• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I... Don't see how joking about the last time I saw someone saying this is a sign I'm too heated and need to calm down or whatever
I'unno, the way you phrased it made it sound like the Hanafuda personally killed your puppy, especially with you demanding money from me and-forget it.
Anyway, public domain characters. Who else is there?
Off the top of my head, Heracles.
1571899807474.png

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'unno, the way you phrased it made it sound like the Hanafuda personally killed your puppy, especially with you demanding money from me and-forget it.
Anyway, public domain characters. Who else is there?
Off the top of my head, Heracles.
The Guy on a Buffalo

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Let's say Ultimate only gets one more fighting game rep. What series do you want to see the most?

Assuming Tekken and Mortal Kombat will be among the most prevalent. Darkstalkers or Killer Instinct both have some tight fighters, though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Let's say Ultimate only gets one more fighting game rep. What series do you want to see the most?

Assuming Tekken and Mortal Kombat will be among the most prevalent. Darkstalkers or Killer Instinct both have some tight fighters, though.
Hard to choose between Tekken or Mortal Kombat, but I gotta go with Mortal Kombat. I hope I don't die without seeing Ryu vs. Scorpion.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Heihachi.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Guilty Gear, come on Sol Badguy!

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

Virtual-On

Or if we're restricted to traditional fighting games, then I guess SamSho.
Honorable mention to Cyberbots, Darkstalkers, and Skull Girls .

Just going off of personal preference and not taking legacy into account, I'd say it's the specific character matters as much as the series though, so I could shuffle those around depending on the choice. If we got Mina, Cham Cham, or Nakoruru for SamSho, I'd see that as an absolute win. If it was Haohmaru? Let's hit up one of the other series instead. >_>

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Never played Guilty Gear in my damn life. Sounds like it holds a lot of weight, though. Samurai Showdown has a lot of cool characters, but while I've never played it I feel like it works in the same realm as KoF and Fatal Fury so it could be seen as redundant (When there's other areas of the Fighting genre that may be less represented). That's just conjecture though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

The entire cast of Dong Dong Never Die

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1571903687460.png

I decided to check and see why exactly everyone keeps saying Mortal Kombat was banned in Japan even though that's really not the case if you did enough research around the series. Some big known place had to be behind it if so many people pass it around like a basketball.

it was goddamn wikipedia behind it all :drflip: who would've thunk it? the damn thing didn't even have a source to it, it just has it in a sentence.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Persona 4 Arena

Any "anime" fighting game would be a nice contrast to the more realistic ones we have, like ArcSystemWorks games or Darkstalkers. So... Blazblue?

Tekken also would be cool.

D

Deleted member

DARKSTALKERS. GUILTY GEAR. BLAZBLUE. TEKKEN

Any of the three and I'll be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Persona 4 Arena

Any "anime" fighting game would be a nice contrast to the more realistic ones we have, like ArcSystemWorks games or Darkstalkers. So... Blazblue?
Obviously, the one true answer is Dragon Ball FighterZ.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Don't think it's going to happen, but an actual KOF rep would be nice.

I am saying I want Kyo Kusanagi.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't think it's going to happen, but an actual KOF rep would be nice.

I am saying I want Kyo Kusanagi.
Perhaps next game he'll get a rising chance to shine. After Terry, it pretty much has to be Kyo, no matter what Nakoruru stans tell you.:nifty:

As much as I'd love Geese, he seems more fitting as some boss type character. Then again, all Smash bosses tend to be larger than life.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

Skullgirls, I want Filia

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Darkstalkers.

Nintendo should totally show the series some love since Capcom apparently wants little to do with it any more (besides throwing Morrigan and Felicia into the occasional crossover).

D

Deleted member

Darkstalkers.

Nintendo should totally show the series some love since Capcom apparently wants little to do with it any more (besides throwing Morrigan and Felicia into the occasional crossover).
The amount of Darkstalkers comments here brings so much of a smile to my face.

D

Deleted member

It's funny as **** to me, the thread's Guilty Gear stan as a crossover between the two was planned by when SEGA bought out Sammy, which Arcsys used to be part of, plans got scrapped. Shame really
Look at all that missed potential.

Technically Darkstalkers is the equivalent of Golden Sun when it comes to fans demanding a new game.

D

Deleted member

"Darkstalkers Are Not Dead", they said...

Capcom did say they were reviving their old franchises and that was the first franchise I saw at the Twitter comments.

If you were to ask me, people are gonna riot if Darkstalkers got a rep before Golden Sun.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Capcom did say they were reviving their old franchises and that was the first franchise I saw at the Twitter comments.

If you were to ask me, people are gonna riot if Darkstalkers got a rep before Golden Sun.
Golden Sun and Darkstalkers need to get there games back into the limelight before they worry about reps heck Golden Sun could use a remake to test the waters and Darkstalkers could work since people want to see other Capcom Fighters that isn't street fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom