• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Okay, so they removed the 'new' tag from Min Min. Clearly we're getting something soon."
*Nothing happens.
I know you're referring to just DLC but to be fair something that did come after the NEW was removed was the Small Battlefield update, so it's not like we actually got nothing at all.

Anyways, I'm just gonna believe the reason 7/11 ads came up for Vol 2 was because Min Min didn't interest enough people to buy the whole pass and Nintendo wanted to remind people that 5 more characters are still coming regardless if the next character is ready to showcase. At least that way, I could quell the idea that a reveal could happen anytime soon.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I mean, Pokemon Trainer is a human and he was allowed.
True, but he never actually hit anyone. He's just in the background commanding the Pokemon. Surprised they didn't do the same thing for Mac with Doc Louis in Smash Ultimate. 3DS/Wii U made sense, but it would've been feasible in Ultimate. Whatever.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And it's been shown SEVERAL TIMES already that Smash has allowed Pokemon to be exempt for some reason. And I'm not even referring to Lucario either. I'm referring to how Ash Greninja was designed for the anime, then got brought back into the games with Sun/Moon, and then became Greninja's Final Smash. I think with Pokemon, it only really depends on how Jessie and James were to be counted. Since just like Ash Greninja, Jessie and James were added into the Games WAYYY back in Yellow, and again in Let's Go. Honestly, Pokemon is weird, especially when it comes to Smash.
I mean, that's a good enough point that maybe it doesn't matter if it started in the anime.
But I don't see anyone cheering for jesse and james to be in smash :O It'd be a bit weird.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And it's been shown SEVERAL TIMES already that Smash has allowed Pokemon to be exempt for some reason. And I'm not even referring to Lucario either. I'm referring to how Ash Greninja was designed for the anime, then got brought back into the games with Sun/Moon, and then became Greninja's Final Smash. I think with Pokemon, it only really depends on how Jessie and James were to be counted. Since just like Ash Greninja, Jessie and James were added into the Games WAYYY back in Yellow, and again in Let's Go. Honestly, Pokemon is weird, especially when it comes to Smash.
Street fighter is kinda like this too. One of the spirits is of a character who made Thai first appearance in separate media outside of a street fighter game and was later added to the games as a newcomer.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Y'know to his credit, despite there already being many humans in Smash, I could see TPC having a problem with one of their human characters actually physically hitting a Pokemon.

I don't think the situation wherein that was likely to manifest itself would ever happen, but TPC already has their shtick, and I could see that being part of it. They already do a lot of sidestepping to avoid the, uh, abuse and dogfighting angles, what with their "fainting" and their "Pokemon like being inside the Pokeball" and drastically reducing the number of trainers that had whips after Gen 1.

A theory, if nothing else.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anyone can support any character, it's fine. I just wouldn't wanna see humans from the pokemon realm hitting pokemon themselves :p

btw JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 just so you know, the forum has a rule against double posting (posting right after your own post), just thought to mention it.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I definitely think Jessie and James would be cool additions, and would likely be the easiest way to add a Pokemon Villain to Smash. Since an entirely new Trainer seems like too much for DLC. Ah oh well.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I give to you all, a hypothetical scenario.

A Smash trailer leaks, but not any footage of the fighter. Instead, to bring this conversation back up, the ending listing the copyrights is what leaks. This is what it contains:

Now, how do you react?
WAIFUS BEGONE.

WAIFUS MUST PERISH AT ALL COSTS.

(joking aside, it would a pretty damn underwhelming character if im honest, never a fan of most "moe" female choices, outside of maybe Arle)

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Anyone can support any character, it's fine. I just wouldn't wanna see humans from the pokemon realm hitting pokemon themselves :p
It's funny though as I had a wacky idea in my head before of how cool it would be if we had Bea as the Gen 8 rep. No, not using her Pokémon, but actually fighting with her Galar Karate. :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's funny though as I had a wacky idea in my head before of how cool it would be if we had Bea as the Gen 8 rep. No, not using her Pokémon, but actually fighting with her Galar Karate. :p
I often wondered about martial artists in the pokemon realm. Like sometimes they must train their pokemon themselves right? or is that frowned upon.. :O

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I often wondered about martial artists in the pokemon realm. Like sometimes they must train their pokemon themselves right? or is that frowned upon.. :O
Nope. I think it's because of the whole narrative that the trainer has to train alongside their Pokémon (as seen in episodes where they randomly stick Ash on a treadmill).

Shroob

Sup?
I'm looking forward to the absolute scenes when the 7/11 ad goes away without a reveal. And then we get the skipped event on the 6th of October and it's just another normal event.
I mean, I don't know anything about this skipped event, but the main thing is the, ya know, what is it again? The double digit missing news articles? Like, I fully expect us to pass the 7-11 ad yes, but I also kinda always pointed out that Pokemon could, and would likely, come before Smash did.
"Okay, so they removed the 'new' tag from Min Min. Clearly we're getting something soon."
*Nothing happens.
"Yeah, no Tournament or Spirit Event is a pretty good sign based off past precedence. Get hype!"
*Nothing happens.
"I-I've done the math!! The 7/11 ad is true!! It has to be!! They won't pull the rug out from under us this time!! WE'RE GETTING AN ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEK OR SO HELP ME I'LL—"

If that happens, picture a grown adult in the corner of a room rocking back and forth in the fetal position, muttering under their breath while a child's music box slowly plays a creepy song.

That's gonna be this thread.

1601338687935.png

I mean, I delight in salt as much as the next guy, but this is coming off as exceptionally mean spirited. I know you're the big contrarian and all that, but maybe a bit of kindness would go a little way? We've already seen a couple users start having actual legitimate mental breaks, and while it's not our issue to deal with, coming off on a high horse is a bit of a bad take.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Sorry about that.
You're good, you're new here, no need to apologize.

Whenever you post something, in the bottom left corner of your message there will be an "Edit" button next to "Report." If you want to expand upon something you stated, use the Edit button. If not, you can just wait until somebody else replies and then you make an additional post.

Also, if you want to directly respond to something that somebody else said, click "Reply" underneath their post (on the bottom right).

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, I delight in salt as much as the next guy, but this is coming off as exceptionally mean spirited. I know you're the big contrarian and all that, but maybe a bit of kindness would go a little way? We've already seen a couple users start having actual legitimate mental breaks, and while it's not our issue to deal with, coming off on a high horse is a bit of a bad take.
More or less a joke about how people are going insane trying to find something that'll stick and lead to a reveal.

People can interpret the post however they like, but it wasn't supposed to be malevolent. Honestly, I didn't think it stood out any more than other posts that have made similar jokes. I'm actually surprised people were offended by it. Expected more people to get a giggle out of it than anything else.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

I love Minecraft, I'd be thrilled if Steve got in. I never understood the public perception of Minecraft. Some years, it's cool to like Minecraft. Other years, you're a loser and "cringe" person if you like Minecraft. Now it's cool to like it again.

I'm pretty sure that is the same case with Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

-7 Pages

Was a Sakurai Presents revealed?

Last edited by a moderator:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I kinda miss stuff

So If the new Pokemon Direct does have Gen 2 Remake, more credit to that leak?

D

Deleted member

If we were to get CP7 this week, then I feel like a Sakurai Presents would most likely have to be revealed tommorow.

This could very well happen.

1. Animal Crossing news and Kirby Fighters 2 was in one week.
2. TPC did the announcement for Crown Tundra News, not Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I kinda miss stuff

So If the new Pokemon Direct does have Gen 2 Remake, more credit to that leak?
Obviously a Gen 2 remake would help give the rumor credibility, but I don't see any reason to expect something that big when they could've revealed it in June.

As far as I'm aware, they're advertising this as Crown Tundra news/SwSh DLC news. That's all I'm expecting.

If we were to get CP7 this week, then I feel like a Sakurai Presents would most likely have to be revealed tommorow.

A reveal tomorrow would make things unnecessarily crammed. Makes more sense to announce something in the following days.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Man, I doubt one will come tomorrow, but if it does, people are instantly going to bandwagon on it being a Gen 8 Pokemon, especially due to the missing news slots giving the belief that Nintendo's holding onto this character for some reason.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I love Minecraft, I'd be thrilled if Steve got in. I never understood the public perception of Minecraft. Some years, it's cool to like Minecraft. Other years, you're a loser and "cringe" person if you like Minecraft. Now it's cool to like it again.

I'm pretty sure that is the same case with Pokemon.
Minecraft was just popular to hate because it's popular and has lots of kids playing and boy do gamers love picking on others, especially little kids. People just largely moved on to the next super popular game that kids play.

Pokémon's just in a situation where the current main games are seen as subpar by quite a sizable group of people.

D

Deleted member

Man, I doubt one will come tomorrow, but if it does, people are instantly going to bandwagon on it being a Gen 8 Pokemon, especially due to the missing news slots giving the belief that Nintendo's holding onto this character for some reason.
We will see.

I will say that a Gen 8 Pokemon is unlikely, because it had post-release event spirits. Three Houses never had any event spirits, and Byleth got in the battle.

TheBeastHimself

Gen 2 remake??

For the love of God, are we going to get a second Gen 3 remake before a proper Gen 4 remake???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom