• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So you guys hearing about this leak being talked about on the Shantae thread regarding a possible double reveal of Shantae and Crash?

Thoughts on that?

7NATOR

Smash Master
So you guys hearing about this leak being talked about on the Shantae thread regarding a possible double reveal of Shantae and Crash?

Thoughts on that?
You Probably should have posted the Leak Pic

Kitsune Luigi Nintendo announcement leak.png

I Believe it got Something Animal Crossing related Right, and the main thing here is that NSO thing might be related to the new update we got that Re-Organized the App. Could be a part of NSO update for next year

and there's nothing here that says Double Reveal. anyway thoughts on this Is I'm not sure. If we see more stuff come from this, or Crash is in the Fighter pass, Then Take leak more seriously

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wouldn't lie. A double reveal of Crash and Shantae would be lit.

Though not a supporter of Shantae, she would be a fun character given her fun moveset she'd bring. Crash would also be a bonus.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Thoughts on that?
This one?
Im tinfoiling here by BIG AMOUNT but....this leak said we'd get nintendo classic games all n one app, and just now the Switch 11.0 update added a new app and from it you can access both NES and SNES games from it

Its crazy but I mean I didnt keep keep with this update so was this known about well before it went live? what would be on the app?

View attachment 293452
First off, it's a leak, which puts me into skeptic mode by default. Secondly, it's 4chan, which shoves my hand even closer to the doubt button. Third, it seems to have forgotten Steve exists, because Crash is definitely not CP7.

It's a bit more grounded than most "leaks," but it seems pretty sketchy to me. I can sorta buy the concept of a revamped classic game system, but I'm hesitant to go all-in with how expansive it is. Same with three Western characters in a row; Smash has historically stuck to Japanese IPs and has only started branching out recently. I'm not expecting a sudden surge all at once. I'm expecting one more Western rep; Maybe we'll see a third, but I doubt it.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
This one?

First off, it's a leak, which puts me into skeptic mode by default. Secondly, it's 4chan, which shoves my hand even closer to the doubt button. Third, it seems to have forgotten Steve exists, because Crash is definitely not CP7.

It's a bit more grounded than most "leaks," but it seems pretty sketchy to me. I can sorta buy the concept of a revamped classic game system, but I'm hesitant to go all-in with how expansive it is. Same with three Western characters in a row; Smash has historically stuck to Japanese IPs and has only started branching out recently. I'm not expecting a sudden surge all at once. I'm expecting one more Western rep; Maybe we'll see a third, but I doubt it.
Jesus****in'...do you REALLY think a leak posted a MONTH after Steve's announcement would put something like "Crash is CP7" and it not be an obvious typo mistake (i.e a momentary brainfart)? Like even if this leak is fake as ****, it would still OBVIOUSLY be a typo! I don't mean to get rude but damn I've seen people bring this point up WAAY too much. Like its a typo guys, the fact it was posted in November should be obvious enough.

You guys aren't making some massive revelation by pointing out "Hey wait Steve is CP7 not Crash, FAKE!"

Don't take this as defending the leak, I just hate seeing debunks for leaks that are based on faulty conclusions. If you're gonna point out something isn't legit, actually point out something that matters.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I Believe it got Something Animal Crossing related Right,
You dont craft food or toys in animal crossing. The food was automatically made with Franklin and that only lasted thankgiving, we can only grow pumpkins and you buy toys from nooks, not craft them

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I Believe it got Something Animal Crossing related Right, and the main thing here is that NSO thing might be related to the new update we got that Re-Organized the App. Could be a part of NSO update for next year
Pretty sure the Animal Crossing stuff is wrong.

Pumpkins have been the only vegetable you can grow since October.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You dont craft food or toys in animal crossing. The food was automatically made with Franklin and that only lasted thankgiving, we can only grow pumpkins and you buy toys from nooks, not craft them
it still basic details I guess....going off the idea this leak is legit, the leaker had info and made a reasonable assumption based on that info.

Yeah this is hella fake. Imagine thinking Nintendo's drip feeding ass is going to release a load of N64, GameCube, Wii and Game Boy games all in the same year.
Especially when Nintendo has historically been really hesitant to rerelease Gamecube games outside of the occasional remaster.

Also, didn't the Wii's revision just remove the internal gamecube to make production cheaper? I'm not sure how that's even applicable to the Switch revision.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lmao, all I did was get this thread talking about Shantae the other day and suddenly there’s a leak with her

funny how the universe works

I do nevertheless get the vibe that this is implying a double reveal and I don’t think Shantae is TGA material, much less so doing a double Smash reveal there

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Mean, if this leak was Real, It would explain why Matt was silent about Shantae in Smash in that Reddit AMA

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Jesus*....do you REALLY think a leak posted a MONTH after Steve's announcement would put something like "Crash is CP7" and it not be an obvious typo mistake? Like even if this leak is fake as * it would still OBVIOUSLY be a typo! I don't mean to get rude but damn I've seen people bring this point up WAAY too much. Like its a typo guys, the fact it was posted in November should be obvious enough.

You guys aren't making some massive revelation by pointing out "Hey wait Steve is CP7 not Crash, FAKE!"
You don't have to be so aggressive, you know. You can get the point across without seeming so angry.

And even if it was a typo, it's still some rando on 4chan. No credibility to their name. There's no reason for us to trust them.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You don't have to be so aggressive, you know. You can get the point across without seeming so angry.

And even if it was a typo, it's still some rando on 4chan. No credibility to their name. There's no reason for us to trust them.
I just dont want even a fake leak be countered by weak arguments. It just doesnt sit with me.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, didn't the Wii's revision just remove the internal gamecube to make production cheaper?
That's impossible, the Wii is literally Gamecube hardware but stronger. Newer Wiis did remove Gamecube ports and their firmware will reject Gamecube discs, but internally it's still two Gamecubes duct taped together.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I just dont want even a fake leak be countered by weak arguments. It just doesnt sit with me.
I second that. Some convincing fakes just get outright passed over as soon as someone on Twitter says it's fake.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
4Chan has had a fair amount of real stuff before. ERSB, the Ken leak, years of Yugioh OCG list leaks.

But it's still full of fake stuff. Either way, that leak is blatantly fake. Typo or not, it's a pretty big red flag that they can't even get something so simple right. Which shows poor research alone. Then you have blatantly incorrect stuff in Animal Crossing.

It's easy to throw out regardless of the site it's from. Only one can be justified as a typo at best. And yes, those details matter. Because those details are important to the leak's credibility. It did not get AC right, it made up stuff that sounded plausible in the first place and it ended up wrong.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Yeah, Joe answered it... and this was roughly two months ago...
From What I've seen from Shantae supporters, even though Joe answered it, they saw it as Positive because it wasn't Matt himself that answered the Question. the Logic is that Matt probably be the one to know about Shantae's Presence in Smash, and him keeping Silent about that question could be a sign

I guess it's a Double Edge sword. If you believe Joe would be involved in process of Confirming Shantae's Precense in smash, than Shantae might be deconfirmed here. otherwise it could be positive of some type of content coming in future

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
4Chan has had a fair amount of real stuff before. ERSB, the Ken leak, years of Yugioh OCG list leaks.

But it's still full of fake stuff. Either way, that leak is blatantly fake. Typo or not, it's a pretty big red flag that they can't even get something so simple right. Which shows poor research alone. Then you have blatantly incorrect stuff in Animal Crossing.

It's easy to throw out regardless of the site it's from. Only one can be justified as a typo at best. And yes, those details matter. Because those details are important to the leak's credibility. It did not get AC right, it made up stuff that sounded plausible in the first place and it ended up wrong.
So I guess youve never typed something wrong just from having momentary lapse in how your mind filters info? I've definetly gotten dates wrong when writing letters or whatever.

SKX31

Smash Master
lmao Konami will be the first third party on the Switch to hit a million sales with a title in Japan.

BONUS ROUND: Try to guess the point when Kojimbo was fired

View attachment 294125
Can't help but to feel that a large part of that is Konami licensing out stuff left, right and centre like the Castlevania Netflix series and the mobile game Contra Return.

Also, is Momotaro Densetsu "Dokapon Kingdom blended together with railroads and Monopoly"? If so... whelp, guess we found our 2021 GotY folks, pack it up. :4pacman:

"See you later this month!"
Oh boy, it begins.

TGA or something else? Either way - to quote a certain space merc - we're gonna have fun with this thing.

That's impossible, the Wii is literally Gamecube hardware but stronger. Newer Wiis did remove Gamecube ports and their firmware will reject Gamecube discs, but internally it's still two Gamecubes duct taped together.
Good to know, but I still don't know how a Switch revision is supposed to feel Wii-like when the Switch doesn't have anything that can be removed, ports or otherwise. The thing is as streamlined as they could make it. The only thing I can think of is if the Switch gets a price cut (not really a revision) or the post is referring to the Wii Mini, in which case I still don't get it. Is it supposed to be like a Gameboy Advance SP type situation?

I'm assuming the post just means there won't really be a power increase, but the Wii is such an odd comparison point that I can't help but feel like there was a bigger reason. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time if I was reading too much into something.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You Probably should have posted the Leak Pic

View attachment 294138

and there's nothing here that says Double Reveal. anyway thoughts on this Is I'm not sure. If we see more stuff come from this, or Crash is in the Fighter pass, Then Take leak more seriously
I'm bored, so here's my attempt at debunking this. :p

- imo, the first 3 bulletin points seem to be piggybacking off another 4chan post from a "supposed" Nintendo employee detailing Nintendo's plans to revamp their service. This post was highlighted on Twitter by LuigiBlood (a talented developer and retro enthusiast) around 28 days before this one. This was because of how knowledgeable the user seemed to be regarding the technical workings behind these emulators, and how they match up with observations made in Nintendo's data.

- However, a main contradiction was found in the highlighted post. The leak mentioned that Fire Emblem would be using NERD's NES emulator. However, that was proven to be false. Turns out, this game uses the Wii U NES emulator (named VESSEL) ported to Switch, and may even have started development on Wii U. Which contradicts the Nintendo employee leak. So if you go with the assumption that the first three lines are based on that one (which is a safe bet imo), than the Nov. 10th one gets a big hit towards it.

- As for the Mario Kart stuff. While I have nothing to directly contradict it, I think a good assumption to make would be that since Mario Kart: Home Circuit has the same feature, this same person who possibly made this post looked at that and just made a genuine assumption. Basically, just bandwagoning off a recent release's feature that may appear in future titles.

- Animal Crossing wise... IDK. So I'm not going to comment on that lol.

- Regarding the last one with the new Switch model... the term "netcode" in this scenario... doesn't make any sense lol. I mean... granted, the Switch is well known for it's spotty wifi once in awhile, but I figure that'd be etched in hardware more than software imo. So while the new Switch model may have strengthened wifi, "netcode" isn't even a term for that lol.

So... yeah. That went for way longer than I anticipated lol.

Split quarks
According to some physicists, splitting quarks might give you... just more quarks. So you'd be back to square one potentially :p

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm bored, so here's my attempt at debunking this. :p

- imo, the first 3 bulletin points seem to be piggybacking off another 4chan post from a "supposed" Nintendo employee detailing Nintendo's plans to revamp their service. This post was highlighted on Twitter by LuigiBlood (a talented developer and retro enthusiast) around 28 days before this one. This was because of how knowledgeable the user seemed to be regarding the technical workings behind these emulators, and how they match up with observations made in Nintendo's data.

- However, a main contradiction was found in the highlighted post. The leak mentioned that Fire Emblem would be using NERD's NES emulator. However, that was proven to be false. Turns out, this game uses the Wii U NES emulator (named VESSEL) ported to Switch, and may even have started development on Wii U. Which contradicts the Nintendo employee leak. So if you go with the assumption that the first three lines are based on that one (which is a safe bet imo), than the Nov. 10th one gets a big hit towards it.

- As for the Mario Kart stuff. While I have nothing to directly contradict it, I think a good assumption to make would be that since Mario Kart: Home Circuit has the same feature, this same person who possibly made this post looked at that and just made a genuine assumption. Basically, just bandwagoning off a recent release's feature that may appear in future titles.

- Animal Crossing wise... IDK. So I'm not going to comment on that lol.

- Regarding the last one with the new Switch model... the term "netcode" in this scenario... doesn't make any sense lol. I mean... granted, the Switch is well known for it's spotty wifi once in awhile, but I figure that'd be etched in hardware more than software imo. So while the new Switch model may have strengthened wifi, "netcode" isn't even a term for that lol.

So... yeah. That went for way longer than I anticipated lol.
The most hilarious(and actual typo) is still trying to label it as FP instead of CP, which is the proper term. At least that's so commonplace, it's practically a fan nickname for it.

As for AC, the information is loosely similar to the real product, but that just suggests it's a pure guess and not remotely real.

But yeah, good information to know. If wasn't easy enough to throw out due to tons of incorrect information, it's a goner now.

I'll give credit for at least trying to almost make it sound interesting?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom