• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
None of the female options I propose to address this issue would be in just because they're female, and I know that the characters currently in the Fighter's Pass for their own reasons and not because of their gender. My point was to push the ideas of representation through characters that are actually quite beloved by a number of people from games that are equally, if not more beloved. And more specifically, I'm trying to get those in support of female characters to address the diversity issue to rally behind characters that people will have a harder time fighting back against (I mean, the Smash Bubble will always rail against every character that isn't for them, but that's another conversation) and solidify the movement beyond "female" fighter in general to more specific goals to result in change and inclusions in the roster form notable female characters.

Male coded refers to the fact that many of the genres and archetypes you mentioned are primarily dominated by male main characters. There's reason for that given that earlier video games were heavily targeted at the young male middle class population in the US during the 1980s and 1990s, but it's still a reality that males lead a disproportional amount of video games compared to female characters and characters of color (which is in an even worse state than the already lacking female percentage of lead characters). You can have all these really diverse "types of characters," without actually having diverse fighters when it comes to crucial facets of your identity such as race, gender, and sexuality. A great deal of characters have diverse "character traits", but they themselves are not inherently diverse in other areas that can be crucial to your lived experience. Gender will determine a great number of the pressures you face in life and inherently does create a different set of expectations from those born as males through society's gender roles and traditional modes of thinking.

Just wanting a female fighter isn't really an invalid stance to take regarding character desires. The Smash community treats it as such with an alarming frequency because they're determined to keep their ideas of "how characters work and should be included" above all else, but liking a character because they're a strong female character is just as valid as "This characters look cool" or "I like the game they're from." People like characters for all sorts of "seemingly inconsequential and or 'shallow" reasons" (keep in mind I'm not saying any of these things are inherently shallow, I'm just saying they have been perceived as such by some members of the Smash community at different points). You're in no position to tell someone their reason for wanting a character "isn't enough" and nobody here is. You can speculate chances all day, but a person's desire for a character cannot be challenged as its a personal opinion that they have chosen to express and they are incredibly unlikely to change their mind regarding such ideas. There is no "acceptable reason" for wanting a character in Smash. There is just your reason for wanting a character.

As for Overwatch, people do own more than one console these days and the internet gives you access to basically every game you may not personally play. A person can watch hours of Overwatch content on the YouTube app on the Switch if they want without ever actually playing it for example. Smash is kind of massive phenomenon that reaches out to people across almost all of gaming at this point, and can draw people in with character inclusions, particularly as the Switch itself becomes a more attractive option for gamers everywhere and includes more titles. I don't see an argument against people wanting Tracer or possibly getting into Smash through a theoretical Tracer. Smash isn't that niche to where it's impossible to conceive of such a reality happening.

Representation means something because you want to see yourself on the screen and characters that come from your background represented. It doesn't have to be that way for everyone, but there are a number of people who appreciate the fact that they're lived experience is in some way represented by a character on the screen, even if it's just race, gender, or sexuality. Coming from mediums that don't always do the best job at portraying those sorts of things or don't feature them in prominent roles, a playable character can mean a lot to people, or a seen in which women are given a moment of empowerment (such as in Avengers Endgame when all of the woman heroes have their big scene against Thanos) can mean the world to someone who understands the rarity of such moments in much of media and even fiction as a whole. If you don't see it, that's fine, but you can't impose your personal feelings on to others who do see representation as a relevant topic. In the same way that Geno can be a character pick for his fans, a character that is a pick that people rally behind through or because of representation is a pick for them. You may not like them or what they "stand for" or whatever, but they're not for you and that's OK. Look up, "Why representation matters" and read some of the literature on that subject to see how it stands to benefit people and can be a great positive to see themselves or people of their experience realized in entertainment products and society in general.

I mean, Smash is media, so the fact media focuses primarily on hetero-normative white characters is relevant. That's what media has primarily been designed to appeal to. The early days of the film industry entirely promoted such characters, and that trend generally has carried over until fairly recently. As I mentioned earlier, video game companies targeted a young male, middle class audience primarily in the 1980s, 1990s, and even most of the early 2000s and designed characters to primarily appeal to those individuals. Most of the authors across the canonical literary fields were white males that could afford to exclusively write from positions of either nobility or wealth that were not subject to prejudices levied against individuals from different backgrounds that were considered "not real writers" or "low art." Media has made a lot of headway in recent years, but there's still much more progress to be made. Almost all forms of media were initially produced either by or for white male, heterosexual audiences. They've become more open to ideas and specifically, noticed profitability in other areas once you get closer to the modern era... but there's still a disproportionate number of characters that trend towards white males leading things like video games. I mean, look how hard we have to work to come up with a solid list of female lead franchises and titles. Look how much harder than that it is to find lead characters of color in games. And how many of those options also reinforce negative stereotypes or lack the depth of other main characters for this reason or that? Games in particular have focused on a more narrow section of consumers, and thus reflect a focus on hetero-normative white male consumers.
The real problem with the whole "diversity" angle for a game like Smash is that the problem isn't really a thing. Smash is already one if the most widely diverse games in all of gaming. The whole point of "there's not enough diversity in Smash" goes out the window the moment you look at what the game's roster actually has to offer. First off half the Roster are japanese characters. The other are anthropomorphic animals, women, and three italians. You're telling me in a game I where I can play as yellow rodents and can fight against a tan boxing super star from New York that can turn into the ****ing hulk when using his ultimate attack isn't diverse? A game where you can play as a fat italian man who saves princesses, and shoots fire from his hands, and also has a ****ing doctorate degree can battle a tall AF female space bounty hunter and her trusty evil nemesis a purple dragon man is not diverse? Do you get how dumb that argument is now?...*sigh* Look want a character all you want so long as that reasoning actually makes ****ing sense in contrast to the game in question. Smash is already diverse the argument that it's not is moronic you're choosing to not see how diverse the game is to fit an agenda and that right there is the problem. Politics should stay the hell away from games like Smash, no one plays a game like Smash to be politically correct. People play games to get away from reality not to ****ing relive it. The whole point of a game is that it's an escape from the real world no gives actually gives a **** about "muh real life representation!" In a game like Smash because these characters are literally souless puppets. Also YOU are not Lara YOU are not Shantae YOU just play the character that is them nothing more nothing less. You will never be who they are and that's kinda the point, games are suspension of disbelief. You can see yourself in any character for whatever reason. Especially in a game like Smash where the characters are again quite literally lifeless puppets. They are a caricature of you the player, the character's "character" is whatever the hell you want it to be. Which makes the whole diversity debate even more redundant because if they're whatever YOU want them to be then they're already diverse. In your eyes your head canon of say Ike could be that he's actually a pansexual transgendered women who changed their gender from female to male because they wanted to join the war but couldn't because they were a women. Or that Wario is actually a gay man who's dating Waluigi. Do you see what I mean? The diversity problem isn't actually a "problem" because it doesn't ****ing exist. So it's a silly argument to make.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

JRPGs can range anywhere from Nier Automata: a hack n slash/shoot 'em up, to a survival horror game like Parasite Eve, to a dungeon crawling/social sim/visual novel like Persona 4, to an open exploration game with MMO mechanics and transforming flying robots like Xenoblade X. They can be so radically different from each other at times, I wouldn't even complain if we got another one.
I wouldn't too. Almost every RPG I've played has their own flavor to it. One of my side projects right now for college (that I'm still on hold due to, well, college) is a Smash Bros RPG.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The real problem with the whole "diversity" angle for a game like Smash is that the problem isn't really a thing. Smash is already one if the most widely diverse games in all of gaming. The whole point of "there's not enough diversity in Smash" goes out the window the moment you look at what the game's roster actually has to offer. First off half the Roster are japanese characters. The other are anthropomorphic animals, women, and three italians. You're telling me in a game I where I can play as yellow rodents and can fight against a tan boxing super star from New York that can turn into the ****ing hulk when using his ultimate attack isn't diverse? A game where you can play as a fat italian man who saves princesses, and shoots fire from his hands, and also has a ****ing doctorate degree can battle a tall AF female space bounty hunter and her trusty evil nemesis a purple dragon man is not diverse? Do you get how dumb that argument is now?...*sigh* Look want a character all you want so long as that reasoning actually makes ****ing sense in contrast to the game in question. Smash is already diverse the argument that it's not is moronic you're choosing to not see how diverse the game is to fit an agenda and that right there is the problem. Politics should stay the hell away from games like Smash, no one plays a game like Smash to be politically correct. People play games to get away from reality not to ****ing relive it. The whole point of a game is that it's an escape from the real world no gives actually gives a **** about "muh real life representation!" In a game like Smash because these characters are literally souless puppets. Also YOU are not Lara YOU are not Shantae YOU just play the character that is them nothing more nothing less. You will never be who they are and that's kinda the point, games are suspension of disbelief. You can see yourself in any character for whatever reason. Especially in a game like Smash where the characters are again quite literally lifeless puppets. They are a caricature of you the player, the character's "character" is whatever the hell you want it to be. Which makes the whole diversity debate even more redundant because if they're whatever YOU want them to be then they're already diverse. In your eyes your head canon of say Ike could be that he's actually a pansexual transgendered women who changed their gender from female to male because they wanted to join the war but couldn't because the were a women. Or that Wario is actually a gay man who's dating Waluigi. Do you see what I mean? The diversity problem isn't actually a "problem" because it doesn't ****ing exist. So it's a silly argument to make.
spikewut.gif

My dude. This ain't it.

Don't add fuel to this ****storm of a conversation.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
JRPGs are so diverse and different and have so many different archetypes and characters that honestly I don’t care if we get another, the thing about the genre is that it’s so varied that any character from it will likely be much different than characters who come from platformers or fighting games even (Crash and Heihachi for example are pretty simple in terms of design archetypes compared to someone like Lloyd Irving or Terra Branford)

D

Deleted member

The real problem with the whole "diversity" angle for a game like Smash is that the problem isn't really a thing. Smash is already one if the most widely diverse games in all of gaming. The whole point of "there's not enough diversity in Smash" goes out the window the moment you look at what the game's roster actually has to offer. First off half the Roster are japanese characters. The other are anthropomorphic animals, women, and three italians. You're telling me in a game I where I can play as yellow rodents and can fight against a tan boxing super star from New York that can turn into the ****ing hulk when using his ultimate attack isn't diverse? A game where you can play as a fat italian man who saves princesses, and shoots fire from his hands, and also has a ****ing doctorate degree can battle a tall AF female space bounty hunter and her trusty evil nemesis a purple dragon man is not diverse? Do you get how dumb that argument is now?...*sigh* Look want a character all you want so long as that reasoning actually makes ****ing sense in contrast to the game in question. Smash is already diverse the argument that it's not is moronic you're choosing to not see how diverse the game is to fit an agenda and that right there is the problem. Politics should stay the hell away from games like Smash, no one plays a game like Smash to be politically correct. People play games to get away from reality not to ****ing relive it. The whole point of a game is that it's an escape from the real world no gives actually gives a **** about "muh real life representation!" In a game like Smash because these characters are literally souless puppets. Also YOU are not Lara YOU are not Shantae YOU just play the character that is them nothing more nothing less. You will never be who they are and that's kinda the point, games are suspension of disbelief. You can see yourself in any character for whatever reason. Especially in a game like Smash where the characters are again quite literally lifeless puppets. They are a caricature of you the player, the character's "character" is whatever the hell you want it to be. Which makes the whole diversity debate even more redundant because if they're whatever YOU want them to be then they're already diverse. In your eyes your head canon of say Ike could be that he's actually a pansexual transgendered women who changed their gender from female to male because they wanted to join the war but couldn't because the were a women. Or that Wario is actually a gay man who's dating Waluigi. Do you see what I mean? The diversity problem isn't actually a "problem" because it doesn't ****ing exist. So it's a silly argument to make.
Bruh, do I have to do this again?

I'm taking a break from talking about my opinion. I kinda just wanna relax and talk about something that is not my "At LeAst OnE FeMale DlC ChARacter" opinion. As much as I would reply, I'm holding off for the meantime.
JRPGs are so diverse and different and have so many different archetypes and characters that honestly I don’t care if we get another, the thing about the genre is that it’s so varied that any character from it will likely be much different than characters who come from platformers or fighting games even (Crash and Heihachi for example are pretty simple in terms of design archetypes compared to someone like Lloyd Irving or Terra Branford)
I wouldn't ***** about it if we get too many JRPG reps. And if most of them are anime designed? I wouldn't ***** about being called a weeb for it. In fact, I embrace it.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice

I loved your reply and agree with you. I’m sorry that you will be called out for a well thought out post about the ridiculousness of diversity, I already see someone calling it bait because we can’t possibly be here with real opinions.

They would rather keep the person who said she would quit smash and leave this board if a female character doesn’t make it in than us the true lovers of this game.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The real problem with the whole "diversity" angle for a game like Smash is that the problem isn't really a thing. Smash is already one if the most widely diverse games in all of gaming. The whole point of "there's not enough diversity in Smash" goes out the window the moment you look at what the game's roster actually has to offer. First off half the Roster are japanese characters. The other are anthropomorphic animals, women, and three italians. You're telling me in a game I where I can play as yellow rodents and can fight against a tan boxing super star from New York that can turn into the ****ing hulk when using his ultimate attack isn't diverse? A game where you can play as a fat italian man who saves princesses, and shoots fire from his hands, and also has a ****ing doctorate degree can battle a tall AF female space bounty hunter and her trusty evil nemesis a purple dragon man is not diverse? Do you get how dumb that argument is now?...*sigh* Look want a character all you want so long as that reasoning actually makes ****ing sense in contrast to the game in question. Smash is already diverse the argument that it's not is moronic you're choosing to not see how diverse the game is to fit an agenda and that right there is the problem. Politics should stay the hell away from games like Smash, no one plays a game like Smash to be politically correct. People play games to get away from reality not to ****ing relive it. The whole point of a game is that it's an escape from the real world no gives actually gives a **** about "muh real life representation!" In a game like Smash because these characters are literally souless puppets. Also YOU are not Lara YOU are not Shantae YOU just play the character that is them nothing more nothing less. You will never be who they are and that's kinda the point, games are suspension of disbelief. You can see yourself in any character for whatever reason. Especially in a game like Smash where the characters are again quite literally lifeless puppets. They are a caricature of you the player, the character's "character" is whatever the hell you want it to be. Which makes the whole diversity debate even more redundant because if they're whatever YOU want them to be then they're already diverse. In your eyes your head canon of say Ike could be that he's actually a pansexual transgendered women who changed their gender from female to male because they wanted to join the war but couldn't because they were a women. Or that Wario is actually a gay man who's dating Waluigi. Do you see what I mean? The diversity problem isn't actually a "problem" because it doesn't ****ing exist. So it's a silly argument to make.
Honestly I’m going to be real you aren’t contributing to anything with this post.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Bro haha, I have no words. Block me. Certain political types can’t handle dissent. I would prefer to talk smash legitimately but if you can’t keep it their cause you seethe with rage that I disagree with your philosophy whole heartedly. Then that’s your issue.
ow the edge

Games classified as JRPGs can range anywhere from Nier Automata: a hack n slash/shoot 'em up, to a survival horror game like Parasite Eve, to a dungeon crawling/social sim/visual novel like Persona 4, to an open world exploration game with MMO mechanics and transforming flying robots like Xenoblade X. They can be so radically different from each other at times, I wouldn't even complain if we got another one.
You. Good. Keep talking.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Games classified as JRPGs can range anywhere from Nier Automata: a hack n slash/shoot 'em up, to a survival horror game like Parasite Eve, to a dungeon crawling/social sim/visual novel like Persona 4, to an open world exploration game with MMO mechanics and transforming flying robots like Xenoblade X. They can be so radically different from each other at times, I wouldn't even complain if we got another one.
Speaking of Parasite Eve, Aya Brea is my “snowball’s chance in hell” pick. She’s probably NEVER gonna get in, especially compared to other SE choices like Geno, Sora, 2B, Neku or even someone from like Star Ocean or something, but if she does it would be amazing

D

Deleted member

How can you say he’s not their most i comic character? isn’t he essentially their longest running IP as well as the character they use for all their crossovers, warriors of orochi, DOA, etc? If you don’t like the word mascot then whatever .

He’s the one that would make it in smash.
Like I said, he's an icon but not Koei-Tecmo's mascot. It's like how Slime is the mascot of Dragon Quest and not any of the protagonists. Apparently Nobunyaga Oda from Samurai Cats and Nyabraham Linnyahn are actually Koei-Tecmo's mascots.

1571008888139.png

I should also clarify I want Hayabusa in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Certain non-political types can't handle politics on their video game forum.
It’s part of the reason I finally posted here after years, I saw her talking about the game industry being sexist and other things before because a female character hadn’t been dlc yet and I thought it pretty bold and wildly inappropriate.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I’m going to be real you aren’t contributing to anything with this post.
You could say the same thing about half the posts that happen on a daily basis here and every other forum. Doesn't mean I can't state how I feel about a comment when I see something that strikes me about it. The irony of your reply is that the same can be said about yours just saying.

D

Deleted member

Like I said, he's an icon but not Koei-Tecmo's mascot. It's like how Slime is the mascot of Dragon Quest and not any of the protagonists. Apparently Nobunyaga Oda from Samurai Cats and Nyabraham Linnyahn are actually Koei-Tecmo's mascots.

View attachment 241945

This is like saying Athena Asamiya's an icon with SNK yet Terry's the mascot. Even though she's my wanted for a period of time, I settled with Terry, knowing we're at least repped in Smash. Over time, I did grow to like Terry more.:b:

Eh, I'd save Hayabusa for Season 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBS

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 241945

Semantics, the point being made is that Ryu would be the character.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You could say the same thing about half the posts that happen on a daily basis here and every other forum. Doesn't mean I can't state how I feel about a comment when I see something that strikes me about it. The irony of your reply is that the same can be said about yours just saying.
I mean just saying things these past few days have already been heated enough, all your post was doing was taking more coal and shoveling it into the fire while everyone was trying to put it out.

D

Deleted member

Let's get more Anime Sword people in game
Did I mention that I take great hilarity in seeing people's salt over a certain character?

LET'S MAKE SMASH SOUL CALI PEOPLE!!! MORE SWORDIES WOO!!

Nah jk but still yeah more swordie in Smash =)

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Did I mention that I take great hilarity in seeing people's salt over a certain character?

LET'S MAKE SMASH SOUL CALI PEOPLE!!! MORE SWORDIES WOO!!

Nah jk but still yeah more swordie in Smash =)
People get mad and I'll get glad I still have plenty of characters I want that use swords ain't my fault there popular ain't my fault I like Anime lol

D

Deleted member

I mean just saying things these past few days have already been heated enough, all your post was doing was taking more coal and shoveling it into the fire while everyone was trying to put it out.
Yeah. Even I, who was responsible for making a big deal out of thi, want it to quell a bit.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We don't really talk about victory themes all that much, so let's talk about them.

Aside from FF and Persona 5, most of the victory themes in Ultimate range from 5 - 8 seconds, so for some of the franchises you want to see or think will be in Smash, what would be their victory themes?

For example, Dynasty Warriors has Victory Jubilee, Samurai Warriors has the Victory Theme, Ninja Gaiden has the Next Act sound effect, Soulcalibur could have the Victory theme from SC VI, and Deadly Premonition could have the closing bit of The Woods and the Goddess.
Bandana Dee would probably use the generic Kirby one, and Marx would either use Meta Knight's or a small snippet of his own theme (like K.Rool).
Kamek would probably do what the Mario and Metroid antagonists do and have a dark version of the Yoshi jingle.
For Grovyle, I see them doing what Hero did and pulling a snippet of an important theme (Either the main theme, the Guild, Treasure Town, or Primal Dialga).
Maxwell would obviously be the "Starite Get" jingle.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
You know, Yakuza is classified as a JRPG and Kiryu plays nothing like any other JRPG character we have. You'd be hard-pressed to tell me that a badass Japanese gangster man would play anything like the spiky haired anime boys wielding absurdly long swords you see in a lot of "traditional" JRPGs.

Basically, the point I'm trying to get at is that I really want Kiryu in Smash and Sakurai should totally put him in to appease me and me alone.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
That's not my fault though now is eventually debates like this always, ALWAYS turn into giant flame wars regardless of what people say or do. I was just replying to something I saw I had my own opinion on. Just because other people decided to turn the same debate into a flame war does not mean I shouldn't voice my own viewpoint on the subject. That's them, I have nothing to do with what other people say or do. Just what I say or do I'm accountable for myself not other random anons.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I just had to state how I felt about that comment I'm nit here to start a flame war. I'm just debating I'm not looking to start a fight with anyone.
"I'm just debating!" he says as he continues a discussion the moderators explicitly told us to stop, "It's just a prank!". It's not debating at this point, it's just beating a dead horse.

Seriously, it's like nobody here knows when to quit. I hate to play the "both sides" card, but in this case it is genuinely both sides that continue to incite and escalate this conversation. Just cut it out and move on.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You know, Yakuza is classified as a JRPG and Kiryu plays nothing like any other JRPG character we have. You'd be hard-pressed to tell me that a badass Japanese gangster man would play anything like the spiky haired anime boys wielding absurdly long swords you see in a lot of "traditional" JRPGs.

Basically, the point I'm trying to get at is that I really want Kiryu in Smash and Sakurai should totally put him in to appease me and me alone.
If we got Kiryu and Arle, I think that would be pretty much every major Sega character in the game at that point (though Shin Megami Tensei weeps from afar...). I'm down for either, and I'd love to see some Yakuza on Switch!

D

Deleted member

Semantics, the point being made is that Ryu would be the character.
I mean yeah he'd most likely be in Smash over those 2. I'm not trying to say that their mascots will be chosen over him; I'm saying he's not really their mascot but 1 of KT's biggest icons.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I will say there is a possible chance that someone like Zhao Yun from Dynasty Warriors could be in Smash as KT's rep before him, so it isn't really like there's 0 competition in terms of a Koei-Tecmo rep in Smash.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
People get mad and I'll get glad I still have plenty of characters I want that use swords ain't my fault there popular ain't my fault I like Anime lol
This is the same thing about swordies as it is with females, there are a disproportionate amount of Protagonist who are male and use a sword, if we are truly getting a bunch of new series repped there has to be more sword users and mainly male characters. Lloys is a strong choice in my mind.

I understand what you’re saying but the intention for myself and I believe for this poster was to come here and not get heated but just state our opinions about someone else’s opinions that were stated. Unemotionally.

D

Deleted member

I mean yeah he'd most likely be in Smash over those 2. I'm not trying to say that their mascots will be chosen over him; I'm saying he's not really their mascot but 1 of KT's biggest icons.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I will say there is a possible chance that someone like Zhao Yun from Dynasty Warriors could be in Smash as KT's rep before him, so it isn't really like there's 0 competition in terms of a Koei-Tecmo rep in Smash.
Yeah, but I'm quite doubtful. Because...

**** I don't want to make this political again.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice

But Ryu has the corroborating evidence as well. I’m not just pulling him out of a hat. Dynasty warriors has nothing, no mentions so there isn’t too much of a reason to go there.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I understand what you’re saying but the intention for myself and I believe for this poster was to come here and not get heated but just state our opinions about someone else’s opinions that were stated. Unemotionally.
The problem is that you're "stating your opinions" when the conversation has deescalated and moved on. When people call you on that you continue to double down on it. There's also the issue that you're explicitly ignoring the moderators' request to stop this conversation.

Just stop it. That's all you need to do. Leave the thread for a couple of hours, let the conversation move on, and then come back and join it. It's what I do when I get ganged up on, and it's pretty effective.

At this rate I'm half tempted to call for a thread lock since it's clear some people here just don't know when to quit.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Put 24 hour Cinderella as one of the music tracks and you have me there day 1.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m gonna be honest with you folks here.. I think Carmen is impossible, I didn’t even know she Originated from a video game character! She has that ONE game but after that I feel people know her more for the tv shows, this isn’t a aqua mon situation, this is a “Lucario originated from a movie” situation. I think Carmen is impossible.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I’m gonna be honest with you folks here.. I think Carmen is impossible, I didn’t even know she Originated from a video game character! She has that ONE game but after that I feel people know her more for the tv shows, this isn’t a aqua mon situation, this is a “Lucario originated from a movie” situation. I think Carmen is impossible.
I don't think it was a serious request. Even if it was I can't imagine Sakurai putting Carmen Sandiego of all characters in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
The problem is that you're "stating your opinions" when the conversation has deescalated moved on, and when people call you on that you continue to double down on it. There's also the issue that you're explicitly ignoring the moderators' request to stop this conversation.

Just stop it. That's all you need to do. Leave the thread for a couple of hours, let the conversation move on, and then come back and join it. It's what I do when I get ganged up on, and it's pretty effective.

At this rate I'm half tempted to call for a thread lock since it's clear some people here just don't know when to quit.

You gotta stop being dramatic friend.

1) this other poster was newly posting and it was a long list probably took a while to think and write, give him a break.

2) it was dead from earlier until the far left feminist chick brought it back up an hour or so ago, I responded but I’m letting it go down if you just let it pass, we aren’t even directly talking anymore cause she quit saying the political stuff she was saying and apparently blocked me, this guy said his peace and there’s nothing going on.

3) relax.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
"I'm just debating!" he says as he continues a discussion the moderators explicitly told us to stop, "It's just a prank!". It's not debating at this point, it's just beating a dead horse.

Seriously, it's like nobody here knows when to quit. I hate to play the "both sides" card, but in this case it is genuinely both sides that continue to incite and escalate this conversation. Just cut it out and move on.
First off I didn't even see what other bull**** happened regarding the subject past the little I did see. Secondly, again as I stated before I'm accountable for the **** that I specifically say. Not what other people say or how they say it, that's them and whatever is those people said has nothing to do with me. I was just stating my opinion on something I saw I had my own viewpoint on nothing more nothing less. I didn't even intend on saying anything more past what I said cause I know there's no ****ing point. But then I got a wave of people coming at me for voicing my opinion, in a place that's literally designed to voice opinions for no ****ing reason. **** like this is why I stopped coming to this site. Everyone on here is just in a perpetual mood of salt for no god damn reason and it's exhausting to see at play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom