• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It feels weird that there's a chance we're 3 days away from a reveal and I just find myself not caring. I haven't played Smash in a month so that's probably got something to do with it, though a TGA reveal being impossible to catch live probably dampens things for me
The tenth is not three days away...

EDIT: Reasons not to start at the back.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Here's a question how would you react if a Call of Duty character got confirmed?
Memes. So. Many. MEMES!
Speaking of which, here's another question for this board, if you had to choose between Target Blast (Angry Birds Mode), or the regular Target Smash from the first three games to bring back as DLC for Ultimate, which would you pick?

Actually let's up it a notch and throw in Board the Platforms as well for a ranking match.

My priority would be:

1. Target Smash
2. Board the Platforms
3. Target Blast
1. Crystal Smash
2. Character Tests similar to those of the Kirby Anniversary
3. Angry Birds lol
4. Add PM Knuckles
5. The Actual Game Modes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I Don't know if it's just a meme. I Mean

View attachment 293618

It Does look like Rayman in here personally. I can see why people think he's in the Ice. even if Not Rayman, it's the Weirdest texture in the game
Your eyes see what you want to see, I suppose

that’s how optical illusions work

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I Don't know if it's just a meme. I Mean

View attachment 293618

It Does look like Rayman in here personally. I can see why people think he's in the Ice. even if Not Rayman, it's the Weirdest texture in the game
If you move the camera or clip through the ice you can see it is just some rocks.

Weird ass case of Pareidolia though it's kind of hilarious

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

cashregister9

Smash Hero
What would your reaction be if Isaac was revealed?
I'm not a big fan, If he has his Dark Dawn design then I will move to neutral but he is not my cup of tea. I'd be happy for his fans though.

I would not be looking forward to the fact that Speculation would probably revert to base game levels because that would mean that Assists don't disconfirm. If Isaac got in, You know there would be an influx of Waluigi spam. (I'm not saying waluigi is bad I'm just not a fan of unfunny memes that mix in with those who genuinely want a character.)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'd be okay with him but a little disappointed that it wasn't a third party character.

Edit: Okay I just realised you didn't specifically point out which Isaac you're referring to. Was this some kind of trick question?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not a big fan, If he has his Dark Dawn design then I will move to neutral but he is not my cup of tea. I'd be happy for his fans though.

I would not be looking forward to the fact that Speculation would probably revert to base game levels because that would mean that Assists don't disconfirm. If Isaac got in, You know there would be an influx of Waluigi spam. (I'm not saying waluigi is bad I'm just not a fan of unfunny memes that mix in with those who genuinely want a character.)
You can't escape speculation focusing only on a small number of characters anyway.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Ok but what if it’s the Isaac from Binding of Isaac tho

...on second thought, he’s not for good boys and girls
Isn't Isaac's Nakedness not that detailed, so it's not the bad type of Naked that would get him banned from Smash?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Isn't Isaac's Nakedness not that detailed, so it's not the bad type of Naked that would get him banned from Smash?
I think they were referring to the amounts of blood and literal **** found in the games world. but as bayonetta has shown that type of stuff can be removed so...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If Sony was not so ...annoying we will say... It would be nice to have some of the Playstation All stars. Imagine getting Katt, Sly, Jak, Rachet or Sac boy.
Hell, if Sony could just revisit the idea with a better battle system, it would still be awesome. Was a decent game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Sony was not so ...annoying we will say... It would be nice to have some of the Playstation All stars. Imagine getting Katt, Sly, Jak, Rachet or Sac boy.
Hell, if Sony could just revisit the idea with a better battle system, it would still be awesome. Was a decent game.
Cries in Spike Ape Escape

yes that’s his name you won’t convince me otherwise

it’s a meme like Sans Undertale, Corrin Fire Emblem etc

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I mean if we're talking about Binding of Isaac being in Smash there's still other equipment in his home series that don't necessarily involved blood, pee and poo so that's nice to hear💦

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Happy but confused.

Happy because I want him and he's one of the few first party characters remaining I really like.

Confused because I honestly don't think he will get in in Ultimate, at this point I have assumed he will have to wait for the next Smash game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think they were referring to the amounts of blood and literal **** found in the games world. but as bayonetta has shown that type of stuff can be removed so...
Maybe they should put those in Smash, just to stop people from acting like "good boys and girls" is the most hilarious, smart and must-repeat-ad-nauseam phrase in existence.

On a less salty note, a character with multiple projectile normals like Mega Man and Villager would be really fun, actually. Plus, Isaac already have one crossover fighting game under his belt. Not like I think he has a chance but it's fun to think about.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'd be pretty happy. Hopefully a revival of the series would come shortly after, so I could have a proper introduction to Golden Sun and RPGs as a whole.

I wouldn't want to be that guy but I would admittedly have some degree of satisfaction for thinking he had a chance before he was actually confirmed. Doubly so if the remake actually comes true. I wouldn't be actively rubbing it in people's face, but yeah, it'd feel pretty good.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Isaac can use JRPG rock magic to stone people to death
I know, I played the games 5-6 years ago, but in contrary to the rest of the world I don't picture Isaac exclusively using Psynergy for his entire moveset, especially because swordplay is a big enough deal for him due to his starting and final weapons being a sword and the weapon roar mechanic or whatever they called it. This isn't a bad thing per se as swords are cool and the roars may end up as part of normals or something but realistically speaking, he's gonna use a sword for normals. People seem to forget that normals are a part of Smash the more I think about it lmao

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Isaac from Golden Sun, The Binding of Isaac, or Dead Space? I think I'd be okay with any of them, though I haven't played Dead Space yet, so I'm not as sure about the last one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom