• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
By the Way, Apparently the new Fortnite Season trailer shows that Jonsey is voiced by Troy Baker, so if we get Fortnite in Smash, We also get Troy Baker in Smash.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
By the Way, Apparently the new Fortnite Season trailer shows that Jonsey is voiced by Troy Baker, so if we get Fortnite in Smash, We also get Troy Baker in Smash.
If you're trying to argue that characters voiced by Troy Baker are likely from this hypothetical scenario, that's kinda silly because Troy voiced so many characters that it changes nothing.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well at least they'd make up for Jonesy by having to make budget cuts for the rest of the pass. Here's how Isaac can still win...

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
And how does that relate to Smash?

You're reaching farther than my mind can comprehend here.

If you don't think it's a big reason, why bring it up?
Normal people's mental gymnastics:

Can I say something real quick? I want Min-Min more than Spring Man because Assist Trophies (of which the latter is) aren’t promoted in the same game they’re an Assist Trophy (unlike :ultlittlemac: after Brawl, or :ultdarksamus::ultisabelle: after Sm4sh). Why do I think it’d be a waste of time and resources (even feasible ones) to promote Spring Man in the same game he’s an Assist Trophy, you ask? Let me put it like this.

You know how people say Assist Trophies are disabled on certain stages? With all due respect, it says to me that the people who compare disabling for the sake of a stage cameo (or lack thereof, in Alucard’s case) to a hypothetical promotion for Spring Man think that everything’s the same when it comes to Assist Trophy toggling. Not that I’m going to pretend I’m some game development Einstein or anything.

Of course, I’ll accept if Spring Man is promoted, and I won’t rag on anyone who likes it…but I won’t like it myself. Purely because Sakurai (how do I put this?) would potentially overwork himself just to promote an Assist Trophy (and an ARMS character who was one at that).
Mental gymnatics.jpg

7NATOR 7NATOR mental gymnastics:
They wouldn't put him in Bayonetta 3 just to put him in Smash

There's alot of potential factors. Like I suggested in one of the Bayonetta 3 X Shadow Topics, Nintendo and Platnium would get more money by Putting in Shadow in Bayonetta 3. Sonic fans would be more interested, and there' definitly be alot of Attention on it since It be the 2nd Coming of Shadow using Guns

Sega will get more Shine on Shadow. they've been pushing him harder these days compared to the Early 2010's, where like most of the Sonic Characters not named Sonic, Eggman, or Tails, he was barely used. It also could be the Blueprint for a Sequel to Shadow the Hedgehog as an action game. from there they can actually create a New Franchise based around Shadow, for the more mature fans and stuff

Even if Bayonetta 3 Theory doesn't happen, I still will think Shadow will be in fighter Pass 2, Unless something happens that i have to give up on Him being in this Fighter Pass

But I'm not trying to suggest Bayonetta 3 would be the Sole Reason or main reason. it would be the Cherry on top that could Benefit Nintendo, Platinum, and Sega all at once.

7NATOR

Smash Master
And how does that relate to Smash?

You're reaching farther than my mind can comprehend here.

If you don't think it's a big reason, why bring it up?
Because it could add to the Speculation that Shadow could be in Fighter Pass 2

I guarantee you that if Bayonetta 3 Finally gets a new trailer, and Shadow is confirmed as a character in the game, There's gonna be some new Speculation around Shadow being in Smash or something

Take a good look at Sonic and Elise in '06 and come back to me.
If you want a Relationship well enough, You can make any unlikely ship seem nice

Like In Canon, I don't think Shadow will Date anyone at the current moment (though I think he may have in the Archie comics), and I don't think Bayonetta and Shadow will fall in Love, but in Fanfiction land anything goes

If you're trying to argue that characters voiced by Troy Baker are likely from this hypothetical scenario, that's kinda silly because Troy voiced so many characters that it changes nothing.
I'm Not, I'm just saying that if we get Fortnite in Smash, we might also get Troy Baker as well

View attachment 294185
Are you Suggesting I'm Not Normal. I Mean I Know my Theories can be a little off the wall, but they aren't that Crazy are they?

And also I don't think Assist Promotions will overwork Sakurai and the Team more than the other Fighter Pass characters would. if anything it would make it easier

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And also I don't think Assist Promotions will overwork Sakurai and the Team more than the other Fighter Pass characters would. if anything it would make it easier
You're forgetting that Perkilator believes in some crazy nonsense too: That promoting an AT as a DLC fighter requires them to edit every single stage.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Oh great, a Disgaea guessing game? Now we'll be debating Laharl and Etna while ignoring everyone else.
People would say Laharl is the obvious choice and that Etna isn't for good boys and girls and then some people will campaign for Zed because he would be the most recent character and something something shill pick. Also that one person who supports Christo despite not being on the list.
And at the end of it all the best character will get in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People would say Laharl is the obvious choice and that Etna isn't for good boys and girls and then some people will campaign for Zed because he would be the most recent character and something something shill pick. Also that one person who supports Christo despite not being on the list.
He has a metal guitar. I like him already

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I guess that makes 2 widely beloved Nintendo centric Capcom characters now
It seems like every time I go away for a bit, discussions/news about Okami seem to break out in the thread (regardless of the length of the discussion). I don't know if it's a coincidence or a cosmic joke on my behalf. Either way I'm glad for any news about Okami.

But that aside how everyone, and what's new?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You're forgetting that Perkilator believes in some crazy nonsense too: That promoting an AT as a DLC fighter requires them to edit every single stage.
If true, then there's at least precedence of a character being that ambitious, considering opinions like that were from months ago, before we knew of Steve.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Are you Suggesting I'm Not Normal. I Mean I Know my Theories can be a little off the wall, but they aren't that Crazy are they?
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but uh

You rooted through all of Platinum's tweets to see how many Sonic related posts there are

Then you tied together three seemingly unrelated statements into a theory about Shadow in Bayonetta 3

And then you managed to figure out a way to tie Smash into it

All bound by points that are honestly pretty circumstantial

Rowlet.jpeg

I am afraid

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but uh

You rooted through all of Platinum's tweets to see how many Sonic related posts there are

Then you tied together three seemingly unrelated statements into a theory about Shadow in Bayonetta 3

And then you managed to figure out a way to tie Smash into it

All bound by points that are honestly pretty circumstantial

View attachment 294189
I am afraid
Trust me, this isn't even the scariest/creepyiest thing 7nator did.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
The more we approach the Game Awards the more I become afraid of the possibility that Jonesy Fortnite might actually join the game as a playable fighter....

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I was thinking of Valvatorez, but that works too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not gonna lie dude. The Shadow in Bayonetta 3 theory is making me go...
2019032602141400-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg

There's some logic to it, but no common sense used with it.

Meanwhile Perkilator Perkilator 's opinion is just lame. "Wasted dev time..." is an actual trash excuse. Whenever other fighting games make an NPC a playable character through DLC, does that mean they had to endure the dreaded "wasted dev time"?

Heck look at DLC in general. The poor developers wasted all that time programming that little "You unlocked all the characters message." The utter horror!

The entire concept is assinine. Dev's changing something doesn't mean time was wasted. It just means the game is at a different stage.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Thinking about it, there aren't Too Many Characters that use Electric Guitars

I don't know who that Disgaea Character is. He Looks Like a Super Sayian with a Guitar. Pretty cool

But besides him, There's Dante, there's I-NO from Guilty Gear, A Guitar Hero Character, This One Cult Classic Game I've seen on youtube but can't remember the name, and Kind of Toxicrcity (he is the Guitar).

----------------------------

Also Guys, At the end of the Day it's just Speculation, you don't have to be Afraid. At the end of the Day It's all in good fun, I'm not hurting anybody with any of these Theories.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Heck look at DLC in general. The poor developers wasted all that time programming that little "You unlocked all the characters message." The utter horror!
They even wasted dev time making Joker's victory screen super unique, giving Hero over 20 spells to randomly select from, making Min Min completely defy how Smash normally plays, and making sure each and every surface in the game gives Steve the proper blocks. Clearly, ensuring that a Waluigi with only 3 moves can't be present when a Waluigi with 23 moves is on screen would be too much.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

View attachment 294185
My man, if I'm to be completely honest, although The Magnificent Seven's theory is wack, pushing your own (very much subjective) opinion as the "regular mental gymnastics" compared to his post seems a tad self-indulgent, no?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Weird envelope? Sonic shooting Mario? Cartoony Crossover of video game characters? Talking about Fortnite? What could this mean?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Are you referring to the time he compared Geno to Jesus Christ?
Looking back on it, I might not have thought through the Consequences

I just Noticed there were Similarities between the TWO. Geno in SMRPG is a spirit that comes down to a Mortal form to help the World Affairs and guide to a Better World. There's also how some people look at the Geno support, with some calling it a Cult or something like that (I don't agree that it is a Cult), and all the support that Geno gets, And I did see some Similarities that did scare me a little

I was actually thinking of posting it on Here, but some People on Gamefaqs were kind of offended by the topic. I didn't try to make the topic to be offensive, I just wanted to know if People saw the Similarities (and some did). The Mods of Gamefaqs ended up taking down the topic. It was shortlived.

I think I Might not make a Topic like that in the future, just like How I won't make another Boob Theory.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Weird envelope? Sonic shooting Mario? Cartoony Crossover of video game characters? Talking about Fortnite? What could this mean?

That Fortnite has an extremely cartoonish art style and has had plenty of crossover events. Nothing else.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Great, now the leakers are getting in on it...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom