• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think a remix of “Sweden” or “Minecraft” done in either an orchestral style or the same style as “Wait” (once “Where Are We Now?”) would be excellent as a Steve victory theme.

Geno’s would, of course, be a remix of SMRPG’s victory fanfare. Maybe it could loop.

Porky’s could be “Porky Means Business!”, “A Great Person’s Theme” or the short Pigmask tune that plays when you’re introduced to Master Mini-Porky.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
You know what? That's fair enough. I think you could have some fun with time manipulation and add in some cool abilities, but I won't deny that she is made to be the sort of more standard character in Overwatch properly.

Unrelated to you, but how do people feel about Sakurai's ideas for this overall "museum of Japanese gaming" or whatever? We're actually getting close to having most of that filled out. Resident Evil at 92 million copies sold is the biggest Japanese franchise not in the game, then Monster Hunter at 54 million, and then Tekken at 48 million before a bigger drop (I will point out that Tomb Raider is actually the second biggest not in at 74 million, but she started as a Western character... so I'm not quite counting her). I know those franchises don't always excite people, but I find it really impressive how much ground Sakurai has already covered and how many of the big name companies are in.

If you got those three in, got in a couple of the other bigger franchises like Souls and Tales, added in Koei Tecmo, Arc System Works, and maybe like Falcom, and then got in personalities like Yako Taro and Suda 51 in the game through 2B and Travis, you'd have virtually gotten everything majorly Japanese related in the game across the industry. It's amazing we're already doing as well as we are with such things to be honest, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Sakurai go for a lot of these... and honestly, it would just be really cool.
Falcom is one of the Japanese companies that people have been sleeping on they got plenty of characters and the fact that there the ones who pioneered the action rpg genre does help there chances especially since alot of companies from there time as well are gone there still here making games till this day

D

Deleted member

MAGANDANG UMAGA SA INYONG LAHAT!!!

I've been backreading this entire forum a while ago. When I opened up Smashboards I was beyond shocked about the 22 Notifs I got. Since this is the most active thread, I'll start here.

I kinda liked how all of you suddenly got tired of debating over a female character. In fact, when I opened up the notifs box I thought there was a leak already, but there was none...so...yeah.

Holy cos that discussion was toxic. I swear that with my banter that I hope all this ends with a legit leak or a Direct. Then it's judgment day.

Still praying for a female character. If you think you can convince me that what I'm wanting is wrong, then I'm sorry but I stand my ground.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
I mean, Activizion Blizzard ****ery aside (you can be the judge of that for yourself, as I know everybody has different takes on this), she is one of the few modern icons in gaming I think we've come out of the past few years and she and most of the Overwatch cast seem almost brought over from an older era of mascots and such. I know you don't like her, but I don't think she's as terrible as people seem to think.

The fact is if you polled most Blizzard fans to which there are a ton and I think Nintendo wouldn’t mind tapping into that market, most all would prefer a different character. Tracer is not hot amongst Big blizzard fans.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Falcom is one of the Japanese companies that people have been sleeping on they got plenty of characters and the fact that there the ones who pioneered the action rpg genre does help there chances especially since alot of companies from there time as well are gone there still here making games till this day
Falcom? Well, just so I don’t repeat my SNK ignorance, are there any notable franchise examples?

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
MAGANDANG UMAGA SA INYONG LAHAT!!!

I've been backreading this entire forum a while ago. When I opened up Smashboards I was beyond shocked about the 22 Notifs I got. Since this is the most active thread, I'll start here.

I kinda liked how all of you suddenly got tired of debating over a female character. In fact, when I opened up the notifs box I thought there was a leak already, but there was none...so...yeah.

Holy cos that discussion was toxic. I swear that with my banter that I hope all this ends with a legit leak or a Direct. Then it's judgment day.

Still praying for a female character. If you think you can convince me that what I'm wanting is wrong, then I'm sorry but I stand my ground.

Bruh please don’t go back there. Mods asked us to stop.

D

Deleted member

The fact is if you polled most Blizzard fans to which there are a ton and I think Nintendo wouldn’t mind tapping into that market, most all would prefer a different character. Tracer is not hot amongst Big blizzard fans.
Considering that Blizzard has a yon of fun IPs to use that would be the case. Who would'vw thought Diablo would make a good re-

"Girl, Diablo is being murdered by ActiBliz. Do you girls not have..."

AY POR FAVOR SHUT UP

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Considering that Blizzard has a yon of fun IPs to use that would be the case. Who would'vw thought Diablo would make a good re-

"Girl, Diablo is being murdered by ActiBliz. Do you girls not have..."

AY POR FAVOR SHUT UP
This made no sense lol

D

Deleted member

This made no sense lol
IKR.

Anyway, if the mods are reading this, I fully take responsibility for the female character discussion going AWOL. I was the one who started it, and I'll try to make sure that it gets resolved well.

But I still rest my case that we should still have at least one female newcomer for DLC.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
I think characters should be chosen because what they could bring to the table, not just because they're iconic. With this logic Call of Duty is pretty much confirmed because of it's a part of gaming history

Call of duty would probably be in the game if it had a notable reoccurring character and you weren’t playing generic humans.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Falcom? Well, just so I don’t repeat my SNK ignorance, are there any notable franchise examples?
Ys,The Legend of Heros,Tokyo Xanadu there is more notable things and for that your gonna wanna talk to more experienced people with falcom we got a thread if you want info but if a character from them were to be a thing it would be Adol Christin from Ys

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Trolling
IKR.

Anyway, if the mods are reading this, I fully take responsibility for the female character discussion going AWOL. I was the one who started it, and I'll try to make sure that it gets resolved well.

But I still rest my case that we should still have at least one female newcomer for DLC.

I don’t actually hope this, but since you’re going back to that, I hope all the characters are male. I rest my case.

D

Deleted member

I don’t actually hope this, but since you’re going back to that, I hope all the characters are male. I rest my case.
So you're telling me that all that you posted is literally against what I initially discussed.

And why? Do you believe women have no right to be in this Fighters Pass? Are you going to leave out our demographic?

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
On the topic of victory animations, if Jill makes it in and one of her victory animations doesn't have Barry Burton tell her that she was almost a Jill Sandwich, I want a refund for the entire Fighters Pass

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So you're telling me that all that you posted is literally against what I initially discussed.

And why? Do you believe women have no right to be in this Fighters Pass? Are you going to leave out our demographic?
Can we not do this again? It's getting increasingly toxic.

D

Deleted member

Can we not do this again? It's getting increasingly toxic.
Apologies. But however, I read the back posts and was immediayely triggered by what this guy said. I am trying to be calm about the subject. However, I am hoping that we can finally get a leak so we could determine which of these sides win.

I do not want this discussion to die, but I don't want it to get to the point that everyone's throwing tables. It's my responsibility for starting this, and I have the right to control its flow.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice

Nooo, I was pretending to be you so you could see how ignorant it sounds to choose a character based on sex.

If we’re talking demographics I would put money on most real women wanting sora.

If you’re talking demographic representation in the game I’d say a ton of stuff isnt represented in the game and that’s a terrible reason to want things in smash.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Here's some more dumb ideas for Mii costumes.

Brawlers:
Johnny Gat Mascot Set (Saints Row)
Skullomania Set (Street Fighter EX)
Hatty Hattington Set (Battleblock Theater)
John Cena Set (WWE)
Fighting Alloy Set (Super Smash Bros Brawl)

Swordfighters:
Cadence Set using a longsword (Crypt of the NecroDancer)
Monopoly Guy Set using a cane (Monopoly)
Darth Vader Set using a lightsaber (Star Wars)
Korekiyo Shinguji Set using a plank (Danganronpa)

Gunners:
Gordon Freeman Set with Gravity Gun (Half-Life)
Chell Set with Portal Gun (Portal)
Crypto Set with Zap-O-Matic (Destroy All Humans)
Yumi Muto Set with a modified Duel Disk (Yu-Gi-Oh)

D

Deleted member

Nooo, I was pretending to be you so you could see how ignorant it sounds to choose a character based on sex.

If we’re talking demographics I would put money on most real women wanting sora.

If you’re talking demographic representation in the game I’d say a ton of stuff isnt represented in the game and that’s a terrible reason to want things in smash.
*must...calm...down*

Just how are you pretending to be me?

Seriously, you think that what I'm preaching is the word of evildoers. Y'all think I'm the bad guy here. First I get depressed over the stars saying its a male, and second, I have to answer to what you're saying.

Not everyone in the world is gonna agree with my stuff, and I know Nintendo cannot please everyone, but at the very least I hope we do not get left out. That is what I fear. You're just piling this fear up my shoulders.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Apologies. But however, I read the back posts and was immediayely triggered by what this guy said. I am trying to be calm about the subject. However, I am hoping that we can finally get a leak so we could determine which of these sides win.

I do not want this discussion to die, but I don't want it to get to the point that everyone's throwing tables. It's my responsibility for starting this, and I have the right to control its flow.

Every time I read something from you I just disagree with you to the core of your being, I’m not here to see who gets in and win and defeat you by the character makes it in. Nor does that even make sense or matter to the argument I pushed forward to you. If a girl got in due to the validity of her character and good reasoning, I don’t mind it. I’m arguing with you choosing a character solely based on your perception of their genitalia.

I also don’t understand why you think you have the right to choose it’s flow. The mods have that choice and I believe they wanted us to move on.

D

Deleted member

Yeah...pretty much.

But I'm not resting until we have reached a legitimate conclusion.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*must...calm...down*

Seriously, you think that what I'm preaching is the word of evildoers. Y'all think I'm the bad guy here. First I get depressed over the stars saying its a male, and second, I have to answer to what you're saying.

Not everyone in the world is gonna agree with my stuff, and I know Nintendo cannot please everyone, but at the very least I hope we do not get left out. That is what I fear. You're just piling this fear up my shoulders.
You do realize he's just baiting, right?

If you keep biting he's just gonna keep throwing more bait out.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion: I've never really found the Tales of Series all that good. Like there are a few I've enjoyed, Symphonia and Vesperia are ok and Arise looks good, but I haven't been very impressed with the rest I've played especially the Xillia games.

Anyways, that's not really the point. What I really want to say is... I really hope a Tales of Character ISN'T the last character of the pass because that would mean that 3 of the 5 characters hail from JRPGs which... just seems like repetitive? Is that just me?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every time I read something from you I just disagree with you to the core of your being, I’m not here to see who gets in and win and defeat you by the character makes it in. Nor does that even make sense or matter to the argument I pushed forward to you. If a girl got in due to the validity of her character and good reasoning, I don’t mind it. I’m arguing with you choosing a character solely based on your perception of their genitalia.

I also don’t understand why you think you have the right to choose it’s flow. The mods have that choice and I believe they wanted us to move on.
Geez, perception based on genitalia. I must be ashamed of myself.

Well, if the higher-ups want us to stop, then I'm considering this a draw. I promise myself that up until the leaks and the reveals, I choose not to continue this discussion for the meantime. If there's a legitimate leak, I have every right to take action and make my verdict.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
You do realize he's just baiting, right?

If you keep biting he's just gonna keep throwing more bait out.

I’m not baiting anyone, he/she keeps talking and bringing up the same stuff I disagree with, I’m a long time lurker and I’ve seen this person leaving comments for a long time where I thought to myself “why is no one saying anything about their irrationality”.

You could say they baited me to respond because I couldn’t take it anymore.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion: I've never really found the Tales of Series all bust good. Like there are a few I've enjoyed, Symphonia and Vesperia are ok and Arise looks good, but I haven't been very impressed with the rest I've played especially the Xillia games.

Anyways, that's not really the point. What I really want to say is... I really hope a Tales of Character ISN'T the last character of the pass because that would mean that 3 of the 5 characters hail from JRPGs which... just seems like repetitive? Is that just me?
I understand the viewpoint, but JRPGs are super popular in Japan and pretty popular in the West as well. Therefore, JRPG characters are rather safe picks when you consider the wider picture.

The Tales of series is especially popular in Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got Lloyd as Fighter #5.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion: I've never really found the Tales of Series all that good. Like there are a few I've enjoyed, Symphonia and Vesperia are ok and Arise looks good, but I haven't been very impressed with the rest I've played especially the Xillia games.

I feel like Lloyd being 5 doesn't really make sense but him getting in the game in the future dlc makes sense

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've pretty much convinced myself that the final fighter in the this pass is going to be Monster Hunter, based off of the information we got regarding Hero being initially planned for the base roster and with the fact that we have Rathalos in the game as a boss but literally nothing else from Monster Hunter.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion: I've never really found the Tales of Series all bust good. Like there are a few I've enjoyed, Symphonia and Vesperia are ok and Arise looks good, but I haven't been very impressed with the rest I've played especially the Xillia games.

Not when each JRPG in the pass plays differently and has a different audience and style.

Like I get it, and obviously I want something different to round it out (specifically Phoenix Wright) but I don't want to run down any character for their genre when several characters I really want can technically fall under the RPG banner.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*must...calm...down*

He's deliberately trying to bait you as I'm gonna be honest here, you're perfect for bullying judging by these reactions. He wants you to get mad and scared like that so my advice is to click on his profile and hit the handy dandy ignore button. He even admitted to making fun of you, but this is a forum with a block button, no need to take that horse**** from anyone

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Here's some more dumb ideas for Mii costumes.

Brawlers:
Johnny Gat Mascot Set (Saints Row)
Skullomania Set (Street Fighter EX)
Hatty Hattington Set (Battleblock Theater)
John Cena Set (WWE)
Fighting Alloy Set (Super Smash Bros Brawl)

Swordfighters:
Cadence Set using a longsword (Crypt of the NecroDancer)
Monopoly Guy Set using a cane (Monopoly)
Darth Vader Set using a lightsaber (Star Wars)

Korekiyo Shinguji Set using a plank (Danganronpa)

Gunners:
Gordon Freeman Set with Gravity Gun (Half-Life)
Chell Set with Portal Gun (Portal)
Crypto Set with Zap-O-Matic (Destroy All Humans)
Yumi Muto Set with a modified Duel Disk (Yu-Gi-Oh)
So with the use of non-video game characters, I can assume this is not serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom