• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I give to you all, a hypothetical scenario.

A Smash trailer leaks, but not any footage of the fighter. Instead, to bring this conversation back up, the ending listing the copyrights is what leaks. This is what it contains:

Now, how do you react?
Initial reaction: Who?
Reaction after finding out:
Sleeping Mario.gif

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I certainly can't wait for the conspiracy theories that CP7 and CP8 actually swap places and that CP8 was this big E3 reveal in place of CP7 originally, but for some reason was swapped with CP8 for a reason that only makes sense to those that were irrationally disappointed by CP7. Only for said theory to be disproven once CP8 is revealed and it aint an E3 tier reveal.
Wasn't that basically what happened with the whole Ryu Hayabusa thing in the last pass?
I can see something like that happening again if CP7 isn't some E3 tier character yeah...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Never played Arcana Heart, but I guess Heart would be alright, even if her games haven't been ported to Switch, as far as I'm aware. Then again, she DID appear in BBTAG, so she should be fine.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought you were talking about something else...
"Hello, I am Masahiro Sakurai, and I am proud to announce Neptune from Compile Heart's Hyperdimension Neptunia series."
"You may be wondering, "Isn't Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for good boys and girls of all ages?" If you thought that, then yes, that is correct. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate indeed for good boys and girls of all ages."
"However, I don't give a flying ****. We are making the entire game industry into waifus and you are going to like it."
"Never ask me for anything ever again."

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Eh the longer we go without even seeing FP7 the more I might feel that MinMin was probably hypothetically meant to be the only "E3 reveal" at the time.

I don't really see why the next character would be this far off from E3 if they where meant to be revealed there initially, even with an ongoing pandemic.
Unless there are some huge delays going on, but I'd kind of expect Nintendo/Sakurai to let us know if the December 2021 deadline wasn't going to be met...

But that's probably just me..
I would argue that the next character was supposed to be the E3 character because everything else that's been revealed recently feel like lumps of a bigger summer direct that couldn't have been released earlier due to flu season.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would argue that the next character was supposed to be the E3 character because everything else that's been revealed recently feel like lumps of a bigger summer direct that couldn't have been released earlier due to flu season.
Fair enough.

Though other DLC's like Pokemon's seem to be on track as well as Sakurai's comments on everything being fine with his DLC, but what do I know...

Guess only time will tell.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Shroob

Sup?
Fair enough.

Though other DLC's like Pokemon's seem to be on track as well as Sakurai's comments on everything being fine with his DLC, but what do I know...

I'd buy this, a week or two ago maybe.

The fact that we have indisputable evidence that the current Spirit event got bumped up over 9 spots in advance to when it should have dropped tells me something's amiss.

Either DLC is more ****ed than we were let on, or Nintendo is trying to squeeze blood from a stone and is giving as little of their backlog as they can so they can stretch out their releases for as long as they can, with Smash being an unfortunate victim of it.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Fair enough.

I think there's a good chance that the DLC may already be done, they just can't release it because as Sakurai himself stated, meetings with the third parties had to be postponed.

They probably just need the final approval from the third party to get the character out there.

Unless of course it's another first party then I'm off base completely. lol

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Look I get that a Compile Heart character would be a big deal, but let's not put it on the level of Mario just yet. :4pacman:
He's so excited he became pixelated.

Calm down bro, it's only a video game. I get you're excited but there are kids here.
Look the compile heart characters remind me of Mario. That's all. Sorry for showing a hint of excitement.

Kawaii Mario.jpg

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I watched source gaming's video on that smash 2 poll, Ogma was one of those characters, Which he is from fire emblem which also has 8 characters, I'm not asking for more fire emblem characters, Like we have enough, But is it strange how he isn't in smash at all, even as a spirit
Ogma is in the weird spot where he's notable enough to gain a fanbase but still unimportant enough to be skipped over.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
"Hello, I am Masahiro Sakurai, and I am proud to announce Neptune from Compile Heart's Hyperdimension Neptunia series."
"You may be wondering, "Isn't Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for good boys and girls of all ages?" If you thought that, then yes, that is correct. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate indeed for good boys and girls of all ages."
"However, I don't give a flying ****. We are making the entire game industry into waifus and you are going to like it."
"Never ask me for anything ever again."
Ain't gonna lie but I would scream of confused joy if Neptune got into Smash Bros. I'd be very, very confused but happy.

Plus I'd rather have Neptunia crossover in BlazBlue with Date a Live first.

And the stage has to be the Planeptune Basillicom.

1601334111852.png

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I give to you all, a hypothetical scenario.

A Smash trailer leaks, but not any footage of the fighter. Instead, to bring this conversation back up, the ending listing the copyrights is what leaks. This is what it contains:

Now, how do you react?
Get somewhat hyped because that means Neptune from Neptunia might be in Smash

I'm looking forward to the absolute scenes when the 7/11 ad goes away without a reveal. And then we get the skipped event on the 6th of October and it's just another normal event.
How would you feel if we didn't get a reveal by the 4th, but we got an announcement for the reveal on the following Monday? That has happened before.

Hold on. Who is everyone currently predicting for Challenger Pack 7?
I'm thinking something Terry-esque (makes sense in hindsight but not at the front of people's minds). Maybe a Mario character, but only because the November tournament feels a bit fishy to me. I still think that if a Mario character is happening it's weird they weren't announced at the Mario's 35th presentation.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"Okay, so they removed the 'new' tag from Min Min. Clearly we're getting something soon."
*Nothing happens.
"Yeah, no Tournament or Spirit Event is a pretty good sign based off past precedence. Get hype!"
*Nothing happens.
"I-I've done the math!! The 7/11 ad is true!! It has to be!! They won't pull the rug out from under us this time!! WE'RE GETTING AN ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEK OR SO HELP ME I'LL—"

Eh the longer we go without even seeing FP7 the more I might feel that MinMin was probably hypothetically meant to be the only "E3 reveal" at the time.

I don't really see why the next character would be this far off from E3 if they where meant to be revealed there initially, even with an ongoing pandemic.
Unless there are some huge delays going on, but I'd kind of expect Nintendo/Sakurai to let us know if the December 2021 deadline wasn't going to be met...

But that's probably just me..
At this point, I think it's equally possible that they might've been saving F7 for a potential September Direct, then release the character in the following weeks.

Min Min and F7 should've been effected the most by COVID, and if Min Min was still able to release relatively close to the initial date they had in mind, then I think F7 would probably be the same. Maybe around a one month delay at worst, which would mean they had planned on F7 being released in the end of August or beginning of September. Still feasible enough for an E3 reveal, but much later than that wouldn't make it seem likely.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
"Okay, so they removed the 'new' tag from Min Min. Clearly we're getting something soon."
*Nothing happens.
"Yeah, no Tournament or Spirit Event is a pretty good sign based off past precedence. Get hype!"
*Nothing happens.
"I-I've done the math!! The 7/11 ad is true!! It has to be!! They won't pull the rug out from under us this time!! WE'RE GETTING AN ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEK OR SO HELP ME I'LL—"
*Nothing happens for like, a month.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I get that the Smash fanbase can be silly but there's no point in mocking people for thinking a reveal is soon because of X reason.

Like... it doesn't make you look right. It just makes you look like a jerk.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I think Jessie and James have a decent shot depending on two factors:
1. How would they be counted?
2. Would the Pokemon Company allow them to hit Jigglypuff?
Could definitely be interesting

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think The Pokemon Company has any issue with Jigglypuff being hit.

She's already in Smash.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Going back in to add 'Steve' because you're right lol. Maybe not so much Master Chief? Maybe that one was really only considered here on Smash Boards? I'll replace him with Steve. Steve was being debated back before we even knew who DLC fighter 3 was. Guess the Chief is somewhat more recent a discussion.
Master Chief’s gotten a good bit of discussion this year. But I think that’s mainly dreaming due to how big of a bombshell he’d be. Most people still see him as a long shot.

Even as (probably) the biggest Master Chief supporter on this site, I’d say he’s not particularly likely. I have a good feeling about him but that’s largely bias lmao

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Lol what. Jesse and james from team rocket from the anime?

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I'm talking by Humans from the Pokemon Universe.

Would they be allowed to or no? They are with Team Rocket so theoretically yes, but at the same time the Pokemon Company is weird.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Would they be allowed to or no? They are with Team Rocket so theoretically yes, but at the same time the Pokemon Company is weird.
They were made for the anime.

And before someone point out Lucario, he was designed for the game before it :p

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I'm sure they're allowed, but I don't think Sakurai or Nintendo are really intrested in doing anything else with humans from the Pokémon world outside something like PT.

If Team Rocket gets in Smash, I would expect the Pokémon to be the real characters who you'd have control over. You'd be playing as Team Rocket, but not really.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I mean, Pokemon Trainer is a human and he was allowed.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If Team Rocket gets in Smash, I would expect the Pokémon to be the real characters who you'd have control over. You'd be playing as Team Rocket, but not really.
Yeah, you'd probably just get Meowth. Maybe Weezing and Arbok if Sakurai thought they'd add something interesting mechanically.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
And it's been shown SEVERAL TIMES already that Smash has allowed Pokemon to be exempt for some reason. And I'm not even referring to Lucario either. I'm referring to how Ash Greninja was designed for the anime, then got brought back into the games with Sun/Moon, and then became Greninja's Final Smash. I think with Pokemon, it only really depends on how Jessie and James were to be counted. Since just like Ash Greninja, Jessie and James were added into the Games WAYYY back in Yellow, and again in Let's Go. Honestly, Pokemon is weird, especially when it comes to Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom