• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm joining team "all leaks are bull**** until they are correct", it's a pretty cool team let me tell you that.

D

Deleted member

I'm joining team "all leaks are bull**** until they are correct", it's a pretty cool team let me tell you that.
Heheh. Same. Anyone whose character got "deconfirmed" by false gods Verge and Sabi, sign up!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Few things are bringing her back up. "No Namco" seems to be a major contention point between Sabi's source and Verge's source. The other is a VGA leak that had a few things come to pass or be rumored that Mentions KOS-MOS as the smash reveal (For reference: https://i.imgur.com/Cr0VTt0.jpg). KH3's DLC trailer seems to have leaked early and the January 2020 release matches up. The other is Horizon getting a PC port, which has recently been rumored by insiders, notably after this post was made. Neither are particularly too outlandish, but worth noting nonetheless.

EDIT: I'll also add the Geoff recently said there are "About 15 reveals" at the VGAs which lines up with the "about 14 reveals" from the leak.
Ah, I see. Gonna be honest though, even with Vergeben's little Thanos blunder from yesterday, I'm more willing to believe him than I am willing to believe a random 4chan text leak that guessed a few things correctly. And even if they do have some legitimate information, there's no telling if all of this information is legit, since they could've just padded things out with things that sounded plausible to them.

As for Sabi. . . well, they're Sabi.

D

Deleted member

Ah, I see. Gonna be honest though, even with Vergeben's little Thanos blunder from yesterday, I'm more willing to believe him than I am willing to believe a random 4chan text leak that guessed a few things correctly. And even if they do have some legitimate information, there's no telling if all of this information is legit, since they could've just padded things out with things that sounded plausible to them.

I've put my trust in Vergeben into a small halt until all the FP5 stuff is cleared.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

I don’t know, guessing three unrelated things is weird.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Basically, If a Clock Tower remake is announced at the VGAs, that's probably the biggest point in favor of the leak. So if that happens, KOS-MOS will likely follow

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t know, guessing three unrelated things is weird.
It is, but not improbable.

Trust me, I'm dying for Verg to be proven wrong at this point(Despite being dubbed a 'Verg Acolyte' by a lot of people during base game speculation)

But I've seen a lot of coincidences that wind up just being coincidences.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Basically, If a Clock Tower remake is announced at the VGAs, that's probably the biggest point in favor of the leak. So if that happens, KOS-MOS will likely follow
I mean, at that point it's honestly a bit too late for it to really matter if this leak is proven legit, if you ask me.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, at that point it's honestly a bit too late for it to really matter if this leak is proven legit, if you ask me.
I think what they meant is "If we see Clock Tower, then there's no other choice but to assume that this leak is right."

KatKit

Smash Lord
I stepped away from Smashboards around noon yesterday; I'm super behind. It's 3:05am in the morning out here in SoCal Hekseville. I woke up from my sleep because I felt... a disturbance in the force. I log in and I see two mentions in my notification thingy. I already know what this means: it's Gravity Rush related.

Huh? What for?! D:

Sakura has been disconfirmed for FP5? Well there's always Wave 2, and it actually makes more sense for to be in there.
She's Sega and I thought that was already deconfirmed? What in Palutena's name is going on here?

As for the Phoenix Wright supporters looks like our friendly rivalry continues. Amaterasu Vs Phoenix Wright. May the best character win.
So... Capcom's back in? Awesome. I really need to catch up on recent developments.

Also I'm sorry KatKit KatKit , I really wanted Kat too.
Nevermind... Ah, THERE it is, the disturbance I sensed. They deconfirmed Sony? Or did they outright mention Kat specifically? If so, it's odd that they'd single her out like that. She didn't seem super likely, but the fun of the unknown gave people hope. Another day, our precious Gravity Queen. I swear on my life, it suddenly started raining heavily out here while I was typing all this. Check the weather if don't believe me. EVEN MY CITY WEEPS; how poetic. But it's... okay. There's still... a lot of awesome... characters in the running.

Last edited:

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
It could be because people don't think he would be fun to play with (which I fall under,) he would block more interesting Namco-Bandai characters getting into Smash, or people don't think he would work well in Smash.
EDIT: People could want more interesting Tekken characters over Heihachi.
Yeah, I myself have said before that it would be a massive shame not to have someone like Kazuya with a Devil meter or somebody from the more kung fu-based side of the original rosters who may have multiple stances which access different movesets. So I understand that.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Or did they outright mention Kat specifically? If so, it's odd that they'd single her out like that.
He singled out Kat. Ha!

It turns out that Masahiro Sakurai is a man of culture. Feel free to bandwagon the superior option.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I stepped away from Smashboards around noon yesterday; I'm super behind. It's 3:05am in the morning out here in SoCal Hekseville. I woke up from my sleep because I felt... a disturbance in the force. I log in and I see two mentions in my notification thingy. I already know what this means: it's Gravity Rush related.

Huh? What for?! D:

She's Sega and I thought that was already deconfirmed? What in Palutena's name is going on here?

So... Capcom's back in? Awesome. I really need to catch up on recent developments.

Nevermind... Ah, THERE it is, the disturbance I sensed. They deconfirmed Sony? Or did they outright mention Kat specifically? If so, it's odd that they'd single her out like that. She didn't seem super likely, but the fun of the unknown gave people hope. Another day, our precious Gravity Queen. I swear on my life, it suddenly started raining heavily out here while I was typing all this. Check the weather if don't believe me. EVEN MY CITY WEEPS; how poetic. But it's... okay. There's still... a lot of awesome... characters in the running.

Not to be rude but isn't this par for the course in terms of Gravity Rush's absence?

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I'll preface this by saying that i wouldn't mind KOS-MOS as the 5th DLC character:she is probably my preferred "Namco rep" and i think she has potential as a fighter.

With that being said...I hate repeating myself on this, but since I've seen a few people implying that the thing about Horizon coming to PC is already confirmed: It's not, at this moment it just another rumor (and it doesn't come from a reliable source).
Same thing for SMT V, it's possible that we could get something at TGA, but nothing is confirmed and it could be a lucky guess.
Finally, i think it's possible that RE:Mind could get a trailer at the upcoming State of play. There's a weird exclusivity deal with Sony on that DLC where PS owners get the DLC like a month before Xbox players, so it makes a ton of sense to show it there.

I will start to take the leak a bit more seriously IF the State of Play comes and the trailer for RE:mind doesn't show up.
Again, I've nothing against that leak, I just think we should look at everything with a critical eye.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Huh? I'm not sure what ya mean, Gwen.

He singled out Kat. Ha!

It turns out that Masahiro Sakurai is a man of culture. Feel free to bandwagon the superior option.
Hilarious straw grasp/loophole, fam, but that's not gonna happen. But darn it if isn't the next best thing (especially if she has a Kat palette swap). It'd be like when Raiden got in over Snake in PSABR, but the Smash Bros. equivalent. I... concede. It's up to yo your girl now. Finish what we started. Kinda like at the end of Gravity Rush 2.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I’m still completely baffled by the lack of a Phoenix disconfirmation by both Verge or Sabi, just like Dante he arose in general speculation from a prominent rumor but still isn’t disconfirmed. Not only that, but if Sabi does actually know who five is and has for quite some time apparently, isn’t it odd that her alt account is believing that the most likely character is Phoenix?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I had to say my top 5 characters I’d want to see as F5, these would be them. This is also considering that I don’t want one company getting two characters in as dlc:
  1. Doomslayer
  2. Lloyd Irving
  3. Sol Badguy
  4. Scorpion
  5. Kratos

As much as I want to see certain characters included such as Master Chief, Sora, 2B, and NiGHTS; they go against the above mentioned rule.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It could be because people don't think he would be fun to play with (which I fall under,) he would block more interesting Namco-Bandai characters getting into Smash, or people don't think he would work well in Smash.
EDIT: People could want more interesting Tekken characters over Heihachi.
Yeah, I just find Heihachi to be boring and I rather see Kazuya or Jin with their devil abilities. But before Tekken I want to see Tales and KOS-MOS make it in.

Oh TGA just can't come fast enough.

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
If either Verge or Sabi end up being wrong, I think they should BOTH step away from the leaking game. It’s just not worth watching this tennis match when they both keep missing the ball.

D

Deleted member

So let me get this straight, Vergeben has discofirmed Arle and Sakura Wars specifically, but not SEGA as a whole?

This can mean one thing:

AXEL STONE

BRINGS THE RAGE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Saber would be boring.

She'd make sense, but as someone familiar from her source material, gameplay wise she'd basically just be Marth/Ike, with some Cloud Side and Neutral B mixed in.
Okay but Shroob think about it

She's the perfict fit for the eroge rep

Night Gale

Smash Ace
So let me get this straight, Vergeben has discofirmed Arle and Sakura Wars specifically, but not SEGA as a whole?

This can mean one thing:

AXEL STONE

BRINGS THE RAGE.
Streets of Rage is not one of my top five Sega choices but if we got Axel, his redesign should be the default.

He's scruffy, less bland and looks like he's been through some s***.

On the subject of Streets of Rage and redesigns, f***ing Blaze Fielding. The hoop earrings made me appreciate that betch. I didn't care about her look because she's a FlashGal rip-off, but for a minor detail, the addition of the hoop earrings is so f***ing brilliant. It is not only a fashion choice, it is a symbol and a statement - she wants to connect with my people. She's British but this b**** not only loves lambada, she's wearing hoop earrings now. They represent her toughness and strong admiration for my culture. She puts the Streets in Streets of Rage.

Though in a perfect world we would get Skate over the two of them. He was broken af.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom