• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nicalis is a scummy company but I don't think Quote or Pixel deserves to be excluded for it. I know I probably sound stupid, I just don't want to let a bad owner get in the way of a great character. Activision is awful yet I still want to see Crash. Bethesda has been awful lately but I still want to see Dragonborn.

I completely agree, she seems like way more of a base game addition, and I don't think they'd put her in a pass full of heavy-hitter third parties.

Some people still believe in the Milk-BOSATU leak, but everything is all over the place right now.
Sorry but I have to disagree here on a fundamental level. Bethesda's been awful for the past decade or so, not 'lately'

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Let's say Ultimate only gets one more fighting game rep. What series do you want to see the most?

Assuming Tekken and Mortal Kombat will be among the most prevalent. Darkstalkers or Killer Instinct both have some tight fighters, though.
Scorpion. 100 times Scorpion.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The only thing really hinting at the possibility of a November 6th Terry release is timing alongside an old rumor that said he was coming that day along with a tease of the final character (who was Phoenix Wright). Nintendo has been posting more "get hype for Terry" posts lately too, so they could be gearing up for his release.

I also think November 13th is likely as well as it correlates with the Amiibo dates.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Bethesda has been trash for the better part of it's existence now. I lost all interest in the next Elder Scrolls as soon as they said they're not ditching that god damn fossil of a game engine they won't let go of. It's unacceptable to have entire questlines glitch and lock you out of them. My last playthrough of Fallout 4 had both the Minutemen and Brotherhood of Steel factions glitched and couldn't be progressed. The Institute thinks toilets make for good armor and the Railroad saves glorified toasters parading themselves around as people so I wasn't helping either of those losers.

Luckily I fixed the BoS questline later on. Either way **** Bethesda.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If we got Double Dragon and River City Ransom we could get 2 characters each
Billy and Jimmy Kunio and Riki
Could see that as well with just about any two player co-op game with identically playing characters:

Kunio+Riki [River City Ransom]
Billy Lee+Jimmy Lee [Double Dragon]
Bill Rizer+Lance Bean [Contra]
Rash+Zitz [Battletoads]
Captain Toad+Toadette [Treasure Tracker]

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Let's say Ultimate only gets one more fighting game rep. What series do you want to see the most?

Assuming Tekken and Mortal Kombat will be among the most prevalent. Darkstalkers or Killer Instinct both have some tight fighters, though.
Scorpion for sure. Made my most wanted list when Ultimate was announced and he's still there

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
They do indeed own Cave Story due to messing with the contract as they knew the creator wasn't fluent in English. Binding of Isaac however is American made so they couldn't pull a fast one on the owner
Damn, so if Sakurai wanted Quote he might have to deal with that racist d-bag. Doesn't affect my want for Quote at all, but it might be a hit against his chances.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Damn, so if Sakurai wanted Quote he might have to deal with that racist d-bag. Doesn't affect my want for Quote at all, but it might be a hit against his chances.
CEO of Nicalis has been known to ghost his clients and partners too. He would totally leave Sakurai on read

And you don’t leave Sakurai on read

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why do we think that the next dlc is a female character exactly? I haven’t seen anything in this.
Two rumors and a lot of hope.

Reimu and KOS-MOS.

Though, with my vague understanding of the pre-blade Xeno games (Correct me if I'm wrong), if KOS-MOS got in that would mean
The Bible is now part of the Super Smash Bros. canon

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Bethesda has been trash for the better part of it's existence now. I lost all interest in the next Elder Scrolls as soon as they said they're not ditching that god damn fossil of a game engine they won't let go of. It's unacceptable to have entire questlines glitch and lock you out of them. My last playthrough of Fallout 4 had both the Minutemen and Brotherhood of Steel factions glitched and couldn't be progressed. The Institute thinks toilets make for good armor and the Railroad saves glorified toasters parading themselves around as people so I wasn't helping either of those losers.

Luckily I fixed the BoS questline later on. Either way **** Bethesda.
You might be able to find some enjoyment from this song, then.

I also think November 13th is likely as well as it correlates with the Amiibo dates.
But on the other hand, Banjo did come out before the nearest amiibo release, so it's really not a sure-fire way to rely on those.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I would be SUPER MEGA EXCITED if the last character ends up being KOS-MOS
The only real problem I'm seeing is her inclusion now would mean 3 RPG FIGHTERS IN THE FIGHTERS PASS which is a little bit too much methinks (which is why I still believe Doom Slayer or some other under-repped video game genre character will get the last spot...)
I, HOWEVER, am a HUGE RPG addict, so i absolutely wouldn't mind lol keep 'em coming

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone who's followed Nicalis for some time knew Tyrone wasn't ever an example of an upstanding human, recent reports have just shown the extent of his ****headedness.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It scares me to imagine what would happen to someone who did that to Sakurai.
It would make Kirby consider them "a meanie". And we all know what Kirby does to meanies.

Ask Nightmare, Dark Matter, Zero, Star Dream and Void Termina. Oh wait, you cant'.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Could see that with as well with just about any two player co-op game with identically playing characters:

Kunio+Riki [River City Ransom]
Billy Lee+Jimmy Lee [Double Dragon]
Bill Rizer+Lance Bean [Contra]
Rash+Zitz [Battletoads]
Captain Toad+Toadette [Treasure Tracker]
Hope we get River City and Double Dragon along with Guilty Gear in the game if dlc sells well they can go on as long as they want

They do indeed own Cave Story due to messing with the contract as they knew the creator wasn't fluent in English. Binding of Isaac however is American made so they couldn't pull a fast one on the owner
Wow... absolutely ****ing disgusting. **** them.

It scares me to imagine what would happen to someone who did that to Sakurai.
He'd go Super Sayian

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Nicalis is a scummy company, but I don't think Quote or Pixel deserve to be excluded for it. I know I probably sound stupid, I just don't want to let a bad owner get in the way of a great character. Activision is awful yet I still want to see Crash. Bethesda has been awful lately but I still want to see Dragonborn.
I mean at least they didn't steal the rights to the characters and gave no financial participation off of rereleases and other sales.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It would make Kirby consider them "a meanie". And we all know what Kirby does to meanies.

Ask Nightmare, Dark Matter, Zero, Star Dream and Void Termina. Oh wait, you cant'.
If we consider the entire Kirby series as an expression of Sakurai's psyche, the dude's really ****ed up underneath that calm facade.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
If we consider the entire Kirby series as an expression of Sakurai's psyche, the dude's really ****ed up underneath that calm facade.
In all honesty it's probably true to a degree, this man's mental endurance is like no other. A god among men.

I do legitimately think the last Fighters Pass character is a Namco one, but not sure if it's Lloyd or KOS-MOS...
It's gonna be The Prince of All Cosmos

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
On the topic of KOS-MOS, looking back at the Xenosaga box arts, I could see her being the 5th DLC as the DLC fighter background color could match with a green-ish hue [similar to Piranha Plant, and due to a video posted on twitter a few weeks ago by someone inspecting the Fighters page of the official SSBU site, and revealing that behind the fifth dlc spot (which has a black rectangle with a question mark in the center), by inspecting the page and removing the rectangle, the background color for that spot revealed to be a green similar to Piranha Plant's]. Can't remember who exactly was it that posted it, but the process was fairly simple.

1. Go to the following link, Fighters Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2. There, scroll down and right click over the rectangle with the question mark (the one next to Terry) among the DLC Fighters.
3. Then select Inspect Element, and on the already highlighted line, click on the icon with three dots (...) on said line to collapse a small sub-section of said line.
4. Within that sub-section, click on the icon with three dots (...) that says <span class="fighter-list__btn">[...]</span>
5. By clicking and collapsing yet another subsection, select the line that says <div class="fighter-list__img">[...]</div> and delete it.

After deleting the aforementioned line, you will notice that the rectangle next to terry now has a background color similar (if not the same) as Piranha Plant. The color may be a placeholder, OR it may be the actual background color to be used for the 5th DLC fighter. In another thread I mentioned that the color would fit well with Rayman being possibly Fighter #5, but again, KOS-MOS could fit that color as well.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
On the topic of KOS-MOS, looking back at the Xenosaga box arts, I could see her being the 5th DLC as the DLC fighter background color could match with a green-ish hue [similar to Piranha Plant, and due to a video posted on twitter a few weeks ago by someone inspecting the Fighters page of the official SSBU site, and revealing that behind the fifth dlc spot (which has a black rectangle with a question mark in the center), by inspecting the page and removing the rectangle, the background color for that spot revealed to be a green similar to Piranha Plant's]. Can't remember who exactly was it that posted it, but the process was fairly simple.

1. Go to the following link, Fighters Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2. There, scroll down and right click over the rectangle with the question mark (the one next to Terry) among the DLC Fighters.
3. Then select Inspect Element, and on the already highlighted line, click on the icon with three dots (...) on said line to collapse a small sub-section of said line.
4. Within that sub-section, click on the icon with three dots (...) that says <span class="fighter-list__btn">[...]</span>
5. By clicking and collapsing yet another subsection, select the line that says <div class="fighter-list__img">[...]</div> and delete it.

After deleting the aforementioned line, you will notice that the rectangle next to terry now has a background color similar (if not the same) as Piranha Plant. The color may be a placeholder, OR it may be the actual background color to be used for the 5th DLC fighter. In another thread I mentioned that the color would fit well with Rayman being possibly Fighter #5, but again, KOS-MOS could fit that color as well.
I think someone confirmed that it's the exact same hex as the Plant's background, and therefor probably just the site reusing assets in the absence of placeholders.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about this yesterday right after I posted my question regarding fighter 5, but I didn't want to retype the whole thing to fit this in (and it started some decent discussion).
But here's a question for everyone: do you think Banjo and Kazooie have thrown off our prediction radar? I feel like they were always a pie in the sky pick, and our predictions always seemed a lot...safer before. As soon as they were announced, it seemed like everyone started throwing out weirder and weirder shiz.

I know there is no method to Sakurai's madness, but I've spent a lot of time on Smash forums and I hardly ever saw Hayabusa talked about, KOS-MOS and Reimu were seen a little, and Doomguy had an alright following. But picks like Lloyd, Crash, Rayman, and Geno - less left-fieldish picks, if you will - were talked about and "leaked" the most.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
With Hayabusa out of the way for now, I feel a lot more comfortable saying that a Resident Evil character is looking hella likely now. I'm not a gambling woman, but assuming that this was planned to be the last piece of DLC for a while, the biggest Japanese franchise not already represented in Smash feels like the perfect way to round things off. I dunno, I feel like RE is one of those franchises that's too important to ignore, kinda like Dragon Quest in a way.

Since we know Hayabusa is probably coming eventually, when do you think he'll show up? Do you think he'll be the first post-pass character or do you think we'll see him even later? With how early we're hearing about him, I can totally see him showing up sooner rather than later.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Since we know Hayabusa is probably coming eventually, when do you think he'll show up?
It's almost impossible to say, really. Someone mentioned a page or so back that Shifty claimed Hayabusa would be DLC 5, but be may have caught wind of post-pass DLC information. The interesting thing about that is that Shifty originally said Ryu would be DLC 4. But when Terry was revealed he doubled down and said Hayabusa would come following Terry. Seems strange, to say anything.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'll just leave this here:

Kirby Lore is an amazing series, btw, I reccommend it.

Since we know Hayabusa is probably coming eventually, when do you think he'll show up? Do you think he'll be the first post-pass character or do you think we'll see him even later? With how early we're hearing about him, I can totally see him showing up sooner rather than later.
Hayabusa kinda seems like the Terry of the next season. Legacy character, new company, relatively "safe" pick if you know your video game/Nintendo history.

Remember: Hero and B-K were first leaked almost a year before their reveals. So even if negotiations were discovered now, we may wait a while before Hayabusa actually appears in the game.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Depends on when Ryu was negotiated I guess.
We had to wait about (half) a year or so before we finally saw the Microsoft and Square Enix characters that where rumoured for so long, so if all the Ryu negotiations happened fairly recently, we'll probably have to wait sometime next year to finally see him in action I suppose...

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I'm really feeling Doom Slayer for #5.

Could be Jill or Leon, could be Lloyd, could be Dante, but I'm feeling pretty strongly that it's the time for DOOM.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If it is an Resident Evil character I think it'll be Leon. Just going off the timeline of Resident Evil 2. I would LOVE for it to be both Leon and Jill but I'd prefer Leon and would be totally on board with Jill too. What I'm saying is a Resident Evil character CAN'T be a bad choice.

I think the last characters is actually either Doom Slayer though MAYBE Ezio. I hear AC is pretty damn popular in Japan.

If it isn't Ezio or Doom Slayer though and it is a Japanese companies character I hope they take more if a Western approach for this next pass or whatever. I'd love to finally see Ezio, Doom Slayer, Lara Croft and more get their time in the Sun.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So let's get this straight...

Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hyabusa, Reimu, KOS-MOS and Geno are all potential characters with the females possibly being the next one.

That's nearly a whole new fighter pass right there.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I could see Hayabusa being revealed as #2 in the post-fighter pass edition, maybe April-ish if Sakurai/Nintendo have a somewhat consistent pattern of 2.5 or 3 months of release between characters. But its anyone's guess, I just hope he really gets in.

Resident Evil would be rad, gotta go with my boy Leon S. Kennedy though.

KatKit

Smash Lord
The only thing really hinting at the possibility of a November 6th Terry release is timing alongside an old rumor that said he was coming that day along with a tease of the final character (who was Phoenix Wright). Nintendo has been posting more "get hype for Terry" posts lately too, so they could be gearing up for his release.

Another feasible date: November 25th. It's the day Fatal Fury released. Personally, I think it'll happen on the 17th, but I'd prefer if it came out before that lol.

If KOS-MOS got in that would mean

I'll have you know that the Devil is a biblical character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hyabusa, Reimu, KOS-MOS and Geno are all potential characters with the females possibly being the next one.

You're freaking right.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Two rumors and a lot of hope.

Reimu and KOS-MOS.

Though, with my vague understanding of the pre-blade Xeno games (Correct me if I'm wrong), if KOS-MOS got in that would mean
Don’t see the problem. Not like they have to mention she is Mary. Just call her KPX and state she’s an anti gnosis weapon. Those are her most common aliases. Plus, Simon and Richter use holy water etc not sure why Nintendo would take any issue with that. Xenoblade already deals with many themes from Xenosaga as well.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman

It’s literally all a guessing game at this point, while these characters have apparently been talked about at least, nothing’s set in stone. I remember before release there were a lot of characters (Jill, Geno off the top of my head) being talked about but have yet to be in the game as of yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don’t see the problem. Not like they have to mention she is Mary. Just call her KPX and state she’s an anti gnosis weapon. Those are her most common aliases. Plus, Simon and Richter use holy water etc not sure why Nintendo would take any issue with that. Xenoblade already deals with many themes from Xenosaga as well.
It's not a problem. Just amusing is all.

Heck, we could say that the entire Universal Classic Monster series is canon to Smash given that's where Castlevania draws most of it's monster designs.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
The one big KOS-MOS leaker from Jeuxvideo claims he just got lucky guesses, and the doujin leak isn't really even a leak so much as it is just a series of events that may or may not be coincidences. Most people have completely dismissed it due to misinfo about the leaker supposedly lying when he didn't, but even without that it's not the most credible leak. Still, Reimu seems more likely, but I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom