• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It doesn't change anything at all. Okami isn't related to minecraft, so it doesn't lower the chances :p

The art creation aspect of the game definitely doesn't make me think of minecraft either, so I think it's all good
No I know Amaterasu's chances are untouched I'm talking about Ori from his games (Blind Forest, Will of the Wisps)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No I know Amaterasu's chances are untouched I'm talking about Ori from his games (Blind Forest, Will of the Wisps)
Oh sorry I read too quick I though you said Ammy for some reason.

Ori.. well I guess it's good for them, because Steve is western and started as an indie. So I'd think that helps the chances.
But ori is in rivals of aether already, so that might be something that lowers the chances a little if nintendo cares about competition.

D

Deleted member

Take a look at my signature, fellas.

Most of you don't know me, but if you do, you know that thing hasn't changed for years.

Can't believe I got two of my Microsoft big three. Before late 2018 I never thought I'd even get one.

Bless up. Thank you Smash.
Yes, Smash Ultimate is amazing. Best reveal for all of the DLC, in my opinion.

ALSO I KNOW YOU LUIGI! HOW IS IT GOING??? I MISSED YOU! :)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Look, guy, look!

Generic enemies!
Without hats!
Playable in Smash!

I never want to hear any arguments against this guy ever again!
I'll give you Plant, but Zombie and Enderman are just alt costumes. I think comparatively their weight is significantly smaller than Piranha Plant's.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yes, Smash Ultimate is amazing. Best reveal for all of the DLC, in my opinion.

ALSO I KNOW YOU LUIGI! HOW IS IT GOING??? I MISSED YOU! :)
I'm glad you're happy shiny. That someone I know is really glad about the new character.
Wondering if I should put Alex as my avatar to honor the new character..

I only got like 3 hours of sleep so I'm gonna take off, but yous all keep having fun.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I got to ask, since it's likely Steve is being released Either this weekend, or Very Soon after, is there a chance of Getting FP8 Revealed AND Released this year?

SKX31

Smash Master
He's also our first Swedish character, as well as our first western character where Nintendo had no involvement in their creation whatsoever
TBF the former does not have that much competition (we're talking Battlefield and Paradox mainly), so it was not a surprise from that angle. The latter's more significant in this context.

Still, it is a bit heartwarming to see that, since we as humans tend to favor what's close to us. (Sometimes a bit too much, but that's another issue entirely.)
Mojang, DICE and Paradox are all based in Stockholm (and I live in its general metropolitian area - and if there's a well known Smasher from the city, it's Leffen).

The copyright list has added Mojang which means he’s treated as Mojang, not Microsoft
While Mojang is relatively independent from an operations standpoint, Xbox Game Studios is still Mojang's parent company since 2014.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad you're happy shiny. That someone I know is really glad about the new character.
Wondering if I should put Alex as my avatar to honor the new character..

I only got like 3 hours of sleep so I'm gonna take off, but yous all keep having fun.
Keep the Impa avatar, I love it.
Impa from Hyrule Warriors is adorable.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Smash continues to defy expectations by lowering the bar, I didn't think things could get worse after a plant, then we got Byleth, didn't think things could get worse after the Fire Emblem nation attacked and well...

At risk of it happening again, I legitimately can't think of anything worse, even Incinerace would be an improvement. I'm getting too old for this.
Now how do I get a refund.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh sorry I read too quick I though you said Ammy for some reason.

Ori.. well I guess it's good for them, because Steve is western and started as an indie. So I'd think that helps the chances.
But ori is in rivals of aether already, so that might be something that lowers the chances a little if nintendo cares about competition.
No prob simple mistake.

Oh okay, I was just curious about his chances. I started playing Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch, I haven't gotten far, but from what I've seen so far it's a beautiful game, and don't get me started on the music.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'd imagine it's a Joker/Atlus situation; The original owner gets credit, but he's still owned by a larger company that was previously in Smash.
And the people who know that atlus is a part of Sega recognize Joker as the third Sega character.

Which is a surprisingly small number.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Steve definitely isn't someone i would actively campaign for, but Steve is definitely a neat addition, makes sense and it's a huge milestone for Smash and what it represents. I also definitely think steve was probably originally going to be the opener for E3.
Also, before Steve i was expecting fp8 to show up in 2021, but now i feel like theres a pretty good chance we could see 8 this year.

And... how fast do you think it'll take before someone mods steve and changes his skin to different characters?

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Smash continues to defy expectations by lowering the bar, I didn't think things could get worse after a plant, then we got Byleth, didn't think things could get worse after the Fire Emblem nation attacked and well...

At risk of it happening again, I legitimately can't think of anything worse, even Incinerace would be an improvement. I'm getting too old for this.
> Thinks Byleth is lowest of the lows
Likes Corrin
Alright

And nah, this isn't the lowest, now if they add a ****ing Pokemon character, I'm gonna hurt myself

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Let me ask you an honest question; how does it feel to be trapped in the vocal minority? Not trying to throw shade or anything.

D

Deleted member

Steve definitely isn't someone i would actively campaign for, but Steve is definitely a neat addition, makes sense and it's a huge milestone for Smash and what it represents. I also definitely think steve was probably originally going to be the opener for E3.
Here is my question.

Was it Min Min and Steve for E3, or Steve and CP8 for E3?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Im still not going to lose my hope on Sora, especially now that Master Chief is mostly out of question to compete with him, but the only characters im truly expecting at this point is Crash, a Namco rep, and Geno

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Likes Corrin
Alright
lol what
And nah, this isn't the lowest, now if they add a ****ing Pokemon character, I'm gonna hurt myself
I was gonna say at least a Pokemon would be well animated, but with how true to the games Sakurai is being, a gen 8 Pokemon would just float across the stage in a T-pose.

...at least the model would be an improvement.

Let me ask you an honest question; how does it feel to be trapped in the vocal minority? Not trying to throw shade or anything.
Being old sucks.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So uh - I don't know what to say besides that this is awesome, and that I am super excited. A lot of work clearly went into being true to the game (I was terrified they'd be given joints if added). They look like a lot of fun, and were certainly a great choice for the roster. I don't know what naysayers are on about, but this is sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom