• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If this was for all the remaining characters, maybe I'd give more of a ****, but it's only for one character, who is going to be revealed soon anyway, so I don't. There's no way it'd be healthy anyway.

Just go with the flow, stopping every once in a while to lol at Sabi (or Vergeben... but usually Sabi). I really can't recommend it enough.
Can confirm. Not really caring seems to have saved me quite a bit of emotional turmoil.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Sabi also claimed the last two, as shown in the above tweet.
I'm saying, if he was just throwing some character names to his source, how can we tell he wasn't doing the same before with those companies? Did he confirmed that his source literally ruled out Bamco, Level 5, UBI, Falcom, and NIS?
IIRC, Hayabusa, Doomslayer, Geno, and Gordon are all deconfirmed by Vergeben when those names were popular in the speculation scenes. And when he ruled out whole Bamco, that was the time when Lloyd was the front runner. Did his source deconfirmed entire Bamco just that time or Vergeben asked not only for Lloyd but Bamco rep as a whole just that time? I'm lost here.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Omg. Think for a second. Sabi is saying who is disconfirmed. If namco or spirits are not on the disconfirmed list, then they are still in the running according to sabi. Got it?
For the time being.

That list could easily increase in the future.

And Namco still has Vergeben as a smoking gun against it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We're getting more characters afterwards, so I don't know why some people are freaking out, blueprinting everything Verge and Sabi has said and freaking out because one of the characters they want might not get in as soon as they'd like.

Take a deep breath and relax. We still have some time until the last fighter.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Phoenix Wright has pretty much acted like an actual phoenix this past week.
His chances literally die and come back to life.

I swear I can't make this **** up.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Y'know the speculattion process would be a lot more fun if people didn't act like Smash was be all end all of their lives. It's just a video game. I'm trying to have fun with this. It's like a detective game and the mystery is kind of exciting. But instead people are going banana peels. Over what? This isn't politics. This is video games. Take a deep breath everyone.
Same. I'm basically just along for the ride at this point (with some occasional promotion of my other wanted characters that I'm not expecting in the game). It's a little concerning seeing people stake their identities/accounts/whatever dumb bet on whether a character makes it in, especially since we're getting new fighters and this isn't the end.
Then again I got two characters that I really wanted, maybe they just haven't gotten anyone in either the base game or DLC that they've really wanted.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Honestly, some characters feel more like Post-pass characters anyways like Dante or Reimu, for example. I just hope we get #5 info soon so we can get a fresh slate on speculation and revived chances for characters.

Much better than gripping onto hope they'd be revealed sooner or later and freaking out while stalking leakers.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I thought the NOA source deconfirmed Phoenix?
And yet, we have two leakers who have gone out of their way to say that Capcom isn't deconfirmed yet.

So who knows what to believe anymore?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So tldr, Verg was messing with us?

Yare yare...

Phoenix Wright has pretty much acted like an actual phoenix this past week.
His chances literally die and come back to life.

I swear I can't make this **** up.
Just like the games.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Spyro's back to having a chance lol!

Well starting tomorrow I for one am going to stay away from leak related stuff till TGAs. Idk if it's because we knew about Hero, Banjo, and Terry before their actual reveals, but a part of me feels like I want to go in blind on this last one without knowing who it is beforehand. See you all Thursday lol

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
We're getting more characters afterwards, so I don't know why some people are freaking out, blueprinting everything Verge and Sabi has said and freaking out because one of the characters they want might not get in as soon as they'd like.

Take a deep breath and relax. We still have some time until the last fighter.
For real. People need to take a chill pill.

I'd wait for the rest of the year and so on for Geno... :drflip: lol if he doesn't get into Ultimate I will be waiting forever won't I

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Something something it seems like the leakers are starting to get inconsistent sources...

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
And yet, we have two leakers who have gone out of their way to say that Capcom isn't deconfirmed yet.

So who knows what to believe anymore?
They never went out of their way to say that, its just not on their kill lists

I’m still inclined to believe the source because they got Links Awakening, Banjo, and Terry right. (Coming from a Phoenix supporter btw.)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ok is this a reference to a let's play or is there actually a notable trainer with a Rillaboom in Pokémon Sword and Shield?
You can search far and wide for the source of this meme.

I promise you, you'll never find it.

D

Deleted member

HASHIRE SORI YO
KAZE NO YOU NI
TUSKIMIHARA WO
PADORU PADORU
Ok is this a reference to a let's play or is there actually a notable trainer with a Rillaboom in Pokémon Sword and Shield?
Please do not mispell Baboom's name

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Vergeben's explanation is both believable, but also sounds stupid to a degree.

It DOES explain that list we got that morning. That was an insane bombshell, but jeez man just wait until they give you a name.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I'm entering the VGA this year the same way I entered it last year: expecting nothing.

Ended up enjoying myself even before anything Smash related showed up. Getting Joker in Smash was just the cherry on top.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I thought the NOA source deconfirmed Phoenix?

And I couldn’t find any Sabi tweet on the matter.
The only disconformation I know of relating to Suit Man was immediately refuted by two other people so people are disregarding it.

HASHIRE SORI YO
KAZE NO YOU NI
TUSKIMIHARA WO
PADORU PADORU
Translation.PNG

I will never understand Haikus...

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Sakura has been disconfirmed for FP5? Well there's always Wave 2, and it actually makes more sense for to be in there.

As for the Phoenix Wright supporters looks like our friendly rivalry continues. Amaterasu Vs Phoenix Wright. May the best character win.

Also I'm sorry KatKit KatKit , I really wanted Kat too.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Who refuted the source?
PapaGenos and Sabi. And it wasn't really so much a refutation, more just "we recognize the source nazyrus is using, but we have a different source for FP5 specifically, and they haven't told us no capcom yet"

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
PapaGenos and Sabi. And it wasn't really so much a refutation, more just "we recognize the source nazyrus is using, but we have a different source for FP5 specifically, and they haven't told us no capcom yet"
I mean, that is completely different from refuting someone.

Wouldn’t that still mean a credible source is saying no Capcom?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So we went through the Snap, and now the Hulk grabbed the Gauntlet and returned most of them back to life.

At this point I think it's Phoenix, but honestly it's gotten so ****ing confusing that I'm just gonna be chill til TGA. If it's not Phoenix, I've already kind of disconfirmed him in my heart, so it won't even hurt, and it'll be hype as **** if it's him.

If Fighter 5 isn't TGA I hope we get a reliable leak of the actual character, for all our sales.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I forgot the 3 most important characters I don't want:

1. Indie characters:

Undertale is probably the most beloved indie game ever and Sans is in Smash as a special Mii Fighter outfit. I don't think any indie character deserves more. Indie series tend to lack history, continued innovation, and most importantly fans and mass appeal. Minecraft was an indie game for instance, but it got history and an impact to become a major force in gaming. The Witcher and Rayman are 2 examples of similar tales. Those series went from being indie to being major video game franchises with a ton of historical importance.

Unless an indie series surpasses the indie title, they don't belong playable in Smash. Smash is a mascot fighter, not a wishlist fighter like some random MUGEN game. Characters should have weight behind their history. We should not be adding a character just because you like ultra skinny chicks.

2. Secondary characters:

Basically no Geno (he's a secondary character in the 3rd most important Mario game from 1996), no characters that are so deep down the cast you gotta look for them (like Anna in Fire Emblem). Smash shouldn't have series' Diddy Kong's before their Donkey Kong's. Respect the Main character status.

Like I said before, Smash is a mascot fighter, and it is better that way.

3. Non-Video game characters:

The reason you don't want Goku isn't that you hate Goku or the idea of him in Smash, it's that you got to work thru like 6 companies to get him in. Then if he's in, if one of them randomly gets mad they can shut down all Smash streams, videos on YouTube, tournaments, ETC. Don't believe me? It all happened to Dragon Ball FighterZ and that killed a lot of that games' competitive momentum. Disney killed Marvel vs. Capcom multiple times in spite of the series' printing money and being genius.

That would not be ideal for Smash, because manga/anime/animation/big companies like Disney can have really terrible PR departments and people in charge, and can throw that legal weight around in ways not even Nintendo can protect themselves from.
>no secondary characters
>Same game that has Rosalina and Sheik
?????

also the 10 characters I want are Sackboy, Geno, Freddy, Paper Mario, Skull Kid, Crash, Phoenix, Scorpion, and Doomslayer
Geno and Sackboy alone would be enough for me
I don’t have much characters I would despise, cause all you need is a fun moveset to win me over
I don’t want Reimu, Fortnite, or Heihachi though

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I’m still not going to expect any Capcom characters, because it seems like no one has debunked the NOA source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom