• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Spam Warning
Ah yes, because one poll is a be-all-end-all indication of everyone in the entire fanbase, and 100% reflects the views of everyone in the entire world that plays Smash.
You're doing it again lmao. Only one person on this entire thread said it and you're saying everyone who disagrees with you is saying it while saying "YOU ONLY WANT CHARACTERS FOR THEIR VAGINAS!" AGAIN.

If "Hey I like this character she should be in Smash" is political then it's been political ever since Sakurai turned Dragon King into Smash. Besides, we have ANTIFA icons Snake and Cloud so Smash is already political then

Bro wtf are you talking about, I told you I am only talking to those people that think the way I described which I specifically pointed out one example of said person. If you’re not that type person then wtf do you even have to disagree with me about? I haven’t said anything disagreeable UNLESS you are EXACTLY the type of person I’m describing.

I never said you can’t want a female character, I said myself I like Dixie Kong, I’m not saying to myself I only like her cause her vagina. I’m relating with people that want a female character because they think they are cool dumb ass. Not solely because they are female.

Seems to me like you’re the exact type of person I described or you wouldn’t be in such a blind rage making **** up and arguing with me. If not then calm down and quit putting words in my mouth.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For Dante, have Dante have to build up a DT gauge by attacking enemies enough to earn the right to use it
oh so bayonetta but better in every way

i guess this is how k rool fans felt when banjo came out

Last edited:

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Society has the people who don't think climate change exists in power, we've been off the rails for decades

Nice one, there are more people that believe in climate change than ever but people that have spoken truth about climate change should have just shutup and let people have their opinions man, am I right?

Regardless of your statement. People that keep on keeping on with what’s right change society.

Opinions aren't facts.

Opinions aren't facts.

You got me fam, female characters are less requested because we are sexist and baddies like K rool were number one requested because they were bad and not because people like me always thought they were cool.

Thanks for your input.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I mean
View attachment 241911
View attachment 241912
Are there any more iconic examples?

For Sol, have it balanced like in Guilty Gear, he can only do it once (per stock or per game, idk) and he suffers some rather significant endlag when he's done. For Dante, have Dante have to build up a DT gauge by attacking enemies enough to earn the right to use it
Oh jeez I forgot about Joker. I like that idea for Sol. I would looove something like ABA's with the blood to make yourself faster. Been a while since I played XX Accent Core, but I think you either hurt yourself or got the blood from your opponent, right?
I never said you can’t want a female character, I said myself I like Dixie Kong, I’m not saying to myself I only like her cause her vagina.
All you people out here talking about monkey vaginas lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh jeez I forgot about Joker. I like that idea for Sol. I would looove something like ABA's with the blood to make yourself faster. Been a while since I played XX Accent Core, but I think you either hurt yourself or got the blood from your opponent, right?

All you people out here talking about monkey vaginas lol
I think ABA hurt herself whenever she landed hits, those are meaty ass hits, but blocked moves hurt her too

D

Deleted member

Added some BOLD TEXT(tm) to help get the point across.

Seriously everyone. This conversation topic has been exhausted and at this point is becoming repetitive and increasingly toxic. I understand it's a sensitive topic and people have strong opinions about it, but for ****s sake can't we civil about it?
Me:
Who needs to be civil when you can be right?

Mods:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I think ABA hurt herself whenever she landed hits, those are meaty *** hits, but blocked moves hurt her too
Just looked it up. Yeah, she hurts herself. Was more looking for how to activate her crazy modo, which is either using a blood pack or a specific close range combo. So I think it'd be sweet to have something like that.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I hope Rabbids get in. It would be pretty funny to see people lose their cool over them. Plus I think they'd be silly and a good fit for Ultimate due to their cartoony nature.
:ultbayonetta:

Your username is not very accurate.
Versus the rest of the DLC lineup? Not saying that there aren't highly requested females (like Bayonetta and Shantae), but the vast majority of highly requested characters still happen to be male.
oh so bayonetta but better in every way

i guess this is how k rool fans felt when banjo came out
Funny

Look I'm just saying, cute female Satan is still Satan
Nah, that would be Rhea. Edelgard's pretty close, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was about to make the same goddamn comment

and then I realized Satan are Lucifer are just different names for the same person
iirc, the name Lucifer was never identified with Satan until the Latin translation of the Book Isaiah in the Christian era. Satan is a distinct character separate from Lucifer in say, the Book of Job or the Kabbalah.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
iirc, the name Lucifer was never identified with Satan until the Latin translation of the Book Isaiah in the Christian era. Satan is a distinct character separate from Lucifer in say, the Book of Job or the Kabbalah.
Yeah but in Job he was still an Angel. Lucifer and Satan refer to devil man with horns or whatever.

In Job Satan was just kind kind of that **** character like Gary Oak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah but in Job he was still an Angel. Lucifer and Satan refer to devil man with horns or whatever.

In Job Satan was just kind kind of that **** character like Gary Oak.
Man. Remember when Gary Oak enslaved the souls of the damned in the anime? That **** was dark for Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Random question: who are your guys least wanted characters?
honestly I don’t hate a lot of characters, as long as they have an accurate and fun moveset I’m fine, the not character I can think of that I don’t want is any song rep that’s not Sackboy lol

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Yeah, but we don't live in that era.

Satan and Lucifer are both just "the devil" in modern culture.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
honestly I don’t hate a lot of characters, as long as they have an accurate and fun moveset I’m fine, the not character I can think of that I don’t want is any song rep that’s not Sackboy lol
Obviously Goku.

Why the **** is that even a thing to begin with? Guess because he's popular amIrite? Guess that also means Spider-Man, Batman, Spongebob and Shrek should be allowed to get in too because they're popular! Why is it that Goku should be considered an exception?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'd get salty as **** about Ragna but that's only because I want Sol first, but the 2 options I cannot **** with at all are Geno and Lycanroc. I guess the fact one of them will never happen does help on my end though

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pikachu.

Never got why people think an anime character is likely.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
This is the DLC we're talking about. And I believe that my idea of diversity is also the kind of diversity some people want. Just one female character that's easy to ask? It's simple.

I just don't like the idea that females are being left out.
You're being respectful, and I appreciate that. I hope you can see I am trying to be too. This is a discussion thread, so discuss I will.

Wanting a female character is totally fine. I think Lara Croft, Tracer, and Kerrigan would be incredible additions. (I have my doubts about each of them, but I still want them over picks like Doomguy and Lloyd Irving.) But wanting a female character just because it's a female is shallow thinking, don't you think? When I grab Shulk to play, I'm not thinking, "I've got to choose a boy because I'm a boy." I choose Shulk because he has character attributes I find fascinating, a great moveset, and wow...an incredible game and story behind him. And when I choose Samus (one of my favorite game characters of all time, easily in my top 10), can you guess why I choose her? For the same reasons as Shulk.

Females aren't being left out, they just aren't being chosen. There is a difference. Nintendo and Sakurai aren't consciously not choosing female characters on the basis that they are females. There are just better picks in their eyes that happen to not be girls. I've wanted Isaac for a long time, but I'm not over here thinking there is a bias against him and Golden Sun because he's not playable. I accept that his fan base, popularity, relevance, moveset, etc., just aren't as compelling enough to get him in over the likes of Joker and Banjo/Kazooie. I still hope for the day he gets in, but I'm not hurt or offended if he doesn't.

Also, I just want to point out Kazooie is a girl, and she's arguably the better part of that duo.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Brexit & Pyrrha from Xenoblade Chronicles 2™ for the Nintendo Switch™.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Also, I just want to point out Kazooie is a girl, and she's arguably the better part of that duo.
thanks for owning everyone with your new original comment that no one has ever said before, how could we forget the significant number of breegulls playing super smash bros finally happy to see themselves in the game

Anyway. Moving on. I only have a single least-wanted but most people are Cool Enough

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
idk, I guess Dark Souls and Skyrim. I know both literally invented genres of sorts, but I just can't dig them in Smash. And no offense to Isaac fans, but I honestly don't see what Isaac brings to the table other than he's a popular fan request.
You're being respectful, and I appreciate that. I hope you can see I am trying to be too. This is a discussion thread, so discuss I will.

Wanting a female character is totally fine. I think Lara Croft, Tracer, and Kerrigan would be incredible additions. (I have my doubts about each of them, but I still want them over picks like Doomguy and Lloyd Irving.) But wanting a female character just because it's a female is shallow thinking, don't you think? When I grab Shulk to play, I'm not thinking, "I've got to choose a boy because I'm a boy." I choose Shulk because he has character attributes I find fascinating, a great moveset, and wow...an incredible game and story behind him. And when I choose Samus (one of my favorite game characters of all time, easily in my top 10), can you guess why I choose her? For the same reasons as Shulk.

Females aren't being left out, they just aren't being chosen. There is a difference. Nintendo and Sakurai aren't consciously not choosing female characters on the basis that they are females. There are just better picks in their eyes that happen to not be girls. I've wanted Isaac for a long time, but I'm not over here thinking there is a bias against him and Golden Sun because he's not playable. I accept that his fan base, popularity, relevance, moveset, etc., just aren't as compelling enough to get him in over the likes of Joker and Banjo/Kazooie. I still hope for the day he gets in, but I'm not hurt or offended if he doesn't.

NO, we've moved on.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
thanks for owning everyone with your new original comment that no one has ever said before, how could we forget the significant number of breegulls playing super smash bros finally happy to see themselves in the game

Anyway. Moving on. I only have a single least-wanted but most people are Cool Enough
You can't say that and then not say who they are

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sackboy just to spite you. /s

For real? I don't really hate any one character. I dislike fanbases more than I dislike characters.

Please do not drag this conversation on when a moderator has blatantly told us to stop.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Any video game characters. We already have more than 80 of them isnt that enough you people start opening up to the idea of board game characters

D

Deleted member

Don't give me a mook and we're good.

KatKit

Smash Lord
This might not be the most astute revelation, but I noticed that all the healing abilities and buff abilities come with a drawback. WFT has a timing thing, Hero's uses MP and RNG, Incineroar's is tied to a counter, and Shulk's arts all have advantages and disadvantages. Even in Sm4sh, Palutena's super speed thing had a lag period at the end.

So my question is: are there any characters you want in that you think would have a buff or healing move and how would you balance it?
Elma's signature 'Ghost Factory' art. It would briefly allow all attacks to phase through her, but at the cost of mobility, and (in Xenoblade X fashion) it'd have a cooldown between uses.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only character I don't like is the blue doll who has been dead for the past 20 years, and no-one besides this forum cares about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom