• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That wasn't El Grande Padre di Jenos, that was Shokio, they don't even have the same skin colour so I'm wondering how you mixed that up.
Gwen, I never said it was him, what are you on about.

that was like the dude who was seething over Steve
If I was gonna say this was the papa, I would've just said it was him. :191: How did you mix that up?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
NGL, even with that meter that still sounds broken, especially if you can regain stocks. I'd rather have Tracer be playable without that ability.
you could make it have Start up and such, or even some endlag. Perhaps also even if you interrupted, you lose all the Meter anyway, so you got to time

Another of his taunts will summon Dante, who will just appear to call Nero "deadweight".
Next thing you Tell me His Last taunt is Getting his Arm Ripped by a Mysterious Cloaked Figure that we Obviously don't know who it is, and he gets to use his Devil Breakers until he Gets his Arm back by Devil Triggering

SKX31

Smash Master
1. I think they Could Make Rewind work, but they would have to put like a Meter on it or something so people don't spam it. Rewind would probably Have you refresh at the Postion you were second ago, Revert the Damage done to you, and perhaps if you lost a stock you can even Regain it.

2. Steve was Actually kinda Expected from the Early days of FP1 Speculation. Once Banjo got in he kinda fell off, until well, he actually got in. It's the same Deal with Byleth where Byleth was expected as DLC until it seemed FP1 was 3rd party Only, but then Byleth got in anyway

Honestly, I think the only character kinda guessed at for DLC without leaks was Banjo, and Only some were predicting that. Between the War between Banjo and Steve and people thinking Banjo was Impossible, it wasn't widespread

Every other chaacter predicted either had Leaks like with Hero and Terry, Got in when they were not in Speculation Like Byleth, ARMS, and Steve, or were just not Predicted at all like Joker
That's the thing though - whenever Rewind's a thing in a game, there is a (or a couple) limit(s) to it.

In Overwatch, Tracer's Recall has a 12 sec cooldown (I've mentioned Dota 2's Weaver in the past - his Time Lapse works in a similar fashion and has a mana cost early game.). Likewise, Tracer's Blink has 3 seconds CD per charge, and she has 3 charges in Overwatch.

It's different from Sands of Times' Prince of Persia, who has limited uses of the Rewind and can only refill it by killing enemies and taking their Sand. Any way, there is a lot of constraints on Rewinds, and those limitations would translate to Smash in some form by neccesity.

NGL, even with that meter that still sounds broken, especially if you can regain stocks. I'd rather have Tracer be playable without that ability.
None of these allow stocks to come back - deaths are not erased by Recall, death timers scale with levels in Dota 2 (unless one uses the very risky buy-back, which itself has a long cooldown and generally high cost when used; and the next death after buyback increases the death timer even further, to hideous levels late game) and Sands of Time punishes deaths by sending the Prince back to the last checkpoint. Again. no deaths are erased by rewinding in any of these games - and that would likely translate to Smash.

IIRC Tracer's Recall doesn't go back to a position before death. Recall has the potential to restore health, but up to where it was 3 secs prior. The 12 secs CD is a lot of time in Smash too - in that time she can wind up taking lots of damage or even be KOed, even without the threat of headshots oneshotting her.

Tinkering with the limitations and adjusting them for Smash might be a way to go. Extending the CD a bit for example, although Tracer's characterized as a lightweight (she'd be lighter than ZSS perhaps) so she could be balanced that way too.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I revised Source Gaming Mega Poll for what characters smashers want for Fighter Pass 2 and noticed that Steve/Alex got the 7th place, so I think that he/she can be considered a fan favorite character. He/She clearly had some fan demand, otherwise, he/she wouldn’t get to the top 10 (Master Chief got the 8th place, so it was the most wanted Microsoft rep).

And if we revised the poll made for the first fighter pass (before Banjo got announced), Steve/Alex got the 6th place. Its clearly that there was always demand for them. Its good that Nintendo has heard us haha. Hope they continue with this streak and get more fan favorite characters

7NATOR

Smash Master
That's the thing though - whenever Rewind's a thing in a game, there is a (or a couple) limit(s) to it.

In Overwatch, Tracer's Recall has a 12 sec cooldown (I've mentioned Dota 2's Weaver in the past - his Time Lapse works in a similar fashion and has a mana cost early game.). Likewise, Tracer's Blink has 3 seconds CD per charge, and she has 3 charges in Overwatch.

It's different from Sands of Times' Prince of Persia, who has limited uses of the Rewind and can only refill it by killing enemies and taking their Sand. Any way, there is a lot of constraints on Rewinds, and those limitations would translate to Smash in some form by neccesity.

None of these allow stocks to come back - deaths are not erased by Recall, death timers scale with levels in Dota 2 (unless one uses the very risky buy-back, which itself has a long cooldown and generally high cost when used; and the next death after buyback increases the death timer even further, to hideous levels late game) and Sands of Time punishes deaths by sending the Prince back to the last checkpoint. Again. no deaths are erased by rewinding in any of these games - and that would likely translate to Smash.

IIRC Tracer's Recall doesn't go back to a position before death. Recall has the potential to restore health, but up to where it was 3 secs prior. The 12 secs CD is a lot of time in Smash too - in that time she can wind up taking lots of damage or even be KOed, even without the threat of headshots oneshotting her.

Tinkering with the limitations and adjusting them for Smash might be a way to go. Extending the CD a bit for example, although Tracer's characterized as a lightweight (she'd be lighter than ZSS perhaps) so she could be balanced that way too.
Ahh so Death doesn't rewind back when Tracer performs reqind, but does she still have the Same damage, or does she get Health back when She rewinds

Also Yeah she would definitly need to be Light as all heck. Between Zoning and Time Abilities, that would be busted if she was Middle-Weight or something

I revised Source Gaming Mega Poll for what characters smashers want for Fighter Pass 2 and noticed that Steve/Alex got the 7th place, so I think that he/she can be considered a fan favorite character. He/She clearly had some fan demand, otherwise, he/she wouldn’t get to the top 10 (Master Chief got the 8th place, so it was the most wanted Microsoft rep).

And if we revised the poll made for the first fighter pass (before Banjo got announced), Steve/Alex got the 6th place. Its clearly that there was always demand for them. Its good that Nintendo has heard us haha. Hope they continue with this streak and get more fan favorite characters

Steve is actually the most requested DLC Character for Smash since Banjo. Steve has had Fans on Miiverse and Youtube, he's popular with the Casual Smash fans since Smash 4. It's really with Ultimate where I saw that he was starting to get Requested by More Hardcore crowd.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Dont switch the narrative now. steve was not expected by most to get in. the only character people were certain of would begrudgingly get in was byleth or another FE character.
League of legends has wild rift coming out which has not deconfirmed switch yet. game was announced a year ago but likely it wont be on switch until 2021.it has only been confirmed for "consoles" very strong rumors say it is coming to switch.
I mean, I personally always considered Steve a possibility at the back of my head once Banjo got in and they announced more DLC beyond the first FP. Or at least some kind of Minecraft content, like a costume or spirit event. It was just too big to ignore, especially with Microsoft already having their foot in the door with Banjo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

1602100669256.png

Hmm yes, let us hope so.

Unfortunately for my other most wanted...
1602100706717.png

He is not so lucky.

SKX31

Smash Master
Unfortunately for my other most wanted...
View attachment 288677
He is not so lucky.
Welcome to the club, I'm the head!

NAAAAUT.png

1 vote, tied with a bunch of Kongs, Doshin the Giant and Android 21. And yes, the only Dota (2) vote. Additionally, I didn't know about the poll until the results were published.

Why is it that the only cool depictions of Impa are in spinoff material...
I'm so ready to blame Miyamoto's / Nintendo's own "1 character, 1 role, that's it" mentality regarding that.

Especially since it results in a lot of wasted potential.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
When most people say, "Yeah, I always knew Steve was one of the most likely characters," what they really mean is, "Yeah, I knew Minecraft was popular and that Steve could theoretically work in Smash, but there were thirty other third-parties who I thought were more likely than Steve, give or take a few."

Steve is one of those "after the fact" super obvious characters. Most people didn't take Steve very seriously, and even in the context of potential Microsoft reps, Steve didn't get as much talk as others. There was always a lot of discussions about how it'd look too weird and how a stage with no character would be a better way to rep Minecraft.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gwen, I never said it was him, what are you on about.

If I was gonna say this was the papa, I would've just said it was him. :191: How did you mix that up?
Because I've seen too many valley girls in crappy shows with my sister to the point I blocked out the word 'like' lmao
Welcome to the club, I'm the head!

View attachment 288680

1 vote, tied with a bunch of Kongs, Doshin the Giant and Android 21. And yes, the only Dota (2) vote. Additionally, I didn't know about the poll until the results were published.

I'm so ready to blame Miyamoto's / Nintendo's own "1 character, 1 role, that's it" mentality regarding that.

Especially since it results in a lot of wasted potential.
Ayyyyyy that's the same amount of votes characters from the best visual novel series got, am I part of the club too now?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Oh yeah, I remember that.
Screenshot 2020-10-07 133115.jpg
Screenshot 2020-10-07 133127.jpg

Feelsgoodman.png

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131

I don't like this poll.
McQuease.png

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I don't think Zelda is repped badly overall, just on the roster.

It's really confusing when you have plenty of popular options to choose from, yet we still haven't gotten a unique Zelda newcomer since Melee. Heck, the newest Zelda character (a third Link) is from Wind Waker, and that was released more than fifteen years ago. There's a bounty of great choices between now and then. Considering how popular the franchise is, it just feels weird that we're still waiting.
Zelda has a whole has argubly great reprsentation in Smash. Hell every mainline 3D Zelda has a stage in Smash. Its lack of characters compare to say Mario is due to the lack of reoccurring characters. Most Zelda games will always focus on Link, Zelda, and Ganon. The series doesn't have many recurring characters in fact a lot of its supporting characters and secondary villains are one offs.

SKX31

Smash Master
View attachment 288692
I have no idea who voted for Lightning ****ing McQueen but I have so much respect for them right now.
This beauty of a merchandising marvel:

Because it's kind of a marvel that out of Pixar's franchises, it's Cars that got merch'd to hell and back.

(Yeah, I shouldn't be surprised, but still.)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Ninja Gaiden is M-rated so it would be extremely difficult to promote him in North America.
That won't work unless Hayabusa exclusively takes after the NES games and there is absolutely no representation of the modern games whatsoever.
It would get less people excited and put all the focus on Ryu himself instead of his franchise. I'm predicting that there will be no M-rated characters in FP2 whatsoever.
It’s Gonna be real funny when ryu hayabusa gets in soon.

And besides, I think that Sakurai might have had enough of complex fighters after Steve.
Oh yeah & Rex too(hopefully:ohwell:)

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yeah, it does sound pretty stupid, but you also have to admit that it doesn't sound incredibly difficult to go four more characters without getting one from an M-rated franchise.
Funny how we actually haven't had an M-rated character since Joker, which makes it six characters in a row at this point. And there's still only 3 characters out of 80+ when it comes to it.

Of course, my investment in this got hampered when my most wanted M-rated series got deconfirmed a while ago.

Paroxyism (Leon Kennedy X Reader) - SilentWhispOfHope - Wattpad

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Imagine being a first party who didn't crack the top 10 most wanted.
View attachment 288705
This post was made by the Helmet Bokoblin gang.
Bandana Dee and Reimu's placements were pleasant surprises, being the highest-rated first party and indie character, respectively (Not counting Steve, who's in anyways). Especially impressive when you consider their competition, like Isaac, Waluigi, Shantae, and Shovel Knight.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Where's the link to these results of Mega Source Gaming?

Bandana Dee and Reimu's placements were pleasant surprises, being the highest-rated first party and indie character, respectively (Not counting Steve, who's in anyways). Especially impressive when you consider their competition, like Isaac, Waluigi, Shantae, and Shovel Knight.
Bandana I'm not that Suprised by. Isaac and Waluigi are Still assists, and there still people that believe Assist can never be Promoted in Same game and such

Reimu Surprises me though not gonna lie. She really has come up on Speculation.

Speaking of her, I think there's a likely chance she could be the Next Character...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom