• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
If we the pattern of "Nindies presentations are usually followed by a general Directs three/four weeks after they're aired" then I think the earliest we can expect a Direct is the second week of January. I just don't see Nintendo doing anything during the holidays, so i think they'll wait after the 6th , and I know Japan probably doesn't care about that, , I just keeping my expectation in check (though maybe i should place my bet on February at that point).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If we the pattern of "Nindies presentations are usually followed by a general Directs three/four weeks after they're aired" then I think the earliest we can expect a Direct is the second week of January. I just don't see Nintendo doing anything during the holidays, so i think they'll wait after the 6th , and I know Japan probably doesn't care about that, , I just keeping my expectation in check (though maybe i should place my bet on February at that point).
probably a january mini-direct like last year for already-revealed games with a possible release date or release period

like idk, "zelda 2 this fall" or something

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
honestly at this point i totally wouldn't mind it if someone datamined the next character. just get it over with already.
after :ulthero: they learned their mistake and as far as i've seen no one's found any useful information from datamining

and even then he was drastically changed, the dude was gonna be ness sized when we first found it IIRC

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone.

Didn't wake up to some news. Expected, yet tiresome nonetheless.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Remember when Smash was announcedand everyone had this "uwu it's okay Sakurai plz take your time" mentality

I wonder what happened
Smash was announced with every single character ever in the series confirmed to return, a newcomer from one of Nintendo's biggest new IP, one of the most popular requests ever, and the announcement of Echo Fighters. Pretty sure that's enough info to last for a while. I love Terry, but a lesson of SNK history and a playthrough of classic mode doesn't exactly whet the appetite as much.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm inclined to believe that FP5 is going to be surprised dropped after January's Nintendo Direct and in turn the newcomer video after the direct if the amiibo theory is still true. Which I believe will be the 1st or 2nd week of January. Major Patches come out every 2 months on average.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What confuses me is why people are so impatient for FP5.

Y'all could just...I dunno, play Smash while you wait? I mean, the game's just sittin' there, you'd think people who are this into figuring out who the next character is would equally be just as into actually playing Smash.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
What confuses me is why people are so impatient for FP5.

Y'all could just...I dunno, play Smash while you wait? I mean, the game's just sittin' there, you'd think people who are this into figuring out who the next character is would equally be just as into actually playing Smash.
Regrettably, a lot of speculators do not enjoy Smash as much as Smash speculation itself. (See: Brawl before it released vs. Brawl after it released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom