• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
DAMN
Yeah if FP5 ain't Phoenix Wright then no Capcom rep for now I guess (unless Dante post pass)
For now KOS-MOS seems like a good choice :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And resident evil rep is toast and we still yet to see

Geno would save resident evil if confirmed
I don't think that's true. A spirit chosen, presumably, before the post-pass characters is in a different situation that those chosen, presumably, afterwards.

Unless there's a third wave.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I see a Jill, a Leon, a Chris, and a Wesker but I do not see a Tyrant....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
How do we know fighter pack 5 is a capcom rep?

The resident evil spirits doesn’t necessary confirm that

And how is Phoenix high on the taple

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
This is the first time I've been shaken by such a hard deconfirmation since, like, Skull Kid and Shadow's assist trophies haha. Just like that, without any real fanfare, one of the most enormous third-party franchises Nintendo has ever played nice with is just...boom, dropped. Done. "Stop theorizing about Leon or Jill, they ain't comin', next!"

Absolutely bonkers. I was literally about to take a short nap and now I'm wide awake haha.

Really makes me wonder who they have planned for beyond the Fighter's Pass then...yeah, Capcom has oodles of great characters who could still make it in, but it's nuts to me that this probably means RE won't get any music tracks or Mii Costumes. I have no clue why this is blowing my mind so much haha I just could've sworn that either Leon or Jill would be a shoe-in.

Nintendo does work in mysterious ways indeed...

Y'all are gonna look real silly when the Capcom character ends up being Viewtiful Joe
Everyone would be furious, and it wouldn't make a lot of business sense, but I'm 100000% onboard for a Viewtiful revival via Smash Bros. But real talk, neither Phoenix nor Joe are the right answers here. The sun may have set for Resident Evil, but it's about to rise for...
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So it's not just a musical chairs game, it's a Kingsman version of musical chairs.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just like that, Resident Evil is OUT!

View attachment 248246
Feeling...odd. Not sure what to say to that.
OHHHH ****!!!

Man, dunno how to feel about this. RE was looking like one of the biggest potential series, so to see that not only are they not FP5, but might actually be disconfirmed for good? Jesus, I'm a huge Phoenix stan and I always felt he was likelier anyway, but I also love RE and it sucks to see it discarded in the lamest way - I'd want Spirits at least.

But it's looking reeeal good for old Nick.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So if Fighter 5 is indeed a Capcom character, it's either Phoenix Wright or Monster Hunter.

Not everyone's gonna be happy with that, but personally...
I'd be stunned if Monster Hunter got in. That would feel so odd and anti climatic when it would have made more sense to put them in the base roster with Rathalos

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's a rather unusual way to rule out a pretty major series. I haven't played much of Resident Evil (my experience almost entirely consists of 4 and 5 - I tried the remake of 1 on the Gamecube, but I wasn't a fan), so I'm not sure how to feel about this.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Oh man I really didn't expect this development with RE.

Well at the very least, I'm glad Resident Evil to join Smash Bros., even if it's only a spirit. I'd rather have a spirit than nothing. Hoping we could maybe get a Mii costume or song down the line.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait **** guys stop talking about Phoenix before it's too late
So I see we are jumping on the Name Curse Theory bandwagon.

...I like this one....

quick, everyone, start talking about FFAF!! Trend it, tweet it! #namecursetheory #FFAF4Smash

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, with RE spirits in Smash, there's going to be people that'll say Resident Evil was too violent for Smash now, even though it's not violent enough to not get spirits.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Damn this is a solid deconfirmation if any. Really blows since I was hoping Jill would be DLC down the line...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
First Tetris, now Resident Evil...

dang, they've really been going big with the spirit events lately, huh?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So if Fighter 5 is indeed a Capcom character, it's either Phoenix Wright or Monster Hunter.

Not everyone's gonna be happy with that, but personally...
It ain't gonna be Monster Hunter.

The Monster Hunter devs are actually really opposed to having the Hunter themselves in crossover games, because they prefer to have the focus on the monsters, not the humans. The only time this has happened was when the Hunter made it into MvC:I, and even then the MvC devs had to really twist the MonHun team's arm to get them to sign off on it.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Dudes, what a nuke. I was really specting a Resident Evil fighter. Three of the bigger characters and the main villian out. Let's move.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
How do we know fighter pack 5 is a capcom rep?

The resident evil spirits doesn’t necessary confirm that

And how is Phoenix high on the taple
Process of elimination. Dante is out for 5, Resident Evil is out for 5 and likely a good chunk of post pass DLC now, so he's the most popular character left from Capcom

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know, with RE spirits in Smash, there's going to be people that'll say Resident Evil was too violent for Smash now, even though it's not violent enough to not get spirits.
That argument's days are numbered considering it's only a matter of time before more M-oriented series make their way in.

I mean people eventually gave up on the strong Nintendo connection thing, but that was a huge point of contention for like almost a decade.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm really noticing that Nintendo is ramping up withe the DLC spirits. I mean back at launch, DLC spirit events were pretty rare but now it seems to happen every week now.

D

Deleted member

Y'know...after all the deconfirmations lately...

THIS THREAD IS PROBABLY CURSED Y'ALL

Droodle

Smash Lord
Well, the worst case scenario for me is that both Phoenix and Dante only get spirits. But it's looking likely that at least ONE of them is in... And I'd be fine with either.

Give me Chuuni Demon Killer.
Or give me Awkward Lawyer

Or...

Give me both.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
remember how speaking a character's name just ****ing murders them

yeah we just did that to resident evil by complete accident
Well, I did mention Ga-I mean that which turns characters into spirits, and suddenly we got a Resident Evil spirit event announced.

No more jokes about Ga-that which turns characters into spirits.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, the one nugget of...interesting tidbits to talk about, from a friend trying to cheer me up...

What led to the decision to make Resident Evil have spirits? Just to have those images, they would have to license them, and they’re the only 3rd party series to get the Spirit Treatment that requires licensing. Tetris, despite being 3rd party, doesn’t require licensing.

I’m not about to expect Spirits to not disconfirm. But, for what it’s worth, somebody decided that Resident Evil was worth doing a Spirit Event for.

I would say Capcom isn’t Pick 5, otherwise they’d have saved this event for after the reveal.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
some of you know Dante's my most wanted but if he's really deconfirmed for FP5 (which seems to be the case) I hope that the lawyer is FP5, that way we would have at least 1 Capcom rep which is mandatory in my opinion.
at that point and with a bit of luck we will have Dante, Monster Hunter or even Amaterasu post pass

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom