• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Welp, we're waiting till next year for these 3.
"Be the teacher's pet"

Uhhhm... I have two thoughts with that wording:

A) The Byleth amiibo's about to serve massive beatdowns. Can't wait for the inevitable Alpharad video.
B) "Good boys and girls" huh?

Staarih

Smash Master
Broken how? We're getting a fighter in 2021. We're probably gonna get the Min Min amiibo next year as well.
The amiibo theory relies on the next character coming alongside/close to the next amiibo wave. These amiibo are coming Fall 2021 and I doubt we'll wait as long for the next character.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Welp, we're waiting till next year for these 3.
Tom.jpg

yeezus

Unless COVID has fricked us far beyond what we thought, I can't see Nintendo waiting an entire year to drop another fighter. Even with the massive moneymaker that is Minecraft, Nintendo already got the ball rolling and I can't see them putting it on hold now.

I think the amiibo are taking so long to release because Nintendo's worried about spoiling the next fighters, or potentially running out before they finish the pass. If we continue the pattern of 2-3 amiibo for every fighter, the last couple packs will be released without an amiibo, not to mention some amiibos will be released before the character is even edded to the game. I'd imagine the FP2 amiibo will just be dropped all at once. Unfortunately, this robs us of the timeframes given by the amiibo dates.

Rest In Peace, Amiibo Theory. You served us well, and we didn't fully realize it until just before you ended. Your efforts will be remembered fondly.

SKX31

Smash Master
View attachment 288472
yeezus

Unless COVID has fricked us far beyond what we thought, I can't see Nintendo waiting an entire year to drop another fighter. Even with the massive moneymaker that is Minecraft, Nintendo already got the ball rolling and I can't see them putting it on hold now.

I think the amiibo are taking so long to release because Nintendo's worried about spoiling the next fighters, or potentially running out before they finish the pass. If we continue the pattern of 2-3 amiibo for every fighter, the last couple packs will be released without an amiibo, not to mention some amiibos will be released before the character is even edded to the game. I'd imagine the FP2 amiibo will just be dropped all at once. Unfortunately, this robs us of the timeframes given by the amiibo dates.

Rest In Peace, Amiibo Theory. You served us well, and we didn't fully realize it until just before you ended. Your efforts will be remembered fondly.
epicmartin7, I'm disheartened to say this, but Nintendo cold-heratedly murdered the theory in nighttime.

No more #Math.

No more #Graphs.

No more #Reliability (via this theory anyway, now we'll have to rely on 7-11).

I believe it's time we encase the now-dead Amiibo Theory and put it in a museum. For posterity's and nostalgia's sake, I say!

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
The rest of the FP1 characters' amiibo being released a year from now screams "COVID induced delay" to me.

I suppose it's still possible that they will come out next to a DLC character (either CP10 or CP11), but I guess we can't rely on amiibo theory to guess the next characters' release for the first 3/4 of 2021.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I want to pose the question: If making the Smash Roster an even 100, your “perfect” roster, who would need to be there?
78: Crash Bandicoot
79: Sora
80: Doom Guy
81: Geno
82: Sol Badguy
83: Axel Stone
84: Klonoa
85: Decidueye
86: Ocarina of Time Adult Link
87: Crono
88: Jin Kazama
89: Dante
90: Ryu Hayabusa
91: James Sunderland
92: Cormano (Sunset Riders)
93: Phoenix Wright
94: Master Chief
95: Ark (Terranigma)
96: Bandana Dee
97: Nightmare/Siegfried
98: Simea (Crystalis)
99: Salamence
100: Sgt. Cortez

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I want to pose the question: If making the Smash Roster an even 100, your “perfect” roster, who would need to be there?
78. Darkrai (Pokemon)
79. Thief (MapleStory)
80.Waluigi (Mario)
81. Londrekia (Under Night)
82. Male Slayer (Dungeon Fighter Online)
83. Shinguji Korekiyo (Danganronpa)
84.Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy XIV)
85. Flandre Scarlet (Touhou)
86. Susanoo (Blazblue)
87. Blitztank (Akatsuki Blitzkampf)
88. Aino Heart (Arcana Heart)
89. Ninomiya Asuka (Idolmaster)
90. Caligostro (Granblue)
91. Hilda (Fire Emblem)
92. Derek Stiles (Trauma Center)
93. Marshal (Animal Crossing)
94. Lucid (MapleStory)
95. Kartana (Pokemon)
96. El Fuerte (Street Fighter)
97. Female Mage (Dungeon Fighter)
98. Reimu (Touhou)
99. Afro (Dance Dance Revolution)
100. Arceus (Pokemon)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
how much do I have to pay KT to make a FE Warriors 2?
'bout $3.50
The amiibo theory relies on the next character coming alongside/close to the next amiibo wave. These amiibo are coming Fall 2021 and I doubt we'll wait as long for the next character.
My question about amiibo theory though, is will there even be any more amiibo to match up the release date with?

It took a whole year for Joker and Hero to even have their amiibo announced, let alone released. By the time the Terry, Byleth, and Banjo amiibos release, will there even be an announcement for Min-Min/Steve amiibo to speculate on for FP 9, 10, and 11?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Be the teacher's pet"

A) The Byleth amiibo's about to serve massive beatdowns. Can't wait for the inevitable Alpharad video.
Teacher's Pet isn't a lewd term, it just means this
1601918829612.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
#78: Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
#79: Dante (Devil May Cry)
#80: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
#81: Rayman (Rayman)
#82: Bill Rizer (Contra)
#83/#84: Agumon w/ WarGreymon transformation (Digimon)
#85: Sylux (Metroid)
#86: Adeleine & Ribbon (Kirby)
#87: Crash (Crash)
#88: Neku (The World Ends With You)
#89: The Prince (Prince of Persia)
#90: Phoenix Wright w/ Apollo Justice alt (Ace Attorney)
#91: Soldier (Team Fortress 2)
#92: Jason Frudnick (Blaster Master)
#93: Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
#94: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
#95: Chosen Undead w/ Solaire of Astora alt (Dark Souls)
#96: Black Shadow but Nintendo announces a guessing game announced three months prior to official reveal (F-Zero)
#97: Arthas with Paladin alt (Warcraft)
#98: Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
#99: Rytlock Brimstone or The Commander (Guild Wars 2)
#100: Juggernaut or Anti-Mage with Wei alt (Dota 2)

I'd give a lot to live in this timeline, ngl.
For the Black Shadow thing: YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN.

I love it.
78. Darkrai (Pokemon)
79. Thief (MapleStory)
80.Waluigi (Mario)
81. Londrekia (Under Night)
82. Male Slayer (Dungeon Fighter Online)
83. Shinguji Korekiyo (Danganronpa)
84.Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy XIV)
85. Flandre Scarlet (Touhou)
86. Susanoo (Blazblue)
87. Blitztank (Akatsuki Blitzkampf)
88. Aino Heart (Arcana Heart)
89. Ninomiya Asuka (Idolmaster)
90. Caligostro (Granblue)
91. Hilda (Fire Emblem)
92. Derek Stiles (Trauma Center)
93. Marshal (Animal Crossing)
94. Lucid (MapleStory)
95. Kartana (Pokemon)
96. El Fuerte (Street Fighter)
97. Female Mage (Dungeon Fighter)
98. Reimu (Touhou)
99. Afro (Dance Dance Revolution)
100. Arceus (Pokemon)
Trauma Center
Arcana Heart
Dance Dance Revolution
CULTURE

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Damn it, amiibo theory was the closest thing we had to a roadmap for DLC and now it's been taken away from us. 😔

It may not help us predict when FP8/9 will arrive but hopefully these new amiibos may help us with predicting FP10/11 since I assume the last two characters will release around the end of 2021 which is the same time as the new amiibos.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Be the teacher's pet"

Ill be male byleths teachers pet if you donty wanna

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Damn it, amiibo theory was the closest thing we had to a roadmap for DLC and now it's been taken away from us. 😔

It may not help us predict when FP8/9 will arrive but hopefully these new amiibos may help us with predicting FP10/11 since I assume the last two characters will release around the end of 2021 which is the same time as the new amiibos.
We still have 7/11 theory tho. Guess we're gonna have to rely on that now.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So let’s say, hypothetically, there WAS a TGA reveal this year (assuming Byleth was also originally intended to be shown there but a wrench was thrown in their plans)

who would be the best candidate? Hayabusa? Crash? LoL? A Xenoblade character? Anyone else?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So let’s say, hypothetically, there WAS a TGA reveal this year (assuming Byleth was also originally intended to be shown there but a wrench was thrown in their plans)

who would be the best candidate? Hayabusa? Crash? LoL? A Xenoblade character? Anyone else?
Since Ryu Hayabusa is my guess for the next fighter it'd be him. Though I could see it being Crash and then Hayabusa coming after him afterwards.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There was no way amiibo theory could've continued working anyway. Part of the reason why it had been working so well is because we had a lot of characters from the base roster that needed amiibo.

Unless Nintendo released amiibo in waves of one, which almost never happens, we would eventually catch up to the DLC. Could anyone see us getting F10's amiibo with F11?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

Have to go with Crash. Not only is there precedent for the franchise doing announcements at the Game Awards, but he's a fairly universally recognized figure among hardcore and casual gamers. Moreover, people reacting to him feels it would get far more viral than anything outside a Sora, Kratos, or Master Chief level character.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Teacher's Pet isn't a lewd term, it just means this
View attachment 288476
Ah, gotcha. Forgot that it was a normal idiom.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see what the FP2 amiibos will entail. While Nintendo's always been about new toys (and not really caring about old ones because "they already exist!" mentality) I do imagine that the amiibos are going to have some utility beyond Ultimate just because Nintendo will want to be sure that they're sold.

Then again, there are already a few amiibos that only work with Smash, so that's not an iron clad thought either.

I'm not sure there really. Hayabusa, LoL and possibly Xenoblade might share the problem of not having acclaimed new releases there (assuming that was the same for P5 and 3H).

One possibility could be something like Cyberpunk... althought that's not getting into Smash anytime soon.

In the end, going with Crash or Dante.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  1. Rex & Pyra
  2. Elma
  3. Waluigi
  4. Geno
  5. Dante
  6. Monster Hunter
  7. Rhythm Heaven
  8. Shantae
  9. 2B
  10. Bravely Default
  11. Impa
  12. Dixie Kong
  13. Tails
  14. Doom Slayer
  15. Ryu Hayabusa
  16. Quote & Curly
Just to be clear we start from FP8 for this right? We’re counting the echoes, three PT Pokémon and miis as their own fighters?

7NATOR

Smash Master

Beyond Crash, I think Dante and Monster Hunter Fit since they did get awards at the Game awards. that's also why Nintendo wanted Joker revealed at TGA since he already had a Presence there

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
This looks fun. Let's use ideals but keep within the realm of possibility. I'm gonna break the rules a bit and exclude echoes as character slots towards 100 to make it more interesting. (Definitely not because I misread and am too lazy to change it)

78. Arle (Puyo Puyo)
79. Dante (Devil May Cry)
80. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
81. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
82. Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade 2)
83. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
84. Urshifu (Pokemon Sword and Shield)
85. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
86. Shantae (Shantae)
87. Rayman (Rayman)
88. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
89. Doomguy/Doom Slayer (DOOM)