• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It does mean something because daisy is out of place in the picture. If it wasn’t so centered on dlc, it wouldn’t be weird for her to be in it.
You could say that about any character. If Link was in the picture, he'd be out of place. If Sonic was in the picture, he'd be out of place. If Bayonetta was in the picture, she'd be out of place.

In fact, I'd argue that Daisy is one of the few characters who WOULDN'T be out of place in this picture, considering the man front and center in the shot is Mario. complete with Piranha Plant standing right next to him. Three Mario characters standing side-by-side.

D

Deleted member

If you dare try and suggest again that the anniversary pic that had all the DLC characters + Daisy in it means anything I'm coming to your house and taking your Switch
You know while some use daisy in reference to flowers here’s what I Personaly use daisy in reference to
30747D87-D587-45DC-96BA-A51AB40DF80D.jpeg

I made this a year ago so don’t ask why

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Huh?

(read full Twitter thread from Jon)

Make of this as you will. I still think KOS-MOS is very likely being revealed tomorrow and this is Jon's way of working around this.
It's always funny to me that when :ulthero: says something that :ultbanjokazooie: doesn't like, :ultbanjokazooie:'s response is some buzzword like "RENT FREE", "Hoes mad", "Are you okay?" (or some other :ult_terry: quote) or "Yikes!". Also DQ emojis when?

Last edited:

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
  1. Marisa Kirisame (huge surprise!)
  2. KOS-MOS
  3. Hatsune Miku
  4. Ark (Terranigma)
  5. Sponge, the lost Brother

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Huh?

Make of this as you will. I still think KOS-MOS is very likely being revealed tomorrow and this is Jon's way of working around this.
IMO, it seems pretty black and white that Jon doesn't think KOS-MOS is the final DLC character. If he really wanted to avoid the Nintendo ninjas, he could've just left the sleeping bear lie, as he seems to do once people catch on he's hinting to something. Treating his words that basically say "I don't think KOS-MOS is being revealed tomorrow" as having the opposite meaning seems kinda odd when that's not really his style and there would be so many better ways to hint at KOS-MOS.

Hell, later in the thread he's joking with someone about this all being an elaborate 5-D chess hint towards KOS-MOS. It really does seem like a cigar is just a cigar in this case.

D

Deleted member

You know. Jon’s recent post reminds me of the whole aundrey situation back during the banjo vs steve wars :p

D

Deleted member

IMO, it seems pretty black and white that Jon doesn't think KOS-MOS is the final DLC character. If he really wanted to avoid the Nintendo ninjas, he could've just left the sleeping bear lie, as he seems to do once people catch on he's hinting to something. Treating his words that basically say "I don't think KOS-MOS is being revealed tomorrow" as having the opposite meaning seems kinda odd when that's not really his style and there would be so many better ways to hint at KOS-MOS.

Hell, later in the thread he's joking with someone about this all being an elaborate 5-D chess hint towards KOS-MOS. It really does seem like a cigar is just a cigar in this case.
Every leaker has played too much mindgames on us our brains are all but solid.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
You could say that about any character. If Link was in the picture, he'd be out of place. If Sonic was in the picture, he'd be out of place. If Bayonetta was in the picture, she'd be out of place.

In fact, I'd argue that Daisy is one of the few characters who WOULDN'T be out of place in this picture, considering the man front and center in the shot is Mario. complete with Piranha Plant standing right next to him. Three Mario characters standing side-by-side.
Honestly if Luigi were in Daisy's place, we'd have 500 theories about how the 5th character could be a companion/sidekick or what not

D

Deleted member

Jon: "I'm not an insider and I don't want to be seen as one, and I wouldn't post hints on my Twitter anyway"
SmashBoards:
1576117868463.png

KillerCage

Smash Master
Good luck with finals. Trust me, it ain't easy.

I too don't know. But they're really turning this into a grave situation.
Thanks.
See you guys later!

Oh! If either Master Chief or Doom Slayer is shown off tomorrow, I'm changing my icon to them.
Quote me on this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
When, and how, did this Jon fellow supposedly leak KOS-MOS?
It's pretty complicated actually. I guess it's more of a case of things adding up VS him outright leaking the character.

GX uploaded that Spirit/AT/Mii Costume promotion video last month and it seemed to hint at a 1st/2nd party character. Now with Verge deconfirming Bandai Namco but not KOS-MOS seems to indicate that the character is belonging to both Monolith & Bandai Namco which may have caused the confusion (the legal situation is tricky so please forgive me).

I think GX doing that video and then having KOS-MOS as a prediction next to Pyra & Mythra was a clever way to get that bit in to make it look more like a guess while also exploring the idea of promotions in the future. GX seems to think Geno might have a chance in the future as well.

Couple that in with the missing Mii Costumes for Bandai-Namco and things add up really. Unless all the Bandai-Namco Mii Costumes were held off for post-pass or unrelated to CP5.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Well I really apologize if what i'm saying comes across as conspiracy-ish but things add up a little too well IMO.

I personally hope i'm wrong about this. I want tomorrow to be a surprise.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220

To add to this, both Piranha Plant and Daisy are the only new Mario newcomers this game. So the picture is simply Mario with all the Mario newcomers and all the current DLC characters. Seems simple enough.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
This design? This would work.
Her OG design? I don't think that would fly.
Sakurai could Mai's less suggestive dresses, but he didn't.
I think he would have used KOS-MOS' original design if she was in.
Yeah, the 3 most likely designs for KOS-MOS (altered versions of them to appease CERO) would be the V1 version (the OG version), the V4 version (the one most often in crossovers), or the Re version (the Xenoblade 2 look)

Always nice to know that whatever drama goes on here, we're still better than them.

Is it really news when GameFAQs users act like fools? That's like saying grass is green, the sky is blue, and Cleveland is cursed

Huh?

We should at least wait for the actual reveal. If it was earlier, I could sleep through it and get the news when I wake up, but I am not taking a middle of the day nap just to wake up at night again, I just fixed my sleep schedule

The code name was a joke or a real thing. Giving Kosmos it would make people too unsure and go “it must not be her”. I don’t think the code name is relevant right now because we don’t know anything about it. Kosmos’s name is definitely more relevant to the flower connection than an unknown code name.
Besides, would they really make the code name that obvious? No, they would make them somewhat clever (Jack and Joker are cards, Brave in Japanese can also mean Hero, Buddy sums up Banjo & Kazooie, and a train Dolly is usually where Terry's home stage takes place)

I half expect fighter 5 to be a leak that we've all overlooked
Welp, guess we better start digging once the fighter gets revealed

Ok how can we discuss how Jon isn't a leaker for several pages and people still go "haha....unless?"
We're ****ing stupid

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
THE FINAL FIGHTER LEAKED GUYS HOLY **** YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT
image0.png

THEY EVEN GOT THE TRAILER TOO

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
To add to this, both Piranha Plant and Daisy are the only new Mario newcomers this game. So the picture is simply Mario with all the Mario newcomers and all the current DLC characters. Seems simple enough.
peace sign theory tho

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Mario is basically the face of Nintendo. Making it go full-on Mario (as in the franchise) in the middle, clashes it with the third-party dlc that’s around it.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
With the exception of Box Theory (even then, that only proved there would be two characters left, not who they would be), has there ever been any theory which actually worked out and predicted something?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wonder if they are going to attempt another surprise announcement like that cool "hacking" animation with Joker or they are gonna say outright. "Hey...Smash reveal!"

Shroob

Sup?
Has no one just considered

Daisy is a flower, which is a plant

And she's adjacent to Mario, who's adjacent to Piranha Plant, that's also a plant?

Remind me why this is a deep state conspiracy again

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they are going to attempt another surprise announcement like that cool "hacking" animation with Joker or they are gonna say outright. "Hey...Smash reveal!"
Seeing as a lot of the games have already had pseudo-surprise reveals anyway like MK11, I have a feeling they’d prioritize the surprise factor yet again. After all, it was the most memorable part of the show last year, so why not try it again?

Last edited:

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
Pod 042 Hacking the stage and shooting the game awards credits at the end of the show into 2B/A2 reveal. You heard it here first... (god that would make me moist.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know putting link there wouldn’t be out of place cuz he’s like front & center in the box art and a big artwork for the banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom