• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So did any other insanity happen last night?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
And I am now in the phase where I can't sleep for ****. Might as well stay up, read leak related stuff, eat Oreo Cereal, and wait for the Ravens game at 1PM

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So one way or another Phoenix Wright is back from the dead?

If this does turn out to be Phoenix in the end, this whole speculation cycle has been as nutty and as back and forth as one of his trials.
Yup, pretty much. As a matter of fact, https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78235954?jumpto=145#145
Verge has recently reaffirmed that he has NOT gotten any sign of deconfirmation for Wright or Capcom from his trustworthy source.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So after the big revelation of last night, I thought I'd drop in my two cents:
If you are truly him, riddle me this:

Is Dewritos Mountain Dew-flavored Doritos or Dorito-flavored Mountain Dew?
That is a great question: the true answer is that it tastes like myself! Gamer essence flows from every pore on my body.
I'd say it makes sense. If greek gods bled Ichor, then Dorito Pope bleeds Mountain Dew. Here's another for the lore.

...What, were you expecting something else? Oh... alright then.

Based on the new list, here's the breakdown on who I think is in the clear for CP5 right now. This is, of course, mostly opinion:

• Bethesda: Dragonborn
  • Konami: Bill Ryzer, Frogger
  • Sega: Kazuma Kiryu
  • Capcom: Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu
  • Square Enix: 2B, Lara Croft
  • Microsoft: Steve
  • Valve: Chell, Team Fortress rep
  • Blizzard: Diablo rep, Warcraft rep, Starcraft rep
  • Sony: Kratos
  • Arc System Works: Sol Badguy
  • Nintendo: Officer Howard, Three Houses rep, Spirit/AT upgrade (?)
A few things I found to be weird about Vergeben's statement: some of the companies were put back on track, so I put these on the list regardless of how likely their reps are.

Secondly, some companies from the first list, like Arcsys, are completely absent, which I find odd considering Vergeben apparently checked on them too.

Finally, why did Spirit/AT upgrades disappear completely from the list? And why did Kat specifically get disconfirmed for Sony when most people agreed she wasn't their frontrunner?

All in all, the next few days are going to be exciting. I'm having a lot of fun - I know some people are mad at the situation, but I enjoyed thinking about characters that usually aren't talked about too much actually having a chance for once.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though why did he disconfirm Kat from Gravity Rush? She's an niche character from a rival company and there was no rumours. That's like kicking a, well... cat for no reason.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and suddenly everyone's going left and right coz now Verge is getting his underpants in a jiffy. I mean, he's got people doubting him now.

I'm gonna wake up tomorrow still seeing debates thrown left and right. Well, that speculation for ya.

Couple days left, Lesley. Your faith must NOT falter.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Can you imagine the chaos if a direct gets announced coming before the Game Awards....or if it turns out there's no Smash reveal at VGA 2019?

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
At this rate, Sakurai is gonna announce the 5th DLC character at TGA before backtracking on Twitter because his source gave him misleading info.

D

Deleted member

At this rate, Sakurai is gonna announce the 5th DLC character at TGA before backtracking on Twitter because his source gave him misleading info.
I won't be ****ing surprised if this happened lmao

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Sakurai: Oops, wrong note. Please pretend that I didn't mention the post-pass fighter.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do hope Tales of Symphonia and Lloyd gets in. I have a soft spot for that character and game. I started playing it during a very hard time in my life with massive life adjustments (high school graduation, break up), passing of my dog, plus the tragic death due to an overdose of a very close friend. It helped me dive into another world and help me slowly come into terms of what happened. The themes at play in the game really did help me heal and I appreciate it for that. It would be great to see Tales of Symphonia once again become an important part of of life. Especially considering I no longer own the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do hope Tales of Symphonia and Lloyd gets in. I have a soft spot for that character and game. I started playing it during a very hard time in my life with massive life adjustments (high school graduation, break up), passing of my dog, plus the tragic death due to an overdose of a very close friend. It helped me dive into another world and help me slowly come into terms of what happened. The themes at play in the game really did help me heal and I appreciate it for that. It would be great to see Tales of Symphonia once again become an important part of of life. Especially considering I know longer own the game.
Sabi decon-

you said you don't trust Verge and Sabi.

Oh. Carry on.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sabi decon-

you said you don't trust Verge and Sabi.

Oh. Carry on.
It’s not that I don’t trust them. I trust with what they say considering the sources they have and their track records. It’s more of a matter that I don’t actually care what they have to say since doesn’t it stop me from supporting or whatnot a character that I love. In addition, while they may be deconfirmed for F5, there’s always the next round.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So did any other insanity happen last night?
A dramatic recreation of current events:

Jonneh: Leaking stuff as usual.

Vergeben: I gotta have a good leak.

Jonnny Test: Vegeta, you ****ing leaker, you are so big and leaky, why are you so leaking.?

Verga:I leak, Jon, it's what i do. It's time to discomfirm Gordon from the Fighter Pass.

Jonathan Joestar: Don't do it Vergeben, you will ruin the surprise.

Vega: Your going into the discomfirm heaven, you stupid crowbar man *Posts that Gordon is not Fighter Pass 5*

John Cena: VEEEEEEEEERGEEEBEEEEEEEN!

Veggie Burger: Time for a leak, im a poster who loves to spoil.

Joe: VERGEBEN YOU ****ING SPOILER.

Vergeben because i ran out of funny names: I hate Smash Babies. Im bored i want to discomfirm some characters.

Joseph: You are discomfirming everything in speculation, VERNBEGING.

Vertigo: Enough with the chit chat, let's get some discomfirmations going.

*BAD KILL TIME*

Jon: Where is Doomguy?

Verg: I discomfirmed that boi.

Jon: Where are the Falcom Characters?

Verg: I discomfirmed those boiss.

Jon: Where did Arle Nadja went?

Verg:

Jon: You are such a bad user that's it i'v had it with you that does it, IM DONE this is it that's the last ****ing straw VERGEBENINIO.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Though why did he disconfirm Kat from Gravity Rush? She's an niche character from a rival company and there was no rumours. That's like kicking a, well... cat for no reason.
Because you all should focus on Raven.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is that a Final Fight reference?
Axel is just literally an expy of Cody from Final Fight. Blonde Hair, White Shirt, Middle of the road stats, etc.

Although there was divergent character evolution.....from Cody's part (you know the whole Cody going to Jail thing in Street Fighter, where as Axel stayed as the hero for the rest of the series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom