• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I know that. I could've been clearer on it. But I was asking more on what kind of title it was going to be? I mean, with a name like Rockman Match, it feels quite easy to assume it will be a Megaman game that revolves around competition or fighting.
MEGA MAN POWER FIGHTERS 3 LESGOOOO THE THIRD INSTALLMENT OF A SPINOFF PEOPLE NEVER ****ING ASKED FOR INSTEAD OF LEGENDS 3
You're going to be so disappointed when it's a mobile tile matching game.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
The only thing I'll say is that Sony and Naughty Dog are fools for not taking advantage of the LoU2 debates via putting out Playstation All Stars 2 and featuring characters from it.

Hard to be angry about the controversy if you can have Ellie get into knock down drag out fights with Parappa the Rapper after all.
Is it weird I’d want another Sony fighter to be a Marvel vs Capcom style game instead of a Smash style one? I really don’t think anyone can beat Smash, so why try?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Jesus christ Capcom's going ing ape with giving fans damn near everything they want here
FINAL FIGHT & POWER STONE REMAKES!??? CAPTAIN COMMANDO? LETS GOOOOOOO! God I hope one of those code names is Mahvel!!!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I myself am still waiting for Darkstalkers to make a return. Hopefully at least this decade...

Speaking of which I know there was a Street Fighter vs. Darkstalkers comic. If they really want to get Darkstalkers back in the running, mash and make a Vs. game against the most iconic fighting game series ever, especially being both are made and owned by Capcom. That would definitely sell.
Or they could rip off the band-aid and add a Darkstalkers character to Street Fighter.

What? I want official confirmation on whether or not they're set in the same universe, dagnabbit! I'm tired of what feels like constant teasing (but might not actually be teasing)!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Or they could rip off the band-aid and add a Darkstalkers character to Street Fighter.

What? I want official confirmation on whether or not they're set in the same universe, dagnabbit! I'm tired of what feels like constant teasing (but might not actually be teasing)!
Plot twist: Darkstalkers is cannon to Street Fighter, but it's a fictional TV show in that universe.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The fact both are even owned, I'm surprised they never had done a Vs. crossover between them as a game. Especially being to my knowledge they're the only fighting games owned by Capcom. If you also want to sell it more like hotcakes thrown Dante in there too as a guest, that'd definitely be bringing the money in.

The same with Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
And according to Resetera, if you dont like the game, you are transphobic and Homophobic
Resetera stay thinking stupid🤷‍♀️ I dont like the game because I just dont like the game and its out of order story telling
As someone who’s actually a ResetEra member

I have never seen anyone called anyone transphobic and homophobic for disliking the game, unless you are actually using transphobic and homophobic reasonings

If didn’t like it’s “out of order“ storytelling, then that’s fine, but if your one of the people that unironically thinks or make jokes about Abby somehow looking like a dude, or you dislike the romance, not because on how written, because it has lesbians, then yeah, you are rightfully gonna get called out

and for some reason, there way to many people on the internet who don’t understand “let me criticize something for how it’s written, not whatever or not it’s agrees or disagree with my biases and views of the real world“

It’s even more ironic, cause while half of site dose indeed enjoy the game, they are also critical of how they handle some of it’s “progressive“ elements

More specifically, alot of people think the game is somewhat transphobic due to
how they handle a actual trans character in the story

You can debate whatever or not they overreacting or “it’s never enough for these people“ and my apologies for bringing up TLOU2 discourse, but I hate it when people just causally just lump communities (especially ones I’m in) a in borde stroke. When reailty there are just as many people who don’t like or are mix on the game on there as well

I have my problems with the site aswell, but I also have some problems with this community aswell, and you don’t see me painting all you guys as ”anime hating nitpickers who are all impatient and likes/hate Geno”

Like TLOU2 itself , the real world is suppose to be nuance and shows that not everyone and everything as black and white as it seems, people have there reasons why they believe and chose the views that they seem fit, but I’m starting to think maybe that we are sadly far form the case and people want it to be black and white, just be seeing some of these replies

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know that. I could've been clearer on it. But I was asking more on what kind of title it was going to be? I mean, with a name like Rockman Match, it feels quite easy to assume it will be a Megaman game that revolves around competition or fighting.
mega man soccer 2

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Ivander Ivander Megaman is called Rockman in japanese so that is 100% a Megaman game, I'd say

I guess so

I don't have much of a problem waiting for DMC6 a bit longer, I was already prepared for that because Itsuno already said that Capcom gave him the option to make either DMC5 or Dragon's Dogma 2. And we know he chose the first one, so it was highly likely he was going to do DD2 after DMC5.

But AA7... it's strange. Certainly the info found about AA7 was from last year if I remember correctly. And this new list I believe it's very recent. Maybe AA7 is in development hell? Maybe it doesn't appear here for some strange reason? At the same time Monster Hunter Rise and RE8 aren't here as well lol

The first codename is for Pragmata by the way so that's one codename less. And I'm guessing one of the remaining codenames is for a Marvel vs Capcom game? Or a Versus game of some kind at least
Project Reiwa and Project Guillotine aren't on this spreadsheet either and those were discovered in much more recent documents than that those mentioning AA7.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I don't know if the lack of a Mega Man X9 is a sign to be skeptical about the list's credibility given such a game would make clear sense to come out in the next few years or as a sign of its verisimilitude given that not releasing such a game even after the collection came out fits entirely within Capcom's treatment of the franchise.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Project Reiwa and Project Guillotine aren't on this spreadsheet either and those were discovered in much recent document that those mentioning AA7.
Guillotine is the new Ghost and Goblins game which is supposed to be released next year, so yeah, his absence in the spreadsheet is strange. Same goes for Reiwa which is called Arcade Stadium:

GHOST 'N' GOBLINS RE (translated/decrypted from 魔界RE) is a Nintendo Switch Timed Exclusive (RE probably stands for RE Engine) releasing on february 25th. It has promotional support from Nintendo and is exclusive for three months. I'tll release on June 1st on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

ARCADE STADIUM (translated from アーケードスタジアム) is a Nintendo Switch Timed Exclusive with interlocking promotion with GHOST 'N' GOBLINS releasing on February 18th. It'll release on PS4/One/PC on May 25th. It is codename REIWA.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I can see this “new” (?) Ghost N Goblins game being announced at next TGA. Last two years, they showed a new exclusive third party game (2018: MUA3, 2019: BD2). This fits with the same idea.

Hopefully we get a new Nintendo announcement from one of their own IPs like the long rumored 2D Metroid game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
before you say anything, no I don’t think this means anything news wise at all

but:
View attachment 292194

what could possibly need updating??
Guess we'll find out later, but it definitely won't mean anything.

TGA is probably the last chance for them to do a character reveal this year unless Nintendo pulls a surprise Direct or Sakurai Presents at the last second. If none of those scenarios happen, we won't be getting another reveal until 2021.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Guillotine is the new Ghost and Goblins game which is supposed to be released next year, so yeah, his absence in the spreadsheet is strange. Same goes for Reiwa which is called Arcade Stadium:

GHOST 'N' GOBLINS RE (translated/decrypted from 魔界RE) is a Nintendo Switch Timed Exclusive (RE probably stands for RE Engine) releasing on february 25th. It has promotional support from Nintendo and is exclusive for three months. I'tll release on June 1st on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Clearly this makes sense as an old school style release being put on the platform that will most appreciate the genre and is best seen as a modest, logical game for fans to enjoy, with no implications beyond that.

That being said, Arthur confirmed as Fighter 8.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also wow nobody mentioning Onimusha coming back at all despite this being proof that the remaster sold well enough to revive the IP outright
View attachment 292197
I mentioned it?
  • Power Stone remake
  • Final Fight remake
  • Captain Commando
  • Onimusha title
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Resident Evil: Hunk
Interesting. That Hunk one is going to get alot of people's attention, especially if the game actually turns out to be about Hunk and give us actual info about him.

SKX31

Smash Master
The fact both are even owned, I'm surprised they never had done a Vs. crossover between them as a game. Especially being to my knowledge they're the only fighting games owned by Capcom. If you also want to sell it more like hotcakes thrown Dante in there too as a guest, that'd definitely be bringing the money in.

The same with Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.
Obligatory:

Clearly this makes sense as an old school style release being put on the platform that will most appreciate the genre and is best seen as a modest, logical game for fans to enjoy, with no implications beyond that.

That being said, Arthur confirmed as Fighter 8.
Oh ****: the :ultsimon: vs. Arthur matchup online would be Projectile Spam: NES Edition.

Nah but seriously, he'd be a very interesting character. Although I do wonder if one should (and in that case, how to) implement the GnG armor mechanic into Ultimate.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Oh ****: the :ultsimon: vs. Arthur matchup online would be Projectile Spam: NES Edition.

Nah but seriously, he'd be a very interesting character. Although I do wonder if one should (and in that case, how to) implement the GnG armor mechanic into Ultimate.
Frightening.
Also, K. Rool has the belly armor, which breaks. Might as well have a version that's broken until Arthur gets KOed. After that, he's just a lightweight.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Seriously, imagine Frank West in Smash (I even did a full moveset for him). If we can't get a Resident Evil rep for whatever reason, I personally think Frank's the next best thing.
With the other protags as alts or just Frank? Either way, it'd be dope and I'd be happy to see him whack people with punger guns or whatever else they come up with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom