• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yesterday we talked about Kratos in Fortnite, and today there's a leak about a Halo event in Fortnite Fortnite: Battle Royale Leaks sur Twitter : "Here's some images of the Halo Cosmetics, these are confirmed to be real. https://t.co/y4umAc8Udu" / Twitter There's also a pic of Master chief in Fortnite.

Wasn't there a leak some time ago that there would be a Splatoon event? Maybe they will do a big event will all 3 big console publishers. Perhaps this could lead to Fortnite in Smash (maybe with a Mii or spirits event).

Attachments

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yesterday we talked about Kratos in Fortnite, and today there's a leak about a Halo event in Fortnite Fortnite: Battle Royale Leaks sur Twitter : "Here's some images of the Halo Cosmetics, these are confirmed to be real. https://t.co/y4umAc8Udu" / Twitter There's also a pic of Master chief in Fortnite.

Wasn't there a leak some time ago that there would be a Splatoon event? Maybe they will do a big event will all 3 big console publishers. Perhaps this could lead to Fortnite in Smash (maybe with a Mii or spirits event).
Ah yes, the three flagships of the console makers:
  • God of War
  • Halo
  • Splatoon

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The three flagships of the console makers:
  • God of War
  • Halo
  • Splatoon
Yeah that would be a bit weird, but maybe they would go with Splatoon because Nintendo don't want Mario in Fortnite. I remember that Miyamoto wasn't very open with Mario having a guns in Mario + Rabbids, and Ubisoft had to work really hard to change the guns design. So I don't think that Mario would fit Fortnite. I don't think that Link with a gun would work well either, and Pokémon would probably be hard to work with. I think the more likely would be Splatoon or Metroid, but I'm just speculating here. Maybe Nintendo will have nothing, but like Fortnite or not, it would be amazing to have al 3 publishers represent in the same game.

SKX31

Smash Master
  • God of War
  • Halo
  • Splatoon
Can't wait for the inevitable showdown between Inklings and Stormtroopers in Fortnite.

The only way to make it even more Fortnite-y is to have Inklings (and Kirby for some reason) present in the next Fortnite concert.

(The fact that both Fortnite and Roblox have started hosting concerts in-game is weirdly mind-blowing IMO.)

Ornl

Smash Ace
I just saw that Kirby, Monster hunter, Phoenix Wright, Yokai Watch and Reimu are in the last Taiko no tatsujin. https://twitter.com/tech_gaming/status/1334207253944037378?s=19
Here are non-Bamco music series that appear in Taiko no Tatsujin*:
• Nintendo – Animal Crossing, Balloon Fight, Excitebike, Kirby, Mario, Pikmin, Pokémon, Splatoon, Zelda.
• Capcom – Ace Attorney, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Mega Man, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter.
• Cygames – Granblue Fantasy.
• GungHo – Puzzle & Dragons.
• Konami – Star Soldier.
• Level-5 – Inazuma Eleven, Ni no Kuni, Yo-kai Watch.
• Nihon Falcom – The Legend of Heroes, Xanadu, Ys.
• Type-Moon – Fate.
• Sega – Chain Chronicle, Fantasy Zone, Hang On, Puyo Puyo, Sonic, Yakuza.
• Squenix – Dragon Quest.
+Taito – Darius, Metal Black, Rastan, The Legend of Kage.
• Sony – Ape Escape, Freedom Wars, LittleBigPlanet
• Indie – Deemo, Touhou Project, Undertale.
3rd-party Fighters whose music appear in Taiko no Tatsujin: :ultsonic: :ultmegaman: :ultpacman::ultryu::ulthero:
Others: :ultsnake::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultsteve:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And Cuphead
And both Ori gameas
So the three games I mentioned.
And every Bethesda game since Microsoft bought ZeniMax, which includes the upcoming Switch version of Doom Eternal
The likes of Doom Eternal aren't evidence of a good relationship with Nintendo, the contracts existed before the acquisition and they legally have to honor them.

As for subsequent games, we'll see what happens.
And Smash on two separate occasions
Being in Smash doesn't count as a pro for their chances to get a character in Smash, that's just circular reasoning.

Again, I'm not saying Microsoft and Nintendo aren't cooperative. But when you list all of their collaborations like that, it's really not that impressive. It's certainly not an exceptional amount of collaboration that no other company could aspire to like it was characterized.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Hey, remember that Paintbrush guy who leaked Byleth, Steve, and Monster Hunter Rise? Has he said anything else lately or is he still silent?
Are you talking about Zhuge Ex? If so, he only talks about the stuff he heard only when they already out in the open if we are minutes away from the official reveal, so he probably won't spill the beans on the next Smash character even if he knows who it is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Are you talking about Zhuge Ex? If so, he only talks about the stuff he heard only when they already out in the open if we are minutes away from the official reveal, so he probably won't spill the beans on the next Smash character even if he knows who it is.
No, it was some guy on Reddit. His username was some variation of paintbrush I think

D

Deleted member

• God of War
  • Halo
  • Splatoon
Is God of War really considered a Flagship series for Sony? I know it typically reviews and does well, but it's been 1 game a generation...and the console generations typically last 7 years. That's not really the hallmark of something one would consider a 'flagship series'.

And there's absolutely NO WAY that Splatoon is considered a Flagship series of nintendo. it's good, but Mario has been and always will be the Flagship series of Nintendo.

A flagship is the ship that represents the fleet; you see it, you think of that country/nation/(in this case, Console). If these console companies all had navies, you can bet damn well that Splatoon is not leading the Nintendo division. I mean, all credit to it for being a good game, but it is by no means the Flagship. And before you amend your statement, no, it's not the Flagship of the Switch either, I'm sorry.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, paintbrush guy. I forgot their exact username and couldn't find posts from when we were talking about him with keywords like "paintbrush leaker" or "paintbrush monster hunter." Just a link to him would be nice.
The leaker is u/PracticalBrush12 they have not said anything in 15 days
BOOYAH

...you think he’ll avoid the Nintenjas forever like this?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But when you list all of their collaborations like that, it's really not that impressive. It's certainly not an exceptional amount of collaboration that no other company could aspire to like it was characterized.
They're console rivals, so it's natural they wouldn't go all out.

But Microsoft and Nintendo also really have no reason to work together on literally anything for that reason, so it's still impressive in some way.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ah yes, my favorite video game character: Tomb Raider from the critically acclaimed Lara Croft series.
What, you didn't know about the Lara Croft series? It was a relatively unknown series that has become a cult classic. It came out in February 31st, 1997. :laugh:

Y’all there actually is a Lara Croft series...

Plus Lara Croft Go and Lara Croft: Relic Run

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Is God of War really considered a Flagship series for Sony? I know it typically reviews and does well, but it's been 1 game a generation...and the console generations typically last 7 years. That's not really the hallmark of something one would consider a 'flagship series'.

And there's absolutely NO WAY that Splatoon is considered a Flagship series of nintendo. it's good, but Mario has been and always will be the Flagship series of Nintendo.

A flagship is the ship that represents the fleet; you see it, you think of that country/nation/(in this case, Console). If these console companies all had navies, you can bet damn well that Splatoon is not leading the Nintendo division. I mean, all credit to it for being a good game, but it is by no means the Flagship. And before you amend your statement, no, it's not the Flagship of the Switch either, I'm sorry.
That's the joke. The mascots for Sony and Microsoft (Though that's debatable for Sony; They seem to cycle through a lot of mascots) get content, and then for Nintendo's side, it's just

Splatoon

Probably should've added an "Ah yes," to the beginning, but still. SmashBoards has done a number on my sanity, but I'm not THAT far gone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean also brush can be anything - hair brush, tooth brush... for some reason tho my brain associated that leaker with the word paintbrush specifically... maybe cause the word before brush in their name starts with a P

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The likes of Doom Eternal aren't evidence of a good relationship with Nintendo, the contracts existed before the acquisition and they legally have to honor them.

As for subsequent games, we'll see what happens.
I do NOT work in contract litigation, but I do have to deal with a good number of contracts for marketing purposes.
It would be very odd for there not to be an exit clause from these two major companies. Acquisition can be a part of that, but Covid could nullify even more of an agreement.

It very well wouldn't, and Nintendo could want to go through with it regardless- but it is very likely not a guarantee.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

God of War has 8 installments over PS2-4.
And while I agree that Splatoon is not the flagship series, it definitely is rapidly becoming a flagship series, and immediately screams Nintendo (and Nickelodeon) when seen.
They're console rivals, so it's natural they wouldn't go all out.

But Microsoft and Nintendo also really have no reason to work together on literally anything for that reason, so it's still impressive in some way.
I mean... Microsoft has a stronger interface and social media interaction. Nintendo has stronger innovations and IPs.
They both benefit from a teammup.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Umm, it hasn't been 1 game a generation. PS2 had God of War 1 and 2. PS3 had God of War 3 and Ascension. PSP had Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta. If we don't count the mobile phone game, the only time a generation only had one God of War game was PS4. Like sure, it's nowhere near as packed as Rachet and Clank, but it's still a series that had multiple entries on PS2, PSP and PS3.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think it's proof that sometimes, you don't need quantity when you can nail the quality.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Well if you count the upcoming ps5 games, God of war had at least 1 game on 4/5 playstation console and 1/2 portable consoles. This might not seems like a lot when you compare to Mario or Zelda, but it's one of the most prominent Sony franchises. And it's their third best selling franchise only behind Gran turismo and Uncharted (Yes, despite having like twice more games Ratchet franchise sold less than Gof of war). So yeah, when you compare God of war to Mario, Zelda, Pokémon or Halo it's a bit smaller, but it's still Sony biggest franchise with Gran turismo, but I don't really see how a playable Subaru would work in Fortnite. To be fair Nathan Drake could have work well, but for Kratos being around for a longer time I think Kratos is a better representation of Sony.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was joking please don't take it seriously
I'm not taking Splatoon as the 'face' of Nintendo seriously- but I am definitely going to defend the importance of God of War to Playstation, and even Splatoon to Nintendo.
To be fair Nathan Drake could have work well, but for Kratos being around for a longer time I think Kratos is a better representation of Sony.
Nathan Drake is based on Nathan Fillion... not sure how he could be added.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Fortnite Squid Kid thing could just be Fortnite adding a new costume that is a Squid, like full on Octodad style Squid kid. not necessarily splatoon
Wouldn't it have said "Inkling" if they were going to add a Splatoon skin to Fortnite or do they use codenames as well?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Funny to assume a company can only have one flagship title when Nintendo has at least six of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom