• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
As much as I'd love Geese, he seems more fitting as some boss type character.
No he doesn't. There's no reason a normal-sized mobile human character would be a boss instead of a playable character.

Boss fights are for huge monsters that wouldn't work as a playable character.

Golden Sun and Darkstalkers need to get there games back into the limelight before they worry about reps
Alternatively...the rep comes BEFORE the games get back into the limelight. As happened with Mega Man.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
No he doesn't. There's no reason a normal-sized mobile human character would be a boss instead of a playable character.

Alternatively...the rep comes BEFORE the games get back into the limelight. As happened with Mega Man.
true enough but Megaman is such an iconic figure to Nintendo fans and gaming as a whole same with Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden if and when it get's in

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
So Vergeben is saying Ryu Hayabusa is definetely not character #5. Hmm...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So let me get this straight, KOS-MOS is now the new front runner? What did I miss?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So Vergeben is saying Ryu Hayabusa is definetely not character #5. Hmm...
To be a bit more specific: he thinks that discussions for him being post Pass DLC are possibly what leaked. He's not sure Hayabusa is coming, but he said that's the explanation that makes sense to him.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78102411?jumpto=107#107

Either way, him knowing it's not Hayabusa implies his sources already know the character or at least have an idea of who it is. Now it's a waiting game until Vergeben does something like he did for Terry.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
To be a bit more specific: he thinks that discussions for him being post Pass DLC are possibly what leaked. He's not sure Hayabusa is coming, but he said that's the explanation that makes sense to him.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78102411?jumpto=107#107

Either way, him knowing it's not Hayabusa implies his sources already know the character or at least have an idea of who it is. Now it's a waiting game until Vergeben does something like he did for Terry.
I think this will take a bit until he will have more infos. Maybe they even know who the character is but are waiting a bit more to drop the bomb at a better time, for some reasons.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think this will take a bit until he will have more infos. Maybe they even know who the character is but are waiting a bit more to drop the bomb at a better time, for some reasons.
A lot of times, the sources already knows the Character. But won't talk for the simple reasons that the info didn't watercool down enough in the company/in the circle for it to not be traceable anymore.

So, they'll have to wait, until they're sure that they cannot be traced back before usually talking.

D

Deleted member

Watch Hayabusa be Fighter #5 and Vergeben got the dates wrong again.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

how very observant of you to leave out the important part where i literally say the exact same thing in the same post

Then again, all Smash bosses tend to be larger than life.
i know i cut posts to save text space sometimes but this is just libel :4pacman:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Oh man I can't wait for KOS-MOS to get in a see people's reaction be like: "Why did they choose that blade from XC2 instead of Rex?!?!"
A pretty good timeline if you ask me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As long as Hayabusa comes eventually I don't really mind, of course that's not what Verg is saying, but if conversations did take place for his inclusion, it's hard to imagine them not going through, Tecmo are very experienced with crossovers and have a great relationship with Nintendo.

As far as #5 goes, Crash seems to be out, and the leaks saying Reimu or KOS-MOS aren't standing on very solid ground imo. We've learned a bit about who it isn't, but not much about who it is, I fully expect at least one more twist before the reveal.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Back to Reimu and KOS MOS as frontrunners? It'll be a win-win scenario.
Not to rain on the parade, but weren’t all of the rumors pointing to those characters disproven or just lucky speculation?

I don’t think we really have “frontrunners” at this point, if Hayubasa isn’t in the race anymore.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Kinda funny how Vergeben’s new findings are exactly like what the KOS-MOS cat leak said. Hayabusa moves to post pass etc I think that gives it a point in its favour but I’m still not sure about the Reimu part right now.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, at this point no one is a frontrunner in term of decent and credible leaks.
Fighter 5 could be Crash, Reimu or KOS-MOS but that doesn't necessary mean that these leaks were correct.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly, if Vergeben thinks he's post Pass, there's a good chance it's true. If Hero and B-K negotiations happened before the game launched, in 2018, there's a chance that Shifty's sources heard about him being negotiated for next season, but jumped the gun and thought Hayabusa was next, when in reality he's in for next year.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ryu Hayabusa didn't even feel like an final reveal for the Pass to begin with. I'm not surprised this was proven not to be true.

D

Deleted member

So I've never vouched for KOSMOS once in my life (because I'd rather have Xenogears and Chronicles), but she's looking pretty nice in this GIF. Wouldn't mind her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm banking on the fifth fighter being someone from Resident Evil. Gonna go with my instincts on this one.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
We're in the dark now, pretty much. Haya seems likely, but for next season. Same for the possible SE character implied by the costume leak.

But as far as Challenger Pack 5 is concerned, we're back to square one until Vergeben speaks again. Gotta say, these were some interesting few days.

Ryu Hayabusa didn't even feel like an final reveal for the Pass to begin with. I'm not surprised this was proven not to be true.
I mean... I disagree. Even if I have no attachment to him or Ninja Gaiden, Haya feels to me like the exact type of "safe" reveal they'd pull to close the Pass off, considering we have more DLC coming.

It's been said countless times, but the big curveballs usually don't come last with Nintendo.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Golden Sun and Darkstalkers need to get there games back into the limelight before they worry about reps heck Golden Sun could use a remake to test the waters and Darkstalkers could work since people want to see other Capcom Fighters that isn't street fighter
I am aware that Capcom did state that they are interested in reviving franchises which had been laying dormant for quite a while. I really do hope that they will do another entry in the Darkstalkers series as it does offer something refreshing from their fighting game department.

Anyways, so I heard that Hayabusa is possibly unlikely to be the 5th fighter am I correct?

D

Deleted member

Oh man I can't wait for KOS-MOS to get in a see people's reaction be like: "Why did they choose that blade from XC2 instead of Rex?!?!"
A pretty good timeline if you ask me.
Oh my gosh you're right.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Man, i was hoping vergeben would have said something a little more other than "no hayabusa"...

D

Deleted member

Man, i was hoping vergeben would have said something a little more other than "no hayabusa"...
DLC Fighter is probably a surprise so big even he could not say it or else all hype will vanish forevermore.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
DLC Fighter is probably a surprise so big even he could not say it or else all hype will vanish forevermore.
I hate to be that guy, but... don't rise your expectations too much. If we get another Joker, it'll probably be at the start of the next DLC wave, not now.

That said... my Capcom senses are tingling. Expecting Jill, hoping for Phoenix.

D

Deleted member

I hate to be that guy, but... don't rise your expectations too much. If we get another Joker, it'll probably be at the start of the next DLC wave, not now.

That said... my Capcom senses are tingling. Expecting Jill, hoping for Phoenix.
Me too, though I'm willing to toss my odds for my sexy succubus...

she ain't gonna be in

I know right, and I'm still losing money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom