• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Watch the end of a Smash Phoenix Wright trailer be like:

Silence!

Simon breaks the chains.

I actually never thought about Wright getting alts/echoes until now, but I'm down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Back to square one...interesting.

Y'know, if we do gt a female character and I finally shut up about it, I might just be here to debunk leaks until proven true.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
I saw a vid that lists down the possible female fighters. Read the comments section and lots of people clamor for Morrigan.

tears of unending joy intensifies
I wanted 2B and Tracer originally but with Blizzard being Blizzard and me getting more into Darkstalkers, Morrigan has risen in ranks. I would be hype if she and/or 2B got in, I'd be hyyyyype

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and damper your hopes but Morrigan's from an inactive franchise for the time being.

As much as I'd be down for her that is.

D

Deleted member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and damper your hopes but Morrigan's from an inactive franchise for the time being.

As much as I'd be down for her that is.
Obvious ba?

We all know. We all know it's a pipe dream. I've been her supporter ever since I joined Smashboards and all I know is that it'll take decades before she gets in.

But still, any other female character is fine in my book. And I'll let the rest of the DLC be male as long as I get my woman.

Also, Banjo would want a word.

2B would be cool as hell. All that I have to say about that.
Just tryna browse Nier content, then watched some gameplay of her in Soul Calibur, and I gotta feeling she'll rock.

D

Deleted member

In the meantime, I just downloaded KoF All Stars yet I can't play it untim all my classes finish.

D

Deleted member

more yare yare

[twitter post]
Things sure are looking towards the next Smash reveal happening within a month and a half, and with Crash and Hayabusa seemingly out of the picture and Reimu's situation being super iffy, now there's a whole lot of options that could potentially end the Fighter Pass.

I'm still going to stick with bias and say the Warriors franchise may end up being the last Fighter Pack, and if it does happen, I can't wait to see what kind of reactions it'll spark (including my own).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I kinda wish papagenos and Sabi would tell us what this source has gotten so far. Just so we know exactly why they're so reputable. Kinda got this feeling it's Vergeben or one of his original sources.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I kinda wish papagenos and Sabi would tell us what this source has gotten so far. Just so we know exactly why they're so reputable. Kinda got this feeling it's Vergeben or one of his original sources.
Im willing to bet there will be a PapaGenos vid tn updating everyone on this ^^ and Touhou

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
WELL this is a potentially interesting development:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630974643091537940/635914583218978825/papagenossabi.PNG

“Front runners” being Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, possibly Doom Slayer and/or Resident Evil character...
By "Front runners" I only meant that a really good source from sabi is saying not to back Ryu Hayabusa or Crash. Thats what I meant by front runners. At the moment I wasn't sure if sabi had said the names publicly so I was trying to be vague and not say the specific character names so I just said front runners. I didnot mean to imply DLC5 is some out there character, I do not know who DLC 5 is at all, I just know sabi has a very good source saying not to back Hayabusa or Crash for dlc5. Sorry for the confusion I was just trying to be careful not to say character names in case sabi didn't want them said publicly yet.

D

Deleted member

By "Front runners" I only meant that a really good source from sabi is saying not to back Ryu Hayabusa or Crash. Thats what I meant by front runners. At the moment I wasn't sure if sabi had said the names publicly so I was trying to be vague and not say the specific character names so I just said front runners. I didnot mean to imply DLC5 is some out there character, I do not know who DLC 5 is at all, I just know sabi has a very good source saying not to back Hayabusa or Crash for dlc5. Sorry for the confusion I was just trying to be careful not to say character names in case sabi didn't want them said publicly yet.
OIIII

My name is Lesley Black Velvet and i want to know your stance if the possible 5th Fighter is female or are we getting an all-male pass.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
The source saying not to back Ryu Hayabusa or Crash for DLC5 is the source who told sabi DLC4 was Terry.

Pinpin.png

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I never played Ace Attorney but for sure I will some day. Best entry to start with? Or I can simply play the games in release order? I always found the franchise interesting.

I'd be happy with Phoenix in Smash! Even if Dante and Leon/Jill would make me happier, I think almost any Capcom character would be great, each one of the candidates would bring interesting things to Smash.

A dead franchise never stopped Banjo
Tbf Banjo is a bit different case. B&K were always more associated with Nintendo, and a lot of Smash and Nintendo fans wanted beard and bird to return in some way.

I'm not saying Morrigan can't happen, I'd be okay with that and I think she's cool. But I think each one have some differences in their situations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbf Banjo is a bit different case. B&K were always more associated with Nintendo, and a lot of Smash and Nintendo fans wanted beard and bird to return in some way.

I'm not saying Morrigan can't happen, I'd be okay with that and I think she's cool. But I think each one have some differences in their situations
Banjo has the guardian angel of the Smash fanbase.

Morrigan has the guardian angel of the FGC/Darkstalkers fans crying for a new game.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I never played Ace Attorney but for sure I will some day. Best entry to start with? Or I can simply play the games in release order? I always find the franchise interesting.
The games are all in chronological order, so you can start with the first one and go from there.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
At this point I have no idea who could be the final fighter. Back then I made a prediction that the last fighter could be Leon/Jill, Crash, or Ryu Hayabusa. With two out of the picture that only leaves me with Leon/Jill. I'm still sticking with this prediction, even if I only have one shot left now.

I never played Ace Attorney but for sure I will some day. Best entry to start with? Or I can simply play the games in release order? I always find the franchise interesting.

I'd be happy with Phoenix in Smash! Even if Dante and Leon/Jill would make me happier, I think almost any Capcom character would be great, each one of the candidates would bring interesting things to Smash.
I recommend starting the games in release order. Attempting to play the games out of order will leave you confused a bit.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So not Crash and not Ryu.

Given both are the the biggest characters of their respective company (unless we're considering Captain Price for Smash now) we can rule out Koei-Temco and Activision (if not necessarily the Blizzard half) with them.

D

Deleted member

So not Crash and not Ryu.

Given both are the the biggest characters of their respective company (unless we're considering Captain Price for Smash now) we can rule out Koei-Temco and Activision (if not necessarily the Blizzard half) with them.
Anyone is fair game at this point.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
The source saying not to back Ryu Hayabusa or Crash for DLC5 is the source who told sabi DLC4 was Terry.

View attachment 242997
What a rollercoaster lol... Here's hoping we see Geno, Doomslayer, or Reimu to end the pass with. As much as I want Doomslayer and Geno (my number 1 and 2 wanted respectively), I'm actually rooting for Reimu just so we can get one female with this pass while also representing Japanese indie games.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
OIIII

My name is Lesley Black Velvet and i want to know your stance if the possible 5th Fighter is female or are we getting an all-male pass.
I have for a while thought we would get a female character in the fighter pass or at least robin/corrin/wii fit trainer/inkling etc.. type character with male and female alts. But then we got through 4 characters with the only female being kazooie and I stopped assuming we HAD to get a female rep, but we still certainly could and I think the pass would make sense to have one its just with only one spot in the pass left its hard to say it NEEDS to be a female character.it would limit speculation way too much if i let my thought process believe that.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Banjo has the guardian angel of the Smash fanbase.

Morrigan has the guardian angel of the FGC/Darkstalkers fans crying for a new game.
I hope for the fans that Capcom will bring back Darkstalkers in some way. With the latest news maybe they will make a remaster or something, even if isn't a new game that would be nice.

D

Deleted member

What a rollercoaster lol... Here's hoping we see Geno, Doomslayer, or Reimu to end the pass with. As much as I want Doomslayer and Geno (my number 1 and 2 wanted respectively), I'm actually rooting for Reimu just so we can get one female with this pass while also representing Japanese indie games.
Finally someone who wants me to shut up.

Being that anyone is fair game, I'm betting on Morrigan, Reimu, or Saber. Reimu being the most probable of the three.

I have for a while thought we would get a female character in the fighter pass or at least robin/corrin/wii fit trainer/inkling etc.. type character with male and female alts. But then we got through 4 characters with the only female being kazooie and I stopped assuming we HAD to get a female rep, but we still certainly could and I think the pass would make sense to have one its just with only one spot in the pass left its hard to say it NEEDS to be a female character.it would limit speculation way too much if i let my thought process believe that.
Thank you for the support! It's okay if it limits your thought process though rest assured anyone is fair game.

I hope for the fans that Capcom will bring back Darkstalkers in some way. With the latest news maybe they will make a remaster or something, even if isn't a new game that would be nice.
Just give us a port of DS3 and we'll be happy.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The next Smash Direct comes and goes.

At the very end, after all is said and done, Sakurai bows to the camera, telling the audience that was all they had to show today, and thanks them for watching.

The screen fades to black, and then...

bubble-objection.gif

D

Deleted member

At the very end, after all is said and done, Sakurai bows to the camera, telling the audience that was all they had to show today, and thanks them for watching.

View attachment 242998
Dude that'll be sick to watch. Especially if the Nintendo Store loses their minds.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, something of note.

Judging by this pass MOST of them are from games that were of note in 2017. Persona 5 released in 2017, Dragon Quest 11 released in 2017, King of Fighter XIV released in 2017, the ONLY outlier is Banjo & Kazooie. I dunno IF this really matters but it seems like they must have picked these characters around this time and have been picking them based on their popularity in THAT year. At this time Banjo was pretty popular as well due to Phil's acknowledgement in 2015 of the Smash demand.

Monster Hunter, Resident Evil VII, and NeiR: Automata are three of the more popular 3rd party releases worldwide in 2017. I think it's VERY likely our last character is a character from one of these 3 series if it isn't Hayabusa.

Got my money on 2B.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Darkstalkers would look so amazing with GG Xrd graphics...

Make it a time travel story that connects Darkstalkers, Ghosts'N Goblins and Red Earth into one universe. Tie all of Capcom's legendary monster/Makai kingdom franchises together!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

View attachment 242998
And at the end of that

And Miles Edgeworth smuggly drops hints at the first post Pass character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom