• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Darkstalker would look so amazing with GG Xrd graphics...

Make it a time travel story that connects Darkstalkers, Ghosts'N Goblins and Red Earth into one universe. Tie all of Capcom's legendary monster/Makai kingdom franchises together!
Capcom needs to take notes from their former rival SNK. They put Nakoruru in KoF XIV and now we got a new Samsho after more than 10 years.

They probably need to integrate them into Street Fighter if we're saying anything.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Capcom needs to take notes from their former rival SNK. They put Nakoruru in KoF XIV and now we got a new Samsho after more than 10 years.

They probably need to integrate them into Street Fighter if we're saying anything.
I saw they were thinking of adding Ruby Heart from MvC2 to Street Fighter V, if the cards are anything to go off of at least.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
So, something of note.

Judging by this pass MOST of them are from games that were of note in 2017. Persona 5 released in 2017, Dragon Quest 11 released in 2017, King of Fighter XIV released in 2017, the ONLY outlier is Banjo & Kazooie. I dunno IF this really matters but it seems like they must have picked these characters around this time and have been picking them based on their popularity in THAT year. At this time Banjo was pretty popular as well due to Phil's acknowledgement in 2015 of the Smash demand.

Monster Hunter, Resident Evil VII, and NeiR: Automata are three of the more popular 3rd party releases worldwide in 2017. I think it's VERY likely our last character is a character from one of these 3 series if it isn't Hayabusa.

Got my money on 2B.
Well if by coincidence you are right I don't think 2B would happen, I have a hard time seeing two Square characters in the same fighter pass.
Between MH, Resident Evil and Nier the first two are more likely, specially RE because for me Rathalos being in the base game was a soft deconfirmation for a Monster Hunter character.

I mean, if Sakurai approaches Capcom for picking a new franchise for Smash, which one do you think Sakurai would pick first?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw they were thinking of adding Ruby Heart from MvC2 to Street Fighter V, if the cards are anything to go off of at least.
That would probably be surprising enough but I think they'll have to tie in SF6 if it's an option.

Nah, those two franchises don't fit together. If they're putting those two together, it should be for a Capcom Versus game.
Oh you're right.

KoF's crossover format makes it so that it would be possible for her to get in.
Well if by coincidence you are right I don't think 2B would happen, I have a hard time seeing two Square characters in the same fighter pass.
Between MH, Resident Evil and Nier the first two are more likely, specially RE because for me Rathalos being in the base game was a soft deconfirmation for a Monster Hunter character.

I mean, if Sakurai approaches Capcom for picking a new franchise for Smash, which one do you think Sakurai would pick first?
Either...DMC, Resident Evil or Darkstalkers.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Obvious ba?

We all know. We all know it's a pipe dream. I've been her supporter ever since I joined Smashboards and all I know is that it'll take decades before she gets in.

But still, any other female character is fine in my book. And I'll let the rest of the DLC be male as long as I get my woman.

Also, Banjo would want a word.

Just tryna browse Nier content, then watched some gameplay of her in Soul Calibur, and I gotta feeling she'll rock.
Listen to the soundtrack. That’s enough reason to want Nier Automata content in.

Imagine if we got Ryu Hayabusa AND Strider Hiryu

so many ninjas. Some many cyber ninjas. So many Ryus!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're right. This song is a damn banger and would fit in Smash very nicely.

Composed by Keiichi Okabe, composer of Tekken music.
Dude that was the same song I heard from the Reimu thread and damn it's an epic fit.

IMG_20190902_103958.jpg

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For a Nier Automata song, I would love to see this included. It starts slow but, god, it would be epic. The entire OST would be epic.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think I'm still going to stick with Brew and Shifty. Why? Well, cause Hayabusa is the character I want. There's a few other reasons but I think that's what everything boils down to and I think nearly all of us do the same thing. We want to believe whatever will be the best outcome for our character so, as of now, until we get a name for another character I'm just going to stick with Hayabusa. And hopefully, it ends with him in Smash.

But that's just me.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
There's too many good Nier Automata sounds to pick, but A Beautiful Song for sure needs to be one of them:

Also, I hope Smash would mix the Rays of Light/Shade City Ruin themes together. One song is adventurous and the other is sad, but they sound really great when you play them together simultaneously (like a duet!). I wish this song was actually in the game, because this had to be intentional:

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I expect Shantae more now that supposedly Crash, Hayabusa, and the other frontrunners are out.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I love all versions of City Ruins. I remember that sometimes I just was walking and fighting some enemies only to hear the beautiful music.

That song for sure sets the tone for the game.

D

Deleted member

Im going to be on the camp of wanting Sakurai go nuts and crash the fanbase with fighter 5.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Huh, things took an interesting turn while I was gone. So it's looking like the former frontrunners of Hayabusa and Crash are seeming a bit less likely now. I don't wanna jump to conclusions, but things are looking pretty damn good for a Resident Evil character right now...

Roberk

Smash Champion
IMO Fighter 5 will be more niche than people expect. While we shouldn't base everything off of patterns, Smash has never ended a series of character reveals on a high note for the mainstream. It's also due to the nature of the Fighters Pass, it's supposed to pull people in earlier so that they buy the full pass to save money but commit to the later characters that they may or may have not bought otherwise. While Fighter 5 will most likely be in for their own merit, I expect that they'll be a few notches below in popularity and/or appeal for the mass audience compared to earlier Fighters Pass characters.

D

Deleted member

I think I'm still going to stick with Brew and Shifty. Why? Well, cause Hayabusa is the character I want. There's a few other reasons but I think that's what everything boils down to and I think nearly all of us do the same thing. We want to believe whatever will be the best outcome for our character so, as of now, until we get a name for another character I'm just going to stick with Hayabusa. And hopefully, it ends with him in Smash.

But that's just me.
I feel pretty conflicted about this since I also want to see Hayabusa in Smash sooner than later, but I also want to believe Hayabusa was actually leakbait for Zhao Yun and/or Yukimura because it'd be such a huge surprise to everyone and has a lot to offer when it comes to content.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
If 2B gets in the game I want to see Grandma (Destruction) in her stage's song list both because the song is great and because the name would make even more people go "wait what"

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Even though Hayabusa is one of my most wanteds right now as well as the only character I want that seems decently feasible (because a vast majority of characters I still want are either deconfirmed as spirits or are just extremely unlikely due to being too niche or irrelevant), I'm glad we're kind of at where no one really knows what's going on again. It feels like it's been a very long time since there's been a complete sense of mystery when it comes to the next fighter, even though I suspect Fighter #5 will be leaked regardless, just like everyone else in the pack besides Joker.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm still iffy on Sabi's credibility anyways. Especially after that convenient C&D she got at E3 but never got referenced again ever since. What exactly has Sabi gotten right? I sincerely can't remember because as of right now all I can think of is their piggyback off of Vergeben a couple times and then that thing with Terry that got leaked before she even said ANYTHING about an SNK character...

7NATOR

Smash Master
You know i've wondered something

If Geno does get in, I think Sakurai would have known that he was planning on Geno when he negotiated for Hero. I Think with the Mii costume being missing an all that, Sakurai probably did not decide on Making Geno Playable (if he is playable) he was sitting on it for awhile, perhaps even pre-release

Despite that Geno still has a Spirit ingame

I think at least in the case of Geno if he does become playable, I think the spirit is like a "Safeguard" of some kind. Something put in place in case The Smash DLC did not go over the Fighter Pass

In that case, do you guys think they could have done this for Other Characters already present in the game?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

If Geno does get in, I think Sakurai would have known that he was planning on Geno when he negotiated for Hero. I Think with the Mii costume being missing an all that, Sakurai probably did not decide on Making Geno Playable (if he is playable) he was sitting on it for awhile, perhaps even pre-release

I think at least in the case of Geno if he does become playable, I think the spirit is like a "Safeguard" of some kind. Something put in place in case The Smash DLC did not go over the Fighter Pass

In that case, do you guys think they could have done this for Other Characters already present in the game?
Shantae hopes intensifiy

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

prays for Elma, Black Shadow, Bandana Dee, Medusa, Octoling, Fiora, Dixie...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
2B is pretty much just as wanted by me as Phoenix and I'd probably bawl if the Smash logo appears and we hear "Alert!"

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna go with the Dark Horse candidate here, betting on a Dragonborn suberb shouting surprise. This has seriously become anyone's game!

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

But that's just me.
More or less how I'm feeling. Hayabusa is probably the first character this cycle that I've been somewhat hyped to see being discussed at length (RIP Assist Trophies). There are other characters I like/have liked but they've been talked to death already.

Shifty's channel as a whole doesn't really play up the clickbait, which I can get with in a sort of underdog sense. Speculation/Rumors isn't their main focus I guess.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sabi and her merry band of pot-stirrers aren't, like, malicious or anything, but c'mon...

download.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 5.29.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 4.59.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 6.04.32 PM.png

Or queen, whatever.

You know what?

I'm out. You guys enjoy the ride. But rocking back and forth too much makes me sick. I'll see everyone in November.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
When it comes to the inevitable fighter 5 (or at least a character later down the road), I think people sleep too hard on Professor Layton

He's definitely seems like a prime candidate and he's got some deep Nintendo history to boot

Would be surprised if he wasn't at the very least considered

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Based on what I can see, Ryu and Crash are dead and Reimu is on a sinking, but not sunk, ship. What a ride.

Sabi and her merry band of pot-stirrers aren't, like, malicious or anything, but c'mon...

Or queen, whatever.

You know what?

I'm out. You guys enjoy the ride. But rocking back and forth too much makes me sick. I'll see everyone in November.
That chain is just hilarious. From "Ryu is super likely" to "Ryu's dead" in just a matter of days and it's hilarious.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Oh man, I'm so happy to see people are talking about Phoenix.
As always I have expectations set to 0 but I think he is the perfect choice to end this FP for two simple reasons:
-He is requested and beloved among Smash fans, every time I see a pool (although not precisely a trustworthy source in general) Nick is most of the time always placing higher than any other Capcom character.
-He is niche, which is a good thing, why would Nintendo end this FP with a big shot like Doomguy or Crash (to name an example) when the main selling point of this FP (imo) were Banjo and Hero (two with HUGE target audiences). At this point most people have already decided if buy the FP or not and Nintendo's gonna need big names if they wanna sell the second wave of characters.

In case case, one for certain:
I'm gonna buy whatever character Sakurai throws at me because I love Smash and I enjoy this game, that's why I take some of my time to lurk in here and other sites.
Hope Terry drops soon, I've been playing KOF 2002: Magic Plus (only real GOATs will know what this is) to celebrate Terry's inclusion and Im as bad as always at that game!

KatKit

Smash Lord
It was sheer coincidence that the last time I dressed up as video game character, they got a Smash reveal on that day, but if you're somehow reading this, Sakurai, I'm doing some last minute Halloween shopping, so feel free to keep the streak alive.

She has a snowball's chance, but I'm still praying that my girl steals that 5th slot. I think we're in desperate need of a collective "WTF?" kind of reaction from the general fandom, and the season pass would start how it ended: with a thief.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Or queen, whatever.

You know what?

Hold on, hold on, hold on. I'm coming with you.

Let me grab the bags.

Aight let's go.
tenor (3).gif

In all seriousness, Sabi has gone back and forth so much lately that it's just gotten to the point that it's better just not listening at all. I can deal with one person going all in and being wrong, like Shifty and Brew may end up being, but once you start hopping from one side to the other and then back again... just seems like you're just speculating and don't REALLY know anything. Even if that's not the case I'm kind of done Sabi. I'm going to keep speculating but like I can't deal with leakers anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom