• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Crash.

I believe that "The list" exists, it kind of has to since several sites did in fact report on it long before the games that it had on it were officially revealed.

...but man, the Smash stuff feels so "Ooooh, I'm gonna say I found the leaked document and say that Smash is on it and watch people go crazy!"

I don't doubt the validity of this supposed "Crash roadmap", but the Smash stuff in regards to it I heavily doubt.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I will be so down with Zelda BOTW. I love that incineration of Zelda its so lovable. It will fit the pattern complaint of more Zelda Reps similarly of lack of Villains thank the king baddie RPG himself Sephiroth. And Nintendo supports BOTW heavy yeah will not be surprise. I'm sticking my gut on Zelda BOTW not only that I always support the idea.

Polan

Smash Lord
im surprised we havent seen a whiff on smash on that capcom ransomware leak. i know its capcom and not namco/nintendo but these are internal documents that were never meant to be seen by the general public. maybe a smash character from capcom would pop up as a sort of thing to plan stuff around internally.

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
The thing about the Crash roadmap is that if its existence became public after the leak it would have been solid evidence that the "Crash in Smash in 2021" part could also be true

...the problem is that the list existence has been reported as far bask as 2018 and outside of the Smash stuff (correct me if I am wrong here) none of the other information that was shared by the original tweeter user was related to an unannounced project at the time (Crash 4 was already announced by a few months at that point).
I don't remember all of the details so I am not making any solid judgments here, but I wouldn't put it past some people to remember the news articles about the roadmap and then saying that Crash in Smash was there all along.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like if we are getting an indie representative, it is Reimu.

She's like the largest indie representative out there that isn't a Mii costume or in the game, and her following in Japan is massive.

I'm not saying she's guaranteed if we get an indie representative, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
im sorry this made me laugh. sephiroth's theme song is more well known than most of the people you listed.
Too new? This is beyond gatekeeping i dont even know what to call this.
please list me ten villains more iconic than sephiroth.
Im was talking about Influence not about iconografie

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
God
I'm not even a Zelda fan and reading stuff like this makes me feel genuinely sorry for them
Imagine knowing that you are 100% guaranteed to never properly get your main antagonist, despite zelda being one of nintendo's main pillars, becuase smash veterans have latched onto a ****ty meme pick
It's truly a sad fate, and it's exactly what's going on.

Ganondorf's only hope now is for the next Smash game to have a ****ton of cuts or straight up get rebooted, justifying the moveset change.

D

Deleted member

It's truly a sad fate, and it's exactly what's going on.

Ganondorf's only hope now is for the next Smash game to have a ****ton of cuts or straight up get rebooted, justifying the moveset change.
I mean it is just one character though. There are so many cool characters for you to try in Ultimate.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean it is just one character though. There are so many cool characters for you to try in Ultimate.
That kind of statement misses the point entirely, dude.

Some people want a Ganondorf moveset that's accurate to the games instead of "Falcondorf", something they literally can't have by looking at the rest of the 80+ characters.

And also, someone brought up Legacy, so I feel obligated to mention that version of Ganondorf is literally my favorite Brawl mod ever.

D

Deleted member

That kind of statement misses the point entirely, dude.

Some people want a Ganondorf moveset that's accurate to the games instead of "Falcondorf", something they literally can't have by looking at the rest of the 80+ characters.

And also, someone brought up Legacy, so I feel obligated to mention that version of Ganondorf is literally my favorite Brawl mod ever.
I see. Like, I never said I was against a new Ganondorf moveset. I would be completely fine with it, as I don't play Ganondorf.

I know not having non-Falcon Ganondorf hurts, but what I am saying is there are so many other characters with interesting move-sets for you to try out, if you are really bugged about Falcondorf.
If Japan is roadblock to Chief, then that spells doom for characters like Doom Slayer and Heavy.
I mean we got Banjo-Kazooie, to be fair. Still, I don't see those three as very likely.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I see. Like, I never said I was against a new Ganondorf moveset. I would be completely fine with it, as I don't play Ganondorf.

I know having non-Falcon Ganondorf hurts, but what I am saying is there are so many other characters with interesting move-sets for you to try out, if you are really bugged about Falcondorf.
And you just ignored my point again by saying "there's more interesting movesets to try out" again.

I know there's more interesting stuff, I ****ing love Hero's chaotic RNG for example. But no matter how many fun movesets there are, a lack of proper Ganon(dorf) representation in the playable cast still hurts, especially with every new addition feeling true to their source material while Dorf is anything but.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I mean we got Banjo-Kazooie, to be fair. Still, I don't see those three as very likely.
Banjo was still popular enough in Japan, though. The original game sold 400k there, which is about as much as Persona 5's original run did. Obviously it was more popular in the west but it still managed to be a cult hit on a console that sold less than the Sega Saturn in Japan.

D

Deleted member

And you just ignored my point again by saying "there's more interesting movesets to try out" again.

I know there's more interesting stuff, I ****ing love Hero's chaotic RNG for example. But no matter how many fun movesets there are, a lack of proper Ganon(dorf) representation in the playable cast still hurts, especially with every new addition feeling true to their source material while Dorf is anything but.
Okay, I think that's a fair argument.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I can't believe Nintendo had to let Square make Sephiroth playable, just to put One Winged Angel into the game

it's amazing how that is quite specifically the reason this happened

<reveal was wild, he looks dope, good stuff>

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can't believe Nintendo had to let Square make Sephiroth playable, just to put One Winged Angel into the game

Especially when Cloud almost didn't make "Everyone is Here!" happen. Wonder how Sakurai and Nintendo managed to pull this off.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Banjo was still popular enough in Japan, though. The original game sold 400k there, which is about as much as Persona 5's original run did. Obviously it was more popular in the west but it still managed to be a cult hit on a console that sold less than the Sega Saturn in Japan.
Speaking of sales... does sales necessarily indicates fame? I mean Undertale videos have tons of views on Youtube, but actual sales is nowhere near that number. Cuphead sold more yet it seems like Undertale has gotten more talk. I think one can make case for Halo in Japan. There was professional Japanese Halo team that kicked Bungie's butt back in day. And Japanese studios wouldn't have just accepted paycheck and produced anime if there wasn't enough to gain in Japan. I mean... we thought second rep from the same series was very unlikely. Now, we are now like "Oh now, it makes sense!"

D

Deleted member

It has been forever since you changed your avatar, and now you are getting your head bitten off...

Also, yes. Sephiroth is fantastic.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The fact that Sephiroth's presentation is later in the day than usual tells me that he's probably gonna get shadow dropped.

It seems to me that they're sort of mirroring Cloud's release exactly five years ago. A presentation and release on the same day on the week of December 15th. also geno gets shown as a mii outfit lol

D

Deleted member

Speaking about Zelda, Ultimate is, by far, the best version of her in Smash. She looked soulless in Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. Also, she finally isn't a severely unviable character in Ultimate. She has sauce.
Hope Thursday, could see Friday. After presentation releases have happened before.
You should make a song. You would be good at it.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Also fun fact: December 18th (which is when Sephiroth would be released if they released if him late on the 17th over here) is Final Fantasy's birthday in Japan.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So do you guys think Sephiroth will be releasing Thursday, the next day, next week, Christmas or end of December?
I think the odds are 50/50 for our potential first shadowdrop since Terry. Do keep in mind that:
-For both Byleth and Min Min, they were (properly in Min Min's case) revealed the day of the presentation
-Steve's presentation was a sole 2 days after his reveal

So although it may not seem like it...this is the longest reveal-to-presentation gap we've had in over a year, so the question simply is if it's a long enough wait to warrant another shadowdrop, which we have no real precedent for this specific timeframe to base ourselves off of so it's up in the air. Hence the 50/50.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I just realized something about Sephiroth's trailer. At no point do they include DHD as a joke about Donald and Goofy. Wonder how KH fans feel about that
Indifferent? I mean, both fights with Sephiroth in KH 1 & 2 are 1v1. Donald and Goofy are just sort of there for the cutscenes in KH2. Unless you're just talking about acknowledgement of the series, in which case they should've just given him his KH1 or KH2 attire as an alt.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Zelda as she appears in Ultimate is the ultimate cutie. She's fun to play as, too; especially hyper-aggressively, none of this run away and hide tosh you see online; she doesn't need to hide with Wisdom on her side~ When I went into Ultimate I had no idea who I'd main; I had drifted along various considerations and I'm surprised myself, but it ended up on her!

Isabelle was a character I was really happy got in, and Villager being my Smash 4 main, I felt I'd gravitate to her more than I ended up doing... Ganondorf, I knew he'd be a secondary at worst, as he's always been, and that's exactly how he went.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will say that playing against Zelda can be very, very difficult. She's so dang scary and powerful with her projectile spam.

Also her final smash is the ultimate cheese, if you like to use final smashes.

Staarih

Smash Master
Also fun fact: December 18th (which is when Sephiroth would be released if they released if him late on the 17th over here) is Final Fantasy's birthday in Japan.
Yeah, Sephiroth's presentation will air on Fri 18th in the morning in Japan and this may be a reason for it. I could also see a potential shadowdrop because of this and also because of the long gap between the announcement and presentation (or do we wait even more for the actual release later?), and with Christmas knocking on our doors next week... well, we'll see.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I will say that playing against Zelda can be very, very difficult. She's so dang scary and powerful.
What's funny, I think, is how so many people using her, especially online, feel that it is they who should be scared. Carrying the blood of the goddess, and they're running away. I'm not particularly upset, I just think they're missing out on the potential she has. Nailing some of her aerials... catharsis~

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of DLC, it is a bit interesting that Joker is the only fast DLC character. Terry is kind of fast, I am not sure how to rank him. The rest are pretty slow overall.

Edit: By "fast", I mean just fast overall. Speed, framedata, moves, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom