• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
I feel like we might get a Dante mii during the Sephiroth presentation. (Which would suck but honestly I will take any DMC content in smash at this point.)

D

Deleted member

That's why I suggested a passive ability to knock the ball back. So like if the Pikachu player is camping with Thunder Jolts, and just Forward Airs the projectile, then the Ganondorf player can just jump over one of the Thunder Jolts into the ball, and so long as the player doesn't hit any attack buttons or try to air dodge, Ganondorf will automatically hit the ball back with no input from the player. That way the projectile is always in his favor, not his opponent's.
Pikachu can just jab, and immediately hit the ball back. If Pikachu and Ganondorf have a ball, the ball either goes away, or Pikachu wins 90% of the time.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
"Secretly a scientist" lol, someone hasn't played Xenoblade
I was very forward that I hadn't played Xenoblade. Which is why I asked his age, saying I assume he is illegal.
How did you get this idea from??? No, Skulk isn't an minor so...again, HOW did you get this idea?
Because I looked at him, ever.

Then I'm more of a fan [of Xenoblade[. I'm tired of the male equivalent being a prepubescent boy (I assume Shulk is 12. Maybe he is 14. Or Immortal. Or an Eternal. I dont understand the world wherein after death you become a blade (Pokemon) ).

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Has any relevant leak gained attention recently?... Vergeben (or any other credible leaker) hasn't gotten any new fighter info since Terry, so i guess things are being held pretty tight lately.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I somewhat agree. But the Spyro series has sold over like more than 20 million in sales while Banjo-Kazooie have sold under 10 million. Spyro might not be as big as Crash or Banjo in Japan, but he's just as big as them in the west. I would say Spyro is a bigger gaming icon than Banjo & Kazooie and this is coming from the mouth of a big Banjo-Kazooie fan.
Regardless, do you really think the Japanese would pick a series they disliked so much that they didn't even get the third installment? At least Mortal Kombat got its original trilogy completed over there.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I think the deal is that while her abilities line up with Crash's pretty exactly, her personality and mannerisms really don't. You might could get it to work, but it'd be a pretty difficult task to portray them differently without any gameplay differences.
Like I said, Inkling Boy and Female Byleth have different animations despite being alternate costumes. I mean if she works as a skin in the Crash games then she can definitely work as an alternate costume in Smash Bros.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Has any relevant leak gained attention recently?... Vergeben (or any other credible leaker) hasn't gotten any new fighter info since Terry, so i guess things are being held pretty tight lately.
Seems like there was a 5chan leak that predicted Sephiroth, but people don’t put too much stock into that one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Regardless, do you really think the Japanese would pick a series they disliked so much that they didn't even get the third installment? At least Mortal Kombat got its original trilogy completed over there.
I didn't know Spyro 3 wasn't released in Japan. If you put it that way, you might have a point.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
In what sense to be the case? Just curious. not trying to be rude.
Because guessing the age of an anime character is hard. Like, is Terry a teen or an adult?

Related:

Pikachu can just jab, and immediately hit the ball back. If Pikachu and Ganondorf have a ball, the ball either goes away, or Pikachu wins 90% of the time.
Except he doesn't. Ganondorf can only lose if he attacks or dodges at the wrong time. Now, I do see a problem here in that it would cause a stalemate, and while the idea of DBZ tennis is hilarious, we would need to fix that. Ganondorf's jab is also pretty quick, so perhaps we could make it so that his jab powers up the ball and makes it harder to hit back, so rapid jabs like Pikachu's jab, and multi-hits couldn't deflect it anymore.

Like I said, Inkling Boy and Female Byleth have different animations despite being alternate costumes. I mean if she works as a skin in the Crash games then she can definitely work as an alternate costume in Smash Bros.
And like I said, the purpose of the animations are to portray a different personality, which would require more extensive changes. It easily works in Crash Bandicoot because fluff animations don't affect hurtbox placement like they do in Super Smash Bros. That's why it's much more difficult here. And again, I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is difficult.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Thinking about Crash today, and I realized that his only roadblock might actually be the Same as Sora. A.K.A big western corporate being ****ing stupid.
My reasoning in this is from how utterly amazingly stupid Activision is,to a point that it's nearly EA level, and when they were asking literally millions to have Crash appear in PSAB.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Hoo boy if Geno returns as a Mii mind you a Deluxe/Premium...That thread is gonna explode.
I dunno, I checked that thread after the reveal, and MOST of them seemed to acknowledge that Sephiroth was their end. The costume will just be final confirmation.

I have to agree. Ganondorf just feels more threatening when he's using his fists to fight. I know he's a magic user but when he's distancing himself from his opponents, you don't get same kind of vibe of him running up to you and beating the ever living daylights out of you.
Actually, he's more of a weaponuser than anything. Most of his appearances he uses swords or a trident. People just latch on to his OoT incarnation. But he's never been anything like Falcondorf.

Even Hyrule Warriors, which gave him multiple weapon styles, didn't give him a fists style.

Ganondorf doesn't even need a complete overhaul, a single move and some animation changes would be more than enough.
No. That's what they've BEEN doing. And it's not enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought the only serious support for among us in smash was for a mii costume given that’s the best we’d get?

D

Deleted member

Except he doesn't. Ganondorf can only lose if he attacks or dodges at the wrong time. Now, I do see a problem here in that it would cause a stalemate, and while the idea of DBZ tennis is hilarious, we would need to fix that. Ganondorf's jab is also pretty quick, so perhaps we could make it so that his jab powers up the ball and makes it harder to hit back, so rapid jabs like Pikachu's jab, and multi-hits couldn't deflect it anymore.
That would actually work, good thinking.

when they were asking literally millions to have Crash appear in PSAB.
Okay, millions over a character appearing in a fighting video game?

I understand the whole copyright stuff, but millions seems like way too much.

Edit: Double post, my apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If Among Us ever got a fighter in smash, I would definitely want their trailer to be a continuation to the Ridley trailer or at least the space station-esque setting. Just imagine, it makes you think it's going to be a character from a dark video game series like Doom, Halo or even Dead Space when you see Samus walking cautiously through a poorly-lit space station-ish location or continuing her fight with Ridley, then it turns out to be a trailer for a short colorful character with the appearance of a bean with legs.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Alright this is something I’ve seen tossed around a lot (not on smash boards, but the general larger community).
About an expansion that comes with one character and 2 echoes or something.
And an entire extra campaign in the same vein as WoL. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, millions over a character appearing in a fighting video game?

I understand the whole copyright stuff, but millions seems like way too much.

Edit: Double post, my apologies.
Welcome to Activision.
They're the creme of the creme in term of stupidness, and it's why getting them to remake Crash and Spyro took SOOO long.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As far as the indie direct, Cyber Shadow looks especially good, and it'll be amusing that between it and the Messenger we'll have more Ninja Gaiden inspired indie titles on Switch than we will actual Ninja Gaiden games (so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom