• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
My picks are
1: Miriam Bloodstained
2: Arle Nadja
3: Master Chief
4: Terra Branford
5: snom
1. Amaterasu
2. Geno
3. Sora
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Vicky

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even saying she didn't win.

My point is that people on Smashboards/Reddit/4chan weren't the ones who won it for her. It was the people that don't get into speculation or talk Smash much. They saw the poll, voted, that was it.
DAEEA445-FBBF-48C3-B7F4-73141761BB0F.png

Here’s a poll conducted by PushDustin after Mewtwo’s announcement that shows Bayonetta in high standings alongside the other “hardcore” picks. She was a highly talked about figure in Smash 4 DLC speculation that was written off by many for being too risqué.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
well, we've hit the 24 hour mark

Assuming we've made it this far, I sure hope if somebody like verge or sabi does find out who fighter 5 is within this time, that they just keep it to themselves

Please, I want to relive that magic feeling of shock Joker brought.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well, we've hit the 24 hour mark

Assuming we've made it this far, I sure hope if somebody like verge or sabi does find out who fighter 5 is within this time, that they just keep it to themselves

Please, I want to relive that magic feeling Joker brought.
No wonder they're staying too low-profile about KOS-MOS. They didn't do this to any other character.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 252293
Here’s a poll conducted by PushDustin after Mewtwo’s announcement that shows Bayonetta in high standings alongside the other “hardcore” picks. She was a highly talked about figure in Smash 4 DLC speculation that was written off by many for being too risqué.
Exactly my point.

A twitter poll.

Us people who hardcore speculate are so damn minor, but the casuals are the majority. This more or less backs up my point that Bayonetta 100% won off the casual vote.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Huh?

(read full Twitter thread from Jon)

Make of this as you will. I still think KOS-MOS is very likely being revealed tomorrow and this is Jon's way of working around this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And the information turned out that cosmos and daisies are same kind of flower. That connection is actually very specific.
If you dare try and suggest again that the anniversary pic that had all the DLC characters + Daisy in it means anything I'm coming to your house and taking your Switch

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
And the information turned out that cosmos and daisies are same kind of flower. That connection is actually very specific.
You don't even know if the person who said their code name was Cosmos was being sarcastic or not.

It'd be a hell of a revelation for a random Smashboard user who's never leaked anything before to just suddenly drop info that NO ONE else online has.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I'm not even saying she didn't win.

My point is that people on Smashboards/Reddit/4chan weren't the ones who won it for her. It was the people that don't get into speculation or talk Smash much. They saw the poll, voted, that was it.
so by that logic then Nintendo would end (w the mindset that there was going to be one pass) their DLC lineup by going with an overall crowd pleaser...

which I have been stating...

which you have argued against...

dope.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If you dare try and suggest that the anniversary pic that had all the DLC characters + Daisy in it means anything I'm coming to your house and taking your Switch
It does mean something because daisy is out of place in the picture. If it wasn’t so centered on dlc, it wouldn’t be weird for her to be in it.

D

Deleted member

so by that logic then Nintendo would end (w the mindset that there was going to be one pass) their DLC lineup by going with an overall crowd pleaser...

dope.
I'm more on the Season 2 starter, to be honest.

Shroob

Sup?
User was warned for this post

dope.
I mean you're the one who kinda flew off the handle and assumed **** like an ass so :drshrug:

I wasn't arguing with you. When I said "Casuals won Bayonetta" that wasn't some conspiracy theory about how she didn't win, it's literally that people outside the Smash bubble got her in.

D

Deleted member

It does mean something because daisy is out of place in the picture. If it wasn’t so centered on dlc, it wouldn’t be weird for her to be in it.
I'm gonna just quote myself here;
Alright everyone pop quiz; how many times has Nintendo/Sakurai hinted at an unrevealed newcomer in the past?
Actually y'know what I'll answer it for you.
The answer is zero
BECAUSE THEY NEVER ****ING HAVE

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Is Dante fair game for FP5 or is Capcom supposedly still out of the running?
In theory he's ultra deconfirmed. I know he's not FP5 but we're so close to The Game Awards that I think I'll embrace the hype for once in my life:

DANTE IS FP5 HAVE YOU HEARD ME SORRY GUYS FOR SPOILING IT

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No wonder every leaker is scared right now to bring up her name.
Jon wasn't scared to being her up (see his thread) but he was saying stuff like "Rex & Pyra are prob more likely anyways" and "i'm hoping against my prediction" to distance himself as much as he can from that. It does come across as sus especially with Sabi dancing around the question and Verge not really commenting much.

I'm expecting to see KOS-MOS tomorrow but you never know. Personally, i'm hoping for a surprise.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
You don't even know if the person who said their code name was Cosmos was being sarcastic or not.

It'd be a hell of a revelation for a random Smashboard user who's never leaked anything before to just suddenly drop info that NO ONE else online has.
The code name was a joke or a real thing. Giving Kosmos it would make people too unsure and go “it must not be her”. I don’t think the code name is relevant right now because we don’t know anything about it. Kosmos’s name is definitely more relevant to the flower connection than an unknown code name.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The code name was a joke or a real thing. Giving Kosmos it would make people too unsure and go “it must not be her”. I don’t think the code name is relevant right now because we don’t know anything about it. Kosmos’s name is definitely more relevant to the flower connection than an unknown code name.
Except you're literally trying to use the "Cosmos" post as relevant info, when it was almost 100% sarcasm.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Exactly my point.

A twitter poll.

Us people who hardcore speculate are so damn minor, but the casuals are the majority. This more or less backs up my point that Bayonetta 100% won off the casual vote.
I’m sorry, but I’m not sure the casual fanbase is going to actively pursue answering a Twitter poll that has no actual stakes especially when it was created only after Mewtwo was released. If you know about PushDustin, chances are you’re already roped into speculation. Like I said before, she was actively talked about during hardcore Smash 4 speculation, but was simply ignored by many because they thought she was too risqué and would never happen.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m sorry, but I’m not sure the casual fanbase is going to actively pursue answering a Twitter poll that has no actual stakes especially when it was created only after Mewtwo was released. If you know about PushDustin, chances are you’re already roped into speculation. Like I said before, she was actively talked about during hardcore Smash 4 speculation, but was simply ignored by many because they thought she was too risqué and would never happen.
That was literally a Twitter poll. The @ PushDustIn along with the link means he held it on Twitter. I'd know, I voted in it.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Jon isn't leaking anything. You guys should read up on Occam's Razor before coming up with these convoluted theories where he's playing 4D underwater Chinese checkers.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I have to go bed soon.
My final exam is early in the morning tomorrow.
I might be seeing a movie in the afternoon, BUT I should be able to watch TGA live.

D

Deleted member

Jon isn't leaking anything. You guys should read up on Occam's Razor before coming up with these convoluted theories where he's playing 4D underwater Chinese checkers.
Smash community making big deals and frustrations out of small things; some are guilty of this, including me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
My picks are
1: Miriam Bloodstained
2: Arle Nadja
3: Master Chief
4: Terra Branford
5: snom
1. Meowth & Team Rocket
2. Waluigi
3. Terra Branford
4. Overalls Wario as a separate character (moveset involves Wario Land transformations)
5. Cucco from Zelda series

D

Deleted member

I have to go bed soon.
My final exam is early in the morning tomorrow.
I might be seeing a movie in the afternoon, BUT I should be able to watch TGA live.
Good luck with finals. Trust me, it ain't easy.

Ok how can we discuss how Jon isn't a leaker for several pages and people still go "haha....unless?"
I too don't know. But they're really turning this into a grave situation.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
So Sabi seems done until TGA.

I'm pretty sure Jon is just trolling and if he does know who FP5 is he probably hasn't even mentioned them or very lightly touched upon them at some point. If Jon does know that FP5 is KOS-MOS then he's a massive idiot because the people calling him out for being a leaker are going to get revved up to 11 which seems to be the opposite of what he wants.

The 4chan Clock Tower TGA leak is on VERY shaky ground right now. I'm pretty sure most of us have written it off.

Pretty sure VR Plant is dead and we won't be hearing from him any time soon.

So I guess it's all on Verge to have the final say before tomorrow if there's anything left to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom