• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Are you talking about this post?
He said the company of 4th is from Company Name ??? which could be the one not been represented yet, and the 5th from Company Name ??? which could be the one from company already in the game.
Bamco or Capcom are the most ideal of choices. The 4th one was one that hasn't been repped until now (Terry/SNK) and the next one would completely be the two I just mentioned.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps even yin-yang orbs and talismans, hah.
I see you ;)

Anyway, I'm betting on the KOS-MOS leak since Bamco has yet to get another rep. I mean, just one look at her and she's a "put her in" type of character for me.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Are you talking about this post?
He said the company of 4th is from Company Name ??? which could be the one not been represented yet, and the 5th from Company Name ??? which could be the one from company already in the game.
Yeah, that's the one, thanks for bringing it back.

This, combined with the "female rep with a throwable weapon" stuff and how they were so confident that it would be Fighter 4, then backpedaled as soon as Terry was announced was what killed this one for me.

Basically, if the last Pass character is indeed KOS-MOS, I'd chalk it up to a coincidence rather than Milk-Bosatu being right. It's no different than the Twitter poster a few days ago who guessed Hero, Banjo & Kazooie and Terry or the "Adeleine/Sylux leak" on 4chan.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I wouldn't fret over Sakurai and "Xbox" related stuff, because that isn't a console that commands the same level of popularity in Japan as it does in the West.

As it stands right now, we've some time to kill before Terry drops (which can literally be any day in November) and the DLC 5 announcement, which can still happen on any set of possible dates; could be a companion to Terry's presentation, a full-on Smash Direct if there's a substantial amount of content to be added in a new patch, or the Game Awards ala Joker (side note to this point: assuming a Game Awards reveal, this'd probably have to entail character that'd at least make the Western audience pop, so as to avoid the tepid reception for Hero and Terry).
I know a good way to kill time until Terry's release: watching the history of Terry and SNK as a whole with ProtonJon as your host!

(Parts 1 and 2 ran into technical issues, but this is business as usual for Jon.)

D

Deleted member

This, combined with the "female rep with a throwable weapon" stuff and how they were so confident that it would be Fighter 4, then backpedaled as soon as Terry was announced was what killed this one for me.

Basically, if the last Pass character is indeed KOS-MOS, I'd chalk it up to a coincidence rather than Milk-Bosatu being right.
I'm with you on this one. To me, the leak is somewhat fake that if she got in it would be a complete lucky guess.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I highly doubt that we're getting anything at the Game Awards again. That show has basically zero presence in Japan, and I don't see Nintendo announcing much of anything regarding Smash at something like that again.
Well I can agree on that, but I don't think it's impossible to have a reveal in the Game Awards, specially if the character they would show there is a western one or a character who isn't popular in Japan, like Doomslayer to put an example.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm with you on this one. To me, the leak is somewhat fake that if she got in it would be a complete lucky guess.
This is because the originl description was really vague too. I remember that when it came out first, we started making lists on this thread and I remember at least 10 or so characters fitting Milk-Bosatu's description.

Compare this to the situation with IAmShifty - he specifically called out characters, his claim to fame being Piranha Plant and if I'm not mistaken, Marx being a boss, downright describing a few moves in some cases. Like... could he still be wrong? Yeah, but it's way easier to believe that he actually has real info.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Watch DLC #5 be someone that no leaker brought up, thusly invalidating what has essentially been the last week of conversation.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Shifty, apparently he's doubling down on Hayabusa on his discord according to someone on the Hayabusa support thread despite the claim from Sabi's source that he and Crash aren't looking to be in FP5.

Now, I'm totally not crazy, but if we're getting clashing leaks that involve Ryu Hayabusa, I'm inclined to think that he might actually be leakbait for another Koei-Tecmo character that isn't considered at all in the Smash scene, and I'm sure most of you know who I'm referring to :)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Persona is bigger in Japan than in the West, but we still got Joker at the Game Awards (and with the English VAs, no less!) I wouldn't discount the possibility of another reveal there, although I assume it's less likely just because people would be expecting it this time.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Watch DLC #5 be someone that no leaker brought up, thusly invalidating what has essentially been the last week of conversation.
And then all these leakers will have a strike on their record lol
Persona is bigger in Japan than in the West, but we still got Joker at the Game Awards (and with the English VAs, no less!) I wouldn't discount the possibility of another reveal there, although I assume it's less likely just because people would be expecting it this time.
I think people would go insane with anticipation if they had to wait until the VGAs for FP5 reveal lol

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace

Basically, if the last Pass character is indeed KOS-MOS, I'd chalk it up to a coincidence rather than Milk-Bosatu being right. It's no different than the Twitter poster a few days ago who guessed Hero, Banjo & Kazooie and Terry or the "Adeleine/Sylux leak" on 4chan.
Just making sure to be clear, that "throwable/flying weapon" part is a literal translation.
He said 飛び道具 which should be translated as projectiles. Yes, guns and laser beams are 飛び道具.

Untouch

Smash Master
Speaking of Shifty, apparently he's doubling down on Hayabusa on his discord according to someone on the Hayabusa support thread despite the claim from Sabi's source that he and Crash aren't looking to be in FP5.

Now, I'm totally not crazy, but if we're getting clashing leaks that involve Ryu Hayabusa, I'm inclined to think that he might actually be leakbait for another Koei-Tecmo character that isn't considered at all in the Smash scene, and I'm sure most of you know who I'm referring to :)
He's in.

Lu_Bu_Model[1].png

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Just making sure to be clear, that "throwable/flying weapon" part is a literal translation.
He said 飛び道具 which should be translated as projectiles. Yes, guns and laser beams are 飛び道具.
Yeah, I remember you saying that, but then he later made that tweet with the Hammer Bro and boomerang to clarify and give an example of the weapon he "saw". A lot of people thought it was related to Mai Shiranui or Reimu back then, too.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
We've gone from Ryu Hayabasa, to Crash, to Reimu, to KOS-MOS being the final fighter pass character all in a short period of time. Wonder who the next character will be.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I really hope it's none of them at this point just so speculation heads lose their minds.
Implying that speculation heads aren't beginning to lose their minds already due to the events of the past few days leaving us in the blind. On a serious note, a wild character pick like Joker would really blow the doors wide open.

Someone like Dante, 2B, Lara Croft, Sora, a Sony character, the Master Chief, etc. should do the trick fine.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Dynsasty Warriors would be an interesting series to add. It is a popular series in Japan. But outside of Japan, the series is just seen as a "repetitive button masher series" at least to critics. There would be A LOT of salt in that case.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
We've gone from Ryu Hayabasa, to Crash, to Reimu, to KOS-MOS being the final fighter pass character all in a short period of time. Wonder who the next character will be.
Doom Slayer.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I honestly can take any of them.

Ryu H would make me the most happy.
KOS-MOS is unique, ps2 era, and female.
Crash was really iconic and fun.
Reimu, i Don’t know her, but I’m interested in any character with a Shootemup mechanic.

TBH I like that at least half aren’t your typical smash forum characters. And the ones that are, I like.

I was really excited for Terry. Another reveal from an under the radar character would be amazing.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dynsasty Warriors would be an interesting series to add. It is a popular series in Japan. But outside of Japan, the series is just seen as a "repetitive button masher series" at least to critics. There would be A LOT of salt in that case.
Despite that reputation, musou games still do get relatively big amounts of press outside Japan, so I don't think they're one of those "umm actually this game is very popular in Japan" series that seem to be all the rage sometimes. I'd appreciate sales data if someone (@Velveeta Dream) has them, but I'd be surprised if they weren't doing decent business around the globe.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I LOVE Dynasty Warriors, but I don't think it can (or should) get in, because its characters are all historical figures. It'd be like putting Hercules or Achilles in Smash. If you want a Musou rep, I think Linkle is actually the best choice (or Lana, but Linkle just feels better).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Doom Slayer is talked about too much in speculation circles thanks to various leaks putting him in. It's to the point where I feel people wouldn't be surprised if he got in.
When a rumor persists, there's usually something to it.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
When a rumor persists, there's usually something to it.
The characters I listed are characters that generally aren't talked about that much in Smash speculation circles and/or characters that aren't seen as frontrunners in speculation. Doom Slayer is not either of those characters in my book. Whether that means he's next is not known. But just because it's talked about that much =! he's in.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Doom Slayer is talked about too much in speculation circles thanks to various leaks putting him in. It's to the point where I feel people wouldn't be surprised if he got in.
He has kinda started to fall out of the spotlight a bit recently though. Not going to hit the surprise factor others would but could be a little bit of a surprise if he doesn't resurface and gets on of the last DLC spots

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Come to think of it, do you guys think we'll get fighter #5 revealed in November alongside Terry's presentation, and then get the first fighter beyond the pass revealed at the Game Awards
I do think that.

or do you think those two dates are too close together and an entirely different scenario will take place?
They're further apart than Piranha Plant and Joker were.

I highly doubt that we're getting anything at the Game Awards again. That show has basically zero presence in Japan, and I don't see Nintendo announcing much of anything regarding Smash at something like that again.
Then why did they do it the first time?

Or it's the ol "Nintendo gives out different information to different people to find out who's leaking."

"Oh, this one guy is completely certain it's Hayabusa? Which guy did we tell it was Hayabusa too? Cool. Fire that guy."

"Now KOS-MOS is out there. Fire the KOS-MOS guy."

And then all these leakers will have a strike on their record lol
Which, unfortunately, doesn't do jack to their credibility for some reason. No matter how many times they get things wrong, people will still believe who they want to believe...

I LOVE Dynasty Warriors, but I don't think it can (or should) get in, because its characters are all historical figures. It'd be like putting Hercules or Achilles in Smash.
*cough* um...those are mythological figures, not historical figures.

You're comparing George Washington to Frodo Baggins here.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
He has kinda started to fall out of the spotlight a bit recently though. Not going to hit the surprise factor others would but could be a little bit of a surprise if he doesn't resurface and gets on of the last DLC spots
It's kind of funny because I think what knocked him out of the spotlight was Doom Eternal getting delayed, which, funnily enough, actually would have no bearing on him getting in since the DLC was chosen before the delay was decided I'm sure. Guess it shows how much people believe in picks being used for advertisement.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So if that SmashWiki edit a while back is anything to go by and the direct regarding Terry's release is November 6th should we expect any leaks regarding DLC fighter 5 next week or a few days supposedly before said direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom