• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like Sora AND Geno can get in this pass, but only if Square Enix doesn't see Geno as "taking up a slot" for putting in another character of theirs and is just Nintendo's character.
Sora's not a Square-Enix character, though (at least, if the copyright info at the start of every single Kingdom Hearts game is any indication), so it's not like they're in competition with each other for a hypothetical Square-Enix spot.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, here's a little thought.

Steve's our last character for 2020, I think we can probably agree to that, but how do you think next year's reveals will pan out, especially since it seems like they're sticking to their December 2021 deadline?

For me, assuming that the gap between characters will be about 3 months, give or take a couple extra weeks:

January/Early Feb: CP8

April: CP9

June E3: CP10 is shown off

July-August: CP10

Late November/Early December: CP11

The only one I'm a bit sus on is CP9 in April. While we have always had multiple characters shown off at E3 in the past, with the fact we barely have any left, I just don't think we're getting multiple at next E3.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well I'll keep having faith in my underdog as a Capcom rep.

At this point that leak is like a Hydra, it just won't die no matter how much you cut it down.
Pretty sure I could make those models. Hell. I have seen others make those models. It is dead. It was dead when Ken gave a thumbs up because no leakers ever really have calling cards like that.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Steve's our last character for 2020, I think we can probably agree to that, but how do you think next year's reveals will pan out, especially since it seems like they're sticking to their December 2021 deadline?

For me, assuming that the gap between characters will be about 3 months, give or take a couple extra weeks:

The only one I'm a bit sus on is CP9 in April. While we have always had multiple characters shown off at E3 in the past, with the fact we barely have any left, I just don't think we're getting multiple at next E3.
This is what I think:

Dec/Jan: CP8 Revealed

April: CP8 Released

June (E3): CP9 & CP10 Revealed

July: CP9 Released

Sep: CP10 Released

Nov: CP11 Revealed

Dec/Jan: CP11 Released

cashregister9

Smash Hero

CP8 & CP9: E3 :strongbad:

CP8: December-February
CP9: E3
CP10: August-September
CP11: November-December

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This is what I think:

Dec/Jan: CP8 Revealed

April: CP8 Released

June (E3): CP9 & CP10 Revealed

July: CP9 Released

Sep: CP10 Released

Nov: CP11 Revealed

Dec/Jan: CP11 Released
Man, like, I can see it happen, but that's a terrible timeline. It'll have been 7 months since Steve by that point, and as 'long' as Min Min - Steve felt, it was only 3, it felt longer due to the ARMs guessing game.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

• CP8: January/February at the latest
  • CP9: E3
  • CP10: August at the latest
  • CP11: October at the earliest

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
From Capcom, I want Dante the most (Zero's not happening). However, as odd is it may be, I think Phoenix Wright's gonna get the spot for "Capcom rep".
So far, none of the DLC third party Mii costumes in Smash 4 has become playable fighters for DLC yet. Could this mean that Monster Hunter, Lloyd Irving and Geno are dis-confirmed?
I think it does, although I think this idea can come off as fallacious. The ones that haven't appeared yet may be fighters, but the only characters costumed in Tr4sh to make a playable appearance in Ultimate are base roster fighters (Isabelle, Chrom, King K. Rool, and Inkling).
I think the CacoMallow leak is fake.
Stuff is way too easy to fake.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
BUT MUH GEEEENOOOOOOO
MUH DOOOMGUY

I was thinking February or March for CP8, anywhere between May and July for CP9, and then the rest is the same as 2019.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I seriously doubt we're going 9 months from Steve with nothing, doubly doubt we'd get 2 characters at the same time.
I mainly put CP8 and CP9 together at E3 as a hype buffer my actual thoughts on the matter CP8 would be around December-February and then CP9 would be at E3

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Went on /v/ the other day, found this. Of course, it's likely fake. I just thought this would be interesting to share.
"This is all just hearsay, so choose what you believe."

I choose to believe it's a load of ****.

It doesn't even have an ARMS character on there.

Shroob

Sup?
Went on /v/ the other day, found this. Of course, it's likely fake. I just thought this would be interesting to share.
Fake but, man

I'm having a bit of a chuckle imaging the scenario:

Zelda gets a non-Triforce user!

"Holy crap is it Midna?! Skull Kid?! Impa?! One of the 4 Champions?!"

"Here's the super happy goddess gal from a spinoff, also she's your Koei Techmo rep by proxy."

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Points for Creativity I guess... but yeah this is fake
The exclusion of ARMS and the fact that Luminary and Erdrick are seperated

To humor this leak a bit:
I doubt that a random Bamco employee would know information that only a handful of Higher ups would know about, And why would Namco have all the unnecessary information that only Nintendo Higher Ups would know. It wouldn't shock me if Leakbait would still need to follow copyright guidelines, that seems like to many companies to get rights from for leak bait. 100% fake

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Bunk

On top of what everyone else mentioned, I'd like to point out Ezio is on the list but Altaïr was the assassin chosen for the mii costume. I'm assuming he also would've taken priority over Ezio if AC got playable status.

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
The direct article that EventHubs talks about actually falls more in line with how Sakurai explained Steve coming to be in the reveal:

https://sourcegaming.info/2019/09/11/sakurai-talks-more-about-smash-ultimate-dlc-development/

"First, again, the fighter lineup is basically decided by Nintendo. Naturally since they’re confident in me, they would consult me each time asking, 'Do you know whether or not you could develop this character?' If the request is unreasonable, I can potentially refuse them."

I don't think there's a list per-say, but more just Nintendo execs stopping by asking about certain characters until the selection is complete.

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Around that same time, we also had "Villager comes to town" and "Wii Fit Trainer weighs in"

Those ain't too shabby in comparison
Mega Man having the generic "Joins the Battle!" is what actually leads me to believe that his trailer was the very first one finished, and the idea to have cute taglines in the localized trailers came up shortly after.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
As everyone mentioned, the lack of ARMS kinda sinks this boat unless we assume that was added as an option after the first Fighter's Pass was selected.

That being said, I do have to give some props for effectively guessing the first Fighter's Pass, even if he did have 40 guesses to do so. I honestly don't know if I would've gotten Terry if I was in his shoes, to be completely honest.

Shroob

Sup?
As everyone mentioned, the lack of ARMS kinda sinks this boat unless we assume that was added as an option after the first Fighter's Pass was selected.

That being said, I do have to give some props for effectively guessing the first Fighter's Pass, even if he did have 40 guesses to do so. I honestly don't know if I would've gotten Terry if I was in his shoes, to be completely honest.
....wait a sec,

Checks date

....wait, May 2019? Can someone check if this 4chan post actually even exists in the first place and isn't just inspect element?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom