• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I think we can all agree that Master Chief is a lock for #5 at this point.

I dont care who we specifically get for #5, but I just want it to be fu****g HYPE. Give us a megastar for the last fighters pass fighter

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
Necessary and relevant because _________.
Eh, he just gets really defensive about his Discord channel, even though they never produce any useful information, and gets extremely butthurt whenever anyone points that out.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Apparantly El Grande Padre di Jenos made a video on that leak a little before the KOSMOS post showed up so there's a stupid good chance the leaker got impersonated like with the DMCV leaker
Ah that's too bad. I have to wonder if we'll start seeing KOS-MOS appear in fake leaks now lol

ZelDan

Smash Master

I dont care who we specifically get for #5, but I just want it to be fu****g HYPE. Give us a megastar for the last fighters pass fighter
I wish Master Chief was a lock for #5. he's been a pipe dream character for me for Smash Bros Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Just opened my account right now and this is what greets me. Yay....where's the source?

I'mma still boycott. Just give me KOS-MOS or I'll...

Can I get an amen in the chat?
AMEN. I WANT ANSWERS!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Apparantly El Grande Padre di Jenos made a video on that leak a little before the KOSMOS post showed up so there's a stupid good chance the leaker got impersonated like with the DMCV leaker
Good old El Grande Padre di Jenos.

If that's the case I give this leak a solid 20/80 in terms of being true.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I'm just waiting for November at this point
Come to think of it, do you guys think we'll get fighter #5 revealed in November alongside Terry's presentation, and then get the first fighter beyond the pass revealed at the Game Awards, or do you think those two dates are too close together and an entirely different scenario will take place?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Come to think of it, do you guys think we'll get fighter #5 revealed in November alongside Terry's presentation, and then get the first fighter beyond the pass revealed at the Game Awards, or do you think those two dates are too close together and an entirely different scenario will take place?
I can very well see this happen. Fighter #5 could be revealed at November to finish the pass reveal while the Game Awards will give us a glimpse on the second season of DLC. There's also the possibility that Fighter #5 is revealed at the Game Awards instead.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I highly doubt that we're getting anything at the Game Awards again. That show has basically zero presence in Japan, and I don't see Nintendo announcing much of anything regarding Smash at something like that again.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm thinking Fighter #5 with the Terry presentation and First post fighter in a January/February Nintendo direct.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah, it's too skeptical to be true.
Not what I said.

Also, the word to use here would be suspicious or something of the like. The word "skeptical" refers to a person being skeptical. I guess by definition something could be skeptical, but that's not how it's used colloquially.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not what I said.

Also, the word to use here would be suspicious or something of the like. The word "skeptical" refers to a person being skeptical. I guess by definition something could be skeptical, but that's not how it's used colloquially.
I'm skeptical about "suspicious" being a synonym for skeptical.

D

Deleted member

Kinda off-topic, but the recent Sakurai column confirms that Sakurai is the ultimate nerd when it comes to gaming. Both of his houses have two TVs, two Switches, and three PS4s and PS3s, and he owns over 60 controllers. He even sorts all the games he owns by release date.
>says he owns multiple switches and Playstation consoles
>doesn't mention Xbox

mAsTeR cHiEf DeCoNfIrMeD

I wonder. Are there any records saying Sakurai owned an Xbox? It's a bit weird that he might not own one considering he straight up told people to play Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox One during the presentation.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
The wait for character #5's reveal is painful. People are so bored that they're making fake leaks just to have something to talk about. Hopefully in November we'll know who it is. The sooner the better.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
November 6th seems like the day we might have to look forward to...
I expect a Smash direct until then, but especially that day
It can't be next week 'cause Luigi's Mansion 3 is on the way, also holiday time...

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
D

Deleted member

The wait for character #5's reveal is painful. People are so bored that they're making fake leaks just to have something to talk about. Hopefully in November we'll know who it is. The sooner the better.
The truth will set us free.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
November 6th seems like the day we might have to look forward to...
I expect a Smash direct until then, but especially that day
It can't be next week 'cause Luigi's Mansion 3 is on the way, also holiday time...
This seems about right. Next week is Luigi's week and the week after could be it. Be suuuper sucky if it were the week after though lol I dun wanna wait 2 more weeks :estatic:

D

Deleted member

This seems about right. Next week is Luigi's week and the week after could be it. Be suuuper sucky if it were the week after though lol I dun wanna wait 2 more weeks :estatic:
We've waited too long that Nintendo is going to force their hand like they did with the SNK leak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
tbh i think i might take a break from SB for a while too... maybe not even see any leaks whatsoever for FP5. it would be a pleasant surprise, but if it's somehow KOS-MOS, that would be awesome too

sure, Everyone Is Here was leaked, but I technically wasn't on the forums at that time, I only returned from my hiatus after seeing the E3 2018 presentation and i SCREAMED when I saw Snake lemme tell u

plus I got a big gaming backlog I should probably tackle, and a new job I'm having training for in the morning and will likely work mornings too

so uh... see you on November 1st I guess?

D

Deleted member

tbh i think i might take a break from SB for a while too... maybe not even see any leaks whatsoever for FP5. it would be a pleasant surprise, but if it's somehow KOS-MOS, that would be awesome too

sure, Everyone Is Here was leaked, but I technically wasn't on the forums at that time, I only returned from my hiatus after seeing the E3 2018 presentation and i SCREAMED when I saw Snake lemme tell u

plus I got a big gaming backlog I should probably tackle, and a new job I'm having training for in the morning and will likely work mornings too

There's gonna be the surge of major leaks next week just watch

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't fret over Sakurai and "Xbox" related stuff, because that isn't a console that commands the same level of popularity in Japan as it does in the West.

As it stands right now, we've some time to kill before Terry drops (which can literally be any day in November) and the DLC 5 announcement, which can still happen on any set of possible dates; could be a companion to Terry's presentation, a full-on Smash Direct if there's a substantial amount of content to be added in a new patch, or the Game Awards ala Joker (side note to this point: assuming a Game Awards reveal, this'd probably have to entail character that'd at least make the Western audience pop, so as to avoid the tepid reception for Hero and Terry).

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't fret over Sakurai and "Xbox" related stuff, because that isn't a console that commands the same level of popularity in Japan as it does in the West.

As it stands right now, we've some time to kill before Terry drops (which can literally be any day in November) and the DLC 5 announcement, which can still happen on any set of possible dates; could be a companion to Terry's presentation, a full-on Smash Direct if there's a substantial amount of content to be added in a new patch, or the Game Awards ala Joker (side note to this point: assuming a Game Awards reveal, this'd probably have to entail character that'd at least make the Western audience pop, so as to avoid the tepid reception for Hero and Terry).
My take on this is that:

1. Terry's reveal will come with FP5's reveal. (And I hope it's a she)
2. There will be a free character that will start up Season 2 (like Plant)
3. If we're gonna go Game Awards, most probably we'll get Doomguy to both appease the Western fanbase and set the mood for Season 2, or another hype worthy rep or a pick out of nowhere.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
KOS-MOS makes sense in a way I will say. She's an honorary Xenoblade character through Xenosaga and Nintendo definitely seems like they're looking to push the series, but they're staying focused on third parties. What better way to resolve that query than by including the third party Xeno character that has made a splash in several guest appearances in recent years including Xenoblade Chronicles 2 itself as a Blade. Plus, Bandai Namco does make Smash with Sakurai after all.

I know people have mentioned it many times before, but Bandai Namco is the company I'm keeping an eye on. The only new content they've received so far in Ultimate was a couple of remixes for their arcade tracks... That's it. They actually lost a stage, which I'd consider an overall net loss and they've not gotten any new Mii costumes so far either. For a company as involved in Smash as Bandai Namco and with such a stable of popular characters... there's no way they walk away without some sort of major addition, if not a few when it's all said and done.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Very funny how the doujin leak isn't dead at all but the community immediately decided it was without looking any further into what the leaker was doing

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

I honestly wish that the KOS-MOS leak can be proven true right now so I can jump on my bed like a kid lol. Here's hoping it is her and I'll see you around :)

D

Deleted member

I honestly wish that the KOS-MOS leak can be proven true right now so I can jump on my bed like a kid lol. Here's hoping it is her and I'll see you around :)
Unfortunately, we haven't made a final decision if it was real or fake, so just don't start celebrating early.

Surprisingly this was the only hype-worthy leak during the entirety of my birthweek.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
These were formatted as two separate things in their original post, though. Something like:

"Fighter 4: Female fighter from unrepresented company" -> I remember this specifically for some reason
"Fighter 5: Already appeared"

So I find it unlikely that it was the same thing. I think A Ayumi Tachibana was the one who reposted it, can you help me out here? I couldn't find the original post, sorry for the inconvenience.

No, but the "leaker" specified the type of projectile themselves. Tried searching for the tweet itself, but I think it's been deleted.
Are you talking about this post?
He said the company of 4th is from Company Name ??? which could be the one not been represented yet, and the 5th from Company Name ??? which could be the one from company already in the game.

https://i.imgur.com/s7ZgjJK.png

Joker : Protagonist of Persona 5 (Atlus : 未出)
Hero : Protagonist of Dragon Quest (Square Enix : 既出)
Banjo Kazooie : Protagonist of Adventure of Banjo & Kazooie (Rare : 既出)
??? : Protagonist of ??? (??? : 未出?)
??? : Protagonist of ??? (??? : 既出?)

Do you see the pattern here?
The parts inside brackets aren't stating about characters.
I don't understand why the translation in the image omitted the Rare part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom