• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Exactly! Did you see how I was writing with Caps on and shouting to the universe how 100% sure this would be related to Smash?
You posted a tweet about a Digimon livestream in a Smash forum. On the DLC speculation thread no less. And your profile pic is a clear smoking gun to who your most wanted is.

How else are we supposed to take it, other than you trying to spin it as a hint for your most wanted?

D

Deleted member

What do you mean he isn't real? How can one constantly win without being real? Cause we all know Baboom win.
Baboom comes from an alternate dimension, that’s why they just don’t exist here but at the same time win in any reality.

Also, nice pfp.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
There is a tweet that there was a direct today but sadly it was just a joke. Like who jokes about that!?

Graizen

Smash Champion
You posted a tweet about a Digimon livestream in a Smash forum. On the DLC speculation thread no less. And your profile pic is a clear smoking gun to who your most wanted is.

How else are we supposed to take it, other than you trying to spin it as a hint for your most wanted?
Yeah! It could be a hint.
There are chances.

But I'm not shouting that this is for sure information about Smash.

D

Deleted member

Yeah! It could be a hint.
There are chances.

But I'm not shouting that this is for sure information about Smash.
Graizen, the ONLY times you EVER post is to either proclaim your love and want for Agumon to be in or to post something that only you think hints at Agumon coming to Smash.

Your very first post on this board was a fake leak that you insisted came from a friend that you couldn't name (or show even screenshot of said leak) saying that Agumon is in. When you post, we already know its because you think there's a chance for Agumon in Smash; don't try and hide it as anything less.

The worst of it is, if you like Agumon even half as much as the Smash community already knows you do, then you more than anyone else would know that V-Jump is not a source of gaming news and that you're wasting everyone's time here by even hinting there's a chance behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Not that I am aware of.
I kind of did. Usually when an Indie Direct airs, there is a Nintendo Direct around the corner. But I initially thought it was the week after. However, I just checked YouTube the other day and it looks like it's closer to 2-3 weeks after.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There is a tweet that there was a direct today but sadly it was just a joke. Like who jokes about that!?
Who gets emotionally damaged over fake direct tweets?

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
You know how the main argument against showing all of the DLC characters at once is that it would kill speculation?

I’d argue that no VGA reveal has killed it more than that ever will.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
You know what? Everybody wants Tekken (and/or Soul Calibur) and I imagine that happening eventually, but Dead or Alive would also be super cool. Tekken (and/or SoulCal) vs. DoA is a dream of mine. I expect Ryu Hayabusa eventually repping Ninja Gaiden, so it would be cool if we also got a character like Ayane or Kasumi to rep DoA. So, I'm going to talk about what the series has to bring.

First, the stage potential. Dead or Alive's stages have these crazy interactive environments that would translate well to Smash. There's things like traps, explosive and electric barriers, dinosaurs, Krakkens, etc. There's breakable structures and cinematic stage transitions. Even the simpler levels have gorgeous backgrounds like THIS.

Next, the gameplay. The series is filled with a bunch of ninjas, so the main characters are all a bunch of flashy, jumpy, teleporty, lighting-fast bruisers, which is lowkey refreshing. A lot of characters (especially Ayane) fight backwards, so there are instances where you intentionally have to face away from your opponent to do cool stuff. These multi-directional attacks set them apart from a lot of fighting games: in-universe, turning away from your opponent is a viable strategy. It'd translate well into Smash. Throws are also important, so I can imagine a DoA character bringing something like a unique dashing grab.

Finally, the music is surprisingly good and varied. I set this as the training mode theme. It's a chill workout song.

Unfortunately, I can't find the other song I want to post on Youtube. Most of the videos are removed or nobody bothered to upload them. The entire OST is still up for some reason though, so I'll post that I guess. I wanted to post Orientronic (so I'll skip to that), but I also like "with the Goddess" and "Abandoned".

That's just one game, but there are quite a few catchy character themes, too.

I'd rather not talk about it, but someone is probably going to bring up CERO, so I might as well address the fact that Dead or Alive did a bit of rebranding. Despite some backlash (mostly from whiny sexists), DoA is toned down quite a bit. The characters' default outfits show a heck of a lot less skin (shirtless dudes aside).

Overall, I just think it would be neat. The gameplay is fantastic, it's way different from other 3D fighters, etc. It would be nice if Smash brought attention to it because it's a solid fighter that should be taken more seriously.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You know how the argument against showing all of the DLC characters at once is that it would kill speculation?

I’d argue that no VGA reveal has killed it more than that ever will.
Nah we've been keeping our same status quo we had goin' before TGA. For example, we had our usual Fire Emblem argument just yesterday!

Real talk, all speculation is is pretty much guessing. Sure, we try to see "patterns" and use those to make educated guesses, but it's still all a big glorified guessing game. Not getting a reveal doesn't really change what this thread does anyway.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sure, we try to see "patterns" and use those to make educated guesses, but it's still all a big glorified guessing game.
b-b-b-but based leaker man told me it was gonna be the hamburglar

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Nah we've been keeping our same status quo we had goin' before TGA. For example, we had our usual Fire Emblem argument just yesterday!

Real talk, all speculation is is pretty much guessing. Sure, we try to see "patterns" and use those to make educated guesses, but it's still all a big glorified guessing game. Not getting a reveal doesn't really change what this thread does anyway.
I will say this though, if Nintendo really feels like their strategy is the best way possible, that is fine.

But would it kill them to be a bit more upfront with their consumers? Especially since there are people who have already paid for the pass?

Imagine how less impatient people would be if Sakurai simply just said “FP5 will be revealed in January!” at the end of Terrys presentation. Would’ve definitely stopped much of the VGA backlash from this community.

D

Deleted member

Can’t you just guys wait for the next direct? So what if there’s no reveal this month? It’s not like they’re going to release it immediately.

I will say this though, if Nintendo really feels like their strategy is the best way possible, that is fine.

But would it kill them to be a bit more upfront with their consumers? Especially since there are people who have already paid for the pass?

Imagine how less impatient people would be if Sakurai simply just said “FP5 will be revealed in January!” at the end of Terrys presentation. Would’ve definitely stopped much of the VGA backlash from this community.

They can can do whatever they want, it’s your fault if you bought the pass too soon and expected a VGA reveal when they didn’t say there was one.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

This community doesn't even make up like, 2% of Smash's install base.

Most people who bought the pass probably forget about it until Nintendo shows a new character off. Only the very small core speculation fandom cares as much as it does, and I don't really think Nintendo cares too much about that when we're barely a blip on the radar and will buy and play it anyway when the character comes out.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Sakurai outright said "don't buy the pass if you want to know its content", so it's not like consumers didn't know what they were signing up for.

Also, VGA backlash was completely unnecessary. Nobody promised a Smash reveal but a lot of people were still expecting one.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Can’t you just guys wait for the next direct? So what if there’s no reveal this month? It’s not like they’re going to release it immediately.

They can can do whatever they want, it’s your fault if you bought the pass too soon and expected a VGA reveal when they didn’t say there was one.
I didn’t buy the pass though. I’ve bought them all individually.

I’m just talking about everyone that did buy the pass.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai outright said "don't buy the pass if you want to know its content", so it's not like consumers didn't know what they were signing up for.

Also, VGA backlash was completely unnecessary. Nobody promised a Smash reveal but a lot of people were still expecting one.

Your missing the point.

There is no denying that Sakurai said that. However, I’m not talking about the content inside the pass. All I’m hoping for is for them give a bit more of a heads up when they plan on revealing characters (Saying next reveal is E3 at the last February direct, ect). But that is just my opinion though.

And yes, the VGA backlash was silly and unwarranted, there is no denying that.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I hate this ***** so goddamn much solely because of those heels because jesus christ whoever designed those needs to be sacked
Solely? I see what you did there. But I agree; it's ridiculous. On the other hand... she's constantly floating, so it doesn't matter.

D

Deleted member

Yall care about when a direct happens to much, do do something else in your life. I direct will happen when it happens
b-but pumpka, what else do i have to live for besides the slight possibility of some polygons being added to my favorite video game

P.Kat

Smash Champion
You know what? Everybody wants Tekken (and/or Soul Calibur) and I imagine that happening eventually, but Dead or Alive would also be super cool. Tekken (and or SoulCal) vs. DoA is a dream of mine. I expect Ryu Hayabusa eventually repping Ninja Gaiden, so it would be cool if we also got a character like Ayane or Kasumi to rep DoA. So, I'm going to talk about what the series has to bring.

First, the stage potential. Dead or Alive's stages have these crazy interactive environments that would translate well to Smash. There's things like traps, explosive and electric barriers, dinosaurs, Krakkens, etc. There's breakable structures and cinematic stage transitions. Even the simpler levels have gorgeous backgrounds like THIS.

Next, the gameplay. The series is filled with a bunch of ninjas, so the main characters are all a bunch of flashy, jumpy, teleporty, lighting-fast bruisers, which is lowkey refreshing. A lot of characters (especially Ayane) fight backwards, so there are instances where you intentionally have to face away from your opponent to do cool stuff. These multi-directional attacks set them apart from a lot of fighting games: in-universe, turning away from your opponent is a viable strategy. It'd translate well into Smash. Throws are also important, so I can imagine a DoA character bringing something like a unique dashing grab.

Finally, the music is surprisingly good and varied. I set this as the training mode theme. It's a chill workout song.

Unfortunately, I can't find the other song I want to post on Youtube. Most of the videos are removed or nobody bothered to upload them. The entire OST is still up for some reason though, so I'll post that I guess. I wanted to post Orientronic (so I'll skip to that), but I also like "with the Goddess" and "Abandoned".

That's just one game, but there are quite a few catchy character themes, too.

I'd rather not talk about it, but someone is probably going to bring up CERO, so I might as well address the fact that Dead or Alive did a bit of rebranding. Despite some backlash (mostly from whiny sexists), DoA is toned down quite a bit. The characters' default outfits show a heck of a lot less skin (shirtless dudes aside).

Overall, I just think it would be neat. The gameplay is fantastic, it's way different from other 3D fighters, etc. It would be nice if Smash brought attention to it because it's a solid fighter that should be taken more seriously.
I would love having Kasumi in Smash. Gotta get around to playing DOA6, but from what I played with other DOA games, she and Ryu and Ayane, are my favorite characters.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
You know what? Everybody wants Tekken (and/or Soul Calibur) and I imagine that happening eventually, but Dead or Alive would also be super cool.
I've never been super invested in Dead or Alive, but I did enjoy what I've played of it more than most 3D fighters I've tried.

If it came down to adding another big fighting series and SamSho was off the table, I could definitely get behind DoA (particularly over Tekken).

Partial to Helena or Leifang, but I suppose Kasumi is the best option...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Question, why are people already begging for Kasumi in Smash, even though Royal hasn’t even released in the West yet?

Is it because of the Jane datamine awhile back and nothing else?
kasumemes are an ideology and at this point we're in too deep to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom