• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Only 24 hours left so I'm outta here until after the show. Have two finals between now and then so it'll be on in no time.
However, I do have one final message for you:
change da world. goodbye

Shroob

Sup?
You're assuming that everyone who plays Smash gives a damn about springing $25 for 5 unknown characters when they already have like 80.

Just like you said, the hardcore fans care about the roster. The rest just buy the game, play it, and move on. They aren't waiting for extra content to release. Games as a service don't depend on the silent majority buying everything they put out, they depend on a minority of whales buying everything they put out.

If Smash Ultimate had such a high attachment rate for DLC, you would have heard about it.
Except I have heard about it.

https://www.destructoid.com/nintend...e-fighter-s-pass-as-a-huge-boost-572201.phtml

The Fighter's Pass was a huge success, meaning that both hardcores and casuals alike threw down 25$ on unknown content, meaning they either:

A: Didn't care what came next and just wanted more

or

B: Didn't listen to Sakurai warn to only buy if confident and are now feeling buyer's remorse.

Announcing a HUGE character at this point will do nothing but be a blip on sales since the majority of people who wanted the fighter's pass, already bought it. The only way to have another MASSIVE boost is to announce the 2nd pass.

D

Deleted member

Announcing a HUGE character at this point will do nothing but be a blip on sales since the majority of people who wanted the fighter's pass, already bought it. The only way to have another MASSIVE boost is to announce the 2nd pass.
That's a better marketing decision to be honest with you.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
My reasoning for buying the fighter's pass was that even if no character I wanted was on it, the more successful the pass performed, the more likely there was to be a second pass, and thus my character would have more chances to make it in.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Be crazy to see any of the following:

Master Chief OR Doom Slayer

Crash OR Steve

Sora OR Lara Croft

Rayman OR Shantae upgraded

These are the best of the best that haven't been added yet IMO. So, seeing any one of them would put me in an ecstatic coma if there ever was such a thing..

D

Deleted member

I'm still gonna bet on him. Going all out!

Though a female rep would be nice.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

My reasoning for buying the fighter's pass was that even if no character I wanted was on it, the more successful the pass performed, the more likely there was to be a second pass, and thus my character would have more chances to make it in.
I haven't bought the pass (though I'm still planning to main Joker and Terry), but if it had...you know, I woukd be pleased.

D

Deleted member

I just bought the Fighters Pass because more content. Even if I didn't care about any of the newcomers, Ultimate's unique base game newcomers kind of lacked in quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still not sold, at all that it's KOS-MOS.

But at the same time, Sabi seems to be contradicting themselves, though it has nothing to do with KOS-MOS.

They claimed that Verg's original deconfirm list had the fighter, yet now they're acting like they have no idea who it is.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I just bought the Fighters Pass because more content. Even if I didn't care about any of the newcomers, Ultimate's unique base game newcomers kind of lacked in quantity.
Even without the Grinch leak, Inciniroar and Ken being the last reveals was just disappointing.

D

Deleted member

But at the same time, Sabi seems to be contradicting themselves, though it has nothing to do with KOS-MOS.

They claimed that Verg's original deconfirm list had the fighter, yet now they're acting like they have no idea who it is.
Which is why FP5 can literally be anyone at this point.

Shroob

Sup?
Even without the Grinch leak, Inciniroar and Ken being the last reveals was just disappointing.
Why save the best for last for Base game?

Putting Ridley and K.Rool up front and center made it so presales probably skyrocketed.

Sure, if it were up to me I would have paced it like:

Ridley > Incin > Rool, but showing your best cards early and saving your weakest for last makes sense if you want as many pre-orders as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why save the best for last for Base game?

Putting Ridley and K.Rool up front and center made it so presales probably skyrocketed.

Sure, if it were up to me I would have paced it like:

Ridley > Incin > Rool, but showing your beast cards early and saving your weakest for last makes sense if you want as many pre-orders as possible.
Plus it's under the stigma that Smash reveals never ended on high notes.

SkullKidWept

Smash Rookie
Based on everything we've seen (and everything Vergeben has said) I think #5 will be either:

1) Master Chief
2) Minecraft Steve
3) Lara Croft
4) New Pokemon
5) Frogger
6) Waluigi

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'm very happy that none of us have any idea who CP5 could be. If it stays that way until tomorrow, if they do reveal a new Smash character I mean, then Joker won't be our last surprise after all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
2B would be a "history repeats" ending to FP5. Smash 4 ended with Bayonetta, a female fighter who's game was developed by Platinum. Same with 2B.
Hmm... Platinum was started by the same people who were in Clover, right?

Amaterasu from Ōkami for Smash! Hey, she is female! :awesome:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
*cough* BAYONETTA *cough*

tomorrow nights reveal is going to be the biggest smash addition yet. I can feel it in my plums
Bayonetta won the ballot, but to say that she was big with the hardcore Smash fanbase, which is us, is laughable.

I don't remember a single online poll that even had her place in the top 20.

The silent casual majority won it for her.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, KOS-MOS is a HUGE deal in Japan. She’s got like tons of merch of her, and several other crossover games she’s in that never made it outside Japan (like the Super Robot Wars games)
So her presence is big enough for Nintendo to consider.

Sabi simply asked the source if Vergeben made an incorrect deconfirmation. The source didn’t have to say the fighter’s name or company to say Vergeben made this mistake. As it turned out, Vergeben’s source thought Kosmos wasn’t a Namco character and said “idk” on her.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Bayonetta won the ballot, but to say that she was big with the hardcore Smash fanbase, which is us, is laughable.
yeah forgive me for believing Nintendo when they stated during Bayonetta’s announcement that she won the overall global popular vote

I have no faith in your sample pool or “facts” you create to try and support your annoying contrarian arguments that seem to pop up every time I post.

Shroob

Sup?
yeah forgive me for believing Nintendo when they stated during Bayonetta’s announcement that she won the overall global popular vote

I have no faith in your sample pool or “facts” you create to try and support your annoying contrarian arguments that seem to pop up every time I post.
I've responded to you once tho?

D

Deleted member

You guys have a discord profile?

because I was gonna make a voice chat server for Our the game awards Reactions who’s up for it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What if the code name Cosmos refers to flowers? Daisy is named after daisies.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

I remember a lot of people both in the casual and hardcore sides of speculation being incredibly happy with Bayonetta. I’d argue that the ballot was simply a wide-scale online poll anyway more aimed at the hardcore fanbase.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember a lot of people both in the casual and hardcore sides of speculation being incredibly happy with Bayonetta. I’d argue that the ballot was simply a wide-scale online poll anyway more aimed at the hardcore fanbase.
I'm not even saying she didn't win.

My point is that people on Smashboards/Reddit/4chan weren't the ones who won it for her. It was the people that don't get into speculation or talk Smash much. They saw the poll, voted, that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom