• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Forgive me for my skepticism, but I'm someone who has pretty much taken Verg's word as word of god up to this point, and even I found last night absurd. It's great that he's trying to fix this assumed mistake, but this just, and all of this, feels weird and very off.
People should always be skeptical, but walking back a claim for the sake of clarification seems a strange point at which to get incensed.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I'm telling you guys we're getting Dovahkiin. The Cacodemon Mii costume will be accompanied by a Doomguy costume, too. (Save this post for when I become a leaker due to being so accurate.)
I told you guys! Even when prominent leakers deconfirm my character predictions, they come back from the dead! Fus Ro Dah!

But in all seriousness, I think that would be a big enough reveal at the Game Awards to garner some attention. Also, I'll say it once and I'll say it a million times, we're not getting a Sony rep.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wish Thursday would just ******* get here already! I can't take anymore of this! Vergeben this! Sabi this! I'm officially broken!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
People should always be skeptical, but walking back a claim for the sake of clarification seems a strange point at which to get incensed.
I mean, as much as I hate to say it, it looks and feels like backtracking.

I know it's most likely not, because I legit believe Verg has a source, but....

And Sabi is just, yeah, let's forget her.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS is Namco, don't pretend otherwise.

If she's Monolith Soft, Banjo is first-party.
Um ACHSHUALLY Banjo is part of the DK univershe as shown by the multiple points of continuity between them. Shoutouts to DK Vine

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't know what's funnier, the fact that we went from an apocalyptic deconfirmation spree to a not so bad deconfirmation spree in the span of a single day, or the fact that the only reason it even happened was because Verge's source didn't ****ing proofread

D

Deleted member

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that we went from an apocalyptic deconfirmation spree to a not so bad deconfirmation spree in the span of a single day, or the fact that the only reason it even happened was because Verge's source didn't ****ing proofread
"It's just a prank bro"

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
We have just less than 5 days until the Game Awards (which means we might still get a reveal on that day). This has been a very wild rollercoaster ride for the past few weeks that got insane for the past few days. And I fear for the state of this thread if we don't get a character reveal by January. And I have a feeling the speculation for the final overall character is going to be absolutely chaotic.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, as much as I hate to say it, it looks and feels like backtracking.

I know it's most likely not, because I legit believe Verg has a source, but....

And Sabi is just, yeah, let's forget her.
In so much as any retraction is, I suppose. I don't see what the big deal is, Vergeben does this kind of thing pretty sparingly, and the turnaround was prompt. If he did it all the time I would get it, but usually he stands by his claims.

I understand a frustration with the leaker culture as a whole, but this incident seems more innocuous than many other examples which have happened as of late.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m not a big fan of the whole leaker culture. I’m happy they are willing to share information but I do feel like some of it is just to stoke their own ego/satisfaction of playing mind games with people/generating media buzz. I don’t think that’s the sole reason why they do what they do of course but I think it certainly has something to do with it and one reason why people try to copy/become insider leakers as well.

I’m also not a fan of whole-heartedly following every word these people say. Again, I am happy they share this info but it doesn’t define me or my interest in the game. I’m perfectly happy speculating about Smash without knowing who is leaked or who is deconfirmed. I get people really follow these individuals but, to me, leak talk is just a small part of Smash discussion. Or at least it should be.

Lastly, I don’t get why some people see these “deconfirmations” as a hard “no you’re not in Smash”. There is dlc coming after this so these aren’t hard deconfirmations. But I have seen people trolling fanbases with stupid whit like “haha Sabi deconfirmed x character their chances in Smash is over !!! Your a loser and your trash character is loser!”

that type of **** is stupid
To add onto this, also not a fan of the personality cult that some of these figures generate. It’s like everyone has to subscribe to one of them in order to have a voice in Smash discussion. Those who are unsure or skeptical are usually either ignored, attacked, or laughed at. Like either they are an idiot for not knowing the common trend of Smash leaks or being “uncultured” to not following leaks. It’s silly.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
We have just less than 5 days until the Game Awards (which means we might still get a reveal on that day). This has been a very wild rollercoaster ride for the past few weeks that got insane for the past few days. And I fear for the state of this thread if we don't get a character reveal by January. And I have a feeling the speculation for the final overall character is going to be absolutely chaotic.
If we don't get the character this month, I think everyone's going to die from stress.

At least it will be... interesting... to look back on.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I feel conflicted.

On the one hand, Verge has sources. He hasn't majorly slipped up yet.

On the other hand, this guessing game is exhausting as peck and I'm tempted to not give a flippin' flapjack about these leaker games anymore.

Jon was right. :drflip:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Um ACHSHUALLY Banjo is part of the DK univershe as shown by the multiple points of continuity between them. Shoutouts to DK Vine
UM ACKSHUALLY Geno is part of the Mario universe but he's third-party anyway. *pushes up glasses* *describes actions in between asterisks*

Shroob

Sup?
Leave it to Sabi to make two tweets announcing a summary of things we already have heard from her.
I mean, this is 'new' in the sense that she said "Capcom is not in", but she conveniently left that part out.

That 'discredits' the guy claiming to be an NoA amby who said he had ties to her if that matters at all at this point.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
And now Sabi's going back on backing up that guy who said "No Capcom."
Sabi specifically said not to take "No Capcom" from him. Note, Tracer was also killed from the same source as that and Sabi didn't list Tracer. At the moment, Sabi seems to only be listening to their source that knew of Terry.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
ya know? sometimes I long for the days of smash 4, where I never got into the deep speculation of things and simply caught the announcements when they actually happened.

it must feel very carefree to be a casual smash fan

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
To add onto this, also not a fan of the personality cult that some of these figures generate. It’s like everyone has to subscribe to one of them in order to have a voice in Smash discussion. Those who are unsure or skeptical are usually either ignored, attacked, or laughed at. Like either they are an idiot for not knowing the common trend of Smash leaks or being “uncultured” to not following leaks. It’s silly.
I often feel afraid to say my real thoughts on these leaks because of mentalities like this.

I listen to leakers with proven sources, but I also acknowledge this info should be taken with a grain of salt. No leaker has been right forever: Somehow, some way, they mess up eventually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom