• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is my own personal speculation on Fighters Pass Fighter #5 will be. I see it as basically being between Phoenix Wright, Arle, and Waluigi.

Phoenix Wright:
Basically, the only major Capcom character left that does not have anything going against him. Resident Evil just had a spirit event. Insiders have said Dante is not Fighter #5. Monster Hunter already has content in Ultimate. Morrigan is not for good boys and girls. Phoenix Wright also has a long history of being popularly requested, and I would not be surprised if he did very well on the ballot. The Ace Attorney series is also among the few third-party franchises created after 2000 that has a strong connection with Nintendo consoles, to the point of being synonymous with Nintendo consoles. Lots of things in his favor right now.

Arle:
The only thing I really see going against Arle is that she is very obscure outside Japan. Other than that, she has a very impressive resume. She is the face of the Puyo Puyo, the most popular and iconic puzzle franchise outside of Tetris itself. There is also the suspicious fact that Super Puyo Puyo 2 was left on the SNES online catalog for even Western regions despite the game being completely in Japanese. I also find it suspicious that Jon from GamExplain (who has inside connections) constantly keeps bringing her up. The 30th-anniversary of Arle's first game appearance will also be in 2020, and that is when Fighter #5 will be released. However, I do not think the Game Awards show is the place to confirm her, and that is really what makes me doubtful on her being #5. However, if there is some sort of Nintendo Direct, then I would feel more confident about her prospects.

Waluigi:

This one might be the most controversial of the three. However, I find it really suspicious that GamExplain would upload a video talking about how Assist Trophies are not a deconfirmation (again these people have inside connections). Waluigi is basically the most well known Assist Trophy character (sorry Isaac fans), so my guess is that it would be him if one is promoted. I cannot see it being other Nintendo characters from recent titles for #5 like someone from Astral Chain or Fire Emblem Three Houses because of the same reasoning that kept Rex out (however, I do think there is a decent chance that someone from those two games will be a newcomer during Pass #2).

I think any more deconfirmations from Vergeben or Sabi will more or less give us a big idea on who the Fighters Pass will close with.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
So what are the odds that Fighter 5 doesn't even have a support thread on this website?
There is a decent chance of them not having a support thread especially if they are a character that there's no one is talking about.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
So if we are to belive that rumor that there's two post pass characters that are already spirits but not Assist Trophies, who do you think they could be?

Geno and Dixie Kong are the obvious choices.
My guesses for spirit upgrades? Rex and the Aegis, and I'm hoping Shantae.

If there's one thing KOS-MOS needs to bring with her should she make it, it's Our Xenopittan.
That takes me back. I remember that one OS-tan video that used this Song.

All in, huh? Gambling is such a thrill...
Thrill?

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Edit: Sorry. Internet hickup or something.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
A bit too late for that, it already became a guess who Game when Geno and Doom Guy got deconfirmed and even more so Lloyd.

PushDustin described how the community reacting to all these deconformations in the best way possible with this pic:View attachment 249136
Oh man thats an old one, I always love to look back at the days of Smash 4 speculation.

So much has changed, so much has stayed the same.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
You guys really blindly believing two leakers who have very spotty histories? You do know it’s possible they are being misled right?
No way! Nobody ever considered that!

Ok, I'm being a ****. I apologies. But really, yes we did. Many times. I'm sure one of the resident anti leakers that hang out in here will pop in soon and we'll relive the events of the last few days all over again

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Looks like so far, the companies that haven't been deconfirmed for FP5 (that I know of and going off a list I found on reddit) are
  • Microsoft
  • Sony
  • Square Enix
  • Capcom
  • Sega
  • Activison
  • EA
  • Valve
  • Nintendo
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • Arc System Works

Might as well rule several of them out for reasons (don't take these seriously, these are just my guesses)
  • Microsoft, Square Enix, and Sega can be ruled out since they already got their fighters (Banjo, Hero, and Joker respectively) and I don't think that a company would get 2 DLC fighters in the same pass (Post Pass, they likely will)
  • Valve can probably be excluded because they don't really have anything on a Nintendo system (if we are still going with that "must be on Nintendo" fan rule) and most of their stuff is usually on PC, Mobile, or VR with the occasional console port.
  • Activision can possibly be ruled out after that Overwatch event got canceled and just the general bad PR Activision is generating
  • EA can be ruled out because I'm pretty sure they hate Nintendo (either that or the consoles don't mesh well with EA's crap)
  • Sony can possibly be ruled out for a similar dislike for Nintendo (that one is more due to the SNES-CD thing unless things changed)
This leaves us with the following from that list
  • Capcom
  • Nintendo
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • Arc System Works
Ignoring those that have been "deconfirmed" (if you buy that) and those you mentioned...

• Idea Factory
  • NCSoft
  • Nexon
  • Jagex
  • THQ Nordic
  • Koei-Tecmo
  • Kadokawa Games
  • Riot Games
  • Marvelous
  • Natsume-Atari
  • Natsume Inc.
  • Cooking Mama Limited
  • Majesco/LMG
  • Disney/LucasArts
  • Shanghai Manjuu
  • Quintet (if it still exists in any form...)
  • Warp
  • Team Shanghai Alice
    • Other Indies

and a lot more I'm forgetting, I'm sure...

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Listen, if nobody asks Verge to disconfirm Pepsi Man, I’m gonna lose it.

You can’t drag me for 3 days making me think he’s making his Smash debut at TGA, and make everything land...

FLAT.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Oh man thats an old one, I always love to look back at the days of Smash 4 speculation.

So much has changed, so much has stayed the same.
Yeah, I knew it was old when I saw the Smash 4 logo and not the logo for Ultimate, but the pic was still too good to not use for this current situation.

Just looking at the characters, man what a time Smash 4 DLC speculation was! So much has changed since then!

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Looks like so far, the companies that haven't been deconfirmed for FP5 (that I know of and going off a list I found on reddit) are
  • Microsoft
  • Sony
  • Square Enix
  • Capcom
  • Sega
  • Activison
  • EA
  • Valve
  • Nintendo
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • Arc System Works

Might as well rule several of them out for reasons (don't take these seriously, these are just my guesses)
  • Microsoft, Square Enix, and Sega can be ruled out since they already got their fighters (Banjo, Hero, and Joker respectively) and I don't think that a company would get 2 DLC fighters in the same pass (Post Pass, they likely will)
  • Valve can probably be excluded because they don't really have anything on a Nintendo system (if we are still going with that "must be on Nintendo" fan rule) and most of their stuff is usually on PC, Mobile, or VR with the occasional console port.
  • Activision can possibly be ruled out after that Overwatch event got canceled and just the general bad PR Activision is generating
  • EA can be ruled out because I'm pretty sure they hate Nintendo (either that or the consoles don't mesh well with EA's crap)
  • Sony can possibly be ruled out for a similar dislike for Nintendo (that one is more due to the SNES-CD thing unless things changed)
This leaves us with the following from that list
  • Capcom
  • Nintendo
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • Arc System Works
Wait, was Bethesda deconfirmed?

We need a Civ rep in Smash

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ignoring those that have been "deconfirmed" (if you buy that) and those you mentioned...

• Idea Factory
  • NCSoft
  • Nexon
  • Jagex
  • THQ Nordic
  • Koei-Tecmo
  • Kadokawa Games
  • Riot Games
  • Marvelous
  • Natsume-Atari
  • Natsume Inc.
  • Cooking Mama Limited
  • Majesco/LMG
  • Disney/LucasArts
  • Shanghai Manjuu
  • Warp
  • Team Shanghai Alice
    • Other Indies

Arc System Works? Spike Chunsoft? (Ew) Nicalis?

Then there’s the obvious Capcom and Nintendo

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I heavily doubt that fighter #5 is from Nintendo and I'm 100% certain it wouldn't be a spirit upgrade even if it was.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Doom Slayer was, but I don't think the entire company was deconfirmed.
Although, the reason Doomguy was deconfirmed was because of how Sabi's source reacted to the Mii Hat leak. IIRC, they said that if the leak was real, it had nothing to do with FP5.
If FP5 was a Bethesda character, like Dragonborn or Vault Boy, a Cacodemon Hat might not be entirely out of the question. In that case, I'd consider any Bethesda character a soft deconfirm.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Wait, was Bethesda deconfirmed?

We need a Civ rep in Smash
Forgot about Bethesda actually. So used to taking them being on a list for granted...

And for 2K, my thought was Bioshock or Borderlands, but eh.
Sure... Give us Civ, then get some Black & White or AoE from MS.

Arc System Works? Spike Chunsoft? (Ew) Nicalis?

Then there’s the obvious Capcom and Nintendo
The first 2 (and Capcom/Nintendo) were mentioned in the prior post's list. The latter... Do they actually own any IPs or just utilize IPs they license elsewhere?
I'd be down for Umihara Kawase in Smash, but I don't know if they're the place to get it. >_>

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm just gonna wait and see what we get. I can guess for the fun of it, but we're never gonna succeed in narrowing down our options unless someone comes out and tells us exactly which company owns Fighter #5.

It's just way too broad.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
maxresdefault-1-1.jpg
phoenixwrightsad.jpg

My reaction images are prepped and ready to go.

If nothing else this makes me want to go back and play their old games

Night Gale

Smash Ace

• Idea Factory
  • NCSoft
  • Nexon
  • Jagex
  • THQ Nordic
  • Koei-Tecmo
  • Kadokawa Games
  • Riot Games
  • Marvelous
  • Natsume-Atari
  • Natsume Inc.
  • Cooking Mama Limited
  • Majesco/LMG
  • Disney/LucasArts
  • Shanghai Manjuu
  • Warp
  • Team Shanghai Alice
    • Other Indies

You know I got you, GK.

Mages Inc.
Nitroplus
Cygames

To name a few more.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I heavily doubt that fighter #5 is from Nintendo and I'm 100% certain it wouldn't be a spirit upgrade even if it was.
I doubt fighter #5 is reachable. Everyone is only looking for it. Right now, Namco is playing a game of trolling.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

You should have saved those pics for the appropiated moment.
Ugh, please hide that disgraceful pic of Phoenix.

The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The only right reaction image if Phoenix doesn't get in is this.

tumblr_m1ksnec8K11rq14m7o1_500.jpg

Hopefully the Miracle will happens thought.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
TFW Phoenix gets in:

Victorywv1.png

TFW Phoenix doesn't get in:

miracle.jpg

andree123

Smash Ace
Let me guess, what if the rumored fp5 character that Vergeben was talking about was a standalone dlc fighter.
You may remember that Vergeben thought that Hero will be fp1 but it turns out that fp1 is Joker instead.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 249142View attachment 249143

Here's one for if the miracle happen.
ClutteredTeemingAntelope-max-1mb.gif

Let me guess, what if the rumored fp5 character that Vergeben was talking about was a standalone dlc fighter.
You may remember that Vergeben thought that Hero will be fp1 but it turns out that fp1 is Joker instead.
That was a personal assumption, though. The FP5 rumors seem to come directly from his source.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I can understand not wanting to trust leaks, but to be honest none of this matters anyway. We are going to find out who the character is whenever we find out. Until then, just sit back and enjoy the ride by speculating whatever your heart desires.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I'm just glad I got to have a chance to make all my Nightmare posts yesterday. Even if it was for a fleeting moment, it was nice to see people appreciate the Azure Knight.
I doubt the verge leaks are accurate to this case. It’s too specific. Nightmare still has his chances.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So The Game Awards twitter account made this video and I thought it was pretty interesting

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1200512514867335168

I wonder if in case we are getting fighter 5 at the TGA will the trailer be similar to Jokers where it does not seem like its going to be a Smash trailer for a good duration of the trailer?
The trailer starts as a reveal for Ace Attorney 7, and then at the very end, Phoenix presents a Smash invitation to the court.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
reason I say ew to Nicalis is cause of the founder, whos hella racist and has been known to ghost clients

imagine if he ghosts Sakurai...

1575176784517.jpeg

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So The Game Awards twitter account made this video and I thought it was pretty interesting

I wonder if in case we are getting fighter 5 at the TGA will the trailer be similar to Jokers where it does not seem like its going to be a Smash trailer for a good duration of the trailer?
I wouldn't read too much into it. The reason why Joker only had that trailer is because development on him just started. FP5 is expected to release in January alongside the amiibo wave like the other 4 FP characters, so the character is likely far in development.

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice

It starts out as a normal Ace Attorney trailer (the ones Sakurai himself has praised so much before), when suddenly a character Presents the Smash Bros invitation to Phoenix and you know the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom