• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I feel like Verg and Sabi are just plain old shaky territory. I don't think they are lying but I do think they aren't very wise. As a result I think we should look at what they say as a "Oh interesting. That's something to consider." Instead of "HOLY **** DID YOU HEAR WHAT THEY SAID?!?!"

Like I said, stay calm. Look at this from all angles and take things one step at a time.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
We're getting more characters afterwards, so I don't know why some people are freaking out, blueprinting everything Verge and Sabi has said and freaking out because one of the characters they want might not get in as soon as they'd like.

Take a deep breath and relax. We still have some time until the last fighter.
This is the relaxed version of the Smash speculation base.

Imagine going through all this except with the hanging specter that FP5 is the very absolute last chance for someone to get into Smash.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I mean, that is completely different from refuting someone.

Wouldn’t that still mean a credible source is saying no Capcom?
Also, why the hell do we only ever talk about the same two people

Wrong Saber.
Yeah, usually when people are thinking Saber in Smash, they're thinking Saber Artoria while the one in the video is Saber Nero (who has a design that would cause issues with CERO)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Yeah, usually when people are thinking Saber in Smash, they're thinking Saber Artoria while the one in the video is Saber Nero (who has a design that would cause issues with CERO)
I don't think that would stop the memes from coming in, same series.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Anyone mind reposting a list of all the disconfirmations? I wanna see if I can make heads and tails out of any of this.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
*takes verge leaks with a grain of saly and sabi's leaks with a truckload of it*

Heeeey surprise exam time!

If dark souls is published in japan by from software and is published in the west by Bandai-Namco... does this means that is considered for leakers a bandai namco IP or a From Software IP?

if a source is japanese and another source is from the usa... can both sources disagree and yet still be rtight? :3

While I somewhat enjoyed Saber's Nero personality... it irks me GREATLY that she has the same face than Artoria... At least with morderd you can somehow assume that they may have similar faces...

Only Saber artoria for me.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
*takes verge leaks with a grain of saly and sabi's leaks with a truckload of it*

Heeeey surprise exam time!

If dark souls is published in japan by from software and is published in the west by Bandai-Namco... does this means that is considered for leakers a bandai namco IP or a From Software IP?

if a source is japanese and another source is from the usa... can both sources disagree and yet still be rtight? :3

While I somewhat enjoyed Saber's Nero personality... it irks me GREATLY that she has the same face than Artoria... At least with morderd you can somehow assume that they may have similar faces...

From what I've read, the president of FromSoft has stated that Bandai Namco owns the Soul Calibur IP.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Wouldn't be surprised if Saber did somehow manage to get in, if there was a Hero situation where there was alternate variant "Saber-faces".

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
From what I've read, the president of FromSoft has stated that Bandai Namco owns the Soul Calibur IP.
as fun a comment it makes and absurd that we need to ask fromsoft president regarding soul calibur that is very much INDEED owned by Bandai Namco, I assume that you brainfarted and wanter to say "Dark Souls IP", right?...

If that's so do you have teh source? :0

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Anyone mind reposting a list of all the disconfirmations? I wanna see if I can make heads and tails out of any of this.
Verge:
Bandai Namco
Level-5
Ubisoft
Falcom
Nippon Ichi Software
Gordon Freeman
Doomguy / Doom Slayer
Geno
Scorpion
Ryu Hayabusa
Arle Nadja
Sakura from Sakura Wars
Crash Bandicoot
Tracer
Reimu Hakurei
Kat from Gravity Rush

Sabi:
Ryu
Hayabusa
Crash Bandicoot
Doomguy
Geno
Dante
Lloyd/ A Tales of Rep
Sora
Falcom reps and Nippon Ichi reps altogether

Sabi's NOA Source
Crash and Tracer
Capcom
Namco

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Wouldn't be surprised if Saber did somehow manage to get in, if there was a Hero situation where there was alternate variant "Saber-faces".
Cept aren't most of the Saber faces based on different characters? I mean besides the ones based on King Arthur (which are all different in some way), you have the one based on Mordred, the one based on Emperor Nero, the ones based on Okita, the ones who are based on Jeanne d'Arc, and one based on Lakshmibai (who looks like a dark skinned Jeanne, fitting for someone described as the Indian version of her) just to name a few.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

I just love how it's so much of a joke it is in the series now that there's literally a character who vows to eliminate all Saber Faces while she herself is also a Saber Face.

D

Deleted member

So the current list of disconfirms as it stands:

-Crash
-Tracer
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doom Slayer
-Geno
-Nippon Ichi
-Gordon Freeman
-Ubisoft
-Falcom
-Namco
-Level 5
-Arle Nadja
-Sakura
-Reimu
-Kat
-Dante(Sabi)
-Capcom(According to the NoA Ambassador)
-Sora(Sabi's Source)
I’m happy to see that verge backtracked the whole it’s not a spirit.

you may find it unlikley but it’s still in the running again even if it has a less chance.

Although geno and Ubisoft are out. So that leaves Shantae then.

D

Deleted member

SONO CHI NO SADAME!
You really think you're funny, huh
Cept aren't most of the Saber faces based on different characters? I mean besides the ones based on King Arthur (which are all different in some way), you have the one based on Mordred, the one based on Emperor Nero, the ones based on Okita, the ones who are based on Jeanne d'Arc, and one based on Lakshmibai (who looks like a dark skinned Jeanne, fitting for someone described as the Indian version of her) just to name a few.
Jeanne is actually not a Saber-face(they look alike and that's a plot point in-universe but their face is not the exact same).
But yeah, none of the Saberfaces really work as costumes for the OG Saber because their fighting styles are so wildly different. Saber Artoria, the first one, could still have Saber Alter and Mysterious Hunter X costumes since those are still her

Kokiden

Smash Ace
This is the first time I’m following leaks for smash, and from someone who just got into this, all I’m seeing are two “leakers” trying to one up each other by vying for prolonged attention on themselves by leading people on.

A battle of egos from two attention seekers.

What’s intriguing is it’s working. People are hooked and are talking nonstop about this.

D

Deleted member

This is the first time I’m following leaks for smash, and from someone who just got into this, all I’m seeing are two “leakers” trying to one up each other by vying for prolonged attention on themselves by leading people on.

What’s intriguing is it’s working. People are hooked and are talking nonstop about this.
That's how I saw it anyway. I once pledged myself to never look at leaks, like, ever. But my desperation got the best of me. How amusing.

Then you have the people going on how leak culture is good, blah blah blah, etc.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I just saw the "HUGE update". Eh? I guess it could be true, but at his point I'm done with the Guess Who game. It appears they won't reveal who FP5 is, just who they are not so we'll just (hopefully) find out at TGA.

D

Deleted member

I just saw the "HUGE update". Eh? I guess it could be true, but at his point I'm done with the Guess Who game. It appears they won't reveal who FP5 is, just who they are not so we'll just (hopefully) find out at TGA.
I second the motion.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet

I mean, when you're this bored, you can either listen to leakers, and get caught in the resulting drama, or you can go in the same roundabout of discussing a tiny handful of characters that people are convinced are the most likely on circumstantial evidence, with all alternate possibilities getting shut down or ignored.

Either way, nobody ever wins.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
"I am the Milkman, my milk is delicious."
-The Milkman (Psychonauts, 2005.)
Milkman for Smash Bros Ultimate pls.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
“Your honor, my case for Doomslayer in smash is simple to understand, you see, my theory is that SABI AND VERGEBEN have known he was in this entire time, because the cacodemon leak was REAL this WHOLE time!”

D24DB9FA-0AD9-404A-8F9F-EE3953FB98F3.gif

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I mean, when you're this bored, you can either listen to leakers, and get caught in the resulting drama, or you can go in the same roundabout of discussing a tiny handful of characters that people are convinced are the most likely on circumstantial evidence, with all alternate possibilities getting shut down or ignored.

Either way, nobody ever wins.
I agree.

I'm just following along to see what happens for the most part.

I just want to know if it's going to be a well known character, or an obscure one, for curiosity's sake.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
I agree.

I'm just following along to see what happens for the most part.

I just want to know if it's going to be a well known character, or an obscure one, for curiosity's sake.
Oh, same. I've got my favorites I bet on, including a few dark horses (very obvious ones cough), but mainly I'm just curious as to what Sakurai is gonna throw at us next, and how well-kept of a secret it'll actually turn out to be in the end. Especially since we have at least a little more DLC to look forward to after this.

D

Deleted member

Well, time to have some fun.

“Your honor, my case for Doomslayer in smash is simple to understand, you see, my theory is that SABI AND VERGEBEN have known he was in this entire time, because the cacodemon leak was REAL this WHOLE time!”

View attachment 251172
With all due respect, sir, there have been evidence recently floating around about several Discord users apparently claiming they made the fake leak. What do you have in this case, your honor?

Shroob

Sup?
Saber would be boring.

She'd make sense, but as someone familiar from her source material, gameplay wise she'd basically just be Marth/Ike, with some Cloud Side and Neutral B mixed in.

D

Deleted member

Saber would be boring.

She'd make sense, but as someone familiar from her source material, gameplay wise she'd basically just be Marth/Ike, with some Cloud Side and Neutral B mixed in.
Hmm...and how about Down B then?

D

Deleted member

That would almost certainly be a counter-type move with Avalon I feel.
Well, it's up to the devs to design her moveset and how she would work. I mean, look at Hero. Back then everyone thought he'd be akin to Link/Shulk, but now, we have the RNG that tested the Smash community.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
One thing I noticed about Verge going back on his original Thanos snap post is that he originally mentioned no Marvelous, and then took it back implying Marvelous is not deconfirmed, but didn't mention any specific characters talked about from Marvelous that were deconfirmed.

This seems to poke a hole in his point about a miscommunication regarding characters vs companies being deconfirmed, because if that was the case why wouldn't the deconfirmed Marvelous character be included in his followup list? Seems like an oversight. I guess it's possible he forgot to include them, but it seems more likely to be a mistake in his backtracking tbh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom