• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If nothing else, 24 hours out and we're still blind.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
hol up

is this literally the only reason people are touting her as a lock

because verge's source said "i dunno"?
That and because people believe either Namco or Capcom are still entitled to their character since they haven't gotten anything in Ultimate yet. KOS-MOS is conveniently attached to Namco, so people think it makes sense, even though she was hardly brought up whenever there was a discussion about possible Namco reps prior to Verge's comments.

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
hol up

is this literally the only reason people are touting her as a lock

because verge's source said "i dunno"?
To quote a certain individual:

Believe what you want but Verge's source got a not sure on KOS-MOS while every other namco character is dead and Sabi hasn't disconfirmed her yet. If either of those two know anything it should be now since TGA is in 2 days.

4chan leak took a blow but since he got the release date right it could still have some merit. On Thursday if there is no clock tower remaster or smt v then I will fully 100% admit the leak is fake.
Totally a lock!!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
My picks are
1: Miriam Bloodstained
2: Arle Nadja
3: Master Chief
4: Terra Branford
5: snom
Here's mine.
1: Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
2: Steve (Minecraft)
3: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
4: Poochy (Yoshi)
5: Octane (Rocket League)

D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS is a lock because Verge said so. Now bow to thy Lord before he smithens thee.

Shroob

Sup?
That and because people believe either Namco or Capcom are still entitled to their character since they haven't gotten anything in Ultimate yet. KOS-MOS is conveniently attached to Namco, so people think it makes sense, even though she was hardly brought whenever there was a discussion about possible Namco reps prior to Verge's comments.
To be honest, the KOS-MOS side of things has been hilariously flimsy.

I'd be cool with her but like

There's a massive difference between "She's in!" and "I don't know."

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
Why? Do they collect energy from the reaction of the crowd like Monsters Inc or something? Does it really matter if the crowd cheers a few dbs louder and a few moments longer?
they are trying to sell you ****. if the people who you are trying to sell something to react with confusion to your pitch, that's probably not a good sign. its why nintendo chose to reveal joker at last year's TGA, instead of hero or banjo. he had wide appeal to the non-nintendo crowd and helped bring in those people + he was familiar to the TGA crowd. but tbh i think the "not hype enough for TGA" argument is only applicable to like two or three characters. most of the frontrunners make perfect sense to reveal there.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai: "Three Houses got snubbed so I added all 4 Lords, **** you Geoff, you could have prevented this"

Shroob

Sup?
they are trying to sell you ****. if the people who you are trying to sell something to react with confusion to your pitch, that's probably not a good sign. its why nintendo chose to reveal joker at last year's TGA, instead of hero or banjo. he had wide appeal to the non-nintendo crowd and helped bring in those people + he was familiar to the TGA crowd. but tbh i think the "not hype enough for TGA" argument is only applicable to like two or three characters. most of the frontrunners make perfect sense to reveal there.
I mean, considering the Fighter's Pass has been out for over a year now, the bulk of people who were going to buy it already did.

At this point it's only going to be a blip on the radar in terms of sales.

If you want a HUGE sales boom, you start the 2nd wave.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

There's a massive difference between "She's in!" and "I don't know."
Maybe everyone’s all “I don’t know” cause Bamco’s leak assassins are not to be trifled with?

like you won’t just get fired, but also full on blacklisted?

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I’ve barely seen anybody say KOS-MOS is that likely, let alone a lock. It’s mostly just hesitant uncertainty, which also describes every post Sabi and Vergeben have made in the past week.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

There's a massive divide between "She's in!" and "I don't know."
A lot of people are quick to accept her because we're less than one day away from a possible reveal and we don't know any more than we did three months ago.

But no, there really isn't much substance to what Verge said. He never mentioned that he had reason to believe it was her. All he could say was that he wasn't sure if she was deconfirmed or not. That's nothing close to how he responded to questions about SE (Hero) and SNK (Terry).

D

Deleted member

The thing about the TGA leak being correct on Re:Mind's release date is;
  • It stated it was delayed to January when it was initially only given the timeframe of "This Winter" which doesn't really imply a delay on Square's part at all
  • Neglected to state the exact date of the 23rd even though it's shown in the trailer
  • Also neglected to state that it's only being released in January on PS4, while Xbox One is getting it in February
Seems like a lot to leave out for a "legit" leak

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
No need to mock KOS-MOS supporters when there's only one or two people acting like she's a lock.

I'm trying to be optimistic about her chances but even I'll admit that she doesn't have much going for her.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The thing about the TGA leak being correct on Re:Mind's release date is;
  • It stated it was delayed to January when it was initially only given the timeframe of "This Winter" which doesn't really imply a delay on Square's part at all
  • Neglected to state the exact date of the 23rd even though it's shown in the trailer
  • Also neglected to state that it's only being released in January on PS4, while Xbox one is getting it in February
Seems like a lot to leave out for a "legit" leak
In other words, it's fake and we should move on from it.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is gonna come on stage tomorrow and show off a cool KOS-MOS figure he recently bought. That’s it, no announcement.

Shroob

Sup?
Which is a possibility since dual reveals for DLC have been a thing since Hero.
That is definitely an option that I feel is being overlooked since it seems to a lot of people to be improbable.

I 'could' see a dual reveal of X character as FP5 and then another character as FP2-1, with a release date for the former and a TBD for the latter.

It depends on how hard Nintendo goes, we know that there's almost assuredly a ton of work done with FP2-1 already.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Grotesque Steve on its own is admittedly a bit funny imo, but since it's been used to troll and harass other characters' fans and Steve fans as well, it's really just had all the humor sucked out of it save for some facial expresions and seeing the real Steve and other characters beat it up.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
sakurai walks up on stage and reveals he is retiring from the human race

fighter 5 is cancelled

D

Deleted member

In other words, it's fake and we should move on from it.
We've thrown out other 4chan text leaks in the past for way less so Iunno why some people insist on sticking to this one when when it's being held together by fishing twine and scotch tape

Last edited by a moderator:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Grotesque Steve on its own is admittedly a bit funny imo, but since it's been used to troll and harass other characters' fans and Steve fans as well, it's really just had all the humor sucked out of it save for some facial expresions and seeing the real Steve and other characters beat it up.
Grotesque Steve arc was the best speculation arc in Smash.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Sources are being quiet because FP5's code-name is "COSMO" and they can't discount KOS-MOS based on that.

It's actually Nebby.

Sakurai is gonna come on stage tomorrow and show off a cool KOS-MOS figure he recently bought. That’s it, no announcement.
He'll take a page from Yoshida's playbook and come out in cosplay.

"Is this what you all wanted?"

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
If you believe the leakers, then KOS-MOS does have a decent shot with many of the supposed "front-runners" disconfirmed.

Shroob

Sup?
The main reason why I've never given any credence to the "If the character's not hype at TGAs, it's a failure!"

Is because the Pass is over a year old now. If you wanted the pass, you bought it, and if you held off, you're probably in a 1% minority of people who haven't.

Nintendo considered the Fighter's Pass a "Huge financial success", meaning that I'd wager a ton of people bought it already. If they revealed someone 'unhype', then... does that matter? You already have the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom