• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That's totally fair, FF7's also got a rather dated depiction of LGBT characters which
Speaking of LGBTQ...

Any great LGBTQ+ games? I think it would be better to move to the social thread here. I'm getting some games on Steam.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Just an hour away and Nintendo of America doesn't even have a live stream set up yet. Japan and the UK do but not NA. This happens every time and its strange. Why do they do this?
Maybe I missed it or something? Like, is there a link to it?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Whats the best way to play FF7? The original seems good but looks like megablocks. And the remake is only half the game and is apparently a sequel.
Both. If you only want to play one then play OG FFVII.

The remake, besides the fact that adds and changes elements to the story and that it's not a remake that covers the entirety of OG FFVII, is that kind of remake that doesn't nullify the original game. Certain remakes as Shadow of the Colossus PS4 could be considered the best way to play the game, and that there's not much of a reason to play the original after playing the remake.

But FFVII Remake is like Resident Evil 2 Remake. It keeps a lot of things but also it adds new elements, in a way that RE2make doesn't really erase OG RE2 from existence, so the ideal way to experience RE2 would be playing both the original and the remake.

Similar case for FFVII, I'd say.

Crisis Core is a fine game to check if you want more FFVII, but a bit overrated in my opinion. And the movie, well, it's cool to watch for the action scenes.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Remember Terry's 45 minute presentation?
He'll decimate World of Light with Sephiroth this time.
"Sephiroth is the best character in the game to get the Duck Hunt Challenge - and the Mew Spirit - with. Here, lemme show you by soloing Galeem and Dharkon with the One Winged Angel."

(It is an actual challenge / achievement, that one is absurdly difficult.)

Maybe I missed it or something? Like, is there a link to it?
UK link here, in case the NA link does not come up in time.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
"Sephiroth is the best character in the game to get the Duck Hunt Challenge - and the Mew Spirit - with. Here, lemme show you by soloing Galeem and Dharkon with the One Winged Angel."

(It is an actual challenge / achievement, that one is absurdly difficult.)
I think I recall the challenge you're talking about; I finished them up around a year ago, haha. It's not too bad - Wolf's a pretty nice fighter for the job. Play Smash for Wii U if you want some challenges that are just plain obnoxious. There's a couple I never did manage to pull off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone keeps telling me to get Hades and I bet there's a lot of people here who can back up that statement.
I'm already getting Hades.

Though I am not satisfied. I want at least one game on Steam or on the Xbox Game Pass that has very good LGBTQ+ representation.

Does Hades have LGBTQ+ representation, if I may ask?

Last edited by a moderator:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm already getting Hades.

Though I am not satisfied. I want at least one game on Steam or on the Xbox Game Pass that has very good LGBTQ+ representation.

Does Hades have LGBTQ+ representation, if I may ask?
Another one, too; Helltaker kind of made the rounds already as a trend - though I think it's a great little short experience. But if you missed it, one of its characters happens to be lesbian.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The stream is happening in a half hour and you guys are just endlessly talking about this stuff?

Anyway, I wonder if there's a legal reason for why the American youtube page can't have their stream set up ahead of time.

Am I the only one curious as to why this always happens?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Since I'm the only one who cares, I will make sure that I keep a record of what time NA stream launches today and see if it happens the next time there's a Sakurai presents.

I'm just curious.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I was born around this time, and I never liked this reason, I never liked that word as a kid back then

probably because I’am mentally challenged

And while I’m glad people finally coming to there senses, I would make the argument you made that I wasn’t OK back then either

So, no? it’s not just “ language change“

its that people never cared about the disable, and it’s was “cool” because “edginess and not having sympathy” was the rage those day

ie Newsground and South Park
I’m not saying that it was fine or good, just that that’s how things were - you wouldn’t get any looks for saying it like you would now. That’s not a value judgement or complaint, just a statement of fact.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'd say about 3:33. The stream says it started 7 minutes ago, but I don't quite buy that. Also it's age restricted for some reason...
Okay I'll be sure to remember that they launched the stream about a half hour before. I want to see if this happens again. Maybe it has something to do with the ESRB?

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

The official twitter account confirms there will be multiple mii costumes dropped, abandon all hope ye who walk.

Shroob

Sup?

The official twitter account confirms there will be multiple mii costumes dropped, abandon all hope ye who walk.
MULTIPLE MIIS

WELL OKAY LAST NIGHT WAS CRAZY FOR NOTHING THEN.

Goombaic

Smash Ace

Alright, will be interesting to see if we can't trust that website to predict stuff anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom