• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polan

Smash Lord
if the last character for the pass was a nobody, i feel like nintendo would have revealed them already in a smash direct or an individual drop. no one is forcing them to reveal the character at the game awards and honestly we'd be better off if they did that. but if they are revealing #5 at TGA, then they must at least be confident that its someone that will interest the crowd there. either that or dual reveal.

D

Deleted member

if the last character for the pass was a nobody, i feel like nintendo would have revealed them already in a smash direct or an individual drop. no one is forcing them to reveal the character at the game awards and honestly we'd be better off if they did that. but if they are revealing #5 at TGA, then they must at least be confident that its someone that will interest the crowd there. either that or dual reveal.
Mostly betting on the dual reveal, since that worked for them before.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I'm gonna miss the VGAs thanks to timezones. Hopefully I can have a friend send me the full thing when its done.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Why? Do they collect energy from the reaction of the crowd like Monsters Inc or something? Does it really matter if the crowd cheers a few dbs louder and a few moments longer?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Inactive brain: Doom Marine Mii costume in Smash
Active brain: Doom Marine in Smash
Big brain energy: Another Bethesda rep in Smash
Galaxy brain: The entirety of Skyrim in Smash
Universe brain: The above plus Todd Howard in Smash

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for someone to make a "Goodnight" comment, so I can post this:

Sooooon. Oh, gosh... I'm not ready. This is all happening so fast. The hype. The hyyyyype! I don't care who it is or what we get. I just need answers, and we might finally get some. The fact that there'll be sweet announcements sprinkled on the side is a nice bonus, to say the least. I wonder what new IPs they'll unveil. Last year, Sayonara Wild Hearts was one of the games that caught my attention.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Why? Do they collect energy from the reaction of the crowd like Monsters Inc or something? Does it really matter if the crowd cheers a few dbs louder and a few moments longer?
I’m not sure I necessarily agree, but the mental image of a ton of scream canisters backstage being constantly monitored by Geoff killed me.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Inactive brain: Doom Marine Mii costume in Smash
Active brain: Doom Marine in Smash
Big brain energy: Another Bethesda rep in Smash
Galaxy brain: The entirety of Skyrim in Smash
Universe brain: The above plus Todd Howard in Smash
Blink twice if Todd is holding you hostage and forcing you to say this and buy Skyrim.

D

Deleted member

Yep, that's mainly why I'm predicting KOS-MOS. I'm setting myself up for disappointment so if something better happens then I will be all the more joyed.
I know she won't please anyone, but hey, you've got Season 2 to look forward to.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Imagine if the moment they reveal the character it goes live on the eshop.

My god, this is one hell of a mental image.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
My picks are
1: Miriam Bloodstained
2: Arle Nadja
3: Master Chief
4: Terra Branford
5: snom
1: Lloyd Irving
2: Geno
3: Spring Man
4: Kumatora
5: Bubsy

mfw for the "make a friend happy" category I had to try to get something out of my brother who doesn't really care since I have no friends...

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
My picks are
1.- Heihachi Mishima
2.- Ryu Hayabusa
3.- Sora
4.- Sephiroth
5.- Eiscue

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
My picks are

1. Lloyd Irving
2. Isaac
3. Dante
4. Elma
5. Frogger

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm still gonna stick with my guns and say the character isn't KOS-MOS.

If people questioned Verge's deconfirmations, then I don't see why his source being unsure about KOS-MOS should be any different. As far as I know, that's the only thing leading people to suspect her.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
his source being unsure about KOS-MOS should be any different. As far as I know, that's the only thing leading people to suspect her.
hol up

is this literally the only reason people are touting her as a lock

because verge's source said "i dunno"?

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I'm in this weird spot where I don't think it's KOS-MOS, but if I were forced to make a guess it would be her. The Vergeben posts are probably a simple case of his source not having asked about her specifically.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Did VR Plant say Terry before he was officially revealed or not?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
My picks are
Late to the party, but here's my list

1) Character you want
Adeleine & Ribbon (Kirby)

2) Fan pick you're unfamiliar with
Dante (Devil May Cry)

3) To please a friend
Sans (Undertale)

4) Underrepresented series
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

5) Joke character
Error (Zelda)

D

Deleted member

hol up

More or less
There's also 4chan leak that got the release date for KH3's DLC "right" but depending on who you ask that **** died as soon as the trailer showed up at State of Play instead of TGA

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
hol up

Kinda sorta yeah.

It's bizarre.

Even if Sabi's incorrect, Sabi said that the character is from Verg's original deconfirmation list, which lacked both Bamco and Monolith.

I've been kinda just going with the flow of the thread but there's ample evidence that suggests KOS-MOS is not it if you take into consideration what's going on with these 2.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm still sure KOS-MOS is being used as a cover up for the real FP5. Since it still seems that revealing the character is risky.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Totally legit leaker here:

FP 5 is actually Commander Sheperd.

shepard.jpg

Enjoy.

BTW Geno, Sora, Lloyd, KOS-MOS, Reimu, Master Chief, Doomguy, Edelgard, Byleth, Dmitri, Claude, Crono, 2B, Kat, Kratos, Ratchet, are all mee costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom