• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Me too, though I'm willing to toss my odds for my sexy succubus...

she ain't gonna be in

I know right, and I'm still losing money!
i waste money for the completionist factor

i could hate the fighter's guts for all i care but i still gotta have them in my roster to 100% the game or else i die. i can't explain it i will just die.

D

Deleted member

i could hate the fighter's guts for all i care but i still gotta have them in my roster to 100% the game or else i die. i can't explain it i will just die.
Pretty much. No Smash game is complete for me if I don't have all the fighters. It's like how Melee isn't Melee until you finally unlock Game & Watch. Ultimate wont be Ultimate until I have all the DLC fighters, even Piranha Plant, though I thankfully preordered him.

D

Deleted member

Fighter 5 is a completely awesomesauce character.

no fear

Fighter 5 will break the game harder than Smash 4 Bayo or Brawl MK.

one fear

Watch your all wrong and its Agumon.
Yeah, c'mon Nintendo! We already have Console Wars, SNK Vs Capcom 3, and now let's settle the Mon wars once and for all!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If not Phoenix, I hope the last fighter is any of the many exciting Capcom characters on the table. Jill, Leon, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Ammy, or even curveballs like Morrigan, Chun-Li, Tron Bonne, Arthur, or Wesker.

I'm crossing my fingers for Phoenix, 2B, or Heihachi, but man, we really could get anything! Ezio, Reimu, and KOS-MOS are still on the table! Sol Badguy could come out of nowhere! We could even get a first-party like Officer Howard! We just don't know! This is hype.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure Agumon stans won't threaten me or send people gore pics of dead babies so that won't happen
Yeah. They'll just send you food picks or something, and that's delicious.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If not Phoenix, I hope the last fighter is any of the many exciting Capcom characters on the table. Jill, Leon, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Ammy, or even curveballs like Morrigan, Chun-Li, Tron Bonne, Arthur, or Wesker.

I'm crossing my fingers for Phoenix, 2B, or Heihachi, but man, we really could get anything! Ezio, Reimu, and KOS-MOS are still on the table! Sol Badguy could come out of nowhere! We could even get a first-party like Officer Howard! We just don't know! This is hype.
Definitely latching on the unsafe curveball of doom and low probability.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dovahkiin and Chosen Undead are two other characters no one would expect. The latter especially being Namco.

Same with an Tales rep besides Lloyd like Yuri or Velvet. Imagine if it was Velvet. Bird theory would had been indeed right all along!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Dovahkiin and Chosen Undead are two other characters no one would expect. The latter especially being Namco.

Same with an Tales rep besides Lloyd like Yuri or Velvet. Imagine if it was Velvet. Bird theory would had been indeed right all along!
... Wasn't Bird leak confirmed to be about another game though? Not Smash related at all?

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman

As far as a tales rep, I think it’s limited to who appeared on Nintendo consoles, so unfortunately velvet would be ruled out (as of now at least)

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Jill Dante and Chun-li would be my dream Capcom picks one to complete the street fighter trio one to fight bayo and Jill could hopefully bring a squad with her that being Chris Clarie and Leon

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Assumption that cames from the Isaac support thread: what if the absence of any credible leak can be explained by the fact that so few people know who it is, therefore leading to a character from Nintendo itself?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I do legitimately think the last Fighters Pass character is a Namco one, but not sure if it's Lloyd or KOS-MOS...

D

Deleted member

Assumption that cames from the Isaac support thread: what if the absence of any credible leak can be explained by the fact that so few people know who it is, therefore leading to a character from Nintendo itself?
The absence of any credible leak is because Vergeben hasn't said anything yet.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Sakurai is gonna surprise us once more and it'll be Agumon.
Come on, iDOLM@STER...

But yeah... I suspect either Heihachi or KOS-MOS if it's Namco, and the latter is probably the best of the plausible choices, I suppose (while I'm not really into the former at all).

More SEGA is what I'd really like to see though. Everyone seems to gravitate toward Bamco or Capcom, but I'd love to see Ulala, Beat, Adel/Edge, NiGHTS, Sakura Shinguji, or any Phantasy Star representation over pretty much anything the other companies have. And that's an abbreviated list.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
If Namco got some more characters I'd wanna see
KosMos Lloyd Jin Bonus throw mis pac man in there

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Come on, iDOLM@STER...

But yeah... I suspect either Heihachi or KOS-MOS if it's Namco, and the latter is probably the best of the plausible choices, I suppose (while I'm not really into the former at all).

More SEGA is what I'd really like to see though. Everyone seems to gravitate toward Bamco or Capcom, but I'd love to see Ulala, Beat, Adel/Edge, NiGHTS, Sakura Shinguji, or any Phantasy Star representation over pretty much anything the other companies have. And that's an abbreviated list.
Sega has enough to make its own Smash. Eggman, Arle, Alis Landale, Axel or Blaze, the Gunstars... Hatsune Miku...

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Wait if we get Kos-Mos can we get T-elos too? If this can't work then please explain I know nothing about the Xenosaga games

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I really hope it’s Jill, and I hope they redo Ridley’s reveal trailer so that when Ridley pops up from under the bridge, and before he attacks Samus, he gets pummeled by rockets from Jill’s Rocket Launcher. I mean, Ridley could pass for a Zombie so maybe she thinks Ridley is one so she attacks him to save Samus. That would an awesome trailer even though they already did a redo with Banjo/K. Rool reveal trailer.

D

Deleted member

Unless its Akira from AC, new Pokemon or someone from 3H, it seems that the options seem quite limited. Still think its all third party.
Wait if we get Kos-Mos can we get T-elos too? If this can't work then please explain I know nothing about the Xenosaga games
That would be a dream scenario.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Let's say Ultimate only gets one more fighting game rep. What series do you want to see the most?

Assuming Tekken and Mortal Kombat will be among the most prevalent. Darkstalkers or Killer Instinct both have some tight fighters, though.
An ArcSys rep.

Most of the other companies can offer characters from other genre, but an ArcSys fighter (or beat-em-up character, for you River City/Double Dragon fans) would be wayyy different from the three fighters we have.

In a perfect world, they'd take up their own slots, being as similar as Fox and Falco at most. She can also be an echo, but realistically, she'd probably be a palette swap. Twice, if we got Elma as well.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Does he know if fighter #75 is female at least lol
He hasn't said anything about who it is yet. He might be just waiting for the okay from his sources. Either way, the speed he was able to confirm (in this case, disconfirm) things means information is flowing faster, which, imo, implies some news drop as soon as the first few days of November.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If it's female then I'm guessing KOS-MOS or Arle.

Also has anyone noticed that John from GameXplain has been suspiciously pushing Arle really hard as of recently?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
If we got Double Dragon and River City Ransom we could get 2 characters each
Billy and Jimmy Kunio and Riki

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Also has anyone noticed that John from GameXplain has been suspiciously pushing Arle really hard as of recently?
Well there is that Tetris spirit event we are getting tomorrow.... :dr^_^:

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

I'm not getting my hopes up because we already got one Sega character in the Pass, but... I can't lie, it would please me. I wouldn't care if Arle came now or next season, but she's my most wanted from Sega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom