• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I personally don't expect two fighting game characters in a row. I think Elderly Ryu is more likely for post-Pass.

Elderly Ryu is the face and poster boy of Tekken. Jin will never get in over him.
That's why I said I wanna see I don't care if he ain't likely it's a hope not a i expect this

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Everytime I read KOS-MOS I feel bad inside me. She was the only blade I didn't unlock in Xenoblade 2 after 130 hours. Maybe I will return to the game to try again and unlock her, lol.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well there is that Tetris spirit event we are getting tomorrow.... :??:
I don't mean to feed into conspiracies... Buuuuuut...

John has proved several times in the past that he has a wealth of insider knowledge, he's hinted at Ridley, Isabelle, a DQ Hero, he got all of the Final Fantasy games predicted down to a tee and even excluded 8 specifically, and considering he's been pushing Arle a lot out of nowhere as of recently, I'm beginning to wondering if he actually knows...

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

John has proved several times in the past that he has a wealth of insider knowledge, he's hinted at Ridley, Isabelle, a DQ Hero, he got all of the Final Fantasy games predicted down to a tee and even excluded 8 specifically, and considering he's been pushing Arle a lot out of nowhere as of recently, I'm beginning to wondering if he actually knows...
He does have insider info but he's very coy with it

SNEKeater

Smash Master

He definitely had some info on these characters. He's only talking about Arle?
I'm asking that because if he continues to do that it could be a little suspicious. He's not leaking characters like others, but I don't know, this is not the first time people talks about him hinting multiple characters. I'm sure he's aware that some people knows this and maybe he should try to be more careful.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point I'm expecting someone big but surprising.

So until Vergeben speaks out otherwise on a different character I'm gonna say Agumon.

We should keep an open mind about that given we never would had thought:ultjoker:and Terry.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
He does have insider info but he's very coy with it
Sorta, he's actually blatant about it but he's VERY subtle when going about it and as a result it can go over the heads of a lot of people, but since I have a similar style of humor to him I kinda see right through it and I can usually see when he's hinting at something.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Sega has enough to make its own Smash. Eggman, Arle, Alis Landale, Axel or Blaze, the Gunstars... Hatsune Miku...
They really do. Several months ago, someone actually posted a Smash-sized roster just using Sega characters and I was still left going, "Yeah, but you're missing x, y, and z..."

I... don't necessarily have faith in modern Sega to pull off its own Smash, but conceptually I'd be more than down for it.

At this point I'm expecting someone big but surprising.
Doshin. >_>

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

People have noticed that Sega has been pushing the Puyo Puyo franchise a lot lately, especially on Switch there are like three different games on it.
So who knows I suppose.

Would be great to finally get a unique character from a puzzle game though...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, Arle is in my top ten most-wanted and the reason I came back to Smashboards, so...I'd be pleased. Puyo Puyo Tetris really revitalized the Puyo Puyo series in the west and she's a big request from Japan, so...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Puyo Puyo Tetris has seemed to exceeded SEGA's expectations considering how much they've been pushing the franchise over here, I would not be surprised if they wanted to use Smash to capitalize on it's rising Western popularity as well as it being a cultural phenomenon over in Japan (They legit have festivals and dedicated tournaments for it over there and it's pretty mainstream there)

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I think the issue with the "no getting political" excuse was it's incredibly inconsistent with what we've seen in the past. We've seen players make political statements before and Blizzard did nothing about it (which they honestly should do. Your employment shouldn't be threatened because you've used your right to be politically active). The difference between then and now is those political messages didn't offend the totalitarian government of a mass market Blizzard trying to break into.
Their contract said they could dq/ban for anything that makes them look bad. It's carte blanche to ban anyone they want.
https://gyazo.com/7a365f663ef94ea003ab2d3fccdfee0b

According to the insider at NoA, Crash and Tracer aren't in. At least for the 5th Fighter's Pass spot.
View attachment 242783
So This Happened In Sabi's discord... Thoughts?
I mean, it's not like all the future DLC ever is totally set in stone with Sakurai's comments of "wanting to continue on this record as long as possible", and if NoA would be 100% in on the know like Japan is?
If they're not sure why he said it, why wouldn't they just ask?
Reimu breakdown

It sounds like this person is merely saying that this is the rumor. He or she isn't making any claims as to the veracity of said rumor. I also can't tell if that rumor is a rumor originates from fan speculation or from someone claiming to be a leaker.
Both leaks that mention doujin circles composing new Touhou remixes are 100% confident the remixes are for Smash.
Source(s)?
WELL this is a potentially interesting development:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630974643091537940/635914583218978825/papagenossabi.PNG

“Front runners” being Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, possibly Doom Slayer and/or Resident Evil character...
The source saying not to back Ryu Hayabusa or Crash for DLC5 is the source who told sabi DLC4 was Terry.

View attachment 242997
Why should anyone trust Sabi when she's admitted to lying in the past?
Sabi and her merry band of pot-stirrers aren't, like, malicious or anything, but c'mon...

Or queen, whatever.

You know what?

I'm out. You guys enjoy the ride. But rocking back and forth too much makes me sick. I'll see everyone in November.
Plus the whole admitting to lying to get Vergeben to comment.
Can you PM it or should I not be in the loop? I'll keep a secret.

Sorry, but if you're trying to make the evidence force your narrative, you're gonna be beyond frustrated with Smash speculation. I've read enough on the Grinch leak to understand this.

Though, I don't understand why you wont buy second season even if it included characters like 2B or Lara Croft.
Sabi isn't a bad person guys, she's not trying to bait anyone and as a person who works closely with her I can also back up her C&D is legitimate and she sent me documentation from lawyers as proof.

Please stop conspiring about her, she's just as curious as we are and I can say with 100% certainty that she can be trusted.

That is all.
Lol it's ok everybody, there are secret reasons you can trust Sabi.
Sabi clarified some stuffs:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-ha-ha-geno-1-in-multi-discord-poll.446378/page-1542#post-23610967

nothing about the Terry stuff and the lie about Vergeben, though. I'll just chalk it up as being mistakes.

It's likely not real, but I'll be happy with a Minecraft stage even if I'd be disappointed in Steve not being a fighter. A full-body mii costume will suck, though, because either it will have weird bendy yet still blocky limbs, or it won't even be like Minecraft at all except for Steve's head; and I can guarantee some people who tried to gatekeep Steve will complain if they don't want to look like hypocrites since some of their arguments also apply to this stuff (despite said, certain arguments being 100% based on their own opinion so it was just stupid to try and push them as actual arguments to annoy people).
After talking to some people I think Sabi... just slipped up. I'm still wary of her, I think she has a loose lip, her C&D is fishy without a doubt, from the outside looking in it looks like she's just playing with us, but I think she's sincere. She messed up and backpedaled but the reason why is because her new source is the best of the best apparently.

If anyone knows the character it's them and if they aren't giving out the name and just saying who it isn't, it probably puts Sabi in a weird place. Especially since Hayabusa's name has been flying around all of Fighter Pass Speculation. I'm willing to bet Hayabusa is a Hero situation and comes after Pack 5.
Lying isn't a mistake, unless you mean in the sense that she regrets lying.
Listen dude, if anyone's suspect of Sabi it's me. You can tell from my last 10 or so posts that I don't like her situation. It seems way too convenient. So, why would I do a complete 180 without a reason?

I'm just saying that maybe, just MAYBE she isn't doing this on purpose. I talked to someone who knows her and it seems like she's not sending us on a wild goose chase intentionally, she just jumped the gun with Hayabusa. We'll see but... I painted her as a villain for a second there but now that I've heard the ends and outs, I'm starting to think that maybe the whole thing isn't so ridiculous.
Well, she lied on purpose. Regardless, what good reason does anyone have to trust your judgment or your word? Everybody who isn't in on these secret excuses is right to distrust her.
MvCI did one big thing wrong, took its audience for granted. It slapped old character assets into an engine and art style that did not mesh, and held back the most interesting characters for DLC because it got overconfident thinking if they make it people will come. Dragon ball Fighterz coming along and kicking it in the teeth was the last thing it was prepared for, and it suffered on every level by the comparison— I admit this and I actually like MvCI.

Smash has never had this problem from what I’ve seen. Smash on a bad day still gives respect to every character and franchise it encompasses, and has ( albeit slowly) started to appreciate its attention in fighting game circles.
...Smash versions of a lot of characters aren't very true to their source material. Is that not disrespect?
decided to check this guys' other videos

looks like we got another literal who (for western audiences) on the radar
Dude, Shiren the Wanderer is cool. I've talked about him before.
Sometimes I honestly wonder who else here (like me) didn't actually buy the Pass or any individual fighter yet.
I don't even own the game, and I don't plan to buy it unless certain conditions are met.
let's get all the white-haired characters in Geralt Dante 2b Jeanne (Bayo Echo)
Come on Lloyd Irving or Velvet Crowe, or any Tales rep please!
White-haired character...
Tales character...
Anyway, fun time with another game by Gwen. You get to add any newcomer from any new potential franchise for a total of 5 characters, but there's a catch! They can NOT be the main character at all. If, for example, you wanted a Soul Calibir character, you'd have to ditch Nightmare and chose say, Amy instead.
Does Rondoline count?
Here’s a fun game, so every Ultimate stage has special cameos in it, so pick 5 characters that would cameo in the stage of your most wanted, like for example
In a LBP stage, I would want the Garden King, Negetivitron, Toggle, Oddsock, and Swoop to cameo in it
Character: Skull Kid
Stage: Clock Town
Cameos:
  • Tingle
  • Jim
  • Gorman
  • Happy Mask Salesman
  • ??? (Toilet Hand)
Selfish cameo picks: Anju and Kafei decursed
Most wanted Nintendo villain?

Give me Hades and I'll literally not ask for anything else ever.
Skull Kid
Who do you guys want as your most wanted? No rules. No BS. Your desires.
  • Skull Kid
  • Neku
  • Whipsword user (e.g., Rondoline, Byleth, Miriam, Kaihime, Xun You, , or Takenaka Hanbei without his mask; I don't really want Ivy in Smash due to her sexualization)
  • Ephraim (or similar spear fighter, e.g., Dimitri from Three Houses)
  • Decloned Ganondorf
  • Masked Link

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think Arle would be cool! Aside from Snake, Pac-Man and some moves on other characters, we don't really have a trap-based character yet and aside from Dr. Mario, we're pretty low on puzzle game characters too

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I'm honestly not sure why we still don't have a Tetris stage, given its close ties to Nintendo.
We have two songs and will soon have a few spirits. Tetris is the one third party series I could see being represented by a stage without ever needing a fighter.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Darn it, if that series isn't so cutesy and fun. I need that Area 1 theme in Smash (and a Momomo spirit).

They didn't bother translating Super Puyo Puyo, but I'm glad it's in the SNES service. Here's hoping Madou Monogatari gets a translated Eshop port one day.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Sega has enough to make its own Smash. Eggman, Arle, Alis Landale, Axel or Blaze, the Gunstars... Hatsune Miku...
They did have All Stars Racing and those two games were AWESOME...

Then they reduced it to just Sonic, removed the boat and plane aspects, and now it's just average, damn it Sega.

Fun fact, Miku was ALMOST a playable character in Transformed because of a poll on who the next DLC character for that game should be. She lost to Ryu Hazuki from Shenmue. So there's an alternate dimension where Miku is in the same video game as Wreck it Ralph, Team Fortress 2, and Simon from Yogscast.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Then they reduced it to just Sonic, removed the boat and plane aspects, and now it's just average, damn it Sega.

Fun fact, Miku was ALMOST a playable character in Transformed because of a poll on who the next DLC character for that game should be. She lost to Ryu Hazuki from Shenmue. So there's an alternate dimension where Miku is in the same video game as Wreck it Ralph, Team Fortress 2, and Simon from Yogscast.
And a further alternative dimensiom where they added Bayonetta

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
What strikes me as odd is none of these leakers seem to be even sure who the fighter is probably cause the fighter is not who people are expecting and they dont want to blow up the smash community yet. Sabi said she's 100% going to confirm it with her source first or something? "Cant talk about it" but now Verg is backing Hayabusa post pass.

If drunk cat leak with KOS-MOS is real then it explains what is happening right now. KOS-MOS may be the character cause she's female, a very unexpected pick in terms of hype, and it's probably to promote Monolith Soft's 20th anniversary and a future Xenosaga HD.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
What strikes me as odd is none of these leakers seem to be even sure who the fighter is probably cause the fighter is not who people are expecting and they dont want to blow up the smash community yet. Sabi said she's 100% going to confirm it with her source first or something? "Cant talk about it" but now Verg is backing Hayabusa post pass.

If drunk cat leak with KOS-MOS is real then it explains what is happening right now. KOS-MOS may be the character cause she's female, a very unexpected pick in terms of hype, and it's probably to promote Monolith Soft's 20th anniversary and a future Xenosaga HD.
Plot twists it's just Elma since literally no one expects her

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
C'mon Verge spill the beans already.

Capcom did say they were reviving their old franchises and that was the first franchise I saw at the Twitter comments.

If you were to ask me, people are gonna riot if Darkstalkers got a rep before Golden Sun.
In what world do you live in where Golden Sun fans and Darkstalkers fans have any sort of rivalry between them?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
i hope we really get more echos there are a lot of missed chances
:ultpacman:Ms Pacman
:ultpalutena:Medusa
:ultbayonetta:Jeanne
:ultsheik:Impa
:ultmegaman:Proto Man
:ultdiddy:Dixie
:ultfalcon:Black Shadow
:ultcloud:Zack Fair
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy:Octolings
all easy to think of and i hope they go back and do these

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Let's say Ultimate only gets one more fighting game rep. What series do you want to see the most?

Assuming Tekken and Mortal Kombat will be among the most prevalent. Darkstalkers or Killer Instinct both have some tight fighters, though.
Definitely Mortal Kombat

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Let's say Ultimate only gets one more fighting game rep. What series do you want to see the most?

Assuming Tekken and Mortal Kombat will be among the most prevalent. Darkstalkers or Killer Instinct both have some tight fighters, though.
If I can ONLY pick one more, it's gotta be Guilty Gear. My favorite fighting franchise with a super beautiful unique aesthetic and cool characters and amazing music. Sol Badguy would be so awesome.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, I recently read up on the scandal about Nicalis, and I was wondering if the IP for games like Cave Story and The Binding of Isaac belong to them or if they just have the exclusive distribution rights on consoles or something like that. Does anyone know for sure?

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Ah I loved the All Stars Racing franchise and the sole reason that got me into those games were the SEGA all stars cast. I do recall that I did took part in the character DLC poll a long time ago and Miku was if I do remember the second popular candidate behind Ryo Hazuki. I can't exactly remember who I voted for, but I went with either Sakura Shinguji of Sakura Taisen or someone from Valkyria Chronicles.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I would want Soul Calibur, personally.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A while back there was this SmashWiki edit I saw on an YouTube video that said Terry would be releasing on the 6th. Don't remember the particular video though.
Please tell me you're not actually using a wiki edit as evidence...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

I'm gonna go with Tekken. Heihachi is one of my most wanted characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So, I recently read up on the scandal about Nicalis, and I was wondering if the IP for games like Cave Story and The Binding of Isaac belong to them or if they just have the exclusive distribution rights on consoles or something like that. Does anyone know for sure?
They do indeed own Cave Story due to messing with the contract as they knew the creator wasn't fluent in English. Binding of Isaac however is American made so they couldn't pull a fast one on the owner

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
They do indeed own Cave Story due to messing with the contract as they knew the creator wasn't fluent in English.
Damn if this is true then I kind of don't want Quote in Smash anymore.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Please tell me you're not actually using a wiki edit as evidence...
But Opo, I someone went and edited Marth's page to show that Celica would be echoing him again!

Because as we all know, Celica would just be another Marth.

:bobomb:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Plot twists it's just Elma since literally no one expects her
Elma would be really cool but personally I don't expect her. If they had wanted to put her in I think they would have done so in the base roster and not as DLC. But instead we got the plant to conclude the first party characters... for now at least.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why do we think that the next dlc is a female character exactly? I haven’t seen anything in this.
It's hope
Damn if this is true then I kind of don't want Quote in Smash anymore.
After looking it up just in case, Daisuke Amaya still has some involvement but Nicalis can do literally whatever they want with the IP without him

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Nicalis is a scummy company, but I don't think Quote or Pixel deserve to be excluded for it. I know I probably sound stupid, I just don't want to let a bad owner get in the way of a great character. Activision is awful yet I still want to see Crash. Bethesda has been awful lately but I still want to see Dragonborn.

Elma would be really cool but personally I don't expect her. If they had wanted to put her in I think they would have done so in the base roster and not as DLC. But instead we got the plant to conclude the first party characters... for now at least.
I completely agree, she seems like way more of a base game addition, and I don't think they'd put her in a pass full of heavy-hitter third parties.

Why do we think that the next dlc is a female character exactly? I haven’t seen anything in this.
Some people still believe in the Milk-BOSATU leak, but everything is all over the place right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom