• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Rareware fans are the most oppressed group in gaming society, fight me.
Chinese gamers can't even really play video games due to the censorship of the Chinese government. While I personally don't see the application to Smash, there are also plenty of demographics that are just now getting proper representation in video games or lack it entirely, specifically LGBTQ+ and minorities. There's a large difference between these and a game development company naturally moving on to different franchises.

Get outta here with your "we live in a society" schtick because it's blatantly false.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random question: who are your guys least wanted characters?
honestly I don’t hate a lot of characters, as long as they have an accurate and fun moveset I’m fine, the not character I can think of that I don’t want is any song rep that’s not Sackboy lol
Only one that could have an inch of possibility would be Lightning from FFXIII. Apart from that everyone else is cool to some degree.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I just realized something when it comes to that Tales trademark from a few days ago - people often say that another symbol would have been used for Lloyd (the one that looks like a clock), but what if - assuming the book is a Smash series emblem - it's another Tales game entirely? I don't know much about Berseria, Xillia or Vesperia, but is there a symbol close to the one that was trademarked in the other Tales games?
The book is typically used as a save point in Tales games (Starting with Vesperia, I think).

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Elma's signature 'Ghost Factory' art. It would briefly allow all attacks to phase through her, but at the cost of mobility, and (in Xenoblade X fashion) it'd have a cooldown between uses.
That could be pretty cool, though I imagine the time would have to be relatively short and the cooldown would have to be decent since it sounds like invulnerability at a button press. I think with enough testing it could be balanced though.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
honestly I don’t hate a lot of characters, as long as they have an accurate and fun moveset I’m fine, the not character I can think of that I don’t want is any song rep that’s not Sackboy lol
Huh. I was wondering when I was going to use this. These are my least wanted newcomers.

The worst fighters pass ever.png

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Chinese gamers can't even really play video games due to the censorship of the Chinese government. While I personally don't see the application to Smash, there are also plenty of demographics that are just now getting proper representation in video games or lack it entirely, specifically LGBTQ+ and minorities. There's a large difference between these and a game development company naturally moving on to different franchises.

Get outta here with your "we live in a society" schtick because it's blatantly false.
dude....it was a joke

calm down

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...Do these people host tournaments in bathrooms?
They also host at restaurant tables. And in cars during traffic jams. And pretty much ****ing anywhere. Melty Blood is basically the opposite of Melee, Melee fans demand only Melee get special treatment and Melty Blood fans find every ****ing oppertunity to play Melty Blood so that they can play whenever they want

D

Deleted member

They also host at restaurant tables. And in cars during traffic jams. And pretty much ****ing anywhere. Melty Blood is basically the opposite of Melee, Melee fans demand only Melee get special treatment and Melty Blood fans find every ****ing oppertunity to play Melty Blood so that they can play whenever they want
Melee fans don't take showers. Melty Blood fans play in the shower

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Geno

wouldn't dislike him necessarily, he'd just be too safe and basic for me...

Having a character from a one off mario spinoff that hasn't been relevant in 20+ years would just be so... meh, especially when Square's still got some notable choices you could go for, like Lara Croft, Sora (I know he's pretty much Disney, but I'm pretty sure you'd also need to go through Square as well), Crono, and so on...

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Chrono with the "h" is the game! Crono without the "h" is the character! *Yells unnecessarily to communicate that I'm joking*

You put this much effort into expressing your least wanted? lol
inb4 "it didn't actually take that much effort"
It's probably just a color filter on the background, and sticking images on a green screen or something.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You put this much effort into expressing your least wanted? lol
inb4 "it didn't actually take that much effort"
Yeah! Sometimes you gotta love your enemies and put some effort into that hatred. You want to see me put more effort into it?:ultpacman:

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
This might not be the most astute revelation, but I noticed that all the healing abilities and buff abilities come with a drawback. WFT has a timing thing, Hero's uses MP and RNG, Incineroar's is tied to a counter, and Shulk's arts all have advantages and disadvantages. Even in Sm4sh, Palutena's super speed thing had a lag period at the end.

So my question is: are there any characters you want in that you think would have a buff or healing move and how would you balance it?
I can see Jill or Leon using a healing herb for one of their specials, with it being balanced by only being able to be used a few times per stock. It would fit in with the general theme of an RE character's gimmick: having really strong or useful specials that can only be used a handful of times per stock, forcing players to think carefully about when to use those attacks. Hero and Banjo are good examples of how to balance a resource management mechanic, and the gameplay of RE lends itself incredibly well to that kind of gimmick.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I thought all the Melty Blood jokes applied to UNIST, after reading up on that game after it was approved for a spot at EVO this year. They also play the game wherever and whenever they can.

Anyway, I've fully caught up on yet another incident of someone being an asshole and making Dixie Kong look bad by comparison. Is this the third time this week?

Dixie Kong doesn't deserve to have so many toxic "fans" beat other people's desires down in her name. This **** sucks.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
There are some things you just don't joke about
Well consider it bad timing knowing Blizzard’s mess, otherwise my apologies.

Anyway, there’s no way I’m listing my least wanted characters because I’m certain you guys know the kind of Smash fan I am.

I ain’t getting my notifications piled up lmao.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well consider it bad timing knowing Blizzard’s mess, otherwise my apologies.

Anyway, there’s no way I’m listing my least wanted characters because I’m certain you guys know the kind of Smash fan I am.

I ain’t getting my notifications piled up lmao.
The only responses so far are "wow you put a lot of effort in editting it instead of just saying them" or jokes about me so you won't get ganged up on

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I can see Jill or Leon using a healing herb for one of their specials, with it being balanced by only being able to be used a few times per stock. It would fit in with the general theme of an RE character's gimmick: having really strong or useful specials that can only be used a handful of times per stock, forcing players to think carefully about when to use those attacks. Hero and Banjo are good examples of how to balance a resource management mechanic, and the gameplay of RE lends itself incredibly well to that kind of gimmick.
Banjo and Kazooie's wonder wing did open up a lot of new possibilities for resource management; my hope is just that moves don't adopt it haphazardly as a way to balance. In RE's case I feel it would make sense. As for the healing herb, I think that would fit well and would be interesting to balance since you have to consider if someone would just spam all the charges and get their stock back essentially or if it recovers too little and it's relatively useless.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I feel like its counterproductive to even think who my least wanted is. I know some of y'all want some fighters badly that I'd find to be lame as all hell. But I defend a decade old Star Puppet erryday and I know y'all care about your respective favorites as much as I do mine. Not even trying to build a moral high ground here, just saying that knowing someone somewhere cares about that character as much as I care about mine means I can live with their inclusion.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My least wanted character (barring non VG characters like Goku or Shrek) is uhhhh

bubsy? I guess. He’s like NEVER gonna happen anyway sooooo

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tracer.

The mere thought of her being in Smash brings thousands of shivers down my spine, I cannot comprehend the horror. (I’m being extremely dramatic ofc but she’d be a terrible choice lmao)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Okay, I've seen a couple of people post these kinda DLC overview mock-ups already, and I gotta ask: Is there some kinda template for these anywhere?
Here you go. This template was made by OffBi OffBi of the Geno thread or at least that's where I first saw it. Anyway this is a photoshop template so you'll need Photoshop or something like it to use it.

UyXz9Ts.png

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Tracer.

The mere thought of her being in Smash brings thousands of shivers down my spine, I cannot comprehend the horror. (I’m being extremely dramatic ofc but she’d be a terrible choice lmao)
I mean, Activizion Blizzard ****ery aside (you can be the judge of that for yourself, as I know everybody has different takes on this), she is one of the few modern icons in gaming I think we've come out of the past few years and she and most of the Overwatch cast seem almost brought over from an older era of mascots and such. I know you don't like her, but I don't think she's as terrible as people seem to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom