls getting cooties all over my macho fighting game!

Stupid jokes aside, Ring A Ding is the bomb, so if it means we get more songs like that then I will be happy.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
As much as I post anti-Incineroar stuff, I will admit I'm not the best representative of America's reception to Incineroar. They actually dislike Primarina more, for one thing.
Primarina would of been amazing if they made it in Smash, I made a pretty convincing moveset for her.

I guess Ravali, or Linkle.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You reminded me of this legendary fake roster from ca. 2003:

I dunno how you top this one though. I mean, King Boo / LM Ghosts and the Moon / Giants?

11 / 5 :4pacman:
Aw man that brings back memories. I remember seeing that and thinking it was legit. Man was I such an idiot back then. Fun times.
Here's hoping but I'm honestly not counting on it.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I never liked Primarina. It's feminine in a way that doesn't appeal to me. Doesn't help that when I did give it a chance, it ended up being on the nightmare run of Pokémon Ultra Sun. The team composition was very whimsical, so it eventually consisted of it, Alolan Marowak, Arbok, Wigglytuff, Beheeyem, and Magnezone. No Exp. Share until after Ultra Necrozma because I didn't know the game was balanced around it and decided to forego it for a challenge.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'M TELLING YOU THIS IS HOW STYLE SAVVY CAN STILL WIN

Back when the game was first datamined there was a rumor about Ring Dong Dang having some kind of empty stage or emblem data that referenced it, but I never got clarification on that. It would be wild if it really did work out that way.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
At first, I wanted Decidueye over Incineroar because he seemed cooler, is a grass starter, and would have more of an interesting moveset. But now, I'm glad Incineroar is in the game. Sakurai wanted a wrestler and it's clear why: It lead to a fun and unique moveset that makes Incineroar stand out from the crowd. Plus, he has a lot of personality.

As for primarina, I think she is cool, but I don't have much of an opinion on her since I chose Incineroar as my starter.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Archers? Lara Croft and Aloy, for starters. If we're just naming cool ass bow users, there's her.

As well as Mercedes from Odin Sphere and H'aanit from Octopath Traveler.
I dont want to see H'aanit unless she starts speaking modern english. I defended the way the character talks before but looking back on it, It was an absolutely horrible choice making her talk like that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom