• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
how is that close? The dude adopted a kid, ad it's prtty clear he's an adult.
Not from his appearance alone. Combine his youthful looks with the fact that the media has a weirdly high number of jacked teens, and he could easily pass for an 18 year old (which is technically an adult but you get the point).

If Among Us ever got a fighter in smash, I would definitely want their trailer to be a continuation to the Ridley trailer or at least the space station-esque setting. Just imagine, it makes you think it's going to be a character from a dark video game series like Doom, Halo or even Dead Space when you see Samus walking cautiously through a poorly-lit space station-ish location or continuing her fight with Ridley, then it turns out to be a trailer for a short colorful character with the appearance of a bean with legs.
Do like, a scene with Fox or something sneaking around a high-tech area. He uses his comm to try and get a headcount but nobody responds. He opens a door, and is shocked by what he sees. The camera cuts to Snake lying on the floor, presumably dead, then pans to the killer...

The Imposter Claims its Victims!

Cut to gameplay. During which the Imposter does a hard knockdown attack and runs away, only for another one to show up, and calls an Emergency Meeting.

The Crewmate Sounds the Alarm!

Then you get gameplay of the Crewmate doing stuff.

Fisti-Fluffs though
I think that one's my second favorite. My favorite is Tunche. It's got a unique style and world, and Hat Kid's there too for some reason...

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I've always thought that the Falcondorf issue could be bypassed with something I'd call Styles that gives certain fighters the option of selecting between two completely different movesets. So Ganondorf could hypothetically have a Falcondorf style and a MoretruetotheZeldagames Warlock style.
No. Black Shadow with Falcondorf moveset. This is the way.

- Rivalry to Mario is only 2nd to Sonic the Hedgehog
That rivalry only ever existed in the minds of Sony execs...

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I agree with this. I've always thought it was very weird that Crash was not in Playstation Allstars Battle Royal, he was litteraly the most legitimate character.
MaximillianDood apparently knows people who worked on the game. He said that Activision had some ridiculous demands for Crash. He couldn’t go into full detail, but he says that the whole story behind that game should be out within the next year.

That was 7 years ago though, so maybe they’ve changed their ways.
Has any relevant leak gained attention recently?... Vergeben (or any other credible leaker) hasn't gotten any new fighter info since Terry, so i guess things are being held pretty tight lately.
Not really. It seems like Nintendo’s really keeping things on lockdown this time around. Steve & Sephiroth’s names were floating around in late 2018 though, which is interesting since rumors about them have been non existent for a long time now.
I mean Imrhan, Im pretty sure, leaked Min Min so its not like theyre staying silent
It seems like any leaks nowadays are from the marketing team right when a character is about to be revealed. It doesn’t seem like anyone knows characters far in advance.

blackghost

Smash Champion
There's not much of a point debating it now, but between Sephiroth and Eggman, I'd definitely say Eggman would've been the more fitting and iconic addition. Eggman isn't even my first choice for a second Sonic rep, but he truly is one of, if not the most recognizable villain out of all the third-party franchise involved with Smash.

Either way, saying stuff like, "Eggman isn't serious enough," is a pretty lousy way to discredit him, no offense. Bowser isn't a very serious villain either, but you'd have a hard time finding a villain with a name as big as his.
bowser isnt normally intimidating but he has had his moments. galaxy, 64, and arguably 3d land. eggman hasnt ever been intimidating.
as for eggman being more iconic than sepiroth, yeah im gonna have to disagree there. in japan I dont even think thats close. the fact that you even say eggman would likely not be the second sonic rep while sephiroth is without a doubt the easy choice for second inclusion from FF says a lot.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
bowser isnt normally intimidating but he has had his moments. galaxy, 64, and arguably 3d land. eggman hasnt ever been intimidating.
as for eggman being more iconic than sepiroth, yeah im gonna have to disagree there. in japan I dont even think thats close. the fact that you even say eggman would likely not be the second sonic rep while sephiroth is without a doubt the easy choice for second inclusion from FF says a lot.
He was pretty intimidating in Sonic Adventure 2, when he held Amy hostage at gunpoint, launched Sonic into space and then blew up the capsule that he was in, and threatened the entire planet with an orbital laser cannon.

Regardless, "being intimidating" is hardly a major criteria for a villain to be included. Bowser Junior got into Smash before the likes of Ridley, Dark Samus, and Sephiroth.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
If we're ignoring the various war crimes/genocides Eggman has done in the comics...

Eggman still blew up the moon and literally tore the planet apart, that's still kinda spooky no matter the context.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't know how you can say that Sephiroth is obviously the second choice for Final Fantasy when so many people we're predicting the likes of Terra, Tifa, Black Mage, etc. instead. Final Fantasy is the franchise with the least defined hierarchy in terms of character inclusions imo, there's so many ways you could go.

Uhh, not that that has anything to do with how iconic a villain is? Bowser wasn't the second character for Mario, Ganondorf wasn't the second character for Zelda, I don't see how their iconicness is in dispute regardless.

At this point if we were to get another villain, I'd personally most want someone that was on the lighter, more nimble side. Generally the bad guys have a lot of weight or big hits and I'd like to see a few more go in the other direction. The only one can think of at the moment is Hazama in Blazblue. I know there are a lot of others, but my mind isn't helping me out a lot.

What lighter, faster villain characters would you all like to see?

blackghost

Smash Champion
I don't know how you can say that Sephiroth is obviously the second choice for Final Fantasy when so many people we're predicting the likes of Terra, Tifa, Black Mage, etc. instead. Final Fantasy is the franchise with the least defined hierarchy in terms of character inclusions imo, there's so many ways you could go.

Uhh, not that that has anything to do with how iconic a villain is? Bowser wasn't the second character for Mario, Ganondorf wasn't the second character for Zelda, I don't see how their iconicness is in dispute regardless.
you are thinking as a fan, not as a business. You are listing fan favorites not who would bring in the most attention and money. plus you arent looking at the pattern present in ultimate. everyone got villains added: dk, samus, kirby, megaman and more.
and no characters like black mage and terra dont compare to sephiroth. Tifa is closer but she's arguably not even the most influential female character in FF7.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Huh...There generally aren't many big villains that would move quickly in the context of Super Smash Bros. From what I can think of, I imagine:
  • Dr. Eggman being pretty slow with his Eggmobile effectively making him a heavy.
  • Dr. Wily being slow while in the Wily Machine, though anything involving the Wily Capsule would likely pick up the pace.
  • King Boo would likely be a lightweight, but I don't think he'd be particularly fast, and depending on the direction he takes with his moveset, he could be like a heavy without the weight.
  • Kamek would be a zoner, so he'd likely be pretty slow as well.
I really can't think of a realistic villain choice that would be in the top speed percentile.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
At this point if we were to get another villain, I'd personally most want someone that was on the lighter, more nimble side. Generally the bad guys have a lot of weight or big hits and I'd like to see a few more go in the other direction. The only one can think of at the moment is Hazama in Blazblue. I know there are a lot of others, but my mind isn't helping me out a lot.

Mega Man has some promising ones. Sigma, Omega, Vile...
And everything I've heard of Akuma sounds qualifiable enough.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Want to have a tiny closed doors funni? From a Sekrit Smashboard DM that I shall not disclose?

This was two years ago, back when I heard about 'Hero' himself and the SE names going around by a friends working DEEP in SE, when I heard that Geno wasn't taken Seriously by SE, Sora was a red herring...Well, guess who was left?

1608057741598.png

:4pacman: Lesson of the day guys? **** your heart and biases, the reason win everytime.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Want to have a tiny closed doors funni? From a Sekrit Smashboard DM that I shall not disclose?

This was two years ago, back when I heard about 'Hero' himself and the SE names going around by a friends working DEEP in SE, when I heard that Geno wasn't taken Seriously by SE, Sora was a red herring...Well, guess who was left?

View attachment 295668

:4pacman: Lesson of the day guys? **** your heart and biases, the reason win everytime.
So you're saying Crono is next.

I like this timeline.

Huh...There generally aren't many big villains that would move quickly in the context of Super Smash Bros. From what I can think of, I imagine:
  • Dr. Eggman being pretty slow with his Eggmobile effectively making him a heavy.
  • Dr. Wily being slow while in the Wily Machine, though anything involving the Wily Capsule would likely pick up the pace.
  • King Boo would likely be a lightweight, but I don't think he'd be particularly fast, and depending on the direction he takes with his moveset, he could be like a heavy without the weight.
  • Kamek would be a zoner, so he'd likely be pretty slow as well.
I really can't think of a realistic villain choice that would be in the top speed percentile.
It's definitely tough. Most of the ones I think of are from Anime or comic books, so they aren't even part of the picture.
Mega Man has some promising ones. Sigma, Omega, Vile...
And everything I've heard of Akuma sounds qualifiable enough.
Oh, yeah. It's hard to go wrong with Mega Man, honestly. Especially from the X and Zero games.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
With Eggman its interesting that given the tendency of certain animated adaptations to downplay or obfuscate the villainy of the antagonists, early Sonic cartoons did the inverse; making their version of Eggman/Robotnik arguably the most evil version outside maybe something like the Fleetway comics:

As noted above, the character concept can be played up as particularly monstrous depending on the writing.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I do wonder what will happen to Crono, Considering he's really the only Character on the Square 7 List unaccounted for

I'll guess he'll be a Mii Costume. I believe he might have been negotiated for as Costume as same time as Hero, since I do believe you have to go through both Akira Toryima and Square, same as with Hero

Eldrake

Smash Lord

View attachment 295668

Well, if this gets us that much coveted FP3...
giorno censored.png

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
If we get a character ‘reveal’ in the presentation it’ll be some random minute detail they didn’t scrub like the SNK copyright leak.
Are you ready for the squabbles? Fruitless hopes for Lloyd, Klonoa? Until the inevitable? Maybe it'll be sooner than I think, and thus more direct, Team Shanghai Alice leaving no room for wondering. Of course, I can't imagine that kind of goof would happen period. The SNK leak wasn't a presentation goof. If I recall, it was a website goof.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I do wonder what will happen to Crono, Considering he's really the only Character on the Square 7 List unaccounted for

I'll guess he'll be a Mii Costume. I believe he might have been negotiated for as Costume as same time as Hero, since I do believe you have to go through both Akira Toryima and Square, same as with Hero
Chrono's copyright is like even worst than Sora from what I understand.
Gotta deal with the Square and Enix part of Square Enix. AND Blue bird studio AND SHUEISHA.

So...Yeah, Chrono is the kind of character I wouldn't see as a Mii costume if you gonna jump through all of those loops

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

So I’ve been studying the Bible recently and came across this image. Aside from Angles in the Bible being terrifying. Am I the only one who gets massive Galeem vibes from this image?
I know Galeem was supposed to angelic, but did Sakurai or the design team use this as a base?
When "Biblically accurate angel" for Smash?
1608059193862.png

With Eggman its interesting that given the tendency of certain animated adaptations to downplay or obfuscate the villainy of the antagonists, early Sonic cartoons did the inverse; making their version of Eggman/Robotnik arguably the most evil version outside maybe something like the Fleetway comics:

As noted above, the character concept can be played up as particularly monstrous depending on the writing.
There's an alternate universe where Ridley's primary characterization in Smash is from Nintendo Power.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Interesting, this is the second person to claim that Chrono is a copyright nightmare. Max was the first.

I guess this might really explain why SE has bothered to do so little with the series over the years outside of ports. And possibly perhaps why Chrono Cross was so different and weird.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

So I’ve been studying the Bible recently and came across this image. Aside from Angles in the Bible being terrifying. Am I the only one who gets massive Galeem vibes from this image?
I know Galeem was supposed to angelic, but did Sakurai or the design team use this as a base?
Angels can actually take different forms, including human (making the “biblically-accurate angel” meme a bit confusing imo), but Galeem was likely inspired by how Seraphims are described to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom