• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Well, time to have some fun.

With all due respect, sir, there have been evidence recently floating around about several Discord users apparently claiming they made the fake leak. What do you have in this case, your honor?
4EAB5E1A-470B-42BB-A6A3-A22F13C2FA1D.gif

“Because, your honor, these claims made by the Discord users have little to NO evidence of working gameplay, and the devils in the details, and those models are VERY different!”

D

Deleted member

One thing I noticed about Verge going back on his original Thanos snap post is that he originally mentioned no Marvelous, and then took it back implying Marvelous is not deconfirmed, but didn't mention any specific characters talked about from Marvelous that were deconfirmed.

This seems to poke a hole in his point about a miscommunication regarding characters vs companies being deconfirmed, because if that was the case why wouldn't the deconfirmed Marvelous character be included in his followup list? Seems like an oversight. I guess it's possible he forgot to include them, but it seems more likely to be a mistake in his backtracking tbh.
That...seemed actually confusing. Was Marvelous left out due to accident, or was Marvelous REALLY left out intentionally.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Saber would be boring.

She'd make sense, but as someone familiar from her source material, gameplay wise she'd basically just be Marth/Ike, with some Cloud Side and Neutral B mixed in.
Solution

Some gimmicky down B that ties into the lore of her series.
Maybe Down B can have Shirou in the background use a command seal to kick the enemy's ass or something.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Imo As much as this little ****show is starting to get annoying and even I'm starting to be dubious. I know some deconfirmation are straight up reals, more importantly the Ryu Hayabusa/Crash and DoomGuy/Geno ones. Probably because it's the one where multiple people who doesn't know each others agreed that it's BS/not related to FP5.

Shroob

Sup?
Solution

Some gimmicky down B that ties into the lore of her series.
Maybe Down B can have Shirou in the background use a command seal to kick the enemy's ass or something.
If Shirou can't get into FGO, no chance in hell he can get into Smash

/s

D

Deleted member

View attachment 251180
“Because, your honor, these claims made by the Discord users have little to NO evidence of working gameplay, and the devils in the details, and those models are VERY different!”
Well, let's see what they have to say, shall we?

Miss Velvet, it took us a long time, yet we cannot track them down.

Sigh...stupid VENOM squad.

Anyway, is there any evidence you may present?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
One thing I noticed about Verge going back on his original Thanos snap post is that he originally mentioned no Marvelous, and then took it back implying Marvelous is not deconfirmed, but didn't mention any specific characters talked about from Marvelous that were deconfirmed.

This seems to poke a hole in his point about a miscommunication regarding characters vs companies being deconfirmed, because if that was the case why wouldn't the deconfirmed Marvelous character be included in his followup list? Seems like an oversight. I guess it's possible he forgot to include them, but it seems more likely to be a mistake in his backtracking tbh.
Because he didn't ask about a specific Marvelous character. That's why they are "back" in the running. Verge originally took his whole list as being deconfirmed when it was only the characters he used as examples.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Well, let's see what they have to say, shall we?

Miss Velvet, it took us a long time, yet we cannot track them down.

Sigh...stupid VENOM squad.

Anyway, is there any evidence you may present?
“Actually yes, Miss Velvet, I do!”
“Imagine your an insider, and you get told who the final dlc character is, and then a leak comes in with major evidence pointing to that character you got told, would you publicly say that the leak was real? Of course not, don’t you find it suspicious how right after the leak Sabi and Vergeben started playing this guess who game? Maybe it was to distract the audience from the REAL culprit!”

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I will never forgive Ash GameXplain for saying her name as Ama-Terus-U
Yeah I'm pretty sure he committed a crime. That, and the fact they didn't put her in the top 10 in their Top 100 Women Who Should Be in Smash video.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Because he didn't ask about a specific Marvelous character. That's why they are "back" in the running. Verge originally took his whole list as being deconfirmed when it was only the characters he used as examples.
Oh hmm, I guess I took that to mean all the companies had example characters to go with them, not just some of them. If they didn't all have characters listed with them though, I kind of struggle to understand how the miscommunication would have come about though.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Oh hmm, I guess I took that to mean all the companies had example characters to go with them, not just some of them. If they didn't all have characters listed with them though, I kind of struggle to understand how the miscommunication would have come about though.
Every company was listed as "X company characters" and not just "X Comapny". Verge was told none of the characters were FP5. It was a miscommunication.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Did Vergeben walk back his Nintendo/Spirits/Assist Trophy comments? They weren't on his disconfirmation list. But also didn't have specific character examples.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Every company was listed as "X company characters" and not just "X Comapny". Verge was told none of the characters were FP5. It was a miscommunication.
that just brings me back to my original point. Either way tho this seems sus to me.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
To add onto this, also not a fan of the personality cult that some of these figures generate. It’s like everyone has to subscribe to one of them in order to have a voice in Smash discussion. Those who are unsure or skeptical are usually either ignored, attacked, or laughed at. Like either they are an idiot for not knowing the common trend of Smash leaks or being “uncultured” to not following leaks. It’s silly.
It pisses me off the most, since it doesn’t look into jack **** about how Nintendo’s practices or plans. It’s always about some ****ing insider saying, “this character is in smash.” They don’t give us jack about decisions that are made or why they are made. Instead, we usually put in the work for that, not them.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
When Vergeben started this whole deconfirming stuff, let's assume he was just throwing certain character names to his source like he was doing recently as he said. If he got the words from them, he posted that out in the public. He asked for Hayabusa then he got deconfirmation so he decided to say no Hayabusa rather than saying no Koei Tecmo. Doomslayer, deconfirmed, so no Doomslayer rather than no Bethesda. No Geno, but no no Square Enix. No Gordon, Valve still has a shot tho! We can still hope for Sub-Zero!
Lloyd hype came up, so he asked for Lloyd's possibility to his source. And his source said, No Bandai Namco! BAM! Or, Vergeben asked for possibility of any Bamco rep for a change. May be he asked for everybody. Lloyd, Yuri, Heihachi, Nightmare, KOS-MOS, Klonoa, Agumon, Haruka, Gundam! He got the answer. No Bamco! Same went like that with Level 5, UBI, Falcom, and NIS.
Now Vergeben learned that his source can deconfirm entire companies not just characters. So he tried to narrow down more the possibilities for FP5. However he started with not asking company names, but rather he decided to throw some more character names popped out from his brain again like he used to do. He got the words from his source, and he misinterpreted that they deconfirmed every entire companies those characters are from. Oh yeah, let's throw some other company names came out from nowhere too in the deconfirmation list because why not!

Sabi still not backing no Bamco is weird. Bamco deconfirmation from Vergeben Isn't that new anymore. And yet they are still conflicting on that portion.
The question is, what was Vergeben's exact inquiry when he got deconfirmation of Bandai Namco, and also what was his source's exact answer.
Did he only throw in highly speculated Bamco names and he got the answer "No Bandai Namco", or did he just get "No Lloyd, no Heihachi, or anybody you said" so he thought Bamco is out entirely? Or did the source actually say "No Bamco" when Vergeben threw in just Lloyd's name?
We need a clarification for that.

D

Deleted member

“Actually yes, Miss Velvet, I do!”
“Imagine your an insider, and you get told who the final dlc character is, and then a leak comes in with major evidence pointing to that character you got told, would you publicly say that the leak was real? Of course not, don’t you find it suspicious how right after the leak Sabi and Vergeben started playing this guess who game? Maybe it was to distract the audience from the REAL culprit!”
"Even so, if only Vergeben and Sabi were here with us today, they would have confessed!"
COURT ADJOURNED

DLC prediction:
That was the hypothetical pass me and my Xenosaga fam were discussing earlier. Want the lower four as DLC? Have faith in us, because the leaks we compiled all fall into this lineup.

To me, Reimu and KOS-MOS perfectly comfort me at the back.

D

Deleted member

Works for me.
Same for me too. That's the same lineup me and the fam discussed earlier. To me, that's a perfectly balanced lineup. Reimu to represent indie gaming (and to keep me in check), then you have the four fan favorites. In the end, everyone's happy!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Same for me too. That's the same lineup me and the fam discussed earlier. To me, that's a perfectly balanced lineup. Reimu to represent indie gaming (and to keep me in check), then you have the four fan favorites. In the end, everyone's happy!
Add one more pass with Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Heihachi, and Master Chief, and this is perfect.
And even more perfect if Kratos is FP5 instead of KOS-MOS (sorry Les, but still two females in Reimu and Lara).

D

Deleted member

And even more perfect if Kratos is FP5 instead of KOS-MOS (sorry Les, but still two females in Reimu and Lara)
Awww...come on!

You really intentionally aiming for an all-male Pass 1 here aren't ya?

Everyone is watching you Lesley.

sigh...look. Give us a chance and you get your precious Hayabusa, Doomguy, Dante, and the rest.

Sorry for the outburst. I was just triggered. That is all.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Awww...come on!

You really intentionally aiming for an all-male Pass 1 here aren't ya?

Everyone is watching you Lesley.

sigh...look. Give us a chance and you get your precious Hayabusa, Doomguy, Dante, and the rest.

Sorry for the outburst. I was just triggered. That is all.
No. Just feel like if we ARE getting Kratos, it's now or never.
Nothing to do with maleness.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Tiramisu
DLC prediction:
Given the current leaks, I'm gonna disagree on KOS-MOS finishing off the FP. Wright and Travis seem likely to me. As for the second wave, the only one of those I think would get in is Hayabusa. Maybe Doomguy/Doom Slayer but IDK. I'd expect Kratos and Sora if we were getting a second pass.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just imagine a roster with Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Banjo-Kazooie, Master Chief, AND Kratos.
The kings of video games all in one roster.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So Vergeben backed down from his massive kill list, huh. Guess that was a bit too absurd to be true.

One question, though: I've seen some people talk about how KOS-MOS is back in the running. But didn't Vergeben mention Bandai-Namco in his clarification post? Or was there another update that put Bandai-Namco back in the running?

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Life tells me to expect the worst outcome.
But (insert character here) was already given the shaft.
I just imagine a roster with Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Banjo-Kazooie, Master Chief, AND Kratos.
The kings of video games all in one roster.
I wouldn't call Crash or Banjo (or Kazooie) a king, and Sonic is a litlle Wishiwashi but the rest I agree with.

D

Deleted member

One question, though: I've seen some people talk about how KOS-MOS is back in the running. But didn't Vergeben mention Bandai-Namco in his clarification post? Or was there another update that put Bandai-Namco back in the running?
Sabi's source doesn't have the Bamco deconfirmation. Only Lloyd was deconfirmed by Sabi's source. Hence, the two leakers have stuff that conflicts with each other. While everyone is rooting for Sabi as the more credible one, this still NOT viable enough, though she is quite likely. It's just conflict of source.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Tiramisu

Given the current leaks, I'm gonna disagree on KOS-MOS finishing off the FP. Wright and Travis seem likely to me. As for the second wave, the only one of those I think would get in is Hayabusa. Maybe Doomguy/Doom Slayer but IDK. I'd expect Kratos and Sora if we were getting a second pass.
Sabi still isn't on board with the Namco deconfirm, and frankly I don't find Verge the most trustworthy at the moment. Not to knock on him personally, but this isn't the first time he reported bad info. There's also the tga leak, which correctly guessed KH Re:Mind's release window (which was leaked 2 days ago), HZD on PC (announced only last week), and the fact that we're getting SMT V info soon corroborates with this rumor https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1201913139782201344
EJ6ZrupWkAAI5Pr.jpg
As of right now considering the circumstances, I'm placing my money on KOS-MOS

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So Vergeben backed down from his massive kill list, huh. Guess that was a bit too absurd to be true.

Few things are bringing her back up. "No Namco" seems to be a major contention point between Sabi's source and Verge's source. The other is a VGA leak that had a few things come to pass or be rumored that Mentions KOS-MOS as the smash reveal (For reference: https://i.imgur.com/Cr0VTt0.jpg). KH3's DLC trailer seems to have leaked early and the January 2020 release matches up. The other is Horizon getting a PC port, which has recently been rumored by insiders, notably after this post was made. Neither are particularly too outlandish, but worth noting nonetheless.

EDIT: I'll also add the Geoff recently said there are "About 15 reveals" at the VGAs which lines up with the "about 14 reveals" from the leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sabi still isn't on board with the Namco deconfirm, and frankly I don't find Verge the most trustworthy at the moment. Not to knock on him personally, but this isn't the first time he reported bad info. There's also the tga leak, which correctly guessed KH Re:Mind's release window (which was leaked 2 days ago), HZD on PC (announced only last week), and the fact that we're getting SMT V info soon corroborates with this rumor https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1201913139782201344
As of right now considering the circumstances, I'm placing my money on KOS-MOS
Assuming that Geoff isn't the type to visit 4chan...

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Well, we’ve done a great job at diligently restoring the status quo over night I see.

D

Deleted member

Well, we’ve done a great job at diligently restoring the status quo over night I see.
We've gone a loooooonnngggg way from all these deconfirmations and we have five days left. Perfect timing.

Shroob

Sup?
Monkey's paw:

Kos-Mos gets in and destroys Verg's credibility

But it boost's Sabi's for not agreeing with Verg's no Bamco claim

Conflicting feelings rn ngl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom