• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
D

Deleted member

At this rate I'm half tempted to call for a thread lock since it's clear some people here just don't know when to quit.
You're telling me you already haven't reported people here?

But anyways, I got back from working out and realized

Are we only going to get character passes? Smash 4 sometimes just randomly gave us stages to buy

Last edited by a moderator:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Let’s talk about something else PLEASE, like...
Ooh! I know! If you could add a Sony character to smash, who would it be? If you don’t know the obviously right answer I haven’t been here like enough :ultpacman:

D

Deleted member

The problem is that you're "stating your opinions" when the conversation has deescalated moved on, and when people call you on that you continue to double down on it. There's also the issue that you're explicitly ignoring the moderators' request to stop this conversation.

Just stop it. That's all you need to do. Leave the thread for a couple of hours, let the conversation move on, and then come back and join it. It's what I do when I get ganged up on, and it's pretty effective.

At this rate I'm half tempted to call for a thread lock since it's clear some people here just don't know when to quit.
NGL, its not a bad idea at this moment. Dunno why after a topic like this has stopped, people feel the need to give their hot takes which tend to be pretty much the same inflammatory one again.

D

Deleted member

Ooh! I know! If you could add a Sony character to smash, who would it be? If you don’t know the obviously right answer I haven’t been here like enough :ultpacman:
Little Big Planet is kind of interesting. However, what can LBP bring to Smash beyond some epic music?

Plank08

Smash Lord
this arguement is stupid, just admit that you talked about the topic when it was already over and people are sick of the conversation, that’s why they got mad at you.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Man you come up with the best questions! :^)

My man Tomba!

tomba-png-2.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Monster Hunter were to be in Smash. He would had been revealed alongside Rathalos in Base game.

That said Dante, Phoenix Wright and an Resident Evil rep are more likely candidates for another Capcom rep.

Plank08

Smash Lord
First off I didn't even see what other bull**** happened regarding the subject past the little I did see. Secondly, again as I stated before I'm accountable for the **** that I specifically say. Not what other people say or how they say it, that's them and whatever is those people said has nothing to do with me. I was just stating my opinion on something I saw I had my own viewpoint on nothing more nothing less. I didn't even intend on saying anything more past what I said cause I know there's no ****ing point. But then I got a wave of people coming at me for voicing my opinion, in a place that's literally designed to voice opinions for no ****ing reason. **** like this is why I stopped coming to this site. Everyone on here is just in a perpetual mood of salt for no god damn reason and it's exhausting to see at play.
Little Big Planet is kind of interesting. However, what can LBP bring to Smash beyond some epic music?
Oh I’m so glad you asked!

A franchise that could really use reviving and was iconic to the PS3
An amazing Stage
Music, like you said
Sackboys creative moveset
A genre never before seen in smash
An emphasize on creativity that I’ll showcase in my Sackboy thread
And more

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but I'm quite doubtful. Because...

**** I don't want to make this political again.
If you were gonna mention anything about the current controversies around China and Blizzard recently, Dynasty Warriors has no relation with that ****show, and a Chinese general from a Japanese game in Smash wouldn't spark any sort of political controversy at all.

Though if that wasn't what you were gonna say, then I don't really know what else you could bring up outside of the topics that were going around earlier in this thread.
Dynasty warriors has nothing, no mentions so there isn’t too much of a reason to go there.
You think they don't have a chance, but the entire Musou franchise from Dynasty Warriors to Samurai Warriors to all the various spinoffs and licensed games is Koei-Tecmo's flagship game. Most of Koei-Tecmo's collaborations with various companies have been making Musou games from said companies' IPs (One Piece Pirate Warriors, Berserk, Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5 Scramble, etc.). The fact that Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors exist shows that Nintendo have been interested with the Musou formula before, so to say that Dynasty Warriors has nothing is underplaying their actual chances.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Obviously the 2018 video game icon, Spider-Man

But in all seriousness, I think Kat from Gravity Rush would be really fun. I think her gravity mechanic would make for a really fun moveset and giving Gravity Rush more exposure is always a good thing.
Also she's the only notable video game character who shares my real name besides Katherine from the Atlus game Catherine, so I may be a little biased there :p

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I feel like it's between three possible character's. Firstly the most likely in my opinion Sackboy he aesthetically fits Smash and its target demographic perfectly and he's a perfect representative for Sony as a whole in my opinion. Second is Kratos cause again he fits Smash he'd be interesting kit wise and again perfectly represents Sony. Lastly I'd say Jak and Dexter since that game pretty much defined what playstation was for a very long time and they're one of the most widely recognizable Sony icons for a reason. The Jak and Dexter games were massive games back in the PS2 era and they again fit Smash's aesthetic very well. Plus they can represent a huge era of gaming the most successful gaming console of all time is nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was the situation that bad?

I mean, I was out for a good 8 hours and suddenly the female debate skyrocketed?
Less that and more mods said to stop, which means STOP. Kept going in circles and we ideally want to hold a standard for discussion instead of just arguing about politics like its a YouTube comment section.

D

Deleted member

If you were gonna mention anything about the current controversies around China and Blizzard recently, Dynasty Warriors has no relation with that ****show, and a Chinese general from a Japanese game in Smash wouldn't spark any sort of political controversy at all.

Though if that wasn't what you were gonna say, then I don't really know what else you could bring up outside of the topics that were going around earlier in this thread.

You think they don't have a chance, but the entire Musou franchise from Dynasty Warriors to Samurai Warriors to all the various spinoffs and licensed games is Koei-Tecmo's flagship game. Most of Koei-Tecmo's collaborations with various companies have been making Musou games from said companies' IPs (One Piece Pirate Warriors, Berserk, Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5 Scramble, etc.). The fact that Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors exist shows that Nintendo have been interested with the Musou formula before, so to say that Dynasty Warriors has nothing is underplaying their actual chances.
I was talking about the former, about the China stuff. Yep. But in all seriousness I wasn't saying anything against that, it's just the political climate.

So umm...yeah, Dynasty Warriors for Smash?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In terms of an Sony rep. I'd definitely pick Kratos being a fan of the series and what got me into Sony games.

Plus just picture Kratos and Atreus as an duo character.

If Sony were to get an rep it'd either be him, Sackboy or Nathan Drake for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted member

In terms of an Sony rep. I'd definitely pick Kratos being a fan of the series and what got me into Sony games.

Plus just picture Kratos and Atreus as an duo character.

If Sony were to get an rep it'd either be him, Sackboy or Nathan Drake for obvious reasons.
We're about to really make another PSAB.

Nintendo be like: "Sit back and watch a pro at work."

D

Deleted member

Oh I’m so glad you asked!

A franchise that could really use reviving and was iconic to the PS3
An amazing Stage
Music, like you said
Sackboys creative moveset
A genre never before seen in smash
An emphasize on creativity that I’ll showcase in my Sackboy thread
And more
As long as we get Volver a Comenzar I'd be down for Sack Boy. Plus I have good memories with LBP at the time.

So umm...yeah, Dynasty Warriors for Smash?
My only knowledge is with Hyrule Warriors lol. But sure. Hyrule Warriors is pretty much its own thing that's spread itself to **** like Zelda, DQ, and Persona. Why not?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Clearly there's only one real choice - Knack! He's got three punches and a kick (and he can jump too!), AND you can play as Ice Knack! He's got it all, ladies and gentlemen!

Seriously, I'm still working through my PS3 games, and the ones that I've beaten (Persona 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Kingdom Hearts, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle) are third party as opposed to being owned by Sony, but based on what I know about the games (and what I've seen in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale), I'd probably go with Ratchet and Clank.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Sorry for double posting, but seeing all these people want a character that I thought I was completely alone in wanting makes me SO HAPPY beyond belief, you guys are great!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Kat from gravity rush would be a more interesting choice for a Sony rep mostly because I find kratos boring plus we could get raven as an alt win win

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Little Big Planet representation I feel makes a lot of sense too honestly since it is clearly one of the games that helped inspire the likes of Mario Maker for obvious reasons. And since Mario Maker itself has no actual character that could be theoretically be repped in Smash. The next best option in my opinion is Sackboy cause they kinda represent that entire genre of game as a whole at this point if I'm being honest.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If Monster Hunter were to be in Smash. He would had been revealed alongside Rathalos in Base game.

That said Dante, Phoenix Wright and an Resident Evil rep are more likely candidates for another Capcom rep.
I think the fact that Monster Hunter World blew up right before Ultimate came out and that Wave 2 of DLC doesn't really have many defined (or any TBH) rules means that Monster Hunter is back on the table for playable.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I wonder how getting music from LBP would actually work? The bulk of it isn't actually original to the series, so Sony almost certainly has rights to most of it. It would be amazing if we could get Atlas, but I feel like we'd mostly get the original music (which is still really good, so whatever).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kat from gravity rush would be a more interesting choice for a Sony rep mostly because I find kratos boring plus we could get raven as an alt win win
But given that companies always go with their most iconic characters/mascots its more likely to be Kratos, Nathan Drake or Sackboy. I'd love to see Kat but I don't see her getting chosen over those three.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I've only ever played LBP 3 so I'm an idiot on the subject. ARe the other LBPs any good?

Also why does everyone think we're getting a second pass? It seems like a bit much, no?
Considering the fact Sakurai literally confirmed that there is in fact another pass in the works I'd say no, no it isn't lol.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I feel like if we were to get a Sony character it'd be one of their lesser ones. No way is Sony going to let one of their big boys play with the other kids. They're too prideful for it (why PS4 crossplay took literal years to happen). I could see Kat getting in because of this. Her series isn't up there with Sony's mega-hits, and I feel like Sakurai could work wonders with a moveset based on gravity shifts.

This thought process totally isn't fueled by my desire to see Kat in the game. Nooooope.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
One thing that would be amazing but will NEVER EVER happen is if Sony allows Nintendo to do a PlayStation Allstars fighters pass.

Now i would list all of the characters that I would want for this but I haven't made one yet and if I've put in effort to make a picture of my least wanted characters, I have to make a picture for my most wanted PlayStation Allstars for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

But I do hope it contains Tomba!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel like if we were to get a Sony character it'd be one of their lesser ones. No way is Sony going to let one of their big boys play with the other kids. They're too prideful for it. I could see Kat getting in because of this. Her series isn't up there with Sony's mega-hits, and I feel like Sakurai could work wonders with a moveset based on gravity shifts.

This thought process totally isn't fueled by my desire to see Kat in the game. Nooooope.
Even then she'd still have to compete with others around her level that Sony owns.

Also she lacks the popularity (Nowhere on the level as other properties) and demand to get in. At least Terry had some demand along with legacy going for him.

Last edited:

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
Considering the fact Sakurai literally confirmed that there is in fact another pass in the works I'd say no, no it isn't lol.
He confirmed that there will be additional characters after the pass, not that we were getting a second pass (which could be the case). We don't fully know the nature of the post-FP DLC yet, unless I've missed something?

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I've only ever played LBP 3 so I'm an idiot on the subject. ARe the other LBPs any good?

Also why does everyone think we're getting a second pass? It seems like a bit much, no?
Considering the fact the game had a trilogy made for it and a spinoff psp game yes, yes they are lol. I've played them all they're all pretty good in their own ways. Each one had very obvious arcs in technology advancement each got progressively better as time went on and added more things for people to use to make new games in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom