• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If we are doing Pass, I want to do something Interesting and make a Pass of Characters I'd Rather not see, and see people's other opinions

I Also tried to go with Realistic Options

78: Adol Christin
79. Tails, Axel, or Arle (whoever you Prefer)
80. Cinderace
81. Dante (but only his Sword and Guns, no Sub-Weapons)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If we are doing Pass, I want to do something Interesting and make a Pass of Characters I'd Rather not see, and see people's other opinions

80. Cinderace
78- I'd MUCH prefer Estelle
79- Sakura
80- I like Cinderace so i'd be okay with it
81- I'd also be okay with the Dante

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131

80. Cinderace/Tracer
I'd take Dante any day. Tails, Arle, and Cinderance seem cool too. No opinion on the other three though.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Rate this pass:

Your most wanted
Pepsiman
Dr. Goomba Stack
DmC Dan-tay
I need to ask why You love Pepsiman so much. Not that I'm Complaining

Anyway would be Salt at DMC Dan-tay. Would rather see The Main Dante (if he has a good amount of his Arsenal and not just his Sword). I'd get over it quickly. Dr.Goomba Stack would make me Salt and laugh at same time. Pepsiman would give me hope for Goku in the Sequel

7.1/10

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Try this pass on:

78: Octoling
79: Elma
80: LoL rep
81: Neku
Maybe this was just your fan wishlist and I missed the point but I straight up can't imagine them ever picking these characters over other characters:
78: If we're going Nintendo, Pokemon/Waluigi make more sense to me here.

79: If we're going Xenoblade, Rex and Pyra make more sense to me here.

80: If we're going big/weird/western developer then Crash/GTA/Red Dead/Bully/Half-Life/TF2/Portal/Fortnite/Doom/Overwatch/The Sims/WoW either make more or just as much sense to me here.

81: If we're going SE, Sora/Geno make more sense to me here.

I'm personally just excited to see new series join the fray so half of that makes me happy enough but I just don't see it ever materializing as the next 4 fighters.

Rate this pass:

Your most wanted
Pepsiman
Dr. Goomba Stack
DmC Dan-tay
So excited to see Lyndon B. Johnson coming to Smash!

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I'd honestly be shocked if this is what happens. Basically since Fighter Pass 1, Speculation has been a tumble of getting smacked in the face with notable characters that were not really speculated much for fighters until they got revealed, leaked or some data files made it feel more obvious.

Joker, Hero, Terry, Byleth, Min Min and even Steve to a smaller extent were either not feeling plausible or barely even whispered. Sure Hero's code name gave him away and brought him to the spotlight but even then we focused on Erdrick and the SNK copyright on the Smash website accidentally let us know about Terry coming but that was the extent.

I'm expecting at least one more fighter we really never talked about or someone I have little to to no familiarity with.
It’ll probably be a mix. But I doubt we’ll get anyone that’s been completely overlooked. Joker & Terry really blew the lid off of what’s considered possible for Smash now. Yeah, some characters keep getting brought up often but we still talk about smaller characters like Adol Christin & Crazy Dave too.

I think people actively expecting the next Joker/Terry will make the next one not as shocking too.

Nah, the Capcom Rep will be Phoenix Wright.
A91CDBC2-E478-4518-A600-207FB5BCA397.jpeg

Anyways, if a franchise as iconic and influential as Resident Evil gets shafted that hard, I have a very hard time believing Devil May Cry or Ace Attorney even has a chance to begin with.
I’m also really disappointed about Resident Evil getting the shaft. But Capcom stated last year that they’re actively trying to push the Devil May Cry brand after the success of DMCV, similarly to how they’re doing with the other members of the “Capcom Top 5” (RE, MonHun, :ultryu::ultmegaman:). * I think Smash would be very beneficial to that goal; Resident Evil doesn’t need the spotlight as much as DMC would.

On top of that, I’ve theorized that maybe RE got skipped over because Dante or Monster Hunter’s moveset potential were more appealing to Sakurai. Which sucks since I think a RE character could be really fun & unique, but what can you do? 🤷‍♂️

As for Ace Attorney, I don’t really think Phoenix Wright is likely. But if he were to get in I imagine it’d be because of the series’s loyalty to Nintendo as well as the decently strong support that he’s had from Smash fans for years.

*Do any of my Dante bros have the source on this? I remember reading about it last year but I just tried finding it & couldn’t find anything anymore. I imagine it was in one of their fiscal reports.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I’m being honest, Capcom characters.

None of them really appeal to me.
Spoken like a true Maverick.jpg

Joking aside, only really Bubsy would be outright trash to me.

Do you guys think Terry's list of 50 Songs will ever be topped by any of the Characters in FP2, or even come close?

On the other side, would there be any Character in FP2 that has Less than Steve's 7 Songs?
Probably not. Unless you had another character that represented an entire company again. And to be honest, I'm not sure who'd get that treatment next.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

80. Cinderace
Adol and Dante are great picks (not sure why no sub-weapons would be a big deal). Out of the three Sega guys I'd take any, though if given a choice I'd pick Tails.

Cinderace is trash.
Rate this pass:

Your most wanted
Pepsiman
Dr. Goomba Stack
DmC Dan-tay
My most wanted character is specifically "not Pepsiman, Dr. Goomba Stack and DmC Dante" so I guess Volume 2 is canceled people.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually I Got to ask

For your Predictions, why do you think you're Predictions are Likely?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Look, if this is gonna be a full-blown game, Imma use numbers because it's easier. Consider Min Min a 7/10 and Steve a 6/10 for me:

Thoughts on the following?

8. Phoenix Wright
9. Reimu
10. Kiryu
11. Crono
  • Phoenix is on my MW list. 10/10
  • Reimu is interesting on the sole prospect of being from a new genre. 8/10
  • Fine, but would prefer Arle for a Sega rep. 7/10
  • Look, I love CT to death, but as far as Smash goes, there's at least 3 other Square-related characters I'd rather see. 7/10
Overall... 7,5/10. Not a bad Pass overall.

Try this pass on:

• Among first parties, definitely a big want of mine. 8/10
  • Not too big on her, but Xenoblade definitely deserves more love. 7/10
  • Honestly, the only chance of this not being a 10/10 for me is if it's someone like Garen.
  • Same as Crono in the above Pass, plus I'm not that familiar with TWEWY. 5/10
7,1/10. Ironically enough, the difference is in the Square rep.

80. Cinderace
  • 6/10. Respect the choice, but would rather have Estelle.
  • 10/10 for Arle, one of my MW.
  • 4/10... well, I guess I don't dislike it as much as Byleth or PP, at least?
  • 7/10. Respect the choice, but would rather have Phoenix.
6,6/10. By far the worst of the three imo, which is funny considering each one has exactly one character I really like.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Rate the pass, who I think are the most likely:
Geno
Doomslayer
Ryu Hayabusa
Crash
All of them are great picks. But if Doomguy got in, I'd be really disappointed if they called him Slayer. Such a bad name.
Actually I Got to ask

For your Predictions, why do you think you're Predictions are Likely?
My predictions are likely because I don't have any so I won't ever be wrong.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Adol and Dante are great picks (not sure why no sub-weapons would be a big deal). Out of the three Sega guys I'd take any, though if given a choice I'd pick Tails.
Same thing for Why I don't want Shadow as an echo, despite Shadow being my Most wantd Character. I hate Wasted Potential and Dante has such Cool Sub-Weapons and uses them in UMVC3 and even in PSASBR (when he was his DMC Counterpart) it be lame if they just give him Sword and Guns and call it a day

Ivander

Smash Legend
Considering that Nintendo did shut down FE Heroes and Pocket Camp in Belgium when its government began instituting the loot box laws, the recent developments in Canada might cause Nintendo to blink:

I don't know how I'd feel from FEHeroes getting shut down over here with how much I worked on it. And I don't want to imagine how my sister would feel if it ever happened to Pocket Camp.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I feel like if we do get a Capcom rep there will be some upsets no matter who it is. There is a ton of support for RE, Dante, MH, Phoenix, and Ammy among others. I'm biased towards Phoenix but they all honestly seem like a possibility for one reason or another. I honestly wish we could get more than one, Capcom just has so many great characters imo.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Thoughts on the following?

8. Phoenix Wright
9. Reimu
10. Kiryu
11. Crono
  • Phoenix is one of my most wanted, so he'd easily be the highlight of the pass for me.
  • I'd be excited for Reimu -- I've played a bit of Touhou, and the music would be sick.
  • I've just started Yakuza 0, so I'm getting a taste of Kiryu's weird antics now lol. It would be kind of weird having two dudes in suits in the same pass, but I could definitely see their fighting styles being distinct enough.
  • I don't know much about Chrono Trigger aside from it being a classic. I played a bit of Chrono Cross though -- Time's Scar is one of my favorite pieces of video game music ever, so if we got that as a track in Smash I would be down for Crono.
Try this pass on:

• I'm eh about Octoling personally, not having played much Splatoon, but I think they could do some interesting stuff with whatever other weapon types there are (just please no Splat Roller).
  • In terms of the character, I'd prefer Rex since I finished XC2 but never got that far in XCX. I will admit that Elma's fighting style would be sick though.
  • I know next to nothing about LoL characters, or League in general, but I wouldn't be opposed to a LoL rep. It could be a good opportunity for me to learn more about the franchise.
  • YES GIVE ME NEKU

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Same thing for Why I don't want Shadow as an echo, despite Shadow being my Most wantd Character. I hate Wasted Potential and Dante has such Cool Sub-Weapons and uses them in UMVC3 and even in PSASBR (when he was his DMC Counterpart) it be lame if they just give him Sword and Guns and call it a day
I don't think you understood my post, I wouldn't mind Dante just having Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory for his moveset.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I posted this in a thread that was a little less appropriate but I want to repost it here because I hope I can shine a little light on why many people consider Ryu Hayabusa as iconic as they do.

in response to a post saying that NG wasn’t necessarily iconic or as iconic as something like Castlevania or Mega Man

You know I don’t necessarily disagree with you because I think he’s a very special case. Honestly, I think Hayabusa is more iconic than the games themselves considering he’s a main character in Dead or Alive, made 5 or 6 appearances in the Warriors games, made an appearance (technically) in both Nioh games so far, and even made a name drop and reference in ****ing Halo 3.

the timeline goes:
Ninja Gaiden Arcade - 1988(NA)/1989(JP)
Ninja Gaiden NES - 1988(JP)/1989(NA)
Ninja Gaiden II - 1990
Ninja Gaiden Shadow - 1991
Ninja Gaiden III - 1991
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy SNES - 1995
Dead or Alive - 1996
Dead or Alive 2 - 1999
Dead or Alive 3 - 2001
Ninja Gaiden Reboot - 2004
Ninja Gaiden Black- 2005
Dead or Alive 4 - 2005
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 2007
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (which people often overlook but it’s super good) - 2008
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 2008
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 2009
Dead or Alive: Dimensions - 2011
Warriors Orochi 3 - 2011
Ninja Gaiden 3 (the bad one) - 2012
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Wii U) - 2012
Dead or Alive 5 - 2012
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (the other bad one) - 2014
Warriors All-Stars - 2017
Nioh - 2017
Dead or Alive 6 - 2019
Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate - 2019
Nioh 2 - 2020

I actually eliminated a few rereleases like DoA5: Ultimate/Last Round, Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, and a few other rereleases.

My point of all this is that I think this is why Hayabusa has remained a steady icon for as long as he has and why he still is. He’s just so well known because of so many things. Some people are like oh I used to play his games on NES, or I used to play those games on Xbox, or oh that guy from Dead or Alive, or oh that guy from Warriors Orochi, or even oh that guy was a secret super boss in Nioh. And I think that’s why he’s so well know and so iconic. Hayabusa has just been around consistently since his first ever appearance and it’s just kind of crazy to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom