• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Folt

Smash Ace
On the "Fighters Pass must have a female'" thing...

We have like 16,5 playable females (counting Nana, Ivysaur, and the default Wii Fit Trainer, Inkling, and Mii Gunner), and if we count the rest of the gender alts & Dark Samus, it goes up to around 23,5 something females on the roster which is almost the size of the full roster of Melee. It's already extremely inclusive as far as female representation goes considering you get access to a lot of varied movesets. Any additional playable female is just gravy: It'd be cool to get one, but it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Honestly, the roster picks for Ultimate (both base and DLC) have been extremely good because a lot of them have been characters fans have been wanting for a long, long time, alongside unexpected but welcome darkhorses and a couple of oddballs with surprising clout put into a game where every character comes back, almost every stage comes back, a meaty 1P Mode and one of the best Classic Modes in a while, and character balance is at it's most balanced yet.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
"I'm not aware of any Ultimate modding that allows modifying Mii fighters' hats" + "That cacodemon model is unique" = "Still probably fake"

How did you come to that conclusion with those two points?
Yeah lol, they are quite contradictory. I will always assume every leak is fake, regardless of evidence going for it. Can't get my heart hurt again after the Grinch leak, lol.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'm..kinda doubtful of Doomguy and Geno being confirmed through this leak, if real. If the Mii Costumes are already done and being played around with, than its more likely that they'll be part of the next big Mii Costume Drop, which would be the ones released along with Terry. If Geno and/or Doomguy was in, these costumes would be releasing with them instead..so its much too soon, imho.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
So upon further reflection I feel like there is a very real possibility that this leak is real and that also Doom Slayer still isn't playable. Mostly because I don't understand how the timing would add up unless Doom Slayer is getting shadow dropped alongside Terry.

If that's the case my guess is that Geno will be a bonus character added outside of the pass (if we get a character shadow dropped or added outside of the fighter's pass Geno seems significantly more likely as a candidate to me) and the demon is simply being released alongside Terry as a mascot costume for Doom (like some other posters have said). Granted I'm just taking people's word about the demon being somewhat of a mascot given that I don't really know anything about the series.

Either that or this leak is super early and is relating the content coming in the patch AFTER Terry. But that just seems kinda crazy to me. Possible, but just seems less likely.

Still obviously also very possible that Doom Slayer is indeed playable, if this leak is legitimate. I don't really know. But it does seem like there are other possible outcomes than just what people are assuming.
Well, people were discussing in the Geno thread last week that it's quite possible that Sakurai would reveal both FP5 and the first character of the next wave together to generate hype. I could see a duo reveal of Doomslayer and Geno being a good possibility. Doomslayer to please the western fans followed by another hugely demanded character with Geno.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
There is no reason to assume these costumes would be coming with Terry. Low priority assets like Mii fighter hats aren't attached to a character dev cycle.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Just a reminder at who predicted this a couple months back. ;)
My smash ultimate dlc fighters 2.png

You heard it here first! Crash and Spyro are a dual release for the second and third fighters in Pass 2!

I'd be totally down for Geno and Doomguy, they both have the potential to be great characters in Smash imo. Plus, assuming that the 2 would be revealed at the same time, it would probably be a nuclear hype bomb.

There's also a real possibility that some random (and fairly talented) dude modded the mii costumes in just to create a fake leak. We already saw people put this amount of work (or more) on a fake leak in the past. So yeah, just a possibility to keep in mind.

If that means Shovel Knight, I'm in.
Shovel Knight is too cool to be playable in Smash now, he's getting his own Smash game instead :p

KatKit

Smash Lord
Yeah and I'm not discounting that possibility, I'm just pointing out the comparison isn't a fair one to make.

If you want my personal opinion, this would be the equivalent of if the Chocobo mii costume from Final Fantasy leaked.
It would be possible that that would merely be indicative of more FF costumes on the way or another SE character, but really it's far more likely it's a character, except instead of a potential handful, there's really only 3 possible characters (Doomguy, Falloutguy, Dovahkiin) and I'd obviously lean more on the series we know is represented.

So, until I see a return of the Geno costume or the Doomguy Helmet mii hat (or any Bethesda-owned character), I'm going to lean on it being that Doomguy is in.
I think a sizable portion of the fanbase would've said Geno confirmed if they saw the Chocobo hat back then lol.

In any case, a Doom rep is a safe bet (even though Mii costumes aren't an assured thing), but I guess we'll have to wait and see how this whole thing plays out. To the fans: good luck. And if it happens, congrats.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm..kinda doubtful of Doomguy and Geno being confirmed through this leak, if real. If the Mii Costumes are already done and being played around with, than its more likely that they'll be part of the next big Mii Costume Drop, which would be the ones released along with Terry. If Geno and/or Doomguy was in, these costumes would be releasing with them instead..so its much too soon, imho.
They work on multiple characters at once, so I assume it’s the same with whatever they plan to release with the characters. Just ‘cause they look ready doesn’t mean they won’t wait to release them.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Well, people were discussing in the Geno thread last week that it's quite possible that Sakurai would reveal both FP5 and the first character of the next wave together to generate hype. I could see a duo reveal of Doomslayer and Geno being a good possibility. Doomslayer to please the western fans followed by another hugely demanded character with Geno.
I mean sure, that is possible. However that still implies we're going to get mii costumes released with the reveal of a character. As opposed to with their release as has always been done previously. That's why the timing seems suspect to me.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice

We have like 16,5 playable females (counting Nana, Ivysaur, and the default Wii Fit Trainer, Inkling, and Mii Gunner), and if we count the rest of the gender alts & Dark Samus, it goes up to around 23,5 something females on the roster which is almost the size of the full roster of Melee. It's already extremely inclusive as far as female representation goes considering you get access to a lot of varied movesets. Any additional playable female is just gravy: It'd be cool to get one, but it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Honestly, the roster picks for Ultimate (both base and DLC) have been extremely good because a lot of them have been characters fans have been wanting for a long, long time, alongside unexpected but welcome darkhorses and a couple of oddballs with surprising clout put into a game where every character comes back, almost every stage comes back, a meaty 1P Mode and one of the best Classic Modes in a while, and character balance is at it's most balanced yet.
The Smash Ultimate dlc has not been inclusive at all as far as female characters go. It’s about things to look forward to, and there’s very clearly certain types of players being left behind in regards to that at present time.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
They work on multiple characters at once, so I assume it’s the same with whatever they plan to release with the characters. Just ‘cause they look ready doesn’t mean they won’t wait to release them.
Maybe, but I think this is the first time we've gotten a supposed DLC Leak long before they would actually be released.
Just seems suspicious to me, especially since it hints at not one, but two massively popular requests..it seems a lot like bait to me.
The Smash Ultimate dlc has not been inclusive at all as far as female characters go. It’s about things to look forward to, and there’s very clearly certain types of players being left behind in regards to that at present time.
Yeah, that's particularly due to both main character bias and most main characters being males..there are very few options for female main characters they could pull from that I'd actually care about, primarily being 2B and Jill Valentine (I'd include Morrigan..but I sadly never see her getting in..)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
In all fairness, Sakurai confirmed after the Game Awards that fighters 1, 2 and 3 were in development at the same time (Joker, Hero Banjo ofc) and we live in a world where Lucas, Roy and Ryu were suddenly dropped on the same day.

Regardless, you're completely right about the costumes. If they're in, it would be pretty bizarre to have Mii costumes now that likely wouldn't be dropping until next year if we're going by the usual schedule. That's the weirdest thing about all of this. If these are all costumes coming with Terry, it makes me terrified who else could be a costume, honestly.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean, the Advertisement has always said that all fighters will be out BY February of 2020. Not that the last character WILL COME OUT in February of 2020.

Anytime between now and February is fair game. And if they're ahead of schedule as has been speculated for a while now, and not having to worry about new modes, a December or January drop date for Fighter 5 (Doom Slayer) is entirely possible.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but I already told you that Coco would be a Crash Echo, and Jill would be a Leon Echo.
THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT THEM THERE?

Excuse my all caps rage, to anyone reading this. I'm just broken

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
In all fairness, Sakurai confirmed after the Game Awards that fighters 1, 2 and 3 were in development at the same time (Joker, Hero Banjo ofc) and we live in a world where Lucas, Roy and Ryu were suddenly dropped on the same day.

Regardless, you're completely right about the costumes. If they're in, it would be pretty bizarre to have Mii costumes now that likely wouldn't be dropping until next year if we're going by the usual schedule. That's the weirdest thing about all of this. If these are all costumes coming with Terry, it makes me terrified who else could be a costume, honestly.
Yeah, not to mention, like I said in a different reply to someone else, it seems a lot like bait to me. I mean, its Mii Costumes that are heavily hinting towards two heavily requested fan favorites. It would be one thing if it was, like, Cacodemon and a returning Rathalos Armor Mii Costume, but this is only Cacodemon & Mallow, hinting at both Doomguy and Geno.
This seems tailor made to make waves through our community, it just makes me suspicious. Lets all remember that even video leaks are suspect these days and mods do exist for Smash Ultimate already and it'd be far easier to fake a completely new Mii Costume than it would be to fake a completely original character since that would require a new moveset and all that while Mii Fighters is literally just a model swap like a lot of Smash mods already are.

Plank08

Smash Lord
If these were seperate mii costumes? Why would Doomslayer be the mii costume for the miis? And i doubt Doom would get 2 mii costumes individually, I think Doomslayer is in the game!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I am prescribing this thread a double dosage of chill pills.

Take them regularly and/or whenever your negative emotions override your reasoning.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
You know you've well crossed the point of "righteous cause" and are right into toxic territory, right?

Seriously, I think you need to step out.
C'mon. Please be nicer to her.
Doom Slayer ripped and tore her heart.
At the very least, she made us all aware of the importance of inclusion in media.

Sysreq

Smash Ace

I think it's a little unfair to tell people "be satisfied and sit down". People are free to want something and be dissatisfied. And honestly, if you have to jump through all those hoops just to come to 23.5 reps, which is not even 1/3 of the roster, I think it's more than reasonable for someone to hope for at least one more rep in the DLC. Like seriously.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing about the Cacodemon hat

Yeah, I don't see us getting ****ing Bethesda to throw their hat into the ring unless they're getting something more with it.

The ONLY way I see us getting the Cacodemon hat with nothing else tied to it is if this was meant to be a:

"Doom Eternal is out this month(RIP delays), here's a mii costume of the iconic demon with a new music track!"

Getting a 3rd party company on-board with nothing else in the game only for a Mii Costume is REALLY sus.

D

Deleted member

You know you've well crossed the point of "righteous cause" and are right into toxic territory, right?

Seriously, I think you need to step out.
Eh...eh...eh...

No words can justify my rage amd disappointment. I'm just allowing free speech. I just want to express my feelings by venting out. Had you all at least approached me in a nicer way, and not outright ordering me to step out, it would've...would've..

Tsk.

Of all times...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If these were seperate mii costumes? Why would Doomslayer be the mii costume for the miis? And i doubt Doom would get 2 mii costumes individually, I think Doomslayer is in the game!
Cacodemon is, debatably, more iconic than Doomguy himself is. Doomguy could be confused for Master Chief by more casual fans, to be honest, while Cacodemon's design is more distinct (even if stolen from D&D).
Never claimed that Doomguy would be a Mii Costume.

I also don't really believe these leaks are real, they're suspicious in how they are so tailor made for our community, teasing two highly requested fan favorites..I'm almost surprised a Shadow (Kingdom Hearts) costume wasn't part of this.

Getting a 3rd party company on-board with nothing else in the game only for a Mii Costume is REALLY sus.
Not really, even just a costume is good publicity. I mean, look at how many 3rd Parties we have in the game as just PNG files (Spirits), a Mii Fighter Costume is a step up from that.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The thing about the Cacodemon hat

Yeah, I don't see us getting ****ing Bethesda to throw their hat into the ring unless they're getting something more with it.

The ONLY way I see us getting the Cacodemon hat with nothing else tied to it is if this was meant to be a:

"Doom Eternal is out this month(RIP delays), here's a mii costume of the iconic demon with a new music track!"

We've had 3rd parties on board for less.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Cacodemon is, debatably, more iconic than Doomguy himself is. Doomguy could be confused for Master Chief by more casual fans, to be honest, while Cacodemon's design is more distinct (even if stolen from D&D).
Never claimed that Doomguy would be a Mii Costume.

I also don't really believe these leaks are real, they're suspicious in how they are so tailor made for our community, teasing two highly requested fan favorites..I'm almost surprised a Shadow (Kingdom Hearts) costume wasn't part of this.
I miss worded that sorry, I meant why would Doomslayer be the mii costume instead of the monster thing

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but this logic makes negative sense.
Persona costumes came with Joker. Dragon Quest costumes came with Hero. Banjo costumes come with Banjo.

Doom costumes, but no Doom released alongside it when it's Terry's time to shine?

1572857603010.png

If real, Doom Slayer is out of the game. For now, anyway.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man... I just want Geno. I've wanted him for so many years, for so many reasons.

Yes, there are better picks, yes, Geno fans can be pretty obnoxious, but I want nothing more than for this to happen so I can shout it from my dang rooftop. My signed Mario RPG copy on my wall wasn't meaningless.

Even if you don't want Geno, which I totally understand, just think of what else him making it in could do. Relevancy? Dead. Spirits deconfirm? Dead. All the DLC has to be from different/new IPs and companies? Dead.

We get the character we've obsessed over, we get to shut up about him, and the floodgate of possibilities opens even more.

...Assuming this is real, anyway. I swear I'm keeping my expectations in check, haha.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Persona costumes came with Joker. Dragon Quest costumes came with Hero. Banjo costumes come with Banjo.

Doom costumes, but no Doom released alongside it when it's Terry's time to shine?

View attachment 244884
I think that's why we're all inferring that Doom Slayer is imminent.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Eh...eh...eh...

No words can justify my rage amd disappointment. I'm just allowing free speech. I just want to express my feelings by venting out. Had you all at least approached me in a nicer way, and not outright ordering me to step out, it would've...would've..

Tsk.

Of all times...
I don't think anyone here is trying to be rude or mean to you. They're trying to Assist in maybe calming you down. I mean I feel like I, myself, have been very respectful to you and your approach to speculation but even I think I need to say that maybe you should step away and clear your head. Just play a game you love real quick. Calm your senses. Come back disappointed instead of angry.

I've had to take a step away too because of advancements in speculation. Trust me when I say, it's totally fine to feel this way, just don't let it get the better of you and let it start affecting the people around you.

D

Deleted member

Eh...eh...eh...

Tsk.

Of all times...
People are telling you to take a step back because you seriously need to
Being disappointed is totally reasonable, but having such an intense reaction for something that isn't even confirmed goes over the line from understandable into being straight up unhealthy
Name 1.

I mean companies, not IPs, getting an company like Bethsda in seems really weird for just a costume and nothing else.
Ubisoft
Yeah that's I got tbh

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Name 1.

I mean companies, not IPs, getting an company like Bethsda in seems really weird for just a costume and nothing else.
Ubisoft. Wayforward. Yacht Club Games. Whoever the **** makes Commander Video. Toby Fox.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom