• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For a total of 100, counting the echoes, starting at 85 since Steve brings the count up to 84 including Echoes. Speaking of, nobody in this list is an Echo.

85. Ahri
86. Elma
87. Octoling
88. Neku
89. Crash
90. KOS-MOS
91. Arle
92. Black Shadow
93. Mecha-Fiora
94. Shantae
95. Bandana Dee
96. Dixie
97. Master Chief
98. Gunvolt
99. Phoenix
100. Rean (Adol who? Estelle who? #resistthestatusquo) OR Reimu

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh yeah! I forgot about that.

If that’s the case I could see; for the remainder of FP2:

Ryu Hayabusa
Gen. VIII Pokémon
Rex & Pyra
Geno or Sora

For the pure speculation of FP3:

Impa (Young Impa; I want it so bad.)
Euden
Monster Hunter
Geno or Sora (Whichever didn’t make it in FP2.)

I want to pose the question: If making the Smash Roster an even 100, your “perfect” roster, who would need to be there?
As it stands, counting Echoes as separate, Steve, and FPs 8, 9, 10, and 11, we'd have 86 characters.

So 14 characters then:
1. Estelle Bright
2. Jude Mathis/Ludger Will Kresnik
3. Neku Sakuraba
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Reimu Hakurei
6. Nino & Jaffar
7. Qbby
8. Captain Viridian
9. Lloyd Bannings
10. Komeiji Koishi
11. Chandelure
12. Quote
13. Kou Tokisaka
14. Rean Schwarzer

None of this will ever happen, but this is what would make me happy.

Edit: Miscounted, Decided to remove Yu from the list.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
For a total of 100, counting the echoes, starting at 85 since Steve brings the count up to 84 including Echoes. Speaking of, nobody in this list is an Echo.

85. Ahri
86. Elma
87. Octoling
88. Neku
89. Crash
90. KOS-MOS
91. Arle
92. Black Shadow
93. Mecha-Fiora
94. Shantae
95. Bandana Dee
96. Dixie
97. Master Chief
98. Gunvolt
99. Phoenix
100. Rean (Adol who? Estelle who? #resistthestatusquo) OR Reimu
I see Gunvolt, I like.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Like, why show Sakurai holding the amiibo and product images when they aren't going to be out for another year.
Kinda mad not gonna lie. I know the Banjo amiibo will sell out quick, so I just want to preorder the thing before I forget.
I was there on the fateful day when Smash 4s Wave 4 amiibos were releasing. I was at GameStop because, unfortunately, the Ness amiibo was exclusive to tha store. I managed to pre-order one and as I was walking out, that's when I heard people in the store complaining that GameStop's servers went down across the country because of the high demand of pre-orders. That's also why I stopped collecting amiibo. For the first year or so of an amiibo's release, they will likely be sold out and found online for unreasonable prices, and then Nintendo will decide to restock it later on.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So let’s say, hypothetically, there WAS a TGA reveal this year (assuming Byleth was also originally intended to be shown there but a wrench was thrown in their plans)

who would be the best candidate? Hayabusa? Crash? LoL? A Xenoblade character? Anyone else?
Only character we've gotten in TGA was from a game that was heavily nominated before. Since this year's likely GOTY nominees are all unlikely for one reason or another (Cloud's already in, New Horizons got Spirits already, Cyberpunk is a licensed game, Sony), I looked into past ceremonies for this.

Of the commonly speculated, Monster Hunter, Dante, Sora, 2B, and Lara Croft are all from games that were heavily nominated. While not as heavily speculated for obvious reasons, Geralt and a Sony character (like Kratos and Nathan Drake) would be a great fit for TGA given those games' acclaim - aside from the sheer holy **** factor. Breath of the Wild stole the show in its year so a character from the sequel could be revealed there as well. Splatoon did pretty well too but I don't know if someone like Octoling is TGA material as much as I'd love it. Assassin's Creed and Bravely Default had games with big presence, though the likely rep for AC long predates the awards - Bravely Default though, keep an eye on it, as the sequel was unveiled there as well. And I remember Crash Team Racing being announced there, so maybe Crash fits too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The amiibo theory relies on the next character coming alongside/close to the next amiibo wave. These amiibo are coming Fall 2021 and I doubt we'll wait as long for the next character.
Fall??????????

I must need reading glasses cause I sure didnt see the word Fall anywhere

SKX31

Smash Master
Seems like the Amiibo Twitter post has been deleted. Maybe they made a mistake?
So it seems.
Maybe it's not Fall 2021 after all.
amiibo theory still lives?

Seems like it. Announcing Amiibos for Fall 2021 (it would make at least some sense because the Amiibo batches are catching up to the DLC fast) seem a little strange, especially since it's a 11+ months from now.

I don't doubt that they'll slow down the Amiibos' releases, though, so the initial reaction that the theory is dead might not be off the mark.

(I'll admit that I may have jumped the gun alongside the rest, that said.)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean even if Fall wasn’t the end goal, if we did stick by amiibo theory we’d only tie down 3 characters to those amiibo, unless there’s one double reveal close to one of the amiibo which I doubt

I can’t count today rip

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Nintendo: "Oh did we say Fall 2021, we meant Winter 2021."
View attachment 288482
tweet gets deleted again
"Sorry, we mean Fall 2022"
Fall 2022?
Nintendo will pull a Phineas and Ferb and release the amiibo for one day in the summer only for them to vanish completely after that one day!
Can't wait for the amiibo to release by time Fry gets unfrozen lol.
SharkLord and the Banjo-Kazooie fandom in Shambles.

His old profile pic:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Full 100 idea?

Miriam
Shanoa
Dante
Sol Badguy
Estelle Bright
Master Chief
Adol Christin
Shovel Knight
Kat
2B
Demifiend
Morrigan Aensland
Velvet Crowe
Soma Cruz
Terra Branford
Elma
Arle
Lara Croft
Kiryu
Pheonix Wright
Doom Slayer
Crash
Neku

Honestly after 7 characters it started taking me a while to think of who I'd want

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Only character we've gotten in TGA was from a game that was heavily nominated before. Since this year's likely GOTY nominees are all unlikely for one reason or another (Cloud's already in, New Horizons got Spirits already, Cyberpunk is a licensed game, Sony), I looked into past ceremonies for this.

Of the commonly speculated, Monster Hunter, Dante, Sora, 2B, and Lara Croft are all from games that were heavily nominated. While not as heavily speculated for obvious reasons, Geralt and a Sony character (like Kratos and Nathan Drake) would be a great fit for TGA given those games' acclaim - aside from the sheer holy **** factor. Breath of the Wild stole the show in its year so a character from the sequel could be revealed there as well. Splatoon did pretty well too but I don't know if someone like Octoling is TGA material as much as I'd love it. Assassin's Creed and Bravely Default had games with big presence, though the likely rep for AC long predates the awards - Bravely Default though, keep an eye on it, as the sequel was unveiled there as well. And I remember Crash Team Racing being announced there, so maybe Crash fits too.
can't believe you forgot vin diesel from the fast and the furious smh my head

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The fact Byleth was gonna be allegedly announced at 2019's VGA shows the character doesn't have to be a surprise or anyone big.

Which is where Ryu Hayabusa could still be put in place if he's the next character.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
The fact Byleth was gonna be allegedly announced at 2019's VGA shows the character doesn't have to be a surprise or anyone big.

Which is where Ryu Hayabusa could still be put in place if he's the next character.
Did we ever find out why Byleth wasn't announced there? because one of the reason why Byleth might not have been announced there because it might not have went over well. I mean, I don't think Nintendo knew that FE3H would win the People's Choice awards. even then, there still be alot of salt

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Did we ever find out why Byleth wasn't announced there? because one of the reason why Byleth might not have been announced there because it might not have went over well. I mean, I don't think Nintendo knew that FE3H would win the People's Choice awards. even then, there still be alot of salt
Yeah, because that’s how you make a bad TGA even worse; announce a character that already wouldn’t go over well with the Smash fanbase,

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I want to pose the question: If making the Smash Roster an even 100, your “perfect” roster, who would need to be there?
Dante
Master Chief
Kratos
Sephiroth
Sora
Crash
Doom Guy
Sol Badguy
Shadow
Scorpion
Hayabusa
Bomberman
Phoenix Wright
Raiden
Alucard
Ghirahim

Honorable Mentions: Akira Howard, Travis Touchdown, Lara Croft, Crono, NiGHTS, Shovel Knight, 2B, Waluigi, Jill Valentine, Isaac, Rayman, Spyro

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is an answer you'd have to ask Opossum Opossum

toonito

Smash Ace
Ezio Auditore
Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy
Lara Croft
Master Chief
Doom Slayer
Monster Hunter
Scorpion
Crash Bandicoot
Heihachi
Sora
Dante
Kratos
Sol Badguy
Chun-Li
Ryu Hayabusa
Phoenix Wright
Axel Stone
Zero
Toad
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Bandana Waddle Dee
Impa

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Welp, we're waiting till next year for these 3.
amiibo theory dead oof

7-11 ad seems to correlate more with reveals. how i've been interpreting them is that at least the character is to be revealed, not necessarily released, before the ad expires. After that we can gauge the character's release from there. I haven't been following those ads as closely. If someone can gather past ads then we may be able to determine reveal AND release times for the remaining characters.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:? tweet was deleted

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
78. Amaterasu
79. Shantae
80. Sora
81. Elma
82. Impa
83. Lyn
84. Krystal
84. Sakura
85. 2B
86. Saber
87. Kat (Gravity Rush)
88. Narmaya (Grandblue)
89. Reimu Hakurei
90. Jubei (Blazblue)
91. Velvet Crowe
92. Talim
93. KOS-MOS
94. Yuzuriha (Under Night In-Birth)
95. Yuri Lowell
96. Tifa Lockhart
97. Blaze the Cat,
98. Kilik
99. Rayman
100. Ryu Hayabusa

SNEKeater

Smash Master
So let’s say, hypothetically, there WAS a TGA reveal this year (assuming Byleth was also originally intended to be shown there but a wrench was thrown in their plans)

who would be the best candidate? Hayabusa? Crash? LoL? A Xenoblade character? Anyone else?
To me, a Game Awards character reveal screams either a popular third party or at least, a third party that has appeared in the Awards in previous years, or basically Waluigi when it comes to first parties.

Now, I'll casually post this video... :smirk:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Would have made TGA better for me. I spent 3 hours hoping for Nintendo news, only to get like three third party things and nothing first party 🥴
Agreed. At least it would have been also a Smash reveal.

Then again, besides the March announcement, we would have been waiting half a year for the next fighter (Min Min). Perhaps that was for the better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom